Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has this sims 4 been a success or faliure?

Comments

• kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    Rapunzel wrote: »
    > @kristinepunktum said:
    >
    > What I mean is that I see the same disappointed simmers post well over 2-3000 posts. I get that people are disappointed and angry, but some hijack threads that has nothing to do with disappointment just to be rude.

I agree. But if they shut all their complains away so that nobody gets offended, EA and Maxis thinks "Well, we have done a great job and can go on with it. Nobody minds that the price is higher, but the content is less."

All the posts, which aren't meant for the people, who actually like the Sims4, there are meant for EA and Maxis. If they decide to sell their games for a higher price, I want to see something, which makes that the decision comprehensible. That's all.

I completely agree with you. I'm referring to the malicious posts, with the personal attacks on people who enjoy the games. If nobody spoke up about needs and bugs in the game, nothing would be done! We deserve our money's worth, but we don't deserve being ridiculed for liking the game at the same time.. :)
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    > @Proteus42 said:
    > Can´t say ...
    > on the one hand Sims 4 definitely fell short of what I expected ... especially due to things mising from TS 3 ... like Story Progression and the feeling of all NPCs just being there as a facade for your Player family.
    >
    > On the other hand it has a lot of nice things and is getting better update by update ... therefore I´d see it as too early to classify it as failure or no failure but rather observe how it developes during this year (hopefully into the right direction)

So you didn't get, what you supposed. Be aware that you have to pay for every single addon as in the previous games and think about what you get. The game can be fun, but only after 20 addons or so, each less content the other but the same price. I am not judging any simgame by their addons. I compare the bases and therefore Sims3 is the best, although Sims2 turned out better for my playstyle. If you would have been able to add several attached non prebuild neighbourhoods, I would say, that Sims3 is the best outcome of this frenchise and Sims4 is by far the worst.

Actually lots of missing things that get added at the moment are via free updates (for example basements and NPCs with jobs in the last one)

At the moment it also seems like story progression might get included into the base game as a free patch.

As for addons ... the choice is easy for me ... if certain things (especially story progression) will finally get added to the base game (and are good enough for my tastes) I will probably judge the game as a success and buy addons ... if not then I won´t (and EA/Maxis won´t see the money I would otherwise have spent on the EPs/GPs).
    Insofar I won´t have to pay any cent for addons ... noone forces me to do it ... I have still all freedom in the world to keep my money (and return to playing my Sims 3 install with all addons) ;)
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Proteus42 wrote: »
    > @Proteus42 said:
    > Can´t say ...
    > on the one hand Sims 4 definitely fell short of what I expected ... especially due to things mising from TS 3 ... like Story Progression and the feeling of all NPCs just being there as a facade for your Player family.
    >
    > On the other hand it has a lot of nice things and is getting better update by update ... therefore I´d see it as too early to classify it as failure or no failure but rather observe how it developes during this year (hopefully into the right direction)

So you didn't get, what you supposed. Be aware that you have to pay for every single addon as in the previous games and think about what you get. The game can be fun, but only after 20 addons or so, each less content the other but the same price. I am not judging any simgame by their addons. I compare the bases and therefore Sims3 is the best, although Sims2 turned out better for my playstyle. If you would have been able to add several attached non prebuild neighbourhoods, I would say, that Sims3 is the best outcome of this frenchise and Sims4 is by far the worst.

Actually lots of missing things that get added at the moment are via free updates (for example basements and NPCs with jobs in the last one)

At the moment it also seems like story progression might get included into the base game as a free patch.

