Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Hair From WooHoo Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    @enkeli63 That's not the only flaw with that hairstyle, actually.

If you compare the colour of these hairstyles (or any base game hairstyle, actually):

with the exact same swatch from the new hairstyle:

You'll notice it isn't the same colour. I guess I'll have to redo it myself because I like that hairstyle but I don't like that colour.

By the way: The very last swatch of this hairstyle has the same texture problem.
    24htigrw.png

It's less noticeable but it's there.

Wow you can actually see the paint over it, it kind of looks lazy.

If you think you can see the paint look at the back of the hair in light brown...

WjdJQQj.png
    ...wow.

This isn't something that gets overlooked easily. It's not that hard to spin a sim around to check all sides to see if the hair looks good.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

HattyLou wrote: »
    Female hair is totally Claire Underwood style!

You beat me to it! The men's hair had potential, but the way it's layered doesn't mesh well with the TS4 style.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    HattyLou wrote: »
    Female hair is totally Claire Underwood style!

You beat me to it! The men's hair had potential, but the way it's layered doesn't mesh well with the TS4 style.

I think it looks good in the game I just don't like that it has three bugged recolors one with a painted neck and two where the texture is weird.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    @enkeli63 That's not the only flaw with that hairstyle, actually.

If you compare the colour of these hairstyles (or any base game hairstyle, actually):

with the exact same swatch from the new hairstyle:

You'll notice it isn't the same colour. I guess I'll have to redo it myself because I like that hairstyle but I don't like that colour.

By the way: The very last swatch of this hairstyle has the same texture problem.
    24htigrw.png

It's less noticeable but it's there.

Wow you can actually see the paint over it, it kind of looks lazy.

If you think you can see the paint look at the back of the hair in light brown...

WjdJQQj.png
    ...wow.

This isn't something that gets overlooked easily. It's not that hard to spin a sim around to check all sides to see if the hair looks good.

Same with the sides of the hair ... I never realized there could be bugs with the hair ... Assuming it's a "bug" and not laziness or a rush type of thing.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think it looks good in the game I just don't like that it has three bugged recolors one with a painted neck and two where the texture is weird.

Four actually. Don't forget the wrong blonde hair colour. I'm just wondering how they managed to have all the other hair styles (including OR ones) to be precise in colour and texture but not this new one.
  • Options
    I hope the art team gets informed and that they can fix these next patch....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Who wore it better?
    2X3BZhW.png?1

or

latest?cb=20111217141104
    Lego guy for sure.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Is that even hair?! It looks like Playdoh my goodness. Well I expected nothing less. Awful challenge for an awful reward.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    If you color the male hair pink, your sim is wearing a brain on his head.
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Is that even hair?! It looks like Playdoh my goodness. Well I expected nothing less. Awful challenge for an awful reward.

When I had sculpting class that's how we did hair, clumps of clay in layers over layers.

Just imagine the dog's fur when we get Pets D:
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

When I had sculpting class that's how we did hair, clumps of clay in layers over layers.

Just imagine the dog's fur when we get Pets D:
    Introducing dogs in Pets EP.....
    play_doh_dog.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    What do y'all think? I really don't like the clay over clay type of thing going on for the guy hair, but I like the style.

As for the girl, I don't really like it, I was kind of hoping for curls :*
    I agree completely. I was disappointed in the female hair. I'm tired of all the short hair. We want fun long hair too!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I love the little Lego man! His hair looks like chocolate frosting and good enough to eat. :p I don't scrutinize the hairs so closely so they're all good for me. :)
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    The male hair has a flaw in one colour. I checked the other shades and they didn't have it, but the one I tried first does.

http://www.starwingsims.com/2015/03/26/challenge-hair-styles/
    Your pics show off the hairstyles really well and, for some reason, they look a lot nicer. I like them both.

Thanks! I actually like the female style quite a lot, and I think the male one could be great if they fix it up a bit. They must've been rushing too much. I'd like to use it for some characters when it gets fixed.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The male hair has a flaw in one colour. I checked the other shades and they didn't have it, but the one I tried first does.

http://www.starwingsims.com/2015/03/26/challenge-hair-styles/
    Your pics show off the hairstyles really well and, for some reason, they look a lot nicer. I like them both.

Thanks! I actually like the female style quite a lot, and I think the male one could be great if they fix it up a bit. They must've been rushing too much. I'd like to use it for some characters when it gets fixed.

When? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think the female hair is good my problem is with the bugs that the male one has... :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I think the female hair is good my problem is with the bugs that the male one has... :\

Who cares what it looks like when
    its+free.png

Seriously, i think they never gave us a free hair before.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I was really hoping for more suave/sexy hair for them both... Kind of disappointed. But hey, it's free at least. Even though I won't be using the female one.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Even if it's free I still care. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, but I still care on what it looks like. :\

Besides the other hairs aren't "free" and they're still buggy.
  • Options
    Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    Hey guys, at least they tried. But failed.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Maybe I'm crazy but I like both hairs!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    lady8jane wrote: »
    The male hair is very much like Cullen's from Dragon Age, isn't it?

This!!! I understand the criticisms of the hairstyle, but the fact that it looks so much like Cullen's hair makes me adore it. The female hairstyle is edgy and reminds me of Morrigan.

I like both hairstyles even without the nostalgic reminder, though.

Oh Cullen ::romantic sigh:: As sweet as Alistair, but not nearly as endearingly goofy.

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »

its+free.png

I know it's free but it bothers me that the male hair is buggy, I like the style I love that they were able to give us this but it bothers me that it has texture issues.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I love the new woohoo hair <3

TS4%202015-03-26%2017-19-19-00_zpsyjcratsf.jpg
  • Options
    Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    The new hairstyles have nice highlights in the dark brown color. I like the short female hair. There is nothing like it. It can either be mommy hair or trendy career woman hair.