Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• DragonAge_23586441DragonAge_23586441 Posts: 229 Member
    So far the game "Get To Work" is great

All that I would like is for the hospital to feel like a hospital. So far it's only my sim that seems to do the work around there. I would love for more doctors to came and see patients and run all kids of tests, for someone to take the patients that cues up to available bed (open bed), for someone to cleanup more often and repair, for patients to take a seat while waiting instead standing around and more co-workers.

What's the deal with only 3 co-workers in a hospital?

Now I can't say anything about the other 2 careers as I hadn't play it as of yet however I do hope that there's more co-workers than 3.
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    @DragonAge_23586441 Love your Avi

I'm having an issue with customers not being able to come into my shop. I sell the shop and it works fine after its been sold. Then I buy it and it wont let customers in.
  • NikkiandHollyNikkiandHolly Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the fact that you have now added work and school relationships back into the game. I'm enjoying the doctor career thus far but think it's a real shame you can't visit the hospital without working there. Also we need burglars like in Sims 3 then we could report it at the station etc. this really would make the game awesome. Science lab can stay closed off as who visits a science lab anyhow.
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    That would be useful if we have a display that could sell harvestables (is that a word?) and food easier and autonomously BUT cheap or anything to don't make sooo overpowered.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I am really enjoying Get to Work but so far I'm finding the retail a little tedious because it takes too long to ring up a sale and it's impossible to work out if your sim is chatting about retail or becoming distracted with other chat. My sim's assistant started off quite well but then went off to do other things and wouldn't do what he was asked to do (at all!) which left my sim trying to tend everyone in the store herself. The result was that she was distracted by chatting with other customers; took far too long to respond to any of my directions and took so long ringing up those she could get to that three customers were lost by walking out because no-one could (or would as in the case of the assistant) get to them in time. This was really frustrating and off putting so I feel it could be improved on to make it more enjoyable.

So even if sims require cajoling to buy something I would like to see the ability to ring customers up quickly when they finally decide to buy something so that my sim can be more efficient and therefore more satisfying to play.
  • queenstonequeenstone Posts: 3 New Member
    I was dissappointed that no new Aspirations were added and no new rewards (traits, but I'd settle for a potion, too), although to be honest there may be 1 or 2 that are new, I am not 100% sure, but still it would be too little.

I have not played that much of it for now, but I like that there are active careers/professions, now but dislike their linearity and simplicity. I get that it's easier, more convenient and logical to reuse the date-reward system for professions, but what I don't like is having to do the same tasks the same way every time (as Doctor, only, so far) and at the same time I am unable to just go to a patient, perform ALL the tests and give the correct diagnosis and get a job increase, instead I have to do 1 or two tests, pause so the task can be completed and replaced by a new one and either waste time going to an X-ray or Treadmill only to come back and resume checking ears/eyes or be forced to redo a test on a new patient to complete a task, since the current patient cannot have the same test performed again (sometimes, for some reason, which is not important).

I know it would be asking too much for things like clibrating machines or repairing/upgrading them to be noticed by the game bosses, since this does not happen even in the real world. :smiley:

Also, I was exited for baking, but soon bummed out when I tryed it. First of all I am really annoyed how many things in the Sims 4, which to me seem logical to be reproducable a lot of times easily, actually are not. For example - I have that donuts/cookies special machine and I expected to be able to bake boatloadts at a time with it, but instead - one interection - one serving. Even in the Sims 3 there would be actions like "Make many of ..." which made playing that much easier, now to open a bakery I would die of old age from simply re-clicking "bake <whatever>" :smiley:

Continuing on, sorry I will post it here I hope it is okay - I am let down by skills in Sims 4, in general, not just Baking - they lack skill challenges from Sims 3 which were fun and rewarding to do, even if some were a bit "grindy". :smiley: and seem plain to me, for example I cannot, for the life of me, see any point in "Gourmet Cooking". Neither do I see a point in it being a separate skill from "Cooking" nor do I think there is much point for a separate skill that makes the same another skill makes just with a fancier name.
    Also it seems to me skills in the Sims 3 were a lot more distinguished in levels, many skills would have huge differences in interactions and possibilities between levels, reaching a certain level opened a whole new world of possibilities, while in the Sims 4 it seems to me all a lot of skill levels offer is filler level up notification text.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents. :)

Serious about the new professions job tasks, thou' :smiley:
  • ederin38ederin38 Posts: 6 New Member
    EP is cool but after my customers buy a cake or cookies i wish they eat their meals in my coffee shop. I build a background to make cookies when i need but customers are every where. I mean there should be a door for staff only.İ hire a staff with high talent but he still chat with customers... Aliens make the game funny but abductions are too much and not cool.( only in 2 days my sim abducted three times.) I got 2 crushes in two days and inventory has a bug. Oh and when i open that new world i was shocked there are only 4 lots that was disappointment. I thought it would be a full map. And i have a question if my active sim is sick can i take him to the hospital? İ saw him while dizzy but couldn't find any option about going to hospital. Taking sick sims to the hospital can be good. Other things are nice for now.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I also noticed my sims social and entertainment needs go down rather quickly now.And my sim gets basically no break during her shifts, I think the time/clock needs to be tweaked and the sims need to be giving a desinated break time so they don't go home pratically dead, soaked from peeing self or bored to death.Locked doors would be nice also.And P.S. why does the hospital have a receptionist if they can't check patients in.Also I think patients should SIT instead of blocking the entrance lol.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited April 2015
    The "problems" with get to work (that I've seen so far in my game).

Employees do NOTHING.
    There are no themed wallpapers.
    Decor is lacking, there are some nice things for sure, but lacking.
    That shopping district with 4 lots...REALLY?
    That's all I can think of atm.

PS. it has been said that a lot of the problems with this game stem from the fact that this was originally intended to be an online thing.....WHY ON EARTH?????
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Okay, so I just went into game, and I noticed my co-worker was finally checking patients in, and another one was making beds.
  • jli1984jli1984 Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Only tried detective (at level 7). It is a lot of fun so far, but I would like to know what crime my sim is investigating.

Really looking forward to trying retail...
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    So, what happens when you click on the cash register? Does the option to open come up at all?
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    @DragonAge_23586441 Love your Avi

I'm having an issue with customers not being able to come into my shop. I sell the shop and it works fine after its been sold. Then I buy it and it wont let customers in.

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    it's almost like you are working as a doctor in a American HMO---never enough time with the patient, pressured to take useless tests, and playing politics is as importent as patient care. Maybe _TOO_ realistic. I'm laughing, but I'm also shaking my head.
    queenstone wrote: »
    I was dissappointed that no new Aspirations were added and no new rewards (traits, but I'd settle for a potion, too), although to be honest there may be 1 or 2 that are new, I am not 100% sure, but still it would be too little.

I have not played that much of it for now, but I like that there are active careers/professions, now but dislike their linearity and simplicity. I get that it's easier, more convenient and logical to reuse the date-reward system for professions, but what I don't like is having to do the same tasks the same way every time (as Doctor, only, so far) and at the same time I am unable to just go to a patient, perform ALL the tests and give the correct diagnosis and get a job increase, instead I have to do 1 or two tests, pause so the task can be completed and replaced by a new one and either waste time going to an X-ray or Treadmill only to come back and resume checking ears/eyes or be forced to redo a test on a new patient to complete a task, since the current patient cannot have the same test performed again (sometimes, for some reason, which is not important).
  • mightymahhmightymahh Posts: 4 New Member
    When I go to the doctor career I can't even interact with the doctor on the lot and she just leaves every day and doesn't come back so I can't advance at all in this career
  • XsnipergirlXXsnipergirlX Posts: 2 New Member
    When I load up a retail store that one of my sims family owns it is fine, but if I go to my other family then the game crashes.
  • LilacLilac Posts: 5 New Member
    The doctor leaves a few minutes after my Sim arrives at work so I have never been able to transfer a patient. A Sim also cannot fulfill the greet a patient interaction with a Sim they have already met. My Sim has known almost everyone that comes in. I get through 3-5 interactions and then get stuck. Really not great. And how about some staff in the hospital? It's like someone forgot to finish this career and EA released it anyway.
  • RydiahRydiah Posts: 14 New Member
    Islarosexiv, unfortunately these are the refrigerated displays and they aren't self serve (Can't remember the name of them atm >.< the rounded ones). I do know what you're talking about, the Lice Cold freezer or whatever.

