Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hugahav wrote: »
    > @BluebellFlora said:

> Can you close Time Machine and Dropbox and see if it makes a difference? And ClamXav.

Thanks @BluebellFlora, I'll give it a try. I thought TM might be causing a problem so I closed it before playing yesterday but had the same problem. I'll try closing Dropbox today and see what happens. ClamXav has very limited real time capabilities, which I haven't enabled. The only time it's active is when I manually start a scan. I'll update with the results.

ok :) Try lowering your graphics settings in game too. Yosemite seems to be running the game better than previous OS too, have you thought about upgrading?
    apple-signature.png
  • HugahavHugahav Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2015
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Hugahav wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ok Try lowering your graphics settings in game too. Yosemite seems to be running the game better than previous OS too, have you thought about upgrading?

I've been seriously considering it. I have Parallels Desktop installed because there are some Windows-only programs I use and don't want to be without. I have Parallels 9 which "should" work with Yosemite, but there are some issues reported. I really don't want to have to pay to upgrade Parallels if I can avoid it. :\
  • RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @DennisAlexis84 said:
    > Starting today, my sims can't cook food anymore. :S I even tried deleting the refrigerator and buying a new one but no matter who I choose to cook something the command just disappears by itself. I hope my sims won't starve to death... Anyone else experiencing this?

I have also experiencing this bug! The first days, my game worked fine but they suddenly couldn't cook.... I can take a quick meal but my sims are "taking it out of the fridge" where they stand on the moment that the action starts. My child took something out of the fridge from the restroom the last time I played... Hope that they fix this soon
    RDaan wrote: »
    > @DennisAlexis84 said:
    > Starting today, my sims can't cook food anymore. :S I even tried deleting the refrigerator and buying a new one but no matter who I choose to cook something the command just disappears by itself. I hope my sims won't starve to death... Anyone else experiencing this?

I have also experiencing this bug! The first days, my game worked fine but they suddenly couldn't cook.... I can take a quick meal but my sims are "taking it out of the fridge" where they stand on the moment that the action starts. My child took something out of the fridge from the restroom the last time I played... Hope that they fix this soon

This isn't a Mac bug, it is affecting Windows users too. In the opening post of this thread is a link to Crinrict's bug thread. It is ALWAYS worth checking there first for these kind of gameplay issues before you post here. She even has a thread where she is asking for specs. from affected users:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Info-Request-Sims-can-t-cook-can-t-use-fridge/m-p/4345691#U4345691
    apple-signature.png
  • NeabulaeNeabulae Posts: 1 New Member
    When I start the game, nine times out of ten it freezes up and I have a "graphics error" pop up. I basically have to force restart my MacBook at this point. Ideas?
    Neabulae wrote: »
    When I start the game, nine times out of ten it freezes up and I have a "graphics error" pop up. I basically have to force restart my MacBook at this point. Ideas?

Please provide the information asked for in the opening post.

apple-signature.png
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Sims 4, custom music keeps playing, won't stop, change song, the song still plays, turn off the stereo the song still plays, delete the stereo the songs play and it keeps going.
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Sims 4, custom music keeps playing, won't stop, change song, the song still plays, turn off the stereo the song still plays, delete the stereo the songs play and it keeps going.

From doing a Google search, music glitches seem to have been around since launch. This is one of them:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785321/the-music-glitch-is-driving-me-crazy
    apple-signature.png
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The Sims 4 has much less glitches compared to what I've experienced in The Sims 3. There are some bugs or issues with the AI
    • The Sleep autonomous action is time dependent. Sims will only sleep if it's nighttime and will try to nap or have coffee if it's not night (about 10:00 PM/22:00).
    • In TS4, more than one Sim cannot have Leftovers if they are commanded at the same time. See this video (starts at 1:30). Also present from the original Windows version.
    • Just like TS3, Sims can easily miss work (or school) is a Sim is using a Computer since the computer action doesn't cancel when Go to work is auto commanded.
    • Career Level goals are also bugged where if you reached the appropiate level first, they won't be flagged as completed as seen in a screenshot. This has been present since launch but wasn't reported until the Ghosts Update.
    • Sims will for some reason stop reading books making the Read 3 Books goal difficult.

Here's the screenshot which has affected a lot of Mac and PC users of The Sims 4 including me:
    TS4%20Career%20goal%20glitch.png?psid=1
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • HugahavHugahav Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Hugahav said:
    > I've been having intermittent issues with lag when I first start the game. It's fine up to the point I select a household to play, then when gameplay starts, it lags very badly. I've been able to correct it by opening the game options and selecting either windowed or fullscreen, whichever is different from the current settings. I don't understand how this fixes it, but it does, at least for now. This has been an issue off and on since I installed the game, before I added any CC or the new GP so I don't think they are the problem.
    >
    > Mac model: iMac 27", late 2009
    > Processor: (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7)
    > Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    > Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
    > Operating System: (OS X Mavericks 10.9.5)
    >
    > Official EA DLC/EPs installed: Outdoor Retreat
    >
    > Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? ClamXav, Clean My Mac
    >
    > Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? Time Machine, Dropbox
    >
    > Do you have any CC/mods installed? No Mosaic, Men's Body Hair package, 2 paintings packages (I can give the filenames if you need them).

