Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL NOT WORKING. I AM SO MAD.

it is still grey in game details page saying "available on march 31." well, it is april 4. more than 24 hours after i tried to download it yesterday.. and it still isnt working. i hae done EVERYTHING. i have even uninstalled and reinstalled TS4 which took ALL night. I pre ordered it. never going to pre order from origin again. I am so mad that i still can play can anyone help me at all

Comments

• Kaylat1996Kaylat1996 Posts: 38 New Member
    april 1 lol ooops
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    Have you tried posting this in the technical support forum? There are some really knowledgeable posters there that can probably offer better troubleshooting help than I can.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    log out of origin and log back in just because you reinstalled doesn't necessarily mean it refreshed the games in the "My Games" section. also when you do load up the game and look at the new "packs" screen on the main screen does it say its owned? i know its silly but just check. also check your purchases this way when and if you do contact support you can give them all the possible info you can about the issue.

personally i prefer to call vs chat because i can get my point across vocally the chat agents NEVER understand me.
  • Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    Don't know if this will help or not , but when I couldn't get the game to work after the patch I used http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/ these instructions about deleting origin cache and my game worked perfectly after that. I had been unable to get my game and patch to finish installing before trying that. I was so frustrated. It's worth a shot anyway. Hope it works.
  • xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    The following files are most probably cache files that can be deleted safely and that will help with troubleshooting.
    •cache –> *.cache (all files ending in cache)
    •cachestr –> All content can be deleted
    •lotcachedData –> All content can be deleted

It helped get my game up and running.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

The following files are most probably cache files that can be deleted safely and that will help with troubleshooting.
    •cache –> *.cache (all files ending in cache)
    •cachestr –> All content can be deleted
    •lotcachedData –> All content can be deleted

It helped get my game up and running.

You can delete everything except Saves, Tray (=your Library), Mods (but useful to pull out if things aren't working), Custom Music, and Screenshots. You can also delete Scratch from inside Saves. The main gameplay cache is the file localthumbcache.package.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Nothing is working, im so close to just buying it again lmao
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Didn't anyone read the 2nd post? B)
    I have done the chat... wasnt too helpful. next im going to call, after that im ordering it again and it will be the last game i byu from origin.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Check your settings in application settings and under your profile to make sure you're on the correct country before you buy it again.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I think the second post wasn't saying it's an April fools joke, the OP put April 4th in the first post by mistake.
  • FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    Don't buy it again, just solve the problem...? It's their problem that the game is real buggy, not yours. They should fix it. If not, get a refund..and maybe buy it again with the same money :D
    gcfhaNi.png
    I'm still on the same boat as you, I've done everything that I told and no luck, and I didn't even buy my from Origin. I'm so mad I can't play get to work. Why couldn't EA just leave things the way they were instead of trying to stay organized.
  • trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but what I had to do when the game released was a bit convoluted:

1. Open Origin
    2. Click your account name in the upper right corner
    3. Scroll down that page to the section titled "My Games"
    4. Click on Sims 4
    5. Scroll down that page to Expansion Packs
    6. Mouse over "Get to Work" and click Download in the box that appears when you mouse over it.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    People read the second post made by the OP! It's an April Fool's joke!
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    If you read the first post, she said "it is april 4". I assume her second post is correcting that. But this isn't the first time this conversation has taken place in this thread.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i would so think its a joke if it wasnt for the fact that she kept posting issues. so @Kaylat1996 can you please clarify
    Its not a joke lmao....
    I just havent looked at this since all these posts were done lol. ill try all the things you guys just said . we shall see... :P
    *** update .
    ok so in my order history it says my payment failed? yet in the "mypacks section" in the actual ts4 game it says i own it... ill have to maybe put a bit of money into my credit card tomorrow and see if it processes after that. even though there should not have abeen a problem. hmmmm
    It's super weird how it works on my laptop, but doesn't want to work on my desktop. It's probably my computer. I'll might to to reboot everything
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    in my order history it says my payment failed
    I'm surprised EA hadn't already spotted that option previously.

The only other problem I could foresee is if you tried to purchase via a proxy - ie, you tried to route into Origin via a proxy/IP of another country to try and 'force-buy'.
    well... i am getting a refund from origin, and i went to the mall and bought the physical copy from EB GAMES. sooooo problem solved... as long as i get the refund!!!