Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can a NPC ask you to marry them?

Will a townie, or a premade sim ever ask my sim to marry them if the relationship is high enough?

Comments

• DianaTheMadDianaTheMad Posts: 38 Member
    No, they don't ask you. You have to ask them.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    tecnically speak "they can" but they don't this is a autonomous disabled interaction, "npcs" in sims 4 are the worst and less "smart" the npc system is like any basic rpg game where you have a wandering guy which is just there for you dont feel alone, that is the function of sims 4 npcs, others things than that they are pretty useless when comes to autonomous.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I've never seen an NPC or townie autonomously ask a player generated Sim to marry them. Or on a date, for that matter. In Sims 4, I do see NPCs and townies flirt with my Sims autonomously, though.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    It would be awesome if they could though!!
  • Knb0727Knb0727 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you guys!! Ugh, wish they did more with NPCs.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I wish they were that smart....
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    The gurus stated that they made a conscious decision to not have NPCs initiate something that life changing without the player being directly involved. They are, I believe, working on story progression, though, so perhaps this will be something they add in as an option for those who want it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    The gurus stated that they made a conscious decision to not have NPCs initiate something that life changing without the player being directly involved. They are, I believe, working on story progression, though, so perhaps this will be something they add in as an option for those who want it.

gurus stated a lot of things regard autonomous which lead to the final thing of you really "control" and rule otherwise nothing gonna happen in game, because the ai is 80% passive and is only active to the basic needs.

the level of ai autonomous sims here could be really something like sims 1 or worsth(to be fair i dont know the level of ai in sims 1 but since being not the first game then basically i can say which could not be better than sims 4).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    You could use the cheat to take the sim you want to propose into CAS then close it out and you are in control of that sim.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    no only with the autonomous mod, but right now is kinda broken :/
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    It would be so much more convenient if they could propose to you instead.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • 32sheela32sheela Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2015
    > @jennihope said:
    > It would be so much more convenient if they could propose to you instead.

How would that be more convenient?
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    That would be pretty cool, I suppose you could always say no if you didn't want it. Things like that are what I find great about story progression. I'm all for SP, just not on played households.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• wkdclwnzzwkdclwnzz Posts: 20 Member
    Talk about autonomy, I was pleasantly surprised the other day when...my sim is in a relationship with a NPC. The NPC called my sim on the cell phone and asked her out on a date. The cell phone had a picture of him right above the cell phone on the status panel. It was cool, I had NEVER seen that before! They went to the park. You know how when your sim asks someone out on a date, you have the date timer and goals listed in the upper left hand corner? Well the only thing in the left hand corner was the little clock timer so if the date was going bad you could click on it and end the date (normal function). Has this ever happen to anyone else's sims?

So I'm still holding out in hopes that Maxis has heard our pleas and has decided to make the Propose interaction a surprise for ALL our sims!!
  • MinaMina Posts: 175 Member
    I'd really like that feature as long as it didn't present itself too early in a relationship. I don't like to rush marriage for my sims.
  • NinannaNinanna Posts: 16 Member
    Is it even possible for a sim you are not controlling to propose to your sim? Don't you have to be the one making the proposal?
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Knb0727 wrote: »
    Will a townie, or a premade sim ever ask my sim to marry them if the relationship is high enough?

Those interactions are in the game, but they are disabled.

This mod enables them :)

Autonomous Interactions
    http://modthesims.info/d/547028
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,228 Member
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    wkdclwnzz wrote: »
    Talk about autonomy, I was pleasantly surprised the other day when...my sim is in a relationship with a NPC. The NPC called my sim on the cell phone and asked her out on a date. The cell phone had a picture of him right above the cell phone on the status panel. It was cool, I had NEVER seen that before! They went to the park. You know how when your sim asks someone out on a date, you have the date timer and goals listed in the upper left hand corner? Well the only thing in the left hand corner was the little clock timer so if the date was going bad you could click on it and end the date (normal function). Has this ever happen to anyone else's sims?

So I'm still holding out in hopes that Maxis has heard our pleas and has decided to make the Propose interaction a surprise for ALL our sims!!

You have awakened a 2 month old thread that is long gone.
    Just saying this is an old thread. You should've started a new thread about this topic really.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    Don't mind me while I post on a dead thread too.

Yes I've had an NCP ask me out on a date.

But proposals unfortunately no.
    sims-baby.jpg
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    It would be great if they could propose or ask to be boy/girlfriend and it then pop up with yes or no.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    vivica86 wrote: »
    It would be great if they could propose or ask to be boy/girlfriend and it then pop up with yes or no.

Game needs something like this. It would also be good if your active sim had the opportunity to accept or block an incoming NPC flirt interaction.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I think MCC has an option that toggles it on since I had an autonomous marriage proposal once. Otherwise, without mods, it's no. I do think it'd be much more interactive if there was a popup.
  • ØscarţheblackłabØscarţheblackłab Posts: 1 New Member
    I met an NPC at the gym once and invited him to join the "powerhouse" club (in the get together expansion pack). He accepted and we became best friends, then love interests. He would constantly ask me on dates and invite me to hang out at places. On our 10th date or so, he asked me to be his girlfriend and there was a "decline" and "accept" button under the question that popped up on the screen. I didn't think much of it then, because I wasn't such an experienced sims- player at the time. After having played for a while now I know this was a very rare experience and I have never had it since. I asked some fellow sims- players and only one of them has had the same thing happen to them at a similar time when it happened to me. Although we were boyfriend and girlfriend and he kept asking me on dates, he never asked to propose or move in, so I popped the question and he said yes. I still don't know if it was a bug or something they added for a short time, but I would be happy if they added it into the game. I'm sorry for not really answering your question, but I wanted to know if anything similar has happened to anyone else?
  • MichelleMeMichelleMe Posts: 4 New Member
    I understand that this is a dead thread, but on a different sims 4 site, I did see a post about an NPC (Travis Scott, in this case) proposing to the played sim. Although, that was the first and last time that I had ever come across something like that. The person wasn't using any mods, either.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top