Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-House 001 in Oasis Springs world may be left, rebuilt or replaced (Residential Lot only)
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 001
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 002
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Crick Cabana Lot in Willow Creek world
-Demolish the Crick Cabana Lot
-Set the Crick Cabana Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Crick Cabana Residential Lot in Willow Creek
-You May select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays ot Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any belongings that The Drifter has brought in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY other object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 002)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 002 without losing all prior world progress

THE ONLY PLAYABLE SIM THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE IS:
-The Drifter (the previous heir coming from House 001 if you are continuing)
*The Sim you created if you are just doing House 002
*All other Household Sims are considered non-playable who may only be controlled using options available through their portrait in the bottom left hand corner

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 002
1. As a minimum create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $40k Simoleons

2. Marry and THEN Move-In one of the following Sims:
Gardener, Pizza Delivery, Mail Carrier, Maid, Repair Service

3. Complete the following milestones:
Milestone 1: Greenhorn
-Harvest 10 DIFFERENT types of plants
-Catch 5 Fish in Sylvan Glade

Milestone II: Forest Scout
-Unlock the gourmet cooking skill (level 5)
-Cook 2 plates of Fish Tacos
-Eat 10 raw plants

Milestone III: Wilderness Explorer
-Plant 1 of each of the following: Flower, Vegetable, Fruit and Herb
-Make a Friend

Milestone IV: Outdoor Enthusiast
-Reach level 10 of the Cooking skill
-Nap or sleep a total of 24 hours (collectively) outdoors *try a bench or drag a bed outside*
-Collect or Breed 5 Frogs
As an added level of challenge difficulty do not begin working on these milestones until your Heir is Toddler age or higher

*IF you have Outdoor Retreat and/or want more of a challenge, complete the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration instead of the above listed Milestones
As an added level of challenge difficulty do not begin working on this Aspiration until your Heir is Toddler age or higher

4. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
*When The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing on to House 003

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Households Funds is required ANY time you travel to:
-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Sylvan Glade
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival Locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats and Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio Vendor
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit The Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

NON-PLAYABLE SIMS CAN:
-Redeem their points in the Rewards Store
-Answer their phones and respond to pop-up events
-Use the following interactions:
*Blow Out Candles, Make A Wish, or Taste Frosting (Age Up)
*Change Outfit
*Claim Bed
-Spend Fame Points (Get Famous needed)

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have The Drifter or The Heir become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Okay, so to be clear, Israel will need to change his aspiration to outdoor enthusiast. He has to marry a working sim, but only the random jobs that we get from mail/pizza/etc and he is not allowed to work on the aspiration until his heir is a child?

The rules seem out of order for chronological time frame, which is why I'm double confirming.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    naniminna wrote: »
    Okay, so to be clear, Israel will need to change his aspiration to outdoor enthusiast. He has to marry a working sim, but only the random jobs that we get from mail/pizza/etc and he is not allowed to work on the aspiration until his heir is a child?
    The rules seem out of order for chronological time frame, which is why I'm double confirming.

Sry it's a bit out of order..I retyped the rules like 5 times this morning...trying 2 get this thread 2 post. I'll rearrange things a little so it makes more sense.

Yes...Yes...& Yes...you've got it right =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Shouldn't the 4th bold text be house 2 instead of house 1?
  • OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks for posting Vihisha. This set of rules will be even more challenging than the first (which I expected). I'm thinking the best way to make sure my playable Sim doesn't start on the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration is to select another aspiration until the first-born child becomes a child. Would you agree?
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Shouldn't the 4th bold text be house 2 instead of house 1?
    Thank-u ...yes it should. I went ahead & changed that :| my bad

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Ophylleni wrote: »
    Thanks for posting Vihisha. This set of rules will be even more challenging than the first (which I expected). I'm thinking the best way to make sure my playable Sim doesn't start on the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration is to select another aspiration until the first-born child becomes a child. Would you agree?

