Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I Just Really Bad at This!?

So I just finished like a 5 or so hour GTW playing session in which I tried out all the new careers and such. But my question is this, when I was a detective at a crime scene and looking for clues I was really bad at it. I found a few straight away which was good and then another few sim hours pass and I find a few more and then I end up spending the entirety of my work day looking for the final 2 clues and I get nothing! I searched for clues all over the house but with no result. So am I just bad at the game lol? Is there an easier way to find clothes like do they spawn in a certain place or something or do I just need to keep looking?

Comments

• s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    You are clicking on the floor and then selecting "search for clues" right? There is a Dun nuh nuh (kind of ominous sound) that plays when there is a clue. Its also usually highlighted in yellow. My advice- take a picture and collect as evidence. You'll have to do the picture anyway- it might not be on the list when you find it, but as soon as you find it, it will be. Good luck :)
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    @s_stutler Yeah I am using the search for clues thing but there is just so much ground to cover in a house I end up wasting my entire day looking for them lol.
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    When you level up to career level three, searching for the clues is much easier, they'll already be there, and all you have to do is photograph and collect the evidence.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed that I don't need to find clues to get a suspect. Just collect evidence samples from the chalk markings on the ground, and take pictures, then when you get back to the station, you can analyze these pieces of evidence to find clues. I found this much easier than looking all around for clues at the crime scene, and I was able to fill the bar in the allotted time.

Edit: I should mention that I did this as a level 1 and level 2 detective. I haven't gotten past this as yet.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I was unsure on the crimes commited when I entered a house. But items that are all black have been stolen, because how else would we have known? And I've also seen one where they graffiti'd the house? Not sure what crime that was but I think it was in the training. What other crimes have you come across?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    Arson and murder. At least I think it was murder there was a white outline of a Sim's body like in old movies. lol

ETA: You can get fingerprints from the items that were stolen it gives a good clue when you analyze the fingerprint.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    So I just finished like a 5 or so hour GTW playing session in which I tried out all the new careers and such. But my question is this, when I was a detective at a crime scene and looking for clues I was really bad at it. I found a few straight away which was good and then another few sim hours pass and I find a few more and then I end up spending the entirety of my work day looking for the final 2 clues and I get nothing! I searched for clues all over the house but with no result. So am I just bad at the game lol? Is there an easier way to find clothes like do they spawn in a certain place or something or do I just need to keep looking?

I just started the detective career last night. I kind of felt the same way as you. But I started to follow the other detectives on the case. They kind of lead you to the right area.
  • SIMplicitySIMplicity Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm late in commenting, but here goes... you can pause the game while you look around clicking things to see if there's anything you can do with them. I'm also having trouble getting crime-scene photos. I got two out of three, and they were of the same thing. The game let me do it twice.