Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited April 2015
    Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    Well I just got the game yesterday and really haven't had much play time,but I do like that we have other places for our sims to go. That's a plus my sims actually got to go shopping which was cool.
    Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    1)initiator woohoo unsatisfied
    2) error code when trying to rotate a lot after trying to save as(picture provided below)
    3) Some of my Cc showing up as alien clothing (picture provided below)
    4) message popping up saying things have been removed
    In the picture below My sim is wearing a pair of Cc jeans but the picture shows them as Alien Clothing?
    Bad%20CC_zpshowxmr4y.png
    Error Code
    Error%20code_zps9sizm1db.jpeg
    These are very annoying bugs please look into fixing them A.SA.P . I know I'm not the only one this is happening to, I've seen many cases around the forums with people who are having the same issues.
    Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    I have great hopes for the sims 4 I see the game it could be. But I would suggest in the future that when you have an Ep with New Careers come out I would hope and say Please add them to the aspiration tree it adds more variety and realism into the game. I really thought with the first set of new careers Ea would add them to the Aspiration tree, But that chance was missed why? I think the Business Career would have fit in perfectly in the Fortune Aspiration Branch split in two branches, just like all other Careers. And the Athletic Career would have fit in perfect with the Athletic Branch again split into two career options. I just wish the new careers would have been aspirations and not just careers. Same applies with Gtw I don't just want those careers, I want my sims to aspire to become a Doctor or a Business Owner or A Hall of Famer.But sadly those chances were missed. I just hope Ea remembers to add new careers to the Aspirations Branches in future EP'S and Gps's. Same with Traits for our Sims. I can think of some many traits that would have fit in great with this new Ep, but again another missed opportunity. Heck I wouldn't mind if Ea recycled some from TS3 but to leave them out just makes the game feel stale. Do you know how many Bro's I have in my town, yet I don't have a single Workaholic ? Or how many Foodies but not a single Natural Cook? Do you know how many Athletic Sims I have in my town but Not one with a Photographer's Eye? These are things that enrich my game play and make my world feel alive. When things like this is left out you start to feel as though your sims are all the same and game plays goes stale. I know a lot of people hate the linear gameplay this game has started to become. but You Guys can change it by adding in the simple things like traits, adding new careers to the aspiration tree,bring back likes and dislikes, for example favorite food say your sims favorite food is pancakes they would get a whim to have some pancakes and when you fulfilled that whim your sim could get a + 2 yum my favorite food moodlet or say they really dislike fish tacos and mom happens to make fish tacos that night for dinner, moms call everyone to dinner and your sim eats said fish taco they would get a -2 blah I hate fish tacos moodlet. Another thing Please bring back the attraction system from ts2 with the turn on's and turn off's that would add more depth to our sims characters. I think what this game as a whole needs right now is depth of the sim and the world around them. I really don't mind the loading screens as long as the team tries to keep them practical. If having loading screens means bringing back things like open restaurants with a full staff of NPC, Cook,Servers and host then I don't mind them. Cast or the open world was never a deal breaker for me but Toddlers are. I hope to see them in the next coming months. Another suggestion or two Color the map this may attract more people to the game give it life I say!!! And when Ep's come out if you only have four lots to offer add them to our towns makes more sense. And gives people what they want a bigger town. Oh also if Ea decides to add a caw please make it more like TS2 than TS3 which was not user friendly.

Happy Simming Tori <3
    Post edited by SimplyTori on
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited April 2015
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    Please please please patch the bug that means all the text and information for the new features is not visible. My game is unplayable due to the fact I don't know what im clicking! So dissapointed

@beckyh101 Reinstall and the issue should be solved. If you have any mods, take them out before reinstalling and run the game at least once before putting them back.

• Options
    3) Some of my Cc showing up as alien clothing (picture provided below)

@SweetTartTori That is caused by CC gone bad after the last patch. Remove CC.