As for addons ... the choice is easy for me ... if certain things (especially story progression) will finally get added to the base game (and are good enough for my tastes) I will probably judge the game as a success and buy addons ... if not then I won´t (and EA/Maxis won´t see the money I would otherwise have spent on the EPs/GPs).
    Insofar I won´t have to pay any cent for addons ... noone forces me to do it ... I have still all freedom in the world to keep my money (and return to playing my Sims 3 install with all addons) ;)

While the FREE content has been added in forced patches, they are not so free for me as they are so big they go over my bandwidth costing me an extra $10 a month. I can't afford to upgrade my internet to the next level so it is a conundrum for me. If they had made the FREE content in separate DLC I could get it when I had the bandwidth then it would actually be FREE. That is a small complaint compared to the forced patching that has broken my game with each one. I wasn't having bugs and issues with my game that others were experiencing, but with them fixing others games and forcing me to patch they have created bugs and game breaking play in my game. There is no way to roll back patches so now my game is so frustrating I have quit trying to play it and enjoy it like I did when I first got it. So as it stands I haven't played since Dec and wont spend until something is done to fix this mess. I just wish I could play the base game with out the patches again. I was having some fun and enjoying it! :(

I am playing TS1 & 2 while I wait! TS3 was OK but TS2 is the best IMHO! ;)
  • RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member
    > @Terrylin said:
    > Proteus42 wrote: »
    >
    > Rapunzel wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually lots of missing things that get added at the moment are via free updates (for example basements and NPCs with jobs in the last one)
    >
    > At the moment it also seems like story progression might get included into the base game as a free patch.
    >
    > As for addons ... the choice is easy for me ... if certain things (especially story progression) will finally get added to the base game (and are good enough for my tastes) I will probably judge the game as a success and buy addons ... if not then I won´t (and EA/Maxis won´t see the money I would otherwise have spent on the EPs/GPs).
    > Insofar I won´t have to pay any cent for addons ... noone forces me to do it ... I have still all freedom in the world to keep my money (and return to playing my Sims 3 install with all addons)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While the FREE content has been added in forced patches, they are not so free for me as they are so big they go over my bandwidth costing me an extra $10 a month. I can't afford to upgrade my internet to the next level so it is a conundrum for me. If they had made the FREE content in separate DLC I could get it when I had the bandwidth then it would actually be FREE. That is a small complaint compared to the forced patching that has broken my game with each one. I wasn't having bugs and issues with my game that others were experiencing, but with them fixing others games and forcing me to patch they have created bugs and game breaking play in my game. There is no way to roll back patches so now my game is so frustrating I have quit trying to play it and enjoy it like I did when I first got it. So as it stands I haven't played since Dec and wont spend until something is done to fix this mess. I just wish I could play the base game with out the patches again. I was having some fun and enjoying it!
    >
    > I am playing TS1 & 2 while I wait! TS3 was OK but TS2 is the best IMHO!

I am sorry for you. I never thought about that padges could cost something...but from your view, they did and even more crushed your game. That's awful!

And yeah, Sims2 was definitly the best of all. ;-)
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    > @Terrylin said:
    > Proteus42 wrote: »
    >
    > Rapunzel wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually lots of missing things that get added at the moment are via free updates (for example basements and NPCs with jobs in the last one)
    >
    > At the moment it also seems like story progression might get included into the base game as a free patch.
    >
    > As for addons ... the choice is easy for me ... if certain things (especially story progression) will finally get added to the base game (and are good enough for my tastes) I will probably judge the game as a success and buy addons ... if not then I won´t (and EA/Maxis won´t see the money I would otherwise have spent on the EPs/GPs).
    > Insofar I won´t have to pay any cent for addons ... noone forces me to do it ... I have still all freedom in the world to keep my money (and return to playing my Sims 3 install with all addons)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While the FREE content has been added in forced patches, they are not so free for me as they are so big they go over my bandwidth costing me an extra $10 a month. I can't afford to upgrade my internet to the next level so it is a conundrum for me. If they had made the FREE content in separate DLC I could get it when I had the bandwidth then it would actually be FREE. That is a small complaint compared to the forced patching that has broken my game with each one. I wasn't having bugs and issues with my game that others were experiencing, but with them fixing others games and forcing me to patch they have created bugs and game breaking play in my game. There is no way to roll back patches so now my game is so frustrating I have quit trying to play it and enjoy it like I did when I first got it. So as it stands I haven't played since Dec and wont spend until something is done to fix this mess. I just wish I could play the base game with out the patches again. I was having some fun and enjoying it!
    >
    > I am playing TS1 & 2 while I wait! TS3 was OK but TS2 is the best IMHO!

