Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't play in the Scientist Career

I got the game a bit early connecting to a Korean Server. Everything worked fine, but when I try to go to the Science Lab, my game crashes. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Is there any way to fix this?
E0iRxce.png

Please EA

Comments

• rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    If you still have some Mod in your game. that might be causing it. I took my out for now.
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    rtucker wrote: »
    If you still have some Mod in your game. that might be causing it. I took my out for now.

I don't have mods.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    I am getting to the science lab without trouble. I would agree with removing any mods and repairing the game if necessary.

Not completely on topic, but I had he impression from people who were playing it at the preview event that my scientist co-workers end up not "workin", mostly playing games on the computers, etc. I have been delighted to find that they are there usng the equipment along with me. And that I can chat with them while analysing and experimenting.

And I giggled a little that there is now a "tell a NSFW joke" interaction for co-workers.
  • ilovebabymonkeys7ilovebabymonkeys7 Posts: 9 New Member
    I am experiencing this same problem. I have repaired my game and I have never used mods. I cannot accompany my sim to the lab no matter what I do. She is in the third generation and I dont want to start all over because I really like her so if anyone knows what I can do to fix this that would be great.
    I've been on customer support for about 20 mins dealing with this.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ok i was playing deductive but ill test scientist. ALso if you use CC basically if you use the mods folder pull it desktop and test again
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    ok i was playing deductive but ill test scientist. ALso if you use CC basically if you use the mods folder pull it desktop and test again

I don't use mods.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I don't use mods.

ok but many peopel differentiate cc from mods and cc were also broken. i have another 24 hrs before i report for work
    Yeah I have 0 CC and 0 mods so there is nothing there that should be screwing up my game
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Try a different sim.
  • kaitlinskkaitlinsk Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. I can play the medical career but not the scientist. Haven't tried detective yet.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dang I hope this isn't a bug. If it is they may need to release an emergency patch to fix it.
  • kaitlinskkaitlinsk Posts: 5 New Member
    I tried someone's suggestion of using a different sim to see if it was that household...still crashed. =/
    ok i just entered the scientist lab and no crashing.

two things to try: turn down in game settings, including trying to play in windowed mode. this should help if your computer is having a hard time because of hardware

the other thing to try pull your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 to the desktop and run a test game. if this works this means something in your files are corrupted or conflicting. you can move back old files to new but test each move for problems
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I got there fine.

What I did notice though is when you explore the Career worlds, there is a few framerate drops and occasional micro-freezes.
    I think there's just so much going on the career lots, that the game can struggle at times.

The same thing used to happen in Open For Business when you had heaps of customers, even on new PC's.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I got there fine.

What I did notice though is when you explore the Career worlds, there is a few framerate drops and occasional micro-freezes.
    I think there's just so much going on the career lots, that the game can struggle at times.

The same thing used to happen in Open For Business when you had heaps of customers, even on new PC's.

Probebly because there are a lot of coworkers on the lot. I'm just guessing though.

I got there fine.

are you on laptop or PC? if laptop do you have nvidia card? and how strong is your computer for gaming?

i havent had any difference with game play but i will say the scientist lab is big so i could see rendering a challenge if in game settings are too high or card settings arent optimal for gaming or hardware isnt gaming level
    @ceejay402 wrote: »
    I got there fine.

are you on laptop or PC? if laptop do you have nvidia card? and how strong is your computer for gaming?

i havent had any difference with game play but i will say the scientist lab is big so i could see rendering a challenge if in game settings are too high or card settings arent optimal for gaming or hardware isnt gaming level

I'm on my Gaming PC;

3.4GHz Core i7
    16GB of Ram
    670GTX (more powerful than The Sims team recommends to run on Ultra)

They were very minor, I just notice these things more xD
    I got there fine.

I'm on my Gaming PC;

3.4GHz Core i7
    16GB of Ram

ok check your card settings, if not selected try adaptive for vsync it shoudl hlep with stuttering
    I got there fine.

I'm on my Gaming PC;

3.4GHz Core i7
    16GB of Ram

ok check your card settings, if not selected try adaptive for vsync it shoudl hlep with stuttering

It wasn't anything bad, VERY minor, I just picked up on it and it was just something I noticed.
    *sigh* Nothing is working. I was so excited for the Scientist career, and now I can't even play it.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Can you play any of the other careers? If the problem is consistent across careers and happens when you try to enter the career lot, it may be an issue with your computer specs. The more content that is added, the more it strains the rig. Or it could be something else.
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > ok i just entered the scientist lab and no crashing.
    >
    > two things to try: turn down in game settings, including trying to play in windowed mode. this should help if your computer is having a hard time because of hardware
    >
    > the other thing to try pull your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 to the desktop and run a test game. if this works this means something in your files are corrupted or conflicting. you can move back old files to new but test each move for problems

I ended up running a test game like you said and that worked. I was wondering if there was any way to get the things i saved to my gallery into the new file.
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > ok i just entered the scientist lab and no crashing.
    >
    > two things to try: turn down in game settings, including trying to play in windowed mode. this should help if your computer is having a hard time because of hardware
    >
    > the other thing to try pull your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 to the desktop and run a test game. if this works this means something in your files are corrupted or conflicting. you can move back old files to new but test each move for problems

I ended up running a test game like you said and that worked. I was wondering if there was any way to get the things i saved to my gallery into the new file.
    glad to hear and more help with moving old files to new see this http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    *sigh* Nothing is working. I was so excited for the Scientist career, and now I can't even play it.
    can you post what you have tried thanks
    I got there fine.

I'm on my Gaming PC;

3.4GHz Core i7
    16GB of Ram

It wasn't anything bad, VERY minor, I just picked up on it and it was just something I noticed.
    do check your card's vsync settings - if selected if will lock in lower fps for the game http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync/technology