Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shiny sim?

I made a new Sim, and when i got into gameplay, her skin looked shiny/metallic..
I have no skin mods too..
✿ simflowerr ✿
✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿

Comments

• ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Are you sure you're not using any mods? :/ It's my first time hearing that kind of bug. Why don't you try to delete the localthumbcache.package then restart your game?
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @thatdoggonegirl7 said:
    > Are you sure you're not using any mods? It's my first time hearing that kind of bug. Why don't you try to delete the localthumbcache.package then restart your game?

I've fixed it now, for some reason it was the tights causing the bug(weird)..
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    simflowerr wrote: »
    > @thatdoggonegirl7 said:
    > Are you sure you're not using any mods? It's my first time hearing that kind of bug. Why don't you try to delete the localthumbcache.package then restart your game?

I've fixed it now, for some reason it was the tights causing the bug(weird)..

I'm glad you already solved your problem. :) Happy simming!
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    @thatdoggonegirl7 thank you! :-)
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    simflowerr wrote: »
    @thatdoggonegirl7 thank you! :-)

@simflowerr Don't mention it. :blush:
    Michael Jackson
  • nikkifromthemittennikkifromthemitten Posts: 21 Member
    I'm having this same problem and don't know exactly what CC is causing it. Driving me nuts!
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm having this same issue and it didn't happen before the horrible June patch. SO frustrating! I'd be more forgiving if the content was always corrupt... except it isn't. It's the patch update. At least, for me this is the issue. The content worked fine before the patch. Then afterwords that SAME content now makes metallic sims.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    This was posted in another forum I'm in the other day. Is this the issue you're having? This might help you fix it. https://giulietta-sims.blogspot.com/2019/07/finding-and-fixing-shiny-post-patch.html
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! So I took a quick look on AHQ for this issue and found two examples, one is related to CC and the other for people with no CC installed. I've linked these below and hopefully you find them helpful. Considering this thread is pretty old and all our bug reporting and tech issue support has moved to AHQ I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CC-RELATED-Random-Sims-are-shiny-and-have-Texture-Overlay/td-p/7955802

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-S-Scout-Uniform-appears-has-random-texture/td-p/7989586
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top