I'm hoping that it was a gradual enough jump in difficulty as it's only the 2nd in a line of mini-challenges heh

If your would like 2 work on other aspirations while u r waiting..that would b perfectly fine. =)

The 1st step on the Outdoor Enthusiast is 2 harvest 10 unidentified plants & 2 catch 5 fish in Granite Falls....both of those milestones can only b completed in Granite Falls...which is off limits until your heir is @ least child stage anyhow. So there is no fear that your character will start working on that aspiration before they r allowed 2 do so. However...those who do not own Outdoor Retreat will just have 2 do a "scouts honor" that they will not start keeping track of their Sim completing the required actions 4 their milestones until their heir reaches @ least child stage as well.

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I actually meant the 4th thing, just copying it now "House 1 of The Drifter Challenge" probably should be house 2 as well, doesn't matter that you
    make mistakes, but I am confused by it a lot...
    I am totally looking forward to this, since I just decided to download Outdoor Retreat and this challenge will be my first time into Granite Falls, if I make it through house 1..
  • RavenInfinityRavenInfinity Posts: 1 New Member
    I think I'm going to have to skip all houses in Willow Creek, I am doing all my other challenges and households in that town :|
    I am totally looking forward to this, since I just decided to download Outdoor Retreat and this challenge will be my first time into Granite Falls, if I make it through house 1..

THX 4 the heads up tho...I fixed my mistakes ha ha...oops
    Very cool....if u don't make it through House 001 u can always still do the House 002 challenge....each house mini-challenge is set up that u COULD do them as a stand alone if u wanted 2...just 2 spice up your game =)

I think I'm going to have to skip all houses in Willow Creek, I am doing all my other challenges and households in that town :|

If u make a separate save file entirely 4 The Drifter Challenge or this specific house mini-challenge....it will not affect any of your game play in the other worlds. If u feel that you're having 2 much time in Willow Creek tho...I TOTALLY understand =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Thanks Vihisha for creating this challenge. I am having lots of fun with it... and it is keeping my mind off of the pain, as I just had some major oral surgery on Wednesday. I played all day long yesterday and today and actually finished drifter challenge house 002 today! ... ummm so how long will I have to wait for house 003? LOL

Here are some pics of house 002:
    04-04-15_9-05c2a0am.png?w=450&h=254
    04-04-15_9-04c2a0am-2.png?w=450&h=254
    edited April 2015
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Thanks Vihisha for creating this challenge. I am having lots of fun with it... and it is keeping my mind off of the pain, as I just had some major oral surgery on Wednesday. I played all day long yesterday and today and actually finished drifter challenge house 002 today! ... ummm so how long will I have to wait for house 003? LOL

U r soooo very welcome....I'm glad that it gave u something 2 help keep u busy & distracted. Feel better soon!! U played like a crazy person...I'm impressed!!

The Drifter Challenge house 003 is set 2 launch on May 7th....so I'm sry 2 say...u have a bit 2 wait ><
    Feel free 2 re-do House 001 & 002 as much as u like!? & THX soooo much 4 playing!

Is your house uploaded 2 the gallery?! If so...could u leave me a name/link....or list it w/the #DrifterChallenge tag & we can all find it easily =)
    U did a wonderful job...I love the layout & it's got great curb appeal!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Aww thanks Vihisha :) i'm glad you like and I think you found it. I used the #drifterchallenge when I uploaded.

I guess I'll have to wait for house 003 :# But don't worry about me, I have 6 game saves going, so I'll just busy myself with a few of them till May comes around and it's time for house 003 o:)
    Yes I did! =) I went ahead & checked on any new uploads so... Nice work!
    Well..I hope 2 c ya trying out House 003 then when May comes =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    okay I'm starting on the house 002 -- today ... so few questions ...