• Options
    leon0405leon0405 Posts: 1 New Member
    i bought the game on disk and i downloaded it but all of the text in the game is not displaying i.e when i click on an object or a sim, no options from the expansion pack come up!
  • Options
    leon0405 wrote: »
    i bought the game on disk and i downloaded it but all of the text in the game is not displaying i.e when i click on an object or a sim, no options from the expansion pack come up!

@leon0405 Reinstall and the issue should be solved. If you have any mods, take them out before reinstalling and run the game at least once before putting them back.
  • Options
    currehcurreh Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone built a jail at home yet? I have been trying to build one in my basement, but after I get the cell walls and doors put up, the doors don't work. They look and act just like the jail cell wall. Am I missing something here? It's pretty confusing and I am frustrated. Please help!
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.

I really enjoy the retail aspect of the game, it feels like TS2 OFB and the retail aspect of that expansion was awesome.
    [*] Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    It feels like while our Sims are at work that the day goes so fast and ends really soon. I liked that in Ambitions you could stay there as long as you wanted.
    [*] Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.

Happy Simming!
    In order for me to be able to set up a second home on top of the shop we need locking doors.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    O.K. I'm back. :) I really love this EP. Can you believe it? lol
    I have just found out we can live at our stores/shops so this was a big help earlier today. That is something I really appreciate you guys doing in this game. I know a lot of us wanted that ability back in the TS2 and I had to use mods. So, that's great. I also like the new careers and I am planning on trying the photographer out to see if I can run my own photo shop. There are a lot more freedoms in this EP, especially the open for business side of it. I just watched a rerun of the Twitch today and learned some things I didn't know about employees and shopping and switching between Sims etc. This has really changed my mind about the TS4 overall, and I really, really like you guys added the OFB side to this game. But I like the careers just as much and they are a lot of fun. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.

I really enjoy the retail aspect of the game, it feels like TS2 OFB and the retail aspect of that expansion was awesome.
    [*] Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    It feels like while our Sims are at work that the day goes so fast and ends really soon. I liked that in Ambitions you could stay there as long as you wanted.
    [*] Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.

Happy Simming!
    In order for me to be able to set up a second home on top of the shop we need locking doors.

I agree we need locking doors but for some reason if you put the stairs outside to the back or to the side the shoppers don't go upstairs into your home so that was great! I hope that doesn't change.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have just found out we can live at our stores/shops so this was a big help earlier today. That is something I really appreciate you guys doing in this game. I know a lot of us wanted that ability back in the TS2 and I had to use mods. So, that's great. I also like the new careers and I am planning on trying the photographer out to see if I can run my own photo shop. There are a lot more freedoms in this EP, especially the open for business side of it. I just watched a rerun of the Twitch today and learned some things I didn't know about employees and shopping and switching between Sims etc. This has really changed my mind about the TS4 overall, and I really, really like you guys added the OFB side to this game. But I like the careers just as much and they are a lot of fun. :p

Hi ya Cinebar sorry to ask but what Mod were you be referring to that allows our sims to live on a retail lot?

justlurking.gif
  • Options
    FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    Retail is really great. Made a wedding boutique and wedding cake bakery above it! So far, only a couple of bugs. My sim was taking the trash out and got stuck in the doorway for about a sim hour.

So far, that is the only aspect of the game I've been playing with. Also made a photo-studio/gallery for paintings and photos and it's been great. My employees seem to do fine if I tell them to do something especially if I am caring (If I ask how they are doing from time to time). One employee did not show up but it might have been a bug since I went into manage worlds, went into build mode for that retail lot and went back to the game. Everyone's "customer" tags seemed to have disappeared alongside my employee. Eh. He never came back anyway, even after reopening the store. Possible bug? Don't know.

Also, realised when playing that a bakery does not necessarily have to have a kitchen because when restocking, the sim doesn't need to remake the dish so essentially, that's a dodged bullet because I would have hated everyone going in my kitchen and eating for free.

Next I want to make a grocery store and book store;

Overall, after trying the retail aspect for about 12 hours straight, I am happy with it and really enjoy it.