I am sorry for you. I never thought about that padges could cost something...but from your view, they did and even more crushed your game. That's awful!

And yeah, Sims2 was definitly the best of all. ;-)

What is sad is that because so many have unlimited or even great internet access, they tend to not care that some don't! My area is still on the edge of the stone age! LOL Cell service is spotty at best and I am really lucky to have DSL at all. Verizon MyFI doesn't get a good enough signal or I would go that route as some has had to here. Sure most have access to internet but not everyone. Allot of people don't realize that and I am sure the people at EA have unlimited internet and think everyone else has access to it also. Since they are going all digital it would seem so. BUT I think it will hurt them in the long run since allot of their players are in remote locations and don't have access. I play on a desktop so going to the library isn't an options. At least we could save the patches and flash drive them with the previous games. That would work then I could go to a hot-spot and get it then bring it home and install it. :)

In a nutshell it is funny that those who have don't/can't relate to those who don't have most of the time. Whether they are young and don't have limited funds or someone else is supplying it for them or just have access to a variety of internet options. In this area of FL we have begged for cable and internet and it has been denied over and over again. They give as many excuses as EA! LOL Mostly the Good-Ole-Boys don't want businesses disrupting their profits is the main reason. Stone age indeed! We are still working on getting change here but it is going to take awhile that's for sure. Lots of Good-Ole-Boys to get out of county offices and seats before we can crawl out into the real world economics. ;)
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »
    becstar732 wrote: »
    What is your opinion,
    I am disappointed with the game, after the last three sims, I expected more.
    I haven't touched sims four for a few months now, and catching up on the forum, I haven't missed much.

Are you after self-selected opinion or reality-based numbers? You'll get plenty of opinion on this here - in fact, there's at least a topic a week, it seems, about exactly this. You won't get numbers: EA isn't releasing them.

This.

And also, does anyone know why EA isn't releasing the numbers? My guess is that the sales honestly aren't as good, but they still want to play it off as the next big thing.

They seem to basically be on a not-releasing-numbers kick, from what I've been reading here lately.

If you (EA-not you the poster) don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    edited March 2015
    > @Darleymikey said:
    > luthienrising wrote: »
    >
    > chider1234 wrote: »
    >
    > luthienrising wrote: »
    >
    > becstar732 wrote: »
    >
    > What is your opinion,
    > I am disappointed with the game, after the last three sims, I expected more.
    > I haven't touched sims four for a few months now, and catching up on the forum, I haven't missed much.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you after self-selected opinion or reality-based numbers? You'll get plenty of opinion on this here - in fact, there's at least a topic a week, it seems, about exactly this. You won't get numbers: EA isn't releasing them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This.
    >
    > And also, does anyone know why EA isn't releasing the numbers? My guess is that the sales honestly aren't as good, but they still want to play it off as the next big thing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They seem to basically be on a not-releasing-numbers kick, from what I've been reading here lately.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you (EA-not you the poster) don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I had to read it twice and first I wanted to scratch your eyes out for beeing so rude. Then my slowly English to German translation worked out and now I agree. If the selling's so bad, than it's clear to stay silent for EA. Hopefully EA learns their lesson and gives Maxis more freedom.
    Post edited by Rapunzel on
  • PlayerkallanPlayerkallan Posts: 12 New Member
    I enjoy it, I mean there's some features missing, yes, but those features in the last game made my game run really bad. I love the Sims 4, I think it's the best one yet.
    chider1234 wrote: »
    What is your opinion,
    I haven't touched sims four for a few months now, and catching up on the forum, I haven't missed much.

Are you after self-selected opinion or reality-based numbers? You'll get plenty of opinion on this here - in fact, there's at least a topic a week, it seems, about exactly this. You won't get numbers: EA isn't releasing them.

This.

And also, does anyone know why EA isn't releasing the numbers? My guess is that the sales honestly aren't as good, but they still want to play it off as the next big thing.

They seem to basically be on a not-releasing-numbers kick, from what I've been reading here lately.

