Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect/imperfect timing for anyone else?

Hey guys :smiley:

I just found out that GTW releases the last day of term for me in Australia - April 2 - before Easter break. Yay! I'll go down to Westfields after school and duck into EB Games, pick it up!

And then I realised. The next day is Good Friday.

My family is extremely religious - me in included. That means somber times on Friday, with no touch of electronics. Okay, I said, I'm fine with that. I'll play all day Saturday - not a particularly holy day of the time!
And then I recalled my Dad saying how my two brothers and I will be in the garden all day weeding, mowing - taking advantage of the time.
And for Sunday! Church, family and more family.

So in reality, I won't be able to play until Easter Monday. And then! I remembered!
I've got two weeks more of school holidays to play!

Anyone else similar to me? Did GTW come at a bad time for you?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    It's not a perfect release date for me, because I'm out of town and won't return until April 15th. Long Easter holiday, so I will find other ways to amuse myself, and it means I will read lots of reviews before I get a chance to test out GTW. I hope they will be good, without giving away too much.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ProMarshmallowProMarshmallow Posts: 77 Member
    It's a perfect time for me!! I'm on Easter break right now!! Seeing as it releases on Thursday my family isn't religious so I will be pretty much playing sims two days straights!! My mum will not be happy when she realises I won't of gone to bed for two days straight!! xD
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Not a perfect time for me, I don't know how much internet I have for this month (internet refreshes on the 15th) so might not even be able to download GTW.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    eh, a bit of both for me basically the game comes out on Thursday in the UK and I have school that day :/ I'll download the game at midnight and probably not sleep but after the school day is over It's easter break and I have nothing to do for 2 whole weeks so, mainly perfect but a bit of both
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I was pleased by the Timing with the Easter holidays. However, we have just got a new kitten which we are intergrating with a resident adult cat. The kitten was meant to be competing in a cat show and so we weren't supposed to have him yet. However things changed ( which was great to get him earlier) but I've been very busy all weekend circulating between the cats and also supervising short bursts of intro time. I'll get some time to play GTW but the cats are the priority.
  • Options
    becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    I wont get much playing time until the Tuesday after Easter when my kids go back to school. They don't start their holidays until a week after Easter.
  • Options
    Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    Eh...no time is really "good" for me. I work full time, so I'll be at work all day Tuesday. I'm planning on staying up late tomorrow night so I can hopefully start downloading at midnight Eastern time, but I won't be able to play. :neutral:
  • Options
    mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's decent for me. I live in the US so it comes out midnight tomorrow, but my last day of school before spring break is thursday. I'm super busy with school stuff so I probably won't be able to play until school gets out, but after that I have all week to play.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    DaB1gV wrote: »

I just found out that GTW releases the last day of term for me in Australia - April 2 - before Easter break. Yay! I'll go down to Westfields after school and duck into EB Games, pick it up!

My family is extremely religious - me in included. That means somber times on Friday, with no touch of electronics. Okay, I said, I'm fine with that. I'll play all day Saturday - not a particularly holy day of the time!
    And then I recalled my Dad saying how my two brothers and I will be in the garden all day weeding, mowing - taking advantage of the time.

So in reality, I won't be able to play until Easter Monday. And then! I remembered!

That's so nice that you are spending the weekend with your family, treasure it! The Sims will always be there...

• Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    well speaking as my spring break ended today... It would have been nice for it to come out last week but... all well
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    Right smack at the beginning of a work week followed by a weekend away for the holidays followed by another work week. It would be dangerous for my career to even touch the game until Friday the 10th in the evening at the earliest.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I was pleased by the Timing with the Easter holidays. However, we have just got a new kitten which we are intergrating with a resident adult cat. The kitten was meant to be competing in a cat show and so we weren't supposed to have him yet. However things changed ( which was great to get him earlier) but I've been very busy all weekend circulating between the cats and also supervising short bursts of intro time. I'll get some time to play GTW but the cats are the priority.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to report you for posting about a kitten without a picture of said kitten.

I'm pretty sure that contravenes a law of some sort.
  • Options
    ThoughtfulTacoThoughtfulTaco Posts: 6 New Member
    It comes out at 9 o'clock on Monday and I have school until Wednesday. My family isn't so religious, but my mom wants me to play less of the sims because it's too addicting
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    It was imperfect timing because I was booked up with so much work. Then a client moved a project and now it's perfect timing. (And will be even better if there's a really quick fix to the rotational play careers bugs. But if not, I'm sure I'll find fun ways to explore the EP anyway.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    It's perfect for me becuase I have spring break in Minnesota and since there's still snow outside I have an excuse to stay at home all day. PLUS, my sister will be gone for the whole spring break volunteering out of state so nobody will bug me.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    DaB1gV wrote: »

I was supposed to have class this Tuesday but it's been postponed til next week, I'm jumping in excitement as I get to play it all day Tuesday :smiley:

I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    Perfect timing for me. I just got out of the hospital from brain tumor removal surgery, so I'll be on bed rest for six weeks. Kind of sad as I won't be able to travel to see family for Easter :(
  • Options
    AnnarubananaAnnarubanana Posts: 48 Member
    Bad timing! Although I have 2 weeks Easter holidays I'm off Sims for Lent. That means if I buy it on the Thursday when it comes out in the UK I won't be able to play it until Easter Sunday! :'( :s :#
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    @Easy Breaz
    Perfect timing for me. I just got out of the hospital from brain tumor removal surgery, so I'll be on bed rest for six weeks. Kind of sad as I won't be able to travel to see family for Easter :(

Sorry to hear that! I've also been in and out of hospital since I was 11 for multiple issues - I wish you the speediest recovery!
  • Options
    clementine101clementine101 Posts: 39 Member
    Pretty good time for me, I've just gotten an extra $200 for this fortnight, yay. And I'm at uni 3 hours a week, and only work 3 mornings a week, so I have so much time to play. Although, it's a bad time. Boyfriend's birthday in like 2 weeks and I need to get him something as well as have money there for his birthday fun times. And I really don't want to pay that much for an EP...
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    dnmartyn wrote: »
    cherpar wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to report you for posting about a kitten without a picture of said kitten.

I'm pretty sure that contravenes a law of some sort.

@dnmartyn

here you go. his name is Tzar and he is a lilac birman.

photo_zpsgui8gda0.jpg

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Goodish timing for me. I just ordered the last part for my new computer, and it'll be here the 2nd. I get the game tonight. So I'll have a few days on my old computer :( I hope it lasts long enough lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have test weeks the upcoming two weeks, but I only have one in-class test (which is tomorrow, but I life in the Netherlands, so I can't play it either way tomorrow) and two essays that I already finished. So it actually means two weeks of no school and two weeks of getting my Sims to work :#
  • Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Awesome timing for me. Already had the week booked off work for my daughter's Spring Break and we ended up cancelling our planned ski trip (it's so warm!) so I'm off the WHOLE WEEK to play. Queue coffee and snacks!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    @cherpar what a beautiful little guy! I am sure he is a great addition to your family!