@Vihisha i have a few...
    i don't have outdoor retreat so do i follow the "milestones" i'll screenshot and put a check mark onto it :)
    what else ...

kane starts w 0 simoleans right and has to meet someone that "works" so i think i may try to hook him up w a maid if thats possible or how do i view that some one is working? please let me know asap :D
    also correct me -- when i was reading ... do i have to complete the milestone aspiration before kane's kid is a teenager or even before the child is born?

edited April 2015
    solarstorm wrote: »
    okay I'm starting on the house 002 -- today ... so few questions ...
    kane starts w 0 simoleans right and has to meet someone that "works" so i think i may try to hook him up w a maid if thats possible or how do i view that some one is working? please let me know asap :D

Start w/$0 simoleons...that is right. When u hover over another Sims' name...it will show what job title they hold...in pink...if they r Mail Carrier,Pizza Delivery, Maid, Gardener etc. (not sure if that applies 2 the other game jobs or the active jobs).

also correct me -- when i was reading ... do i have to complete the milestone aspiration before kane's kid is a teenager or even before the child is born?

U cannot begin working on those milestones until your heir is @ least child age....any time after they hit child stage u can work on it...The "aspiration" must b complete before heir reaches young adult stage. That will give u a total of 26 days in which 2 complete the milestones/aspiration if u begin when your heir turns child stage =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I can enter Sylvan Glade right from the start, or not?
    this is proving difficult.

kane met a gardener -- married her asked her to move in. my house is barely FURNISHED. i can't get promoted cause I'm always stressed. my means is gardening and fishing right now ... i have yet to go to granite falls.

aniyah just had another baby a girl ... named tammie.
    they can't stop having babies lol ...

the first born heir which is i forget but a boy ...
    and i don't want a boy for first born wahh lol i hope this son has a daughter in house 003 ... if not ... i don't like playing male sims ... bad luck for me i think. i get more stressed idk why ...

also ... when i do have the kids i still only control my heir? thats it well the *main heir of the house* which is kane ... so the kids are left alone right?
    oh yeah ... the gardener aniyah is not even working? but she was gardener at community lot when i met her ... is she supposed to be working? its hard building a house on one income ... >:o
    I can enter Sylvan Glade right from the start, or not?

Yes...Sylvan Glade is available 2 visit ANYTIME u like =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    when i do have the kids i still only control my heir? thats it well the *main heir of the house* which is kane ... so the kids are left alone right?

Your heir from House 001...which is now considered The Main Sim of house 002 is your only playable character the length of this house mini-challenge. So yes..Kane is your only playable character...his spouse & any kids just mill around of their own accord

the gardener aniyah is not even working? but she was gardener at community lot when i met her ... is she supposed to be working?

Aniyah sounds 2 b functioning as intended....they r "working Sims" that never actually work. That purpose of this part of the challenge was intended 2 narrow down your choices of a potential mate....not having an entire population 2 choose from. So..if u snagged a Gardener...u "captured" the right spouse =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Well, I actually already have nothing to choose at the moment, there are no young adult female sims in my unplayed families, only adult sims and that is a risk I am not going to take, bcos some one of them aged up right in front of my camera. Am I allowed to add some young adult females with randomized traits?
    Well, I actually already have nothing to choose at the moment, there are no young adult female sims in my unplayed families, only adult sims and that is a risk I am not going to take, bcos some one of them aged up right in front of my camera. Am I allowed to add some young adult females with randomized traits?

U may consider marrying & moving-in an adult working Sim (Mail Carrier, Maid, Pizza Delivery or Gardener) & producing an heir asap. TECHNICALLY their spouse is no longer a key player in the challenge once they helped produce your heir. U r not allowed 2 create any Sims...but if u would like 2 clear out some of the adults/elders u may do so through Managing Worlds screen. Furthermore...if u were 2 create a bunch of Young Adult females..it doesn't guarantee that ANY of said females will become the "working Sims" that u r after anyways.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Is it also possible to just talk to them and ask about career, or do I have to meet them while they do work? Bcos in my neighborhood the only working people I saw where elder men, the gardener for example.
    U will have 2 meet them while work or catch them as they walk by in their work uniforms. So if u c a "working Sim" walk by...take note of their name if nothing else...so if u c them again NOT in their uniform...u already know they count! Call a maid over 2 clean up or have a Pizza delivered...u could stand out by the mailbox on the day(s) u r expecting mail...that kind of thing. I have found that there is more than just 1 gardener that takes care of the same space...don't get discouraged...I bet there's someone out there 4 your Sim! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top