Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

1373839404143...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Did you even read my reply? I said it was joke. Can you ever forgive me??? This is exactly how things get blown out of proportion.

@Simulator4, no worries. I don't think s/he was referring your thread specifically. :smile:
    Yeah I wasn't. I can't keep track of all the threads. I forget easily. I'm a she.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Did you even read my reply? I said it was joke. Can you ever forgive me??? This is exactly how things get blown out of proportion.

@Simulator4, no worries. I don't think s/he was referring your thread specifically. :smile:
    Yeah I wasn't. I can't keep track of all the threads. I forget easily. I'm a she.

Cheers, I'll remember that and refer to you properly going forward. Truthfully, I've always imagined you as Bigfoot because of your avatar.

Cheers, I'll remember that and refer to you properly going forward. Truthfully, I've always imagined you as Bigfoot because of your avatar.
    LOL I just love supernaturals and Bigfoot. He's a proud father of his hybrid alien/bigfoot daughter. It's to support the family thread. I tend to always have toddlers in my picture now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

Well, I do love Forest Gump. If you ever go to a Baba Gump restaurant, they have signs of "Run Forest Run" and "Stop Forest Stop" for the waiters. I read the reply now since it wasn't updated when I posted. No worries, we are cool. Humor does help a lot in forums. It's just hard to tell serious from sarcastic posts sometimes on text, so it's just a misunderstanding. Don't worry I'm find forgiving and forgetting. I'm really good at forgetting things. XD

I know who Bubba was but who was Baba? ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    I used to play TS1-3 for fun and enjoyment. NowI play TS4 if I'm needing something to do before bed to give me that extra push to fall asleep.

It works each and every time.

:pensive:
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2015
    WolfEyes wrote: »

Well, I do love Forest Gump. If you ever go to a Baba Gump restaurant, they have signs of "Run Forest Run" and "Stop Forest Stop" for the waiters. I read the reply now since it wasn't updated when I posted. No worries, we are cool. Humor does help a lot in forums. It's just hard to tell serious from sarcastic posts sometimes on text, so it's just a misunderstanding. Don't worry I'm find forgiving and forgetting. I'm really good at forgetting things. XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Gump_Shrimp_Company

its a chain of restaurants world wide; I think the poster misspelled

heres the webpage: http://www.bubbagump.com/company.asp

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    Zolt65 wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Gump_Shrimp_Company

its a chain of restaurants world wide; I think the poster misspelled

heres the webpage: http://www.bubbagump.com/company.asp

I know she misspelled it. That's why I teased her. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

I know she misspelled it. That's why I teased her. ;)

At first I thought she was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g

B)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

I'm sorry for my sharp reply. Thanks for understanding. :)
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Get out while you can was a joke. Hence the smiley face. I debated on Run Forest, Run, but wasn't sure the OP would have gotten the reference since we have people of all ages and nationalities on the forum.
    What about the other parts of your comment? You explained yourself very thoroughly for it to just be a joke. I mean saying people who enjoy the game should avoid the forum... was that also a joke?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2015
    Evan wrote: »
    I didn't want to comment in these kind of threads because it saddens me all the criticism of the game and I don't really want to contribute to it but at this point I'm so angry with this game (even though I do like it) that I think I should, besides I think many people are missing the point here:

The main problem with the Sims 4 is not what's missing, it's the d-mn graphics! You can't make a 2014 game with 2009 or even older graphics! I mean that's a joke. What 2014 game has graphics of 5-10 years ago? It's insane, man. I'd NEVER seen that before in my life, sequel games ALWAYS have better graphics than their predecessors, especially if they are 5+ years apart! So how can anyone possibly say this game is "good"? It may be in every other aspect with future expansions, but with these graphics? The Sims 4 will never be "good" no matter what. If it were a 2005-2010 game, then yes, but it's not, we're in 2015 for Christ's sake. Plum [word edited by moderator] unbelievable.

