Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail is really hard?

It takes much time to do anything. Takes much time to convince someone to buy anything, cheap or low. It seems the game only understands price as the markup, but not in numbers... Sims take much time to decide to buy cheap things, food. It takes much time to assign employees tasks. Enter in a bakery, in a store and but something is a quick process not a painful process in the real life.
Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!

Comments

• Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Well if you talk to them for a bit till the bar is like halfway, then walk off to do other things you'd have trouble cashing everyone because someone usually walks out for me. I had my sim paint a few pictures to sell them and they havent gone but one outfit that was randomly created is selling better than anything. Maybe it depends on the items?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    barraakeno wrote: »
    It takes much time to do anything. Takes much time to convince someone to buy anything, cheap or low. It seems the game only understands price as the markup, but not in numbers... Sims take much time to decide to buy cheap things, food. It takes much time to assign employees tasks. Enter in a bakery, in a store and but something is a quick process not a painful process in the real life.

For those who aren't all that interested leave them alone or group talk they will eventually become interested. You can sort of leave them alone or throw them out...but I wait on the ones who are more interested first. And it depends on you, too. Like in the old OFB your Sim had to learn how to sell or stock etc. This can all become easier if you buy the perk rewards when at your shop. You can get discounts for restocking, perks for being able to sell better (more skilled) and all kinds of perks like being able to ring out customers faster etc. It all matters.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • tilghmansim3tilghmansim3 Posts: 56 Member
    notice the blue bar above customers... the more you talk "retail" to them, the faster it increases, when full they buy... also sims like items that match their personalities... for example..art lovers buy more art, body builders buy more treadmills and so on. It goes a little better ringing them up if you que the next customer while doing current one, keep at it though, these guys will buy anything !!!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I don't have any employees in my game. I send my entire household....and they all ring up customers and sell. My markup is 100%, & business is booming. I was surprised that I'm selling so much at such a high markup, but I have tons of advertising, and build mode objects that increase customer traffic (signs, decals, etc.) & with three household members working, I'm building perk points, very fast. I got faster checkout, serious shopper, slick salesman, and faster restock so far. So far business is running very smoothly. I find hiring employees useless since they don't contribute to perk points.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    As you advance, you get perks that make it easier.
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    Go try to sleep or use the bathroom lol I usually get 3 to 5 people wanting me to ring them up as soon as I do. Also it gets easier when you use the perk points later.
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    I know how the system works... I just think that, sometimes, is too painful... It takes the same time to sell a §1000 painting and a §12 flower.

fB7mWIn.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

In the begining it's a little hard to get used to and you may lost a few simoleons (I only made profit on the third time I opened it lol #businessnoob ) BUT after you get used to it it's pretty cool and not that hard it's not easy but still :p

Also if you get some business rewards it get much easier.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    I know how the system works... I just think that, sometimes, is too painful... It takes the same time to sell a §1000 painting and a §12 flower.

Yes, but your Sim's mood also affects the sale. If you are confident you can get the option to 'close the deal' and this will fill the bar over your customer's head faster. If your Sim is really angry you can badger a Sim into buying. It's all due to moods which are still important in the game and some Sims aren't going to buy unless you talk to them and joke with them. That's on purpose just like in real life. That's why I wait on my customers and ring them up and if I have family members at home I bring them over and depending on their mood (confident, focused or whatever) I let them ring up people. Or we both do that. It's better if you do the sales and ring them up and let an employee restock and clean the building. And if you have prices too low you have too many Sims and it's overwhelming, if the prices are too high they aren't not going to buy and you have to work at it much harder. It's similar to the old OFB in many ways. Remember if you joked around with Sims and they were dancing or watching TV or whatever, your store got a star because they became loyal customers and would come back often to buy more. It's not much different really.

ETA: and if too many Sims at once remove the retail signs. That will cut down on how many come to your business, they actually work to get more Sims in the door.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

In the begining it's a little hard to get used to and you may lost a few simoleons (I only made profit on the third time I opened it lol #businessnoob ) BUT after you get used to it it's pretty cool and not that hard it's not easy but still :p

Also if you get some business rewards it get much easier.

I know, but... The game needs a display "autoEffcient" to sell things like flowers, fruits and cheap food easier.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, but your Sim's mood also affects the sale. If you are confident you can get the option to 'close the deal' and this will fill the bar over your customer's head faster. If your Sim is really angry you can badger a Sim into buying. It's all due to moods which are still important in the game and some Sims aren't going to buy unless you talk to them and joke with them. That's on purpose just like in real life. That's why I wait on my customers and ring them up and if I have family members at home I bring them over and depending on their mood (confident, focused or whatever) I let them ring up people. Or we both do that. It's better if you do the sales and ring them up and let an employee restock and clean the building. And if you have prices too low you have too many Sims and it's overwhelming, if the prices are too high they aren't not going to buy and you have to work at it much harder. It's similar to the old OFB in many ways. Remember if you joked around with Sims and they were dancing or watching TV or whatever, your store got a star because they became loyal customers and would come back often to buy more. It's not much different really.

Nop, it's too long to make small things. I can't make a store selling only small things.

fB7mWIn.gif