Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

****UPDATED**** Sims 4 Season expansion pack HAS to have Disasters!!

DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So everyone was yelling about seasons being the second expansion pack and i agree. BUT i'm tired of the same: Summer,Winter,Fall and spring aspect. I want something more, that would be, NATURAL DISASTERS.

Tornadoes at Spring!
Earthquakes at Summer!
Flood at Fall!
Blizzard at Winter!

So much ideas!

I know all this is very hard and require A LOT of coding. But it will be so worth it!...Share you're ideas and tell me what you think.

EDIT: Since some people don't want disasters that would be cool to be able to turn them off.

EDIT: Okay so here's what disasters would do, but firstly let's start by saying that they will not have a big impact on you're house or you're family, but they will mess with you're game a little bit.

Let's start with tornadoes: Tornadoes will occur at spring time, firstly you will see a warning sign that tornadoe is occuring at certain time and at certain day so you better take a shelter (New tornadoe shelter would be included) Firstly it will start raining then it get dark and then at BACKROUND
you will see a big twister.

And here's the impact on you're GamePlay:

- You will lose electricity and water. (Works the same as you wouldn't pay bills)
-It will give you're sims some scared moodlets.
-You will have some dirt piles around you're house. (Same as when earthquakes occurred in the sims 3 ambitions)
-And if you will not take the shelter you have a small chance of one of you're sims dying from the twister. (The death is gonna be very rare)

Now earthquakes at summer:

-You're screen will be moving
-You're sims will get some scared moodlets
-And you will have some dirt piles around you're house. (Same as when earthquakes occurred in the sims 3 ambitions)
(There is no gonna be death by earthquake)

Flood at Fall:

-Half of you're house is gonna be in water and you're sims will be able to swim in it. (The water will disappear after the time)
NOTE: The flood will not change you're house and will not do any damage.
-From swimming in the flood you're sim may get a playful moodlet, maybe ''Danger is fun''?

Blizzard At winter:

-You will lose water (Because it's so cold and water will freeze)
-ALL of you're sims will get ''Cold'' moodlet
-If you're sim will be in light clothes for example swimwear, and will go outside they will get ''Very Cold'' Moodlet and if they will continiue walking while in ''Very cold'' moodlet, they have a chance of dying from cold.
-Warming you're self near a fireplace will remove ''Cold'' moodlet

And when any of these disasters will occur, you're sims job will be canceled for that day. (Same with children)

So what you guys think now? Do you agree? Share you're ideas.
Post edited by Dilaxer on

Comments

• AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Sooner aliens will attack earth
  • StymieStymie Posts: 169 Member
    I vaguely remember reading something from an article that they thought of adding tornado or flood disaster around the time of Sims 3 Seasons but they scratched it. I think because they thought that It may offend some players that experience those disaster in real life. I couldn't remember when I read that article or if I read a comment about it...
    Intel Core i7 4790k| 8GB Ram | MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Mobo | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse|
    Steam Profile (Feel free to add me but leave a comment first)
    13VpVgn.jpg
    Origin: StymieG
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    I don't want it. It will soon be boring and bothersome have your home ravaged every season.
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited March 2015
    No thanks given that I live in Tornado Alley I hear plenty about tornadoes already. I don't particularly want them in the sims. I didn't mind disasters in Sim City games but that was less personal you were just building the city and not really involved in the lives of the citizens.

Also given how it rained like every day in seasons in TS3 I wouldn't be surprised if disasters ending up occurring with rather annoying frequency.

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just want easy access, and full control.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    If they add desasters I hope they make them optional (with a checkbox in the options menu to switch them on/off)
  • bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    I think it could make for interesting gameplay, so long as we're given the option to turn them off.
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
  • JuicySharpieJuicySharpie Posts: 52 Member
    I'd rather have my supernaturals as the next expansion pack (:
  • AnnarubananaAnnarubanana Posts: 48 Member
    If you could turn the option off it wouldn't be too bad and determine how frequent it would happen it wouldn't be too bad! Just might be a bit of a delicate subject on some places.
  • RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member
    No thanks given that I live in Tornado Alley I hear plenty about tornadoes already. I don't particularly want them in the sims. I didn't mind disasters in Sim City games but that was less personal you were just building the city and not really involved in the lives of the citizens.

Also given how it rained like every day in seasons in TS3 I wouldn't be surprised if disasters ending up occurring with rather annoying frequency.

I hate that too. I mean, weather was cool at the beginning, but soon I turned it off because of that fact.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Dilaxer wrote: »
    So everyone was yelling about seasons being the second expansion pack and i agree. BUT i'm tired of the same: Summer,Winter,Fall and spring aspect. I want something more, that would be, NATURAL DISASTERS.

Tornadoes at Spring!
    Earthquakes at Summer!
    Flood at Fall!
    Blizzard at Winter!

So much ideas!

I know all this is very hard and require A LOT of coding. But it will be so worth it!...Share you're ideas and tell me what you think.

EDIT: Since some people don't want disasters that would be cool to be able to turn them off.

No disasters for me too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    For severity of storm sake I'd have to pass on "tornadoes" and "earthquakes" just for the fact that if I put a lot of time and effort in my Sim family and a disaster snuck up on them- losing everything I spent hours working on would just be for nothing. Maybe thunderstorms for ambiance with rolling thunder and animated back drops of lightning flashing. And where I live even though it's a southern state we don't get rain in the fall. It usually starts snowing mid October lol. We normally get flooding bad in the spring to early summer.

