Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I hire a babysitter?

My couple wants to go on a date, they have 1 child (child, not baby). I'm assuming that I can't leave the child home alone, but can't figure out how to get a babysitter for the child. Using the phone I checked 'services' but there was no option to hire a babysitter -which in my opinion is stupid and unrealistic. Anyway.. was wondering how do I get a babysitter? Is it the same when a couple has a baby and the child is automatically warped into daycare? or when the couple goes on their date a babysitter automatically shows up? Or in this game, children can stay home alone?

Comments

• lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I think children can stay home alone now.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    you dont :x
    children stay home alone and babies get warped to daycare
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    There is no babysitter, your sim baby is teleported to daycare. I think at child stage they can stay home alone, in one of my sim families after she got a promotion the mother got off work like 2 or 3 hours after sim school got out and the child was fine staying on the lot alone.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    Wow, fast response. Thank you!
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Children can stay home alone? That seems really bad and inappropriate to me.
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I actually miss the babysitter option.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Rubycube86 wrote: »

They've been able to do it since TS3.
    keep on keepin' on
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    wellllll i was 10 when i could stay home alone so it's not that bad .. i guess
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »

Really? I didn't know that.

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2014
    It breaks my heart to hear this. I totally hate-loved the useless nanny who ignored the kids and watched TV the whole time. She was so real, because I had a useless nanny when I was a kid.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, wish I had known. I had a sim leave her job to care for the kid. That said the babysitter in TS3 was awful. Always come back to find the kids plumbob on red or orange with the babysitter eating ice-cream...
  • JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »

Really? I didn't know that.

yeah, the babysitter in TS3 was for babies and toddlers :)
    10qdhxj.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Jimboola11 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, wish I had known. I had a sim leave her job to care for the kid. That said the babysitter in TS3 was awful. Always come back to find the kids plumbob on red or orange with the babysitter eating ice-cream...

That sounds about right :p
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    I hate that they stay home alone. Why are teens getting jobs as babysitters if there are no babysitters in the game??? I wish there were sitters, and/or you could call other, older family members to stay home with children to take care of them.

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • dakattackdakattack Posts: 1 New Member
    My baby was taken by child service after sims went to work is this a glitch had to reload game and age baby up sim pregnant agagain how do i stop frpm from happening again
  • klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    I loved babysitters/nannies - it just made the game more realistic. But then again, children staying home alone is just as realistic. I stayed home after school/during the summer while my parents worked as young as 10. The minute I could make easy mac my mom decided it was okay lol.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I'm so annoyed! I wish they would give us a well made game.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    My take is that sim children are much more independent and trustworthy than real life children. There is nothing harmful for them in the house. They are all quite sensible so you know they are not going to break a limb or their neck swinging from the chandelier. There are no unsavoury characters to break in and harm them. Kids cannot electrocute or drown themselves and they are not going to starve to death because they can feed themselves with no problem. Personally, I am relieved in not having to deal with the likes of nannies or babysitters.
  • DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    Lol there are no baby sitters. How... Lazy of them, right? :wink:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Lol there are no baby sitters. How... Lazy of them, right? :wink:

There is no social worker either, the babies poof in a magical smoky cloud lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    The real thing (IMO) is that there are not parents in this game. Babies are object and children are 12 years old independent children, our sims can be irresponsible YA till elderhood and then they don´t have to worry about grandchildren either, just party, talk and mingle all their lives
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    babies disappear when the adults leave the house.. they call that 'day care or babysitting' whatever.. its sad i know.
    same as disappearing when your sims get to travel.. its all just sad

• DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I would like to have butlers like in 3.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'm so annoyed! I wish they would give us a well made game.

Answer: The Sims 2.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1