If you (EA-not you the poster) don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Yes. Let me be clear, my statement was an observation of EA's actions, not a request/mandate to any person.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    For me it is a fail, and looking at the community, I can't help but think that TS4 probably isn't meeting EAxis' sales projections. I know that a lot of loyal players bought TS4 with the hopes that it would be a good game despite everything that was lacking, and that, for the most part, they were disappointed. The fact that EAxis hasn't released any sales figures is another indication, to me, that sales are disappointing.

However, the president of EA has claimed that TS4 has turned a profit, and I believe him. I think that future sales will be problematic, though, because of the large number of long-time fans who did purchase the game and found it lacking will not be buying any of the additional content generated for TS4. Face it, a lot of the profits for The Sims franchise come from the EPs, SPs/ GPs and Store content that fans gobble up. I also wonder if some of the profits that the president mentioned were from sales at the TS3 Store. I know that I've been grabbing a lot of stuff from the Store because I don't have TS4. Eventually those sales will dry up, too.

So, I think that while the balance sheets for TS4 may look okay now, they won't continue to look good for very long. I made some predictions before TS4 was released (I predicted object-babies, pathing problems, and the need for 3rd party CC among other things), and I was right about them. I'm going to make another prediction now: I would bet real money that TS4 will have fewer Expansion Packs than any other iteration of the game. I think that they'll do this jobs EP, one for pets, one for weather and probably one or two others before pulling the plug on this version of the game. I'm sure that they will push out a whole bunch of Game Packs, especially since they don't have a Store, but that there won't be more than 5 actual Expansion Packs.
    Profitable? I wouldn't doubt that in the least. And I'm sure it will continue to turn a tidy profit.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    5 more expansion packs would suit me just fine! I'm probably the only one who feels this way but I always thought there was just too much content in previous versions. I think I spent maybe a total of 2-3 hours with ITF. Could have totally done without that. Supernatural I bought just for the new objects. Never liked the zombies, werewolves, vampires, or fairies. Also could have done with the island one.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Its a okay Game but not that good for a Sims Main Game. Its a shame to the previous Sims Games but well thats what the media telling about, ratings from the media is more average or low than any other Sims Base Games. I hope the Sims 4 won't fail more with their EPs that will come in the future of it. Maybe i guess because most people hoped for a true revolution from the Sims 3 or something like that.
    Because with time comes newer technology and newer innovations. But right now the Sims 4 doesn't really feel like really any revolution at all. There is a reason why people bought the Sims 3 more than the Sims 4 because they offered something really new. What the Sims 4 offers is not that revolutionary right now.
    I stopped playing it.
    Thats what i think. :'(
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I feel that the base game is okay, but at the same time I believe that they intended to make the base game that way, so they maybe able to add unto and make it better. They listen to feedback, and their patches are getting better. I think it will only get better over time, so really I looking towards the future instead of the now, because they are still going to adding content and making game packs and expansion packs.
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Haphron said:

[building the rocket & house was ... ok fun. Soon after that the game was like a stick in the mud and became boring fast.]

I Agree about the Boring thing. Way to Few Fun things to do, rocks and flowers are not fun, Jogging is not fun, heck even the bars are not fun, u can put a bar in your house and with all the stalkers (you know, the NPC Sims you said "Hi" to, the one or more that visit your house about 4 times a day.) and have the same effect.
    This game is more work than fun, A Sims Life: Go to work, Come home and work.
    It feels like I'm playing a FaceBook app.
    You can only Woohoo so many times, and then that get boring.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. But it gets SSSssssooooo SSssssoooo Boring fast.

Sims 2 and 3 "Seasons" Broke up the daily everyday stuff and made it feel more alive.
    "Island paridice" in 3 gave you Summer fun and a place to go on your honeymoon, it took you away to your own little Island in the sun.
    "Monte Vista" made my Sims feel like they went over sea's and was in Italy, "World adventures" and "Bon Voyage" did the same.
    "Apartment life" and "Late Night" made me feel like I lived in the Big City.