I once thought about natural disasters and thought it would be awesome and add a lot of rich gameplay, but than I thought- oh, how much of headache it would be to have my household killed off and/or their home destroyed due to annoying weather. If they did add those types of disasters into an expansion pack than definitely need a option to turn them off. I normally always turn seasons off anyway.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited March 2015
    yes to season but no thank you to disaters in the game and i live in an area where there are snow storm so i no went to see snow storms in my game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    For severity of storm sake I'd have to pass on "tornadoes" and "earthquakes" just for the fact that if I put a lot of time and effort in my Sim family and a disaster snuck up on them- losing everything I spent hours working on would just be for nothing. Maybe thunderstorms for ambiance with rolling thunder and animated back drops of lightning flashing. And where I live even though it's a southern state we don't get rain in the fall. It usually starts snowing mid October lol. We normally get flooding bad in the spring to early summer.

I once thought about natural disasters and thought it would be awesome and add a lot of rich gameplay, but than I thought- oh, how much of headache it would be to have my household killed off and/or their home destroyed due to annoying weather. If they did add those types of disasters into an expansion pack than definitely need a option to turn them off. I normally always turn seasons off anyway.

Yes.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member

Yes.

Exactly. I love Seasons, but having the concept of a random weather disaster occur and destroy everything you've worked hard on would be a major pain....in the foot :D
  • ShadoShyrkeShadoShyrke Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    If they did something like this, they should do the following:

Make a gradient setting for allowing a certain % chance of them (25/50/70/100) but have it be random disaster events based on time of year.
    - Flooding in rainy seasons (fall, winter, spring)
    - tornado/hurricane affects in Spring/Fall
    - Earthquake with a chance of some minor damage to the home or just spooking (emotional triggers) Sims for a period of time

Disasters should not necessarily damage your house or specific area, but could have other affects on power or travel too and from work:
    - Massive flooding or snow in nearby area causes you to be hour later too and from work, reducing $$ per day
    - Schools and Businesses closed due to inclement weather - You got a free SNOW DAY!!
    - Power outage due to tornado hitting the local power station for [random amount of hours]

Either way, if they did this, they should have a disable/enable toggle, just as they do in the SimCity games and just like Aging in the Sims titles.

Knowing the Sims team, they could handle it with humor and finesse, just like the Zombie-pocalypse and garbage monster disasters that happens in SimCity.

• SABRINALHS8SABRINALHS8 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    > @ShadoShyrke said:
    > If they did something like this, they should do the following:
    >
    > Make a gradient setting for allowing a certain % chance of them (25/50/70/100) but have it be random disaster events based on time of year.
    > - Flooding in rainy seasons (fall, winter, spring)
    > - tornado/hurricane affects in Spring/Fall
    > - Earthquake with a chance of some minor damage to the home or just spooking (emotional triggers) Sims for a period of time
    >
    > Disasters should not necessarily damage your house or specific area, but could have other affects on power or travel too and from work:
    > - Massive flooding or snow in nearby area causes you to be hour later too and from work, reducing $$ per day
    > - Schools and Businesses closed due to inclement weather - You got a free SNOW DAY!!
    > - Power outage due to tornado hitting the local power station for [random amount of hours]
    >
    > Either way, if they did this, they should have a disable/enable toggle, just as they do in the SimCity games and just like Aging in the Sims titles.
    >
    > Knowing the Sims team, they could handle it with humor and finesse, just like the Zombie-pocalypse and garbage monster disasters that happens in SimCity.

This exactly, I would like to control the chances of it happening, and I would like to see power outages for a couple hours and snow days. Maybe a down tree that you have to chop up or something like that. Maybe it you loose a panel of siding or have to redo your roof. I dont want to loose my sims homes but slight damage could be fun.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Yes please
    Aussie_Simmer
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    The only one I can see them doing is earthquakes since those were in TS3 Ambitions.
  • ArcadiaArcadia Posts: 21 Member
    I wouldnt mind disasters so long as they were pretty infrequent just to liven up a game- say one per lifetime of a sim max. I loved ts3 seasons but after a while it did always seem to be raining which was a bit irritating
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I remember accidentally summoning a meteor shower into my Sims' house on the PS3 version of The Sims 3... my Sims just aged together and got married, the party was on fire, literally, everyone was dancing like maniacs trying to escape a burning house :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • worldofloolooworldoflooloo Posts: 137 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I just want easy access, and full control.

I'm with you, I also want to be able to customize items and clothes to any colors I want again!!
  • SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    I love the ideas of Disasters, however i think it would be better if they were a "distant" thing. For example, in the spring time there is a tornado warning in Willow Creek, it starts hailing, then raining and the wind picks up, branches fall, lightning strikes, power goes out, and in the distance where the backdrop is you see a simulated tornado away from the town, so you dont have to worry about your house getting destroyed but you get the simulation of a tornado in the distance.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Disasters/Seasons were both mentioned in the survey that was sent out last year.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    SZ5061 wrote: »
    I love the ideas of Disasters, however i think it would be better if they were a "distant" thing. For example, in the spring time there is a tornado warning in Willow Creek, it starts hailing, then raining and the wind picks up, branches fall, lightning strikes, power goes out, and in the distance where the backdrop is you see a simulated tornado away from the town, so you dont have to worry about your house getting destroyed but you get the simulation of a tornado in the distance.

I like that it makes it less Stressful on the players Operating system.