In a patch, please include a locked door as I would like my family to live in their shop. Thank you.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I love your comments.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I've only had the game for a few hours, really enjoying it so far :)

I've only managed to play the doctors career, which I'm finding really fun, but definitely agree that there is not enough time in the day to treat people. Some of the tasks take so long to do, such as analysing samples or x raying a patient, that I neglect my other patients. Also, none of the other staff do anything to help me?!

I definitely think retail stores should operate like OFB in that customers line up at the cash register. Also, it's majorly important that we are able to lock doors in the near future, as customers are always entering rooms I don't want them to. TheSimSupply mentioned a good idea in one of his videos, to be able to select a whole room in build mode and choose who has permission to enter, seeing as the game now recognises rooms. This would save us having to go round locking each individual door.

Hope you take this into consideration :)
  • Options
    elfelf Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Lovely. But I STILL WANT MY OWN BED!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I started a new game using one Sim and I'm playing the Detective career. Wow! This is really fun! There's lots to do and I feel very immersed in the activities, like gathering and analyzing clues, taking mug shots, fingerprinting, and searching the suspects (that was funny!). I even like seeing the prisoners gripe and rattle the bars to their cell. :p The work day flew by and I didn't want it to quit. I like that the task box is there on the left with a timer, and I appreciated the reminder warning message that the work shift was almost over at the end of the day so I could finish up what I was doing. I was so absorbed in doing a good job! Hee hee! :)

I'm eager to try a bakery retail store and have already downloaded one from the Gallery, but I want to stick with the Detective career just a little longer, first. I haven't discovered any bugs so far. Just really enjoying everything.

This is a great first EP, Sims Team.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Im playing about 4 hours now... and im liking it very much.. but there's one thing that bothers me... the fact that i can only go to the hospital when i work... i would love to go there anytime... this kind of role play annoys me... i want free play.. so i can choose what to do and when i what to do it...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    The Good

- overall, LOVE this expansion
    - all 3 of the careers are great. I have fun with each...one sim in each for my main family.
    - the attention to small details with new interactions (ie my sim that's in the medical field making a surprised face when she's listening to a patient's heart and hears quaking).
    - also the new interactions between sims
    - the photography skill, including filters
    - all the great new possess for Take picture of and Take picture with
    - the paint from refrence addition
    - basements basements basements!
    - aliens. Oh and the option to have a human disguise. ..AWESOME!
    - The new hair styles / clothes in CAS
    - all the fun extra stuff that's in build mode (my secret sub level 2 science lab is well along in its constructions

The Not So Good

- The inability to block abductions. This is huge. There are times i want to play with this and times i don't. The satelite blocking is good, having to reset it every 24 hours makes no sense to me. Annoying.
    - door locks. A MUST.
    - unable to take a group shot with more than 2 people.
    - unable to paint from reference from a memory that's taken from a screen shot. I've got some really good screen shots that i want hanging on my wall
    - still no gardener? Do you know how long it takes to water all these plants? Yeesh.

Overall, def more pros than cons. Happy with the EP.

• Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's been said a thousand times already but the new neighborhood is way too small. Especially considering that fact that there is so mach extra space and it looks like you guys could've added a lot more lots but just...didn't. It's a same because MP is beautiful.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    KendrixHavlikKendrixHavlik Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been trying out the Doctor career, and enjoyed it so far. My sim quit his old job - that he'd already maxed - and he's an assistant nurse as of now.

- I like how there are "first day at job level" and "regular day" scenarion for everything, how the lot has most of what you need, lots of sciency machines (which I love), I've found it pretty fun to play, like, I've found myself sort of fast-playing the 'home' part of the day to get to the next work day. The problem that the TS3 careers had - that it might get monotonous - has not occured so far, it's varied enough to be fun withoutbeing annoying and the interaction, it's designed in a way that is fun to keep going and I like how it's completely optional, I had no problems with the family members at home as of yet.

There Is, however, a bit of an annoying bug - on levels 1 and two of the Doctor career, you get to refer the patients to some present Doctor if they're beyond your little nurse's expertise. So far so good, on level one, that worked.
    Now, when you get into the "regular day" of level two, you see the assistant, Doctor and nurse either trade places or, like, being replaced by the next shift, I suppose - nice detail - but unfortunately, it doesn't work for the Doctor. She just changes into regular clothes and leaves, making it impossible to get a high score sice you can't refer the patients to them/ finish treating them. You can still slowly boost jop performace with the first few patients that are always waiting for you at the start, but it takes longer than it would otherwise

I've also noticed that the Sims can actually make a queue for the fridge now instead of cancelling the action for everyone else. This delights me!
    However, it still leads to an error where two sims can seem to be standing inside each other, or inside the kitchen counters. It still mostly works and even if they stall, telling one of the sims to go somewhere else usually fixes it, so it's basically fine, but if the sims didn't start overlapping in front of the fridge, it would obviously be a bit better.

Can these s please be fixed? Thank you.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirl1818GiraffeGirl1818 Posts: 2 New Member
    - Really love being able to run my own bakery. Pretty much the only reason I bought the EP. But I'm also loving the detective career also. Haven't tried the other careers yet.

- When queuing up actions sand then speeding up time, sims just freeze. Time will pass and everything in the world will move. But sim won't start actions. Have to restart game.
    - Sims get low hunger, will try to make them eat but sim just keeps taking food out to table then complain they are hungry. Then repeat, over and over. Have to restart game.
    - Constantly freezing then I lose progress. Or freezes while saving -_-
    - Not sure what this was about but one day I showed up to work as a detective and all the other employees were dying. The grim reaper was just walking around taking everyone's souls and leaving urns...
  • Options
    GiraffeGirl1818GiraffeGirl1818 Posts: 2 New Member
    Well there was more to my comment but it didn't post it all even though I saved my draft before posting.... What the hell
  • Options
    XPRINCESSpopxXPRINCESSpopx Posts: 87 Member
    @SimGuruBChick

I love the jobs we have now. Where we can interact with our Sims in their workplace, and control what they are doing it's super fun. I've only try the retail, doctor, detective so far. I'm having a blast, it's really fun. I've been playing since it's been released in the uk My two sims getting really good at their careers and skills.

I've had issues with detective career, where I can't seem find the suspect. The other sims in world, say they haven't seen that sim before.. So it's kind of hard for me finish my task because, I can't seem find the criminal who's done it. I even got de-promoted because I couldn't find the suspect in time. So made me go back to career under detective career which is really upsetting because I've worked hard get to that point.

Also I noticed on retail side of the shopping, that when you hire employees they don't do their job properly. I hired a guy and women. The women sim was doing her job, but guy just kept standing around in same spot doing nothing. I did assign him his working tasks yet he still does nothing. So that kind of made me feel bit disappointed, I had to fire him and re-hire him for glitch to stop.

Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.

I would like if we had longer time in the workplace, because I feel like I'm rushing get everything done and trying do everything.
    I would like if the detective glitch would be resolved because I really want to be like some CSI person and catch the bad guys in the act.
    Also can we have locks on the retail doors again like in sims 2, and be able to pick if we want ring by sims tablet or cash register. Think that be pretty cool to.

Thank you for listening to our feedback Sims Guru's mean's a lot to us :smiley:

I can't wait see what you bring in future for future games's. :)
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have done all careers but Retail (too expensive with one sim at the beginning).

Detective career:

Like the outfits.

Dislike:
    Everyone chatting on every single computer, the tech girl is just a prop and does nothing for the career, the repeated tasks no matter your level (Book suspect, take mug shot of suspect, you see where I am going), the talk to chief is always insulting and to be honest since you are the only cop doing the job it is offensive and not funny.
    Broken items everywhere.
    The constant debuff from broken items and dealing with the 'same' four sims in the holding area (they never change) when doing booking.
    You can not rebuild the police station (or add things without it messing up 'all' computers it takes away get new case option).
    Doing the same thing even low level tasks at higher levels.
    The cops interrupting my job to gab. Seriously I am on limited time and don't care about the NPCs because they are useless and mostly chat online or browse the internet.
    Wrong tasks appearing all the time. Have a case, have tons of evidence and then pops up go to crime scene (did it once different crime scene). No case gotten and get a task to analysis evidence..seriously? Wash and repeat.. interferes with progress.
    Why is it the higher my sim is in logic the more she fails in analyzing things?

