Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 3 IS LAGGING?!

I bought Sims 3 a few weeks ago on Steam. It worked fine, then a few days later, I bought Sims 4 from the game store. Sims 4 runs fine, but I tried to go onto Sims 3 and its lagging. It worked fine before, but I don't know whats wrong now. Thanks

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Steam and origin work differently so you would need to deal with steam unless you transfer your game to origin. We can check your computer specs to see if your computer will run the game

can you post your computer specs please

windows key + R Key, in the run box type DxDiag, hit ok let it load and save a copy to desk top. Copy and past the report here. You will have to post the report in sections in several posts. You wont be able to post it all in one post. Thanks
  • Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    Steam and origin work differently so you would need to deal with steam unless you transfer your game to origin. We can check your computer specs to see if your computer will run the game

windows key + R Key, in the run box type DxDiag, hit ok let it load and save a copy to desk top. Copy and past the report here. You will have to post the report in sections in several posts. You wont be able to post it all in one post. Thanks

Ok, Ill post it. My specs are horrible but before, I was able to fun TS3 fine, and still can. But now, it is kind of laggy now

edited March 2015

System Information
    Time of this report: 3/31/2015, 19:45:30
    Machine name: ALEXPC
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r7.150109-2022)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP 255 G1 Notebook PC
    BIOS: F.37
    Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3546MB RAM
    Page File: 2336MB used, 4793MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Alex210 wrote: »

Ok, Ill post it. My specs are horrible but before, I was able to fun TS3 fine, and still can. But now, it is kind of laggy now

If you dont have the specs to play the game to begin with the larger the save the more laggy the game. Im surprised your laptop will even play it. your processor is way below requirements and you have an integrated chip for graphics. What eps are your playing or is this just the base game?

edited April 2015

If you dont have the specs to play the game to begin with the larger the save the more laggy the game. Im surprised your laptop will even play it. your processor is way below requirements and you have an integrated chip for graphics. What eps are your playing or is this just the base game?

I know, that's what's weird. I ran the game perfectly fine before even though my laptop is horrible, with rare to no lag
    edited April 2015

I know, that's what's weird. I ran the game perfectly fine before even though my laptop is horrible, with rare to no lag

This game does have the potential to ruin a computer especially if the computer is not designed to play it. The game may have worked for a while but it doesn't any more. This can happen. I dont know how big your saves are but that could cause lag. If your playing things like pets, seasons, Island Paradise and into the future I would not advise putting those on your laptop. Make sure your settings on on low and have a laptop cooler
    @phoebebebe13 ok thanks for your help :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    hey @Alex210 note hardware cant be fully read/reviewed since you didnt post the full report.

here are things that may help since you only ran into lag and i dont know the full list:
    see lag suggestions here http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

and see this if you probably only have onboard chip for a card http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Onboard_Graphics

good luck
    @phoebebebe13 By the way, how do you transfer Steam games to Origin anyways?
    @phoebebebe13 By the way, how do you transfer Steam games to Origin anyways?

I believe you have to contact origin/EA .Im not sure if they need to give you a new version of the game and you have to remove the steam version off your computer or you can use the code form steam to register the game to origin? I dont have a steam account so not sure how origin handles this.

http://help.ea.com/en/