Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mess Around

Was watching a LP today and she had her teenage sim mess around with her boyfriend; basically the teens could woo hoo. DID NOT know that! Learn something everyday!

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2015
    What was once a taboo subject is now something worthy of being base game content. How times have changed!

Personally, I don't care. Make love, not war. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Right, kind of makes me want to have kids now. I lost the urge to have sim babies because of the toddlers fiasco, but now I'm intrigued. Lol
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    :D Yeah, I also thought that was a really cool feature. I only wish teenage pregnancy was a thing in S4. That'd be even better imo. <3.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2015
    it was something people always made mods for anyways, so I guess it was popular enough, probably another reason why they made teens same height as young adults.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Right, kind of makes me want to have kids now. I lost the urge to have sim babies because of the toddlers fiasco, but now I'm intrigued. Lol
    Well teens can't get pregnant so technically it's not really WooHoo. ;)
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Shades302 wrote: »
    it was something people always made mods for anyways, so I guess it was popular enough, probably another reason why they made teens same height as young adults.
    Or they made them the same heights out of pure laziness to differentiate them.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Well, I think since many people in the past wanted their teens to be more adult like, and have more adult options then what they had, to get around making a completely new set of re-sized animations for the teens, they just sorta used the same sized models so they would not need to make new anims, and reuse animations for 'teens,young adults,adults,elders' all these can use all the same animations because they are all the same height model, but you simply can not use the same woohoo anims on a smaller model, because it would stretch the smaller model out and ruin it, so it would be 'make a completely new set of animations, or re-size the current ones to fit the smaller shape', making a new set of animations, you first need to come up with them, new walk, what would the teens walk like for each emotion, what anims would they do while interacting with the things they can interact with, i think if they made the teens smaller, they would have less options to interact with things, thats why children do not interact with certain things, like the painting canvas, it would make sense to have the kid put a little stool up and stand on it to paint on the canvas, but it would require not only a new anim, but a new meshed piece to stand on.... making 1 static pose in a simple program like say blender, it can take an hour or so, depends on weather you know what your making, ive never personally tried to make animations, but I know some people who animate mesh models and it can take nearly a year to perfect a single set of good quality animations for a single model... ... just alas, animating takes allot of time, and if they were pressed for time, it would be easiest to get the most out of what they had with the time given.... idk, just how I see it anyways.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1

Well, I think since many people in the past wanted their teens to be more adult like, and have more adult options then what they had, to get around making a completely new set of re-sized animations for the teens, they just sorta used the same sized models so they would not need to make new anims, and reuse animations for 'teens,young adults,adults,elders' all these can use all the same animations because they are all the same height model, but you simply can not use the same woohoo anims on a smaller model, because it would stretch the smaller model out and ruin it, so it would be 'make a completely new set of animations, or re-size the current ones to fit the smaller shape', making a new set of animations, you first need to come up with them, new walk, what would the teens walk like for each emotion, what anims would they do while interacting with the things they can interact with, i think if they made the teens smaller, they would have less options to interact with things, thats why children do not interact with certain things, like the painting canvas, it would make sense to have the kid put a little stool up and stand on it to paint on the canvas, but it would require not only a new anim, but a new meshed piece to stand on.... making 1 static pose in a simple program like say blender, it can take an hour or so, depends on weather you know what your making, ive never personally tried to make animations, but I know some people who animate mesh models and it can take nearly a year to perfect a single set of good quality animations for a single model... ... just alas, animating takes allot of time, and if they were pressed for time, it would be easiest to get the most out of what they had with the time given.... idk, just how I see it anyways.
    That was quite the read.... I wasn't one of those people who wanted their teens to be more like adults but I guess I can understand what you are driving at. I guess laziness is the wrong word. Rushed would be more appropriate but then they should have delayed the game.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

That was quite the read.... I wasn't one of those people who wanted their teens to be more like adults but I guess I can understand what you are driving at. I guess laziness is the wrong word. Rushed would be more appropriate but then they should have delayed the game.

That's something you and I agree on @EasyToRead , the teens annoy me greatly. While I do defend sims 4 I will not say it is a perfect game. I am waiting to see if their promise of teens having tons more content than sims 3 will hold true. They claimed the reason was so they could focus on new unique animations instead of converting adult ones to it. I've yet to see anything unique except kissing the neck and taking selfies. While they do have a bunch of unique interactions like promise rings and mess around, they have the same animations as the adult versions.

but it doesn't make sense that they talk about property values and complain about youths. Well I can somewhat understand the youths thing. it's kind of common for teenagers to hate other teenagers.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Technically I don't think it's woohoo more like second base :p As the teen sims wear their clothes and not their undies. But I do love the option in the game and it makes it feel more realistic to life. I did an experiment Had a YA male dating a Teen girl every time the messed around he was unsatisfied after messing around everytime they did, so like I said I think that's just second base. As far as teens becoming pregnant that won't happen. for one thing people will think that EA is promoting teenage pregnancy, and another it would raise the rating from T for Teen to M for Mature. Just think of this they added a woohoo skill only to take it away because some people were uncomfortable with it :'( They could have left it hidden for those of us who wanted it into our game but they totally removed it :/
    justlurking.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    What was once a taboo subject is now something worthy of being base game content. How times have changed!

Personally, I don't care. Make love, not war. :p

Cue theme music. B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqz876VkwwY

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2015
    Not going to lie only recently chose the teen option and was very surprised by it. I thought they would just neck on the couch but This subject is clearly still taboo for here, hacks and pregnancies that is
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I think the reason teen pregnancies aren't in the game is because they don't want to...glorify it, if that makes any sense. Mods have shown us how easy it is to get teens pregnant (compared to older games where it was HORRIBLE to get done), so there's an actual reason behind it. For those thinking that "Messing Around" isn't the same as "WooHoo" just because their clothes stay on...lemme teach you something about how woohoo wor--
    I understand the desire to make teens pregnant for story reasons, but teen pregnancy is by no means as easy as the game makes it seem and I can understand EA saying, "Hey, we don't want to put this in our game and make it look like a thing that should happen all the time". They are still incredibly supportive of the modding community, which makes me think that they WANT you to play the game the way you want to. I just think they want you to individually put in the things that most would find uncomfortable.

God, I hope all of that made sense.
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    If you're not doing whatever you're doing out in the open and you're under the covers... Hey... That's woo hoo guys.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I once told a friend of mine that The Sims would never have teen sex, because it would raise the rating. She looked at me with this smirk on her face and said "Never say never." I guess she was right. And, clearly, the reason they allow teens to woohoo (Mess around my tush!) is so that they can attract the younger preteen and teen market they desire so much...you know, the buyer with less discriminating taste (and no, my use of that word doesn't have anything to do with race, etc.) who will buy anything that has the Sims label on it...or so they hope.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!