I Like the Direction with "Get to work", It makes the job more personal and feel like My Sims is alive.
    Like my sim is really working and achieving something.
    Going to work and then having to work at home to advance really stinks.
    TG "Get to work" is coming out, Something to do.

P.S. Thank you for the Pools, can we have some lounge chairs and a diving board.

Oh, had to turn off the aging, did'nt like everyone aging up the same time, Shady Olk's Retirement Village it started to look like.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    I think it's very successful. Even people who seem to dislike it still talk about it passionately seven months later. I didn't even talk about my first husband that long after my divorce! XD And given that the same people seem to have acquired Get To Work on day one and are talking about it, EA/Maxis seems to have a product moving units of add-ons even amongst its critics. You can't get much more successful than even people bad-mouthing your product caring about it, engaging and buying more.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifference.

Opinions may vary, but the passion unites all simmers. :)
    edited March 2015
    I think it's very successful. Even people who seem to dislike it still talk about it passionately seven months later. I didn't even talk about my first husband that long after my divorce! XD And given that the same people seem to have acquired Get To Work on day one and are talking about it, EA/Maxis seems to have a product moving units of add-ons even amongst its critics. You can't get much more successful than even people bad-mouthing your product caring about it, engaging and buying more.

Events throughout history have aroused passion that continues to last centuries after their passing. A few, like biblical accounts of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, are positive (mileage varies based on one's perception here, I'm not trying to push religion) and can be called by both critics and fans as 'successful' (the existence of billions of Christians suggest such). Others, like slavery and the comic stylings of Carlos Mencia, are blights on the temporal continuum of the multiverse, and though arousing strong passion, cannot by any stretch of the moral imagination be considered successful. Sims 4 falls into the later, arousing passions that could hurt the franchise's future, causing all involved to question the support of what has been, up to now, a critical and commercial blockbuster of a series. If EA is not careful with it's next iteration, the Sims series, like the comic stylings of Carlos Mencia, will die, leaving an indelible taste of badness in the mouth of every (former)Sims gaming fan. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

My point? Simply being talked about, by itself, is not 'success', certainly not of a commercial nature. It's only 'success' if said talking correlates to attainment of one's ultimate goals. EA wants to make truck loads of money, not headlines.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg

I didn't bought the addon and gave the basegame back. But I am very passionate about telling everybody not to buy and that I don't like the game at all, because it s'ucks. Therefore your post has truth in it...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What is your opinion,

Well I think it WAY better than TS3 it's clode to TS2 which was my favorite game :3 but there are way too many things still missing from the game, for me it's a success over TS3 but a failure compared to TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What is your opinion,

Well I think it WAY better than TS3 it's clode to TS2 which was my favorite game :3 but there are way too many things still missing from the game, for me it's a success over TS3 but a failure compared to TS2.

I don't know... I definitly can't compare it to Sims2, which had so much to offer. Sims4 is sooo small and tiny. Did you miss the rotation playing in Sims3? Me too, but besides I think Sims3 is better than Sims4, but less fun than the Sims2.

It's a pity that I decided to sell my Sims2 collection. I had all Addons...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What is your opinion,

I don't know... I definitly can't compare it to Sims2, which had so much to offer. Sims4 is sooo small and tiny. Did you miss the rotation playing in Sims3? Me too, but besides I think Sims3 is better than Sims4, but less fun than the Sims2.

It's a pity that I decided to sell my Sims2 collection. I had all Addons...

Hum...ok so?

Yeah you shouldn't had selled it :p it was a great game x) but aren't they still giving away TS2 Ultimate Collections?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    My point? Simply being talked about, by itself, is not 'success', certainly not of a commercial nature. It's only 'success' if said talking correlates to attainment of one's ultimate goals. EA wants to make truck loads of money, not headlines.

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I guess you are not referring to SimGuruBChick's "Thread closed" post.

This space is for rent.
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I can only speak or myself and how I feel about the game at its current state presently. I think it was a success, maybe not as big as a couple of the previous titles, but for me it was fine. I like playing it, I enjoy what it has to offer me in the form of entertainment, and will continue to follow its progress as time goes on. See what it will turn out at the end of its reign, whether that reign will be long or short.