This game is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. :)
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    We don't need TS4 for drama (or toddlers)... just visit the forums. LOL

Especially when you are out to make it! :o

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • aphh_801aphh_801 Posts: 3 New Member
    The base game itself is a bit disappointing. To be honest I bought the game when it first came out, had a couple of fun days of exploring all the new game had to offer, and then never played again... until the new stuff pack came out. For $70 you would think the base game might have a little more to it. I see a ton of potential though outdoor retreat wasn't disappointing at all. I thought you got a lot of bang for your buck. I'm excited to play Get to Work. For the amount of stuff they offered with outdoor retreat I can only imagine there being way more content with get to work. Although this sort of reminds me of ambitions from the sims 3 which wasn't exactly my favorite. It will at least keep me interested while I wait for the next expansion pack to hit the shelves! Hoping for a generations or something that gives more depth to the story line and of course adds toddlers!!

Sorry I meant Bubba. I was typing fast before my doctor's appointment.
  • AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    aphh_801 wrote: »
    The base game itself is a bit disappointing. To be honest I bought the game when it first came out, had a couple of fun days of exploring all the new game had to offer, and then never played again... until the new stuff pack came out. For $70 you would think the base game might have a little more to it. I see a ton of potential though outdoor retreat wasn't disappointing at all. I thought you got a lot of bang for your buck. I'm excited to play Get to Work. For the amount of stuff they offered with outdoor retreat I can only imagine there being way more content with get to work. Although this sort of reminds me of ambitions from the sims 3 which wasn't exactly my favorite. It will at least keep me interested while I wait for the next expansion pack to hit the shelves! Hoping for a generations or something that gives more depth to the story line and of course adds toddlers!!

I know what you mean. I try to keep it in perspective and look at it like this...

If I would spend $10 for a theater ticket for 2 hours of entertainment, TS4 would have purchased 7 movies for 14 hours of entertainment (some good, some bad, some mediocre). So if I've spent more than 14 hours playing this (and ohhhhh I have), I've gotten my money's worth. :)
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.

Sorry I meant Bubba. I was typing fast before my doctor's appointment.

No worries. Baba Gump is kind of cute. ;) Maybe I'll name one of my sims Baba Gump. lol Hope the doc appointment went well. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)

You post this same exact comment on every other thread.
    giphy.gif
    For what its worth, I think he's right though. If and when we get the eps and stuff to go with what we already have this game is going to rock.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

Everybody knows Bubba! My question is...who's that standing next to him? (Insert pic of favorite famous world figure/celebrity/reality tv star here)

Yes, I know...old, old OLD joke!

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2015
    I reinstalled the game today to test out the patch. I honestly wanted to try out the basements. I do like building in this game, even though it lacks my advanced tools. So...it's still just, meh. The basements are cool, not outstanding and definitely nothing beyond what we previously had in TS3. The one good thing is that the stairs work when stacked, unlike TS3. I built a basement under a house I built long before the patch. It's really small so I wanted to see if the basement would cause any issues. Surprisingly it didn't. And the access to the basement worked out well.

03-26-15_3-30nbspPM_zpszeiw9gzg.png

03-26-15_3-30nbspPM-3_zpsna63iyby.png

03-26-15_3-30%C2%A0PM-7.png

I also tried playing, but I still can't really get into it. I played with this family I had created long ago, but it's still pretty boring for me. I think I'm going to add basements to a couple of my lots and then uninstall again.
    @SimGuruBChick - Why, oh, why does this site always mess up if I link to images on Google+? I hate that I have to see which images are broken and then upload them to Photobucket and then link to them here. It's very annoying. I use Google+, I dislike being forced to use Photobucket or some other service.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love your kitchen. Is the house on the gallery for download?
    edited March 2015
    I love your kitchen. Is the house on the gallery for download?

Thanks! It is in the gallery, but it is from before the patch and it has tons of CC. I really only uploaded it for me to keep track of it. But if you want to see more pics...here is a link: https://plus.google.com/+VeronicaGreeley/posts/MkTQeFkgUCL

And if you think you have some of that stuff, my gallery name is MstyBL95.

ETA - Flarn! I just realized it isn't in the gallery. I saved my Tray folder so it must have been in there. Sorry.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    Cute kitchen!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Why some elders have wrinkles and others don't?