I would still like to be able to lock doors and set areas as employee only though.
  • JENNTNJENNTN Posts: 38 Member
    I am enjoying it so far. I am very frustrated though because since installing I have continually encountered a glitch that seems to involve gardening...my sim gets stuck. I will send my sim to garden, carry on with my household, then 10 sim hours later she is critical in needs and still watering 12 plants with no progress and I am unable to cancel the interaction. Very frustrating.
  • Archangel4lifeArchangel4life Posts: 47 Member
    I'd like a lock option for doors. It's really annoying in shops that you can't lock the doors.
  • JENNTNJENNTN Posts: 38 Member
    I'd also like the option to set bed ownership. It gets tiring decorating rooms for everyone to find father and son in bed together, mother in daughter's bed, and everyone else wherever :/
  • Soulangel980Soulangel980 Posts: 29 Member
    The good:
    - I do love a lot of the new content, it's varied and though not much for kids, being oriented with a work theme, it makes sense to be adult centric. Home items, CAS items are great additions.
    - I have only tried the doctor career so far and I really love it (will give suggestions below). The active career is really nice and entertaining. I can play for hours and it is a nice mix of realistic and completely out there quirky and amusing. I had a few good giggles. Progression makes sense to a good degree (even if an RN playing surgeon was a bit funny).
    - Aliens have a very pretty design to them.
    - Retail is really varied and opened and creating shops and themes is quite amusing.

Suggestions:
    - For the doctor career, there are a few modifications that would help the game greatly, especially when you pass about level 4 or 5, when the sim gains a certain status / authority. The doctor (for transfers) leaving seem like a bug to me, but the employees lacking help and assistance could be easily fixed if the doctor also 'manages' the hospital to a degree. The game could use some of the retail functions adapted to the hospital, where you would have a limited list of task for the employees. It seems like the medical assistant is just there to look like the receptionist and answer the phone, so I guess that's ok. But the player's sim could set the orderly on various tasks (maybe one at a time, like the employees who clean or restock) such as 'clean the hospital', 'repair/calibrate machinery', 'Admit patients to beds (with an algorithm to make them admit every time a bed is opened and made)' and the nurse could be set to have tasks such as 'logging analysis results', 'deliver food to patients' or even 'administer medication and vaccines (for diagnosis with a non surgical treatment)'.
    - Retail could be improved with a slight modification of sim social behaviors. When a group chat is initiate (and this is everywhere, not just in retail lots), they don't seem to have much of an end until the sim gets very uncomfortable, called to work or drastically interrupted. Maybe autonomous chats could end when no action remain in the queue of any sim and allow for other activities to 'cut in' the priority list of things to do? This would help when re-assigning an employee from sales pitches to other tasks.

Possible bug:
    On the task list during active doctor career, there is a line that says 'Work day ends at [time]'... however the time displayed does not match the in game time the shift end.
  • kaddi28kaddi28 Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2015
    I love the new EP and all the opportunities, however I'm sure they'd be more fun if I could read them!! Over half of the text boxes come up blank and there is no writing in them- I can't tell what the game is asking me so it has become guess-work. This has also happened with the notifications, there are orange boxes and no writing. It is extremely frustrating. I started a business but can't manage it as all the funds and the page to help run it is BLANK. This is so annoying and I don't know how to fix it!

Does anyone else have the same issues? Can anybody help me or know how to fix this???
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    Where are the aspirations and traits to go with the new jobs??? It's nearly impossible to create a sim to put into a new job and have them fulfill any whims! I'm absolutely loving the jobs and being able to control my sims at work, but the lack of matching aspirations and traits is a BIG issue! How can I have a doctor that has no desires to do with anything work related? :s Frustrated!!
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    @SimGuruBChick I am really liking the game so far ... I am having lots of fun designing new retail locations.

My one complaint for GTW is that it didn't have any sort of clubbing/dining experience ... I really wished there was a ticket machine added. I feel like the ticket machine would have opened up a lot of possibilities.

I really hope that you include a club and dining system, preferably in the next GP ... I don't wanna wait for the next EP. :P
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm kind of dissapointed with it...

1. The new world has 4 lots and even though its pretty its just much too little
    2. Hate HATE the fact that I can't live in my business place properly, especially when my sim has babies
    3. I don't like that all the new places are hidden and im not free to go there whenever i feel like it
    21mbz47.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top