I thought I'd post an update. I haven't had an opportunity to play much in the past week and a half, but I took BluebellFlora's advice and upgraded the OS to Yosemite, then tried playing the game with Time Machine and Dropbox disabled. I've only played twice since I upgraded, but so far so good! The lag issues haven't reappeared and the game seems to be running much smoother. Fingers crossed that it continues! As a bonus, upgrading has also fixed an issue with my iMac occasionally not wanting to wake from sleep. Thanks for your help @BluebellFlora!
    So glad it's working @Hugahav :)
    apple-signature.png
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    ELWu9UA.png
    Why does this still happen? I have it set to full screen and it get's really annoying when I try to select to gallery or any another button that's located at the top. Please fix this. This did not happen for the Sims 3. Thanks. :)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    And when the Dock is at the Bottom. I never had either of these pop up in TS3.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • FloriciaFloricia Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi! @BluebellFlora !
    today I tried installing an everyone has babies mod, and it didn't work. I put it in the mod folder and everything, so I got disappointed and took it out. My game still wont run after I extracted the file, so what can I do?
    edited March 2015
    Floricia wrote: »
    Hi! @BluebellFlora !
    today I tried installing an everyone has babies mod, and it didn't work. I put it in the mod folder and everything, so I got disappointed and took it out. My game still wont run after I extracted the file, so what can I do?

Hey :) Have you tried moving out the TS4 folder and letting the game recreate a new one? Instructions are in the opening post on this thread.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I don't know if this is a Mac thing or just a bug. I hadn't noticed it when I was playing on my Windows computer but then I hardly ever get these alien things anyway. The container looks fine while it is in an inventory, but as soon as I take it out, it looks like this with no edges and the alien shrinks to nothing when the camera moves back a bit. If I delete my caches and start the game it fixes this issue for that playing session at least. It is not a big deal but it is annoying to me. I do use mods and custom content but I have removed them - trying to fix the issue - and the container still looked the same.

Slug2.jpg

Figwit wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a Mac thing or just a bug. I hadn't noticed it when I was playing on my Windows computer but then I hardly ever get these alien things anyway. The container looks fine while it is in an inventory, but as soon as I take it out, it looks like this with no edges and the alien shrinks to nothing when the camera moves back a bit. If I delete my caches and start the game it fixes this issue for that playing session at least. It is not a big deal but it is annoying to me. I do use mods and custom content but I have removed them - trying to fix the issue - and the container still looked the same.

Slug2.jpg

Did you have a look in Crin's bug thread? Odd glitch!

apple-signature.png
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sims 4 <3 works fine on my iMac <3 =^.^=

Mac model (iMac 21,5 mid-2011)
    Processor (2.7 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (16Gb RAM)
    Graphics (AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 Mo)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

Official EA DLC/EPs installed (Outdoor Retreat) YES

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? (Sophos, AVG, MacKeeper, SimpleCleaner) NO

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? (Time Machine, Dropbox, Memory Clean) NO

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? NO

Hi BluebellFlora and Crinrict! Long time I haven’t been there, long story… But I’m back on Sims 4 with my imac! I'm happily surprised the game works so fine! I have lot of fun with Sims attitude, building and decorate houses !!!
    I love also the possibilities of combining and place objects, kitchen items, decor etc ... =^.^=
    Just can't wait to have toddlers in game?!

First updated my old Mac OS system (10.6.8) to Yosemite and repaired permissions. as if I now had a new Mac! : D
    Updated Origin, then I installed The Sims 4. play, test and installed Outdoor Retreat.
    It works very well, more I can do something else at the same time on my Mac; listen to music, web-surfing ... which was impossible with the Sims 3. The computer is not as hot as with Sims 3 in which nearly killed my machine!
    I really feel that the application is developed for Mac finally!
    Smoothly zoom in games, switch from "life" to "buy" mode and "construction" easily,
    and the online function with the gallery works very well too

I think the choices that have been made to the development of the game and the game-play is good, I have fun playing instead of waiting for slow loading and searching how to fix crashes. finally have a fluid game is a new pleasure in simming!

Oh I forgot, I can finally create and edit Sims too !!! The CAS works great (unlike Sims 3)

system preferences : 1600x900 screen resolution same that I have chosen in game
    Sims preferences : 1600x900
    graphics : Sims, objects, lighting, highlights, visual effects, edge rounding all in medium
    resolution 3D scenes : high - Remote display : high
    Sims compressed textures
    effects of post-treatment: on

That's all for now, soo soon and Happy Simming! =^.^=
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
    @yoda65 - so lovely to see you :p
    apple-signature.png
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • luckythreesluckythrees Posts: 3 New Member
    Game lagging really bad, takes ages to switch angles, select items etc. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Game lagging really bad, takes ages to switch angles, select items etc. Is this happening to anyone else?

Can you answer the questions in the opening post please? Without knowing what your Mac is and how you play it's difficult to try and help.
    apple-signature.png
  • mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    I'm awaiting for the arrival of my new MacBook Pro and will l most likely be getting TS4 for it.

Here's the Specs:
    3.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100

Now, I know I meet the minimum requirements, but wouldn't this laptop be able to run TS4 pretty well?
    Your thoughts? Thanks!
    mschumann wrote: »
    I'm awaiting for the arrival of my new MacBook Pro and will l most likely be getting TS4 for it.

Here's the Specs:
    3.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100

Now, I know I meet the minimum requirements, but wouldn't this laptop be able to run TS4 pretty well?
    Your thoughts? Thanks!

Should be able to. It has integrated graphics though, dedicated is always preferable for gaming. The processor is also dual core rather than a more powerful quad core. But it's still a great Mac :)

apple-signature.png
  • mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about the quad core, although I didn't want the larger 15in screen. I like the smaller MacBook pros. Plus, price was much higher. So, I opted for some upgrades to the processor and ram which hopefully make a difference in performance.