Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanishing Business?!

So I caved and got Get To Work after all. It's surprisingly fun and I had a family running a business which was amazing - until I tried to save and it wouldn't do it. Fine, I told myself, don't panic, I just went back to the home lot and saving worked. Phew! Well so I thought until I sent my sims back to their business and found it gone! Also all the money is gone with it and it asks me to put funds into my business fund?! What? I made about 40k Simoleons and pretty much had all my household funds invested into that business! Anyone else had that problem? It's not fun :(

Comments

• sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Were you getting a save error when you tried to save? I've been encountering this issue too, but it took quite awhile of playing for it to finally hit. If you can't save on your retail lot, then all of the progress you made there will revert when your sim goes back home like it never happened. :( It happens to me whenever I remove the "out of stock" signs.
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Yeah I did :( 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I removed all the out of stock signs because I was making all my products from scratch. That's such a shame! :(
    @makanivalur Yeah, it's disappointing and I can't seem to find a solution other than restocking those items instead. :(
    @makanivalur I've discovered that it isn't just removing the retail signs, it's removing specific signs. I went through each and every one of mine, saving after each, and found that I only had issue with 2. So maybe finding which ones are causing the problem, restocking and then deleting the item will solve the issue until it pops up again.
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Wow, thanks for the update. I didn't save in time so I'll have to start from scratch (so I'm slightly unwilling right now lol). Probably going to try all the active careers first and hope for a patch :/
    Aw, that really sucks. I'm sorry you lost so much work, but I hope you have fun with the careers. :)