Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will they ever fix this?

The twin glitch for unplayed families.

Seriously, when will the fix it? I have twins all over my town.
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.

Comments

• YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    You do? I don't have that problem
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    Really? Oh! All my unplayed sims have twins or triplets, ALL of them. I thought it would be fixed in the 2 previous patches... but if no one else has this issue...
  • YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    Yeah I don't know any unplayed sims with twins. At least not in my game. Most of the unplayed sims that walk around aren't even related and they all look very different...is your game modded?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited March 2015
    People's individual games seem to get stuck in an option. I've never seen twins or triplets in my game, at all. I might be stuck on singles? I don't know.

It's not an acknowledged bug, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2015
    MissB

Actually they did have a fix for that in I believe the Feb patch. Do you have mods or CC or something that may be conflicting with the patch? I personally don't allow my sims to have any poof babies - but i do know know many of my real life family members who also play the Sims were most happy that issue was fixed. I have only allowed one household to have a baby since the game came out - as I see no point without a toddler stage - but i played the woohoo challenge for one day of that week -end which was after the patch - and that one household just had one baby. So I can honestly say i have not seen any twins in my game. None of my townie Sims or households I don't play have had any babies - so i can't see how that would even be an issue unless you have some kind of mod allowing them to have babies without you playing them. If you do the mod may need to be updated as mods need to be the same update as your game to perform properly. So that too could be your issue.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    MissB

Actually they did have a fix for that in I believe the Feb patch. Do you have mods or CC or something that may be conflicting with the patch? I personally don't allow my sims to have any poof babies - but i do know know many of my real life family members who also play the Sims were most happy that issue was fixed. I have only allowed one household to have a baby since the game came out - as I see no point without a toddler stage - but i played the woohoo challenge for one day of that week -end which was after the patch - and that one household just had one baby. So I can honestly say i have not seen any twins in my game. None of my townie Sims or households I don't play have had any babies - so i can't see how that would even be an issue unless you have some kind of mod allowing them to have babies without you playing them. If you do the mod may need to be updated as mods need to be the same update as your game to perform properly. So that too could be your issue.

They fixed it for active households, it's still broken for inactive households. Inactive households shouldn't have babies in the first place though, so they're probably just working on fixing that issue.
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I have three sets of twins in my neighborhood. Four pregnancies, three sets of twins and one single. This was just the past week before the patch. I had just started a new world and was setting everyone up. I knocked up a few people...rotated to other households and it is raining twins.

If I am going to have all these Sims, I am going to need more lots.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited March 2015
    MissB wrote: »

It's the same in my game. If my played male sim tries for babies with a npc woman, I always get twins or triplets. BUT I love that, because I always get a mixture of boys and girls and can choose which child I want to raise in my house.

If you played them for any time at all they should have been considered played households - so if the patch only fixed played households - that makes even less sense unless you have a mod creating the issue. A patch fix is not going to over ride a mod fix but instead conflict with it in some way. i just know truly unplayed households have no kids. Only with the newest patch they didn't do much but walk up and down the street and do pushups - they had no life - but the newest patch did give them jobs and befriending - but still will not make them have kids.

So I am further confused by your twins issue seeing you played them so they will no longer register as unplayed. They should be protected by the patch. The patch fix was unnecessary for non-played seeing they technically cannot have kids without being played. Not within the game programming so far anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    If you played them for any time at all they should have been considered played households - so if the patch only fixed played households - that makes even less sense unless you have a mod creating the issue. A patch fix is not going to over ride a mod fix but instead conflict with it in some way. i just know truly unplayed households have no kids. Only with the newest patch they didn't do much but walk up and down the street and do pushups - they had no life - but the newest patch did give them jobs and befriending - but still will not make them have kids.

So I am further confused by your twins issue seeing you played them so they will no longer register as unplayed. They should be protected by the patch. The patch fix was unnecessary for non-played seeing they technically cannot have kids without being played. Not within the game programming so far anyway.

Your played sim can have children with unplayed sims. They are born in the npc house and will grow up normally.

• laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    they patched it
    edited March 2015
    I understood the simmer say they had played the household just long enough to impregnate some of the sims - so that is why I said if they played a household at all it was considered a played household - even if it was for just a minute even. In my game unplayed households do not have babies period. So I have aging shut off for everyone so the hood doesn't all age and die. I cannot really enjoy Sims 4 anyway - so i guess it doesn't really matter. i can't see any point for the Sims to even have babies when it is just like Sims 1. I never would let Sims in Sims 1 have babies either - so I'd be real mad if these Sims in Sims 4 had any without me playing them.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    I understood the simmer say they had played the household just long enough to impregnate some of the sims - so that is why I said if they played a household at all it was considered a played household - even if it was for just a minute even. In my game unplayed households do not have babies period. So I have aging shut off for everyone so the hood doesn't all age and die. I cannot really enjoy Sims 4 anyway - so i guess it doesn't really matter. i can't see any point for the Sims to even have babies when it is just like Sims 1. I never would let Sims in Sims 1 have babies either - so I'd be real mad if these Sims in Sims 4 had any without me playing them.

They will only have babies if they are somehow manually impregnated.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I've never had this problem. Now the sims being on the sidewalk when I start game or switch household - have had since December patch and they don't seem to care, and I'm not the only one.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Really!? You still have that glitch? That was fixed a long time ago for a lot of us!
  • Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    I'm wondering if they are ever gonna fix the issue with the fridge, I have to repair my game every single time before I launch it or the fridge won't work, so annoying!
  • MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I have a problem of my sims having twins, or triplets, but I dont have that problem.
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    I closed my game, made a pink house and then went back to my household, and I had twins! Is this God?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

Wow... I... do not have this problem, and I totally wish I did! I've only had triplets once, though I was able to have 3 sets of twins during this last family play I did. That was the first time for me, though. :(

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »

They will only have babies if they are somehow manually impregnated.

A Sim from an active family can have a child with a NPC from an other household. That family will still be "unplayed" and the npc always gets twins or triplets.
  • chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 22 Member
    About nine out of ten pregnanies have resulted in twins for me including played households. I had a strange incidence where I left a played household with a pregnant sim in it to go play another and noticed she had twins on her own (the household icon showed two babies in the house) BUT when I went to play the household there was only one baby. I left to play another household and when I came back to the prior house, the other baby was suddenly there in her bassinet. I usually have my household have two kids so it doesn't bother me that much but I don't want two sets of twins should I decide to try again for a third or, heaven forbid, triplets.
    I had a romance sim go about impregnating several townies which resulting in twins every time.

I don't use any mods
    I don't use mod either @chrstal27 and if I don't witness a birth I'd say 9/10 chances they'll be twins or triplets.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't have twins for NPCs, but all the townies in my game are elders. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif