Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien abductions

I just got the Get to Work expansion today and i got nothing bad to say about it but one thing.
For the past week or so my sim has gotten abducted by aliens two times. He got pregnant both times. Basically if this goes on for a few weeks i will have a house full of those little lightbulbs. That's why i'd love to know if there is any way to either reduce or completely stop the aliens from coming and abducting you, or at least make it so that you can't get pregnant this way? And yes, i know you can just send them back home or whatever but what annoys me the most is the constant "Uncomfortable" emotion (I think it's that one, i play the Finnish version so not 100% sure) which makes working efficiently or anything else very hard.

Comments

• CaptainSauceCaptainSauce Posts: 73 Member
    I would be interested in knowing this too. Worst case scenarios you can just put the babies in a closed room and wait for them to be taken away.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    The satellite has this option to prevent abduction but you'll need to re-use it every single day which is kind of annoying.
  • DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    > @Valandis said:
    > The satellite has this option to prevent abduction but you'll need to re-use it every single day which is kind of annoying.

Ah that's neat, although it sounds a tad bit tedious for sure. I guess it's better than nothing ^^
  • greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    The satellite has this option to prevent abduction but you'll need to re-use it every single day which is kind of annoying.

Why in the world would you have to do it everyday? Why wouldn't this be like toggling it once like objects emotional aurora?

Also, what level scientist do you have to me to invent the dish?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    OMG this was one of my biggest beefs with Sims 3. Is it really so hard to add opt-out buttons?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    Hopefully they patch it so that the abduction chance is lowered. I don't have an adult male Sim so I am not having issues with the alien babies but I had a female Sim that was getting abducted almost every night interrupting her sleep.
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO @ObsidianMyst78 don't patch it out! I am still desperately waiting for one of my sims to get abducted and nothing has happened yet! I don't want the chance reduced even further!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO @ObsidianMyst78 don't patch it out! I am still desperately waiting for one of my sims to get abducted and nothing has happened yet! I don't want the chance reduced even further!

That is so odd how some of us have to much abductions happening and others aren't having the issues. In TS3 I was never abducted, no matter how high my logic was and how many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 space rocks I had on my lot!

View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    Kamio wrote: »

lol...today I finally got my random abduction. I had not planned on it. I was focusing on another sim when I heard the music...I blipped over to him just into time to see him sucked up.

He was astronaut, and had a couple of space rocks on him. I figured it was bound to happen, but I was still surprised when it did.
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    I just hope they patch it in so we can disable this crap, My male sim just got abducted and I am 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that why I am avoiding this science carrier since I don't want and aliens in my world but that doesn't seem like the case.
  • HermitsfoolHermitsfool Posts: 5 New Member
    yep, first time abduction was within first week. After having baby he got abducted again two days later and impregnated again. These aliens are seriously ruining my sims life.

I'd like to see the option to not have them if i choose.
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    yep, first time abduction was within first week. After having baby he got abducted again two days later and impregnated again. These aliens are seriously ruining my sims life.

I'd like to see the option to not have them if i choose.

Me too, I might not play the game till it is patched. Was having so much fun with my sim detective carrier and now prego by a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 alien

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    DockIee wrote: »
    I just got the Get to Work expansion today and i got nothing bad to say about it but one thing.
    For the past week or so my sim has gotten abducted by aliens two times. He got pregnant both times. Basically if this goes on for a few weeks i will have a house full of those little lightbulbs. That's why i'd love to know if there is any way to either reduce or completely stop the aliens from coming and abducting you, or at least make it so that you can't get pregnant this way? And yes, i know you can just send them back home or whatever but what annoys me the most is the constant "Uncomfortable" emotion (I think it's that one, i play the Finnish version so not 100% sure) which makes working efficiently or anything else very hard.

I'm waiting for an alien abduction to occur in my game. What's going on in your game to cause so many abductions?
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Valandis wrote: »

Why in the world would you have to do it everyday? Why wouldn't this be like toggling it once like objects emotional aurora?

Also, what level scientist do you have to me to invent the dish?

Because after 24 in-game hours it resets and you have to use it again. :sweat_smile:
  • DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > I'm waiting for an alien abduction to occur in my game. What's going on in your game to cause so many abductions?

I don't know but i don't like it. Just got pregnant for the 3rd time already. And i just realised that the abductions make moving up in the scientist career very hard since i can't drink any of the serums i mix which is part of the job quota because my sim is pregnant half the time he is at work... -.-
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    The aliens even abducted my alien sim. I thought, maybe they are taking him to dicuss what he has learned since beeing on earth, but he came back pregnant with twins. Why would they run tests on their own kind?
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    My sim got abducted and I never realised then he became pregnant and every so often his belly glows xD
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    I like that they get abducted ;-) My Scientist is now pregnant with number 2, and I will just click on the satellite when I dont want more ailien babys. Every time before he got pregnant he contacted ailiens with the satellite,and in a day or two he got abducted..;-)
  • EarythaEarytha Posts: 6 New Member
    If you don't want to keep the baby, you can send it to the homeworld where it will then be removed from your family tree.
    My current game has two aliens who are married, when they tried for a baby, they both got pregnant, this happened twice so they had four kids :P and then he got abducted and had another one which I sent away :D
  • TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    My sims still have yet to be abducted. I wish they would be, I'm purposely putting them in the Scientist career (especially the males I want there to be alien babies in my game!) leveling up on their logic, having them outside at night (what else should I be trying?) ... There are so many people that seem to have an over abundance of abductions while the rest of us have little to none.
  • parbopostcardsparbopostcards Posts: 78 Member
    Ok for me the abductions are a little too much and happen waaaay too often now! I have a scientist sim and he got abducted, he got a daughter (who I disguised) He got married and such and then he got abducted AGAIN and just gave birth to twins. He was sleeping and went to investigate a light and there he went again. Pretty soon I will have a house full of aliens. I do disguise mine since I am not a big fan of the alien thing.

Not to mention also.......his wife who is a cook also keeps getting abducted when she comes home early in the morning. I don't mind the abductions, but it's a little too much.
  • KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    I started playing on Thursday at get to work a female sim she was abducted 3 times in three hours all wile she was working on scientific job project the space ship to day I am using a male doing the painter job about 5 hour's played and he has not been abducted so to me on my game I don't have any prob's but I will get fed up if my male sim start's getting abducted like a lot of you Guy's and Girl's are saying
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    my male sim has been abducted 3 times and got pregnant each time, first time he got pregnant i thought he was just getting fat, too many donuts at work, he's a detective. until i went to have his wife talk to him and she could ask his due date, and feel baby! 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • hearmeoutxhearmeoutx Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    My female sim has been abducted 3 times, and she was not impregnated at all. I am beginning to wonder if females can even get pregnant by aliens. Someone said they could, but I really do not think that is the case.

My male sims has been abducted two times and he has given their family two alien babies now. This is the way that I wanted this particular household to play out.

I do wish they had made the chance of getting abducted a little lower, since I do not always want my sims to get pregnant. I am hoping when they eventually release a patch it addresses the high number of abductions. At least in previous games it didn't happen unless you were doing something specifically to get abducted like looking at the telescope.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Too bad I don't have any screen shot's, but my elderly sim has been abducted twice now and pregnant twice & I have never laughed so hard in a sims game...oh man poor guy...something about him that the female alien's cannot resist...I just don't know what it is, but it's cute I love the alien babies in the game they are so adorable...now we just need for them to be toddler's ;)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...