Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Easter Egg Challenge!

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'll download the patch as soon as i feel awake enough
    21mbz47.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Apparently, the reward for winning is per household. So after this event is over, I don't know if it'll be possible to get them anymore. Which is a little frustrating... Unless, of course, the file for the reward is able to be accessed using buydebug.

I worry that, later down the line, I'll want the item, but will have accidentally deleted all the households that may have them! D: I NEED A GURU TO LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP.

Yeah me too I'm worried, I want to have the bunny permanently the egg decoration would be cool to have too with the different recolours I tried to see what would happen when changing households (and I even got a map bug figures) and the bunny was locked.

Assuming they don't delete the eggs from the game you should always be able to buy the bunny. (I don't think they'll delete the eggs, I agree they're nice to have.) I think they'll just remove them as objects you find freely in the world, in which case you can just use cheats to unlock the bunny or buy the eggs.

Tested bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement on a different household and it unlocked the bunny so that works for sure. :)

Edit: Thanks for the clarification @Writin_Reg !

Okay, that's good news for later on with new households past April. Maybe the bunny will be unlocked after April so anyone can buy it then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    got all my Easter eggs
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    Wow, it took my sim 2 real time minutes to find 8 eggs harvesting his garden and another 10 minutes to find the last two harvesting in Sylvan Glades! Maybe that is because he has the collector trait.

Yes, my Sim finished the Curator so she found four pretty fast from collecting around the neighborhood (one was a duplicate though), plus one in the mailbox. Got to get my family moved to their new house with a basement though because the inventories are really getting full!

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Guaranteed at least one will be in Granite Falls.

Or the secret hoods.

Not everyone has OR though so they wouldn't put one there.

I found 2 in Granite Falls
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Guaranteed at least one will be in Granite Falls.

Or the secret hoods.

Not everyone has OR though so they wouldn't put one there.

I found 2 in Granite Falls

It's random.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I found all ten harvesting their garden (several doubles too) before I even knew about the challenge. Harvesting seems a little OP.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2015
    Posting here in case anyone is curious. I found all of mine through gardening, catching frogs, and even in the mail.

16752382420_b1ed95d007_c.jpg
    16317432854_60047823cd_b.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I just found one in a log in GF.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Posting here in case anyone is curious. I found all of mine through gardening, catching frogs, and even in the mail.

16752382420_b1ed95d007_c.jpg
    16317432854_60047823cd_b.jpg

Aw the bunny is sweet. Is it a toy or just decorative?
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Eggs will only be available to find during April. After that, they will no longer spawn in the world. You do keep the eggs you found and the reward unlock.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Eggs will only be available to find during April. After that, they will no longer spawn in the world. You do keep the eggs you found and the reward unlock.

But....it only works in one save... If we start one after April we won't be able to have the bunny?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I found one while digging up a fossil.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Is it supposed to be an event that gets you something after the event? First thing I did when I loaded the game was the debug cheat to get all 10 eggs. It just told me something would be on the way. (Was just curious what all the new stuff looked like)

Haven't let a day play out yet since I was just testing things. (like getting +60 for max career).

I won't post here what comes though, since I don't want to spoil anything. (Assuming something shows up, the event confuses me.)

You can use the cheat to get all 10 eggs? I'll do that.
    Same. Last thing I need are more goals for this game....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2015

How does it work for rotational players? Can only one of my households in the same savegame unlock the reward or all of them?
    And assuming household A discovers 9 eggs and then it is time to switch to household B and household B finds 1 egg, will household B get the reward in this case?

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Apparently, the reward for winning is per household. So after this event is over, I don't know if it'll be possible to get them anymore. Which is a little frustrating... Unless, of course, the file for the reward is able to be accessed using buydebug.

I worry that, later down the line, I'll want the item, but will have accidentally deleted all the households that may have them! D: I NEED A GURU TO LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP.

Once your sim collects them all in inventory can you save a copy to the library?
  • Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    Can we unlocks these with the career unlock trait?
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I'm so so so so confused!
    I keep seeing 'April'... but my Sim has already found eggs? So if the eggs are only available to find in April, why are the popping up in my world already?! :confounded: Help!
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I'm so so so so confused!
    I keep seeing 'April'... but my Sim has already found eggs? So if the eggs are only available to find in April, why are the popping up in my world already?! :confounded: Help!

Hehe, yeah. I was thinking something along those lines myself, when 'April' was stated, appending in my head, "and the few last days of March." I'm glad that they started the event a little early though. It would be a bummer to announce it today with the patch notes and then make us wait 'til it's actually April to find any eggs.

It seems like a pretty cool/fun little event. Thanks Gurus for including it!
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My sim kids are having fun searching the world for eggs LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Can we unlocks these with the career unlock trait?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "career unlock trait" but if you meant to write "cheat" then yes, you can. Entitlement cheat will outright unlock the bunny plushie and bb.showhiddenobjects will allow you to search "egg" and just buy all 10.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    > @Ayumap said:
    > Lorean Hofer wrote: »
    >
    > Can we unlocks these with the career unlock trait?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean by the "career unlock trait" but if you meant to write "cheat" then yes, you can. Entitlement cheat will outright unlock the bunny plushie and bb.showhiddenobjects will allow you to search "egg" and just buy all 10.

Oops.
    Some notes and clarifications on eggs:

Collections are per household. Once you have unlocked the reward, that is also tied to the household. So, Household A needs to find all 10 different eggs, and so does Household B. This is a time limited collection opportunity. It will run throughout April. The Eggs you collect and the Reward stay in your household inventory forever. You do not need to own any paid DLC content.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    edited March 2015
    I found all the eggs harvesting my garden...finally, having a big garden has paid off. Now where do I find this amazing stuffed bunny?
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
    ericaduh wrote: »
    I found all the eggs harvesting my garden...finally, having a big garden has paid off. Now where do I find this amazing stuffed bunny?

Check your mailbox.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg