Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

12,000 Years Played of The Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »
    This is actually pretty cool. Having said that it seems like EA being like, "LOOK PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME!!" I don't remember stuff like this happening for Sims 2 and 3 because you know, those games were awesome and everyone knew everyone was playing those.

That's because Sims 2 was awesomeeee.

I typed your reply in DuckDuckGo and got the following notice: Did you mean That's because Sims 2 is awesomeeee? :smirk:

Did I say was? >_> am I one for sims 4.. Nah. Sims 2 is awesomeeee.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I probably shouldn't say this, but assuming 1 million people bought the game and the time period is a half of a year, those numbers really aren't that impressive. But I'm not going to break them down further.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I am pretty sure it is the collective number of hours all the players have played.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    They should show the statistics for Simmers who stopped playing this game. I'm sure it's huge....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    From EA (sorry, not sure if this has been posted before), thought I'd share...

ea_zpsvpprpj5v.jpg

Lol, I think a few on this site actually logged all those number of hours they played. It's amazing what a hand full of people can do when they set their mind to playing a million hours each. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    They should show the statistics for Simmers who stopped playing this game. I'm sure it's huge....

:::slowly raises her hand::: They'd have to include me then, sadly. I'm hoping to get in some more game play once Get to Work is released though.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

"I don't derail"

--

Meanwhile, 12,000 years worth of Gameplay is huge. More impressive is a baby every 3 seconds. Hopefully this encourages family play content.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I tried to starve a sim to death, it took like a million years. why is it such a common death?
  • Freeze014Freeze014 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @dmel25 said:
    > This is actually pretty cool. Having said that it seems like EA being like, "LOOK PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME!!" I don't remember stuff like this happening for Sims 2 and 3 because you know, those games were awesome and everyone knew everyone was playing those.

It happened for Sims 3, so poor memory? At the hight of the game it was played 53million hours a month, for the sims 4 (based on the 12,205 years so far) that comes to 21million hours a month. With the increased competition in the gaming market, I wouldnt call that all that bad (not too good either)

I'd post a link to the sims 3 infographic but not enough posts yet. :wink:
    edited March 2015
    The Sims 12th anniversary info graphic:

The_Sims_12th_anniversary_infographic_the_sims_3.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I wonder how many hours spent in loading screens?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Hmmm.. again, math is not my strong point. I am assuming they have 2 million players by now? Maybe? That works out to 55 hours played by each simmer. I've put in triple that and I don't play it. I know others have put in thousands upon thousands of hours by now. Maybe they don't have quite 2 million players then.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Lack of things to do in the game is what eventually turned me off from playing. But, I have to say, loading screens were the catalyst that I just could no longer tolerate.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

"I don't derail"

--

Meanwhile, 12,000 years worth of Gameplay is huge. More impressive is a baby every 3 seconds. Hopefully this encourages family play content.

Lol how many times are you going to call him out?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member

Lack of things to do in the game is what eventually turned me off from playing. But, I have to say, loading screens were the catalyst that I just could no longer tolerate.

Ironically the loading screens are something that I thought would bother me a whole lot more than they do. I'm actually okay with them. I mean, I'd rather have open world back but it's manageable (for now). But I really do want an answer to my question now, I'm just curious :p
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.

Ironically the loading screens are something that I thought would bother me a whole lot more than they do. I'm actually okay with them. I mean, I'd rather have open world back but it's manageable (for now). But I really do want an answer to my question now, I'm just curious :p

You must be much more fortunate than I am regarding loading times then. I gave up when it just became toooo long :(
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

"I don't derail"

--

Lol how many times are you going to call him out?
    He needs to take a chill pill...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    He needs to take a chill pill...

Just put ol' jack on Ignore....its so lovely :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius