Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

first impressions thread.

AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
This is a thread for people who have GTW to place reviews and thoughts about the experience. I don't have it yet, but will post when I do.

eqnxTFN.jpg
I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
Post edited by AceofSpades2231 on

Comments

• qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    edited March 2015
    There's so much to do!
    Okay, okay... Photography is awesome. You can take as many photos as you want and scan around without losing your shot. Photos can be copied and made into memories and you can add filters even if you already took the photo. And the selfies are so cute.
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Just finished creating a new sim, love the new hairstyles in particular loading time so far is fairly short, so good on that end. Now starting my gameplay
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    Hairstyles and clothing options are wonderful.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    LOVE the new CAS and build mode stuff, doing science career now.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    The mannequins are a lot of fun to design and sims change right into the new clothes when they buy.
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Very happy with the new hair and clothes, etc for sims. Tattoos need to be re evaluated (less is more sometimes and not everyone needs tattoo sleeves). disappointed that no new traits or aspirations were added, no new facial hair. Make up for men added. I haven't been able to play cause I have to go to bed and then work tomorrow but so far looks interesting.
  • 61Dustin61Dustin Posts: 74 Member
    Hairstyles are awesome and the clothes are nice too
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I had a baby, that machine scared me.
  • sims3ivanconsims3ivancon Posts: 18 New Member
    I love the clothes and hairs!
  • DarkMisfitDarkMisfit Posts: 363 Member
    2vl37g4.jpg

I love how you have a choice whether you want to join your sim at work or let them go alone. Makes it good for multiple sim households. I love the tasks you have to complete. Just a few things in the few minutes I've played. :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    LOVE IT so far.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Can you take a photo anywhere and then paint by reference. There are limits to camera mode for paint by reference on easel. I can't access GTW yet
    has anyone gone shopping? i went and there was no service/tablet check out it was just like sims 3 store set instant purchasing of items
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    has anyone gone shopping? i went and there was no service/tablet check out it was just like sims 3 store set instant purchasing of items

Yeah the experience is very different when you are the shopper as opposed to when you are the owner. I definitely prefer being the owner.
  • MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    Very brief first impression, I really, really like it. I've got a detective. That career is pretty interesting. Haven't quite worked out the give citation bit yet but I'll explore when I don't have to wake up super early in the morning. So far, I'm really enjoying this EP just like I knew I would.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• sims3ivanconsims3ivancon Posts: 18 New Member
    I just experienced a game crash D: right when i finished making my new store
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Haven't dug in too deep yet, but definitely liking so far.

Love the Selfies :)

Dd8FEA5.jpg

And the shopping area is really pretty

IY9Rk8c.jpg
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

Tablet checkout is for NPCs.
  • mightymahhmightymahh Posts: 4 New Member
    Mines really laggy when I was at the doctor career.
    dnmartyn wrote: »

Yeah the experience is very different when you are the shopper as opposed to when you are the owner. I definitely prefer being the owner.
    thanks for confirming.

Tablet checkout is for NPCs.

thanks! i think i must of missed this detail.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I am downloading my digital copy now. It will be ready for me to play when I wake up. For now, I'm lurking this thread and enjoying all of your comments. :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    qrlcode wrote: »
    There's so much to do!
    Okay, okay... Photography is awesome. You can take as many photos as you want and scan around without losing your shot. Photos can be copied and made into memories and you can add filters even if you already took the photo. And the selfies are so cute.

Do you know if sims can have a pic made together with that studio camera without another sim manning it and taking the picture?

• FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I am really enjoying it the little I have played. it is 2 am here so I will go to bed so I can play all day tomorrow!
  • 2kittymama2kittymama Posts: 111 Member
    I wasn't able to play too much as I have to work in the morning, but holy cow! There is So. Much. Content in this game. I played the first day of the detective career, opened a clothing store, had a sim give birth (totally cool btw, they have birth certificates now), and messed around with the photography skill a little and I can tell that I barely scratched the surface. Can't wait to get more in depth after work tomorrow!