Suggestions:

Have other cops work out and clean up.
    Give the player the option to instantly click off person trying to gab.
    Fix the tasks so they make sense and doesn't punish the player.
    Locked doors and assigned desks would be great..
    Fix it where when you enable free build that the computer isn't broken and missing get new assignment/case.
    Change up the tasks. A high level should only process their cases.
    Detectives do 'not' patrol (father was in law enforcement and had many law enforcement friends. I grew up with this and know).
    Citations should not take hours to get.
    Make an NPC janitor for all careers (debuffs and fixing debuffs waste my sims valuable time).

Doctor:

I like a lot about the doctor career but only after level 4. The outfits are cute, the running of the different machines. Examining patients, curing them.

Dislike:

Once more the major debuffs from broken items (My sim didn't apply for a janitors job). Constant broken items and water everywhere all the time.
    Receptionist is just a prop and nothing more. Patients literally fill the register area.
    Once more the gabbing of NPCs. Constant and always interrupting my sim.
    My Sim is almost maxed in logic and still can't analyze a sickness.. Seriously?

Suggestions:

NPC janitor or make low level nurses do the cleaning and fixing (like my sim had too).
    Have the receptionist place patients in bed and when beds are fill they can wait until a new bed is opened (I mean it isn't like the receptionist has anything to do).
    Allow an instant stop gabbing when you click it (seriously it waste precious time of your sim).
    Fix the broken logic in careers, a high level logic doctor should not fail more than a beginner. And being able to find what is medically wrong should not take a lot of guess work at higher levels (Did do all the examinations and run the xray and running tests..oh and analyzed the swab and still nothing.

I am still investigating the science career, so far it is my favorite. But I have not reach high levels yet.
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2015
    There are some things I really enjoy and some that are driving me to distraction right now.
    The Good:
    Retail is a lot of fun
    I'm enjoying having control of my sim all day during active careers
    The way other sims shop is cute and works well

The Bad:
    One of my businesses just vanished, along with all the money I had invested in it (made a thread for it if you want details)
    My detective Sim has to use the computer at work all the time and I can't because they are always used by all the other sims. Honestly would it be too much to ask for more computers or fewer sims, or a slight change in the AI so they don't CONSTANTLY hog all the pcs?

That's about as much feedback as I have so far, I'll let you know if I notice more things. Have only really played detective and retail so far :) Still a good addition. With some bugfixes I think I'll really enjoy this one!

Edit: Oh and yes, locked doors are so so so important!! Please add them. Having customers run through my kitchen in the bakery or into the break room really kills the immersion for me!
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    So far I am really enjoying GTW. I like how much it adds and sadly I have only started the doctor. I am a level three.

The Good of GTW

CAS and Build/Buy mode's new stuff is amazing to me.
    The doctor is really fun and I love all the animations
    the baking and new photo options are really neat.
    I haven't done much in retail but so far so good.

The bad
    The day is too short with these new jobs. It makes it where im at the job, get home, care for sim, sleep. repeat. Just needs to be longer.
    The receptionist is completely and utterly pointless. The lobby fills up with sims and my beds are all empty (and all of them are made so that's not it)

Some conserves (some possibilities that could happen)
    Replay ability is a big one for me. Its fun now, but the second time? Not sure yet.
    Retail could become a pain as your store gets bigger.

I know I have just scratched the surface and I am having a lot of fun. overall I give the EP content a 7.5/10. I have a feeling that will get better when I do detective and scientist and explore retail some more. I found out juggling a active job and a store is darn near impossible.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top