Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writing Books: Authors Copy

Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
For strange reason in Sims 4 publishing a book runs contrary to reality:
After writing a book you have a bound copy of the book in your pcket. When you want to publish the book (no matter whether you self publish it or do it via a publishing company) you have to send the bound copy of the book (in your inventory) away via mail.
That means, after publishing you haven´t a copy of your written book/s in your inventory anymopre (and can´t even rebuy it, as your own books don´t appear in the purchase menu of your bookshelf).

Sims 3 had it right:
You wrote and published a book and then got sent an authors copy via mail

My suggestion therefore:
A day after publishing a book, you should find an authors copy of the book in your mailbox.
Also it would be nice if the pool of available books for sale in a world/save would be dynamic and would include books written by played Sims of this world/save

Comments

• Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    They should appear in the library as well.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I totally agree. The auhor aspiration is my favourite... and its not a quick task to get them to write a book on top of looking after a family and working a full time job, at tje end of writing it im reluctant to have my sim publish thier book because they dont get a copy back.

And i like the idea that after my sim dies my future sims eiher in family or that comunity can read her creations.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I would really like this too.

I think instead of a bound book, a manuscript should appear in the sims inventory once they've completed writing something, then once it's published it should come back in the mail as a bound book. And seeing that it is actually published, other sims should be able to purchase their book too.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Guess what?! I play rotationally. One of my Sims, Marielle, just picked a book to read off the shelf. It was a Sci-Fi called "Notable Blobs" and it was written by my writer Sim, Marcus Ridley, who lives in another of my households. He sent it off to be published a long time ago. It was not listed in purchasable books, but somehow she had a copy in her bookshelf!! Now I will have to check my other families to see if they have any of Marcus' books. He is my only writer Sim in town.
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Guess what?! I play rotationally. One of my Sims, Marielle, just picked a book to read off the shelf. It was a Sci-Fi called "Notable Blobs" and it was written by my writer Sim, Marcus Ridley, who lives in another of my households. He sent it off to be published a long time ago. It was not listed in purchasable books, but somehow she had a copy in her bookshelf!! Now I will have to check my other families to see if they have any of Marcus' books. He is my only writer Sim in town.

Thank you for this! So interesting!
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Im gna hqve to check this out! Thanks Pamhamlet
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I know you guys, I was so surprised and happy about this! <3
  • Options
    FeaMithFeaMith Posts: 5 New Member
    *bump*

It would be really great to have this in ts4 - ability to buy books from our other sims within the same safe file, just as being able to purchase and read even after publishing. Ive tried to run around libraries/different household, and sadly didnt encountered what Pamhamlet did. :(
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Proteus42 wrote: »
    For strange reason in Sims 4 publishing a book runs contrary to reality:
    After writing a book you have a bound copy of the book in your pcket. When you want to publish the book (no matter whether you self publish it or do it via a publishing company) you have to send the bound copy of the book (in your inventory) away via mail.
    That means, after publishing you haven´t a copy of your written book/s in your inventory anymopre (and can´t even rebuy it, as your own books don´t appear in the purchase menu of your bookshelf).

Sims 3 had it right:
    You wrote and published a book and then got sent an authors copy via mail

My suggestion therefore:
    A day after publishing a book, you should find an authors copy of the book in your mailbox.
    Also it would be nice if the pool of available books for sale in a world/save would be dynamic and would include books written by played Sims of this world/save

I believe that the reason they got rid of this feature for TS4 is because if you played on a long life-span the game became a bogged down nightmare trying to process all of that information per household. They wanted to avoid that this time around, so they didn't include it. That's only my guess, however. I played authors a lot in TS3 and they all ran into that problem. However, I would love to be able to have an author's copy of my book. You can, if you remove the book your sim just wrote from their inventory, create a copy of the book for a price, and then move the original back into your inventory and publish it.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.