Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I already bought some basics now, a toilet,a washing table, a shower, a radio and a bed. She is eating vegetables, so ain't spending money on buying food. I changed her aspiration to the one with plants. I'm now saving money to buy a 5*5 walls for a small house.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I already bought some basics now, a toilet,a washing table, a shower, a radio and a bed. She is eating vegetables, so ain't spending money on buying food. I changed her aspiration to the one with plants. I'm now saving money to buy a 5*5 walls for a small house.

Sounds like you're movin' right along! =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Yippee! Jaylene finally made enough money to buy a small house, she now lives indoors a 5 by 5 house with dark green wall painting and even windows! So glad she finally got herself a home without living outdoors.
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Yippee! Jaylene finally made enough money to buy a small house, she now lives indoors a 5 by 5 house with dark green wall painting and even windows! So glad she finally got herself a home without living outdoors.

Yeay!! It's always nice when the house starts coming together =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    So there is no rule stating that you cannot change your aspiration. I assumed it was safe to do so when I was no longer able to do anything for my aspiration. Was that okay?
    naniminna wrote: »
    So there is no rule stating that you cannot change your aspiration. I assumed it was safe to do so when I was no longer able to do anything for my aspiration. Was that okay?

That is correct...change all u want...complete aspirations...or not....totally your choice of game play on that =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I'm so sad... I'm almost to the end of this mini challenge. =(
    I'll be done with it next week. =(

That's bittersweet...I'm glad 2 know that you're sad that this part of the challenge is coming 2 a close 4 u...that means it's been fun! Have no fear...The Drifter Challenge House 002 mini-challenge will b released April 2nd!! Sounds like it will b JUST in time!! THX 4 playing =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Looking forward to it! Super excited to see what you have in store for us! ^^
    More fun is just around the corner!
    79730l4d8pj2fyu.gif
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @EuphorialQueen u crack me up! :p
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    I've completed this installment of the challenge and I've uploaded the lot and household to the gallery using the #DrifterChallenge hashtag. The ending depreciated value of the lot was $39,668. My young adult heir did not level her skills as much as I would have liked, but hopefully she'll be up to the challenge of House 002! I gave her the creative trait, but I didn't know how to get her to use any the of creative skill items without actually controlling her. Probably not a good choice in hindsight!

The family seems to have lost all their acquaintances (only family shows up in the relationship tab) - I don't know if this is a result of the new patch that just came out today or something else. It didn't make for a very good young adult birthday party.

Really looking forward to the next installment.
    Wonderful!!! Congratulations on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001 =)=)=)
    Sounds like u did great!!
    I'm thinking that the relationship loss just might have been due 2 the latest patch...I know it did fiddle w/relationships & making friends @ school/work that kind of thing....sry their birthday party was not as awesome as it could have been. Happy birthday heir anyhow!! hee hee
    6 days & counting until the launch of The Drifter Challenge House 002....I hope u enjoy the next installment!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Since I am finally able to post some pictures, here's my 5000 simoleons house and Jaylene and her boyfriend Travis who was totally sad when he came to us. As you can see I got quite the fancy bathroom now and some fancy wall paper.

Jaylene sitting on my small chair and table part of the house.
    1-4-15_17-12_zpscy4bxidd.png

Jaylene comforts her boyfriend Travis, as you can see I got a radio and some frogs and a bed in the background and something she got as promotion thingy, not fancy at all yet.
    1-4-15_17-13_zpsfe0zgc8k.png

My fancy little bathroom
    1-4-15_17-22_zpsl0n47f48.png
  • Tiger_Lover_78Tiger_Lover_78 Posts: 163 Member
    My house is all ready and up to I believe around 35,000 or so, so just waiting on my child to reach young adult and waiting on House 002 :) so can't wait to start the next part, just wish she'd age up by tomorrow when you post the rules. LOL I don't think that's gonna happen though but at least I will know where to go when she finally does age up. Again this is an awesome challenge as I have told you before. :)
    SD2011-ANGELINDISGUISE-F1-SHERA5-1.jpg
    @Fennadev Jaylene looks so cute...I hope she's able 2 cheer up Travis =)
    The house is coming along nicely...u seem 2 b doing well! I like how u did the bathroom. I can't wait 2 c the house after more progress, & I hope you're still enjoying The Drifter Challenge!

@Tiger_Lover_78 VERY NICE job! Gotta' love playing the waiting game lol
    THX so much 4 following along w/my Let's Play series on YouTube & 4 supporting The Drifter Challenge =)
    I appreciate the tips/tricks that you've shared w/us as well....I'm so glad u think it's awesome!! (I do 2 hee hee)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    This challenge sounds really great, I can't wait to try it out.
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    When is house 2 released again? On the 3rd or 4th I think it was you said? Which makes sense since the expansion just got released and people are going crazy over it right now.
    This challenge sounds really great, I can't wait to try it out.
    Awesome!! =) You'll have 2 let me know how it goes -k-

naniminna wrote: »
    When is house 2 released again? On the 3rd or 4th I think it was you said? Which makes sense since the expansion just got released and people are going crazy over it right now.
    Launching House 002 tomorrow (April 2nd) ^-^

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Question. I know I cannot control the spouse that moves in and get them a job. But what if they already have a job when they move in? Do you make them quit? Or just leave it be?
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    I made mine quit, and told it in the other topic about the drifter challenge and it was fine, since he isn't allowed to bring in money.
    This is my house now, upstairs has already changed btw, but I am going to show the progress anyway.
    downstairs with pregnant Jaylene
    HaLagSv.png
    upstairs without baby Jayden and sleeping Travis since Jaylene is on the sleep potion so she can work 24/7 on her painting and gardening
    7qnqI7h.png
    Little baby corner
    HjgViUX.png

As I said upstairs is already different now, so, I will be showing that later to you guys. Jaylene also quit her job, since I felt like she would bring in more money staying at home.
    Question. I know I cannot control the spouse that moves in and get them a job. But what if they already have a job when they move in? Do you make them quit? Or just leave it be?

The new Get To Work expansion added the "townies" being able 2 already b employed in jobs (sometimes)
    It's completely your choice in whether u want 2 allow your Moved-In non-playable character(s) 2 keep the job they already have or make them quit...either option is acceptable

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Fennadev I really like how you've set up the house since last update =) Cute dining nook! & oooh you've got an upstairs now & everything!
    Hope u r having fun & making a bit of money painting & gardening w/Jaylene =)
    Can't wait 2 c more pictures in your next update!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Here's more photos, my kids bedroom is so awkwardly shaped, ugh.
    Jaylene just on her way to age Jayden up.
    NRsHgxN.png
    Downstairs I added a sofa and a bookshelve, big improvements kk, I also upgraded my dining room slightly.
    5rxrerD.png
    This is my current upstairs and it will probably stay this way, but that bedroom is so very awkwardly shaped that I might just try to make the right edge straight from the far end wall.
    ImVjSus.png

I almost forgot, but here's little Jayden now:
    AvoaatV.png

btw the house it's current value is 18.000

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top