Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISLAND PARADISE INSTALLATION NOT WORKING.

hi guys,
im currently using a mac and i bought my island paradise cd a few days ago. downloaded it today and i put the serial code in and everything it shows the expansion pack island paradise in the side but in the launcher, it doesnt show PLEASE HELP. WHAT IS HAPPENING. THE ISLAND PARADISE ISNT WORKINGGG :?

Comments

• RachelT1971RachelT1971 Posts: 2 New Member
    We purchased the game also. We get as far as initiating play and we receive a message that the code has been used too many times. Four hours later and much frustration on Origin Chat I asked for a refund. Everything the "expert" suggested and it still wouldn't remedy the issue. We asked for a refund and it was granted.
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    candy72776 wrote: »
    hi guys,
    im currently using a mac and i bought my island paradise cd a few days ago. downloaded it today and i put the serial code in and everything it shows the expansion pack island paradise in the side but in the launcher, it doesnt show PLEASE HELP. WHAT IS HAPPENING. THE ISLAND PARADISE ISNT WORKINGGG :?

Did you install the game from the disc or did you use the code to access the digital version through Origin? If the Island Paradise icon is not highlighted in the row along the bottom of the launcher window then the expansion has not installed properly. Check in Applications/The Sims 3 - is there a shortcut for Island Paradise in that folder? If so, uninstall the pack. Then just try again.

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    We purchased the game also. We get as far as initiating play and we receive a message that the code has been used too many times. Four hours later and much frustration on Origin Chat I asked for a refund. Everything the "expert" suggested and it still wouldn't remedy the issue. We asked for a refund and it was granted.

That error with the code having already been used is very common. Usually it's fixable - it's just a question of customer services checking your account and either unlocking the code or else giving you a new one. I'm not sure why the person you reached on the Chat did not suggest that, but perhaps they misunderstood the error message.

GeneralSig_SF_03.png