Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royal Kingdom Challenge by EnblithTheFair (TS2 to TS4)

GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
The challenge description below is based on the text written by the creator of this challenge, EnblithTheFair, back in TS2 days. I was a moderator for her RKC Yahoo group for a while. Please keep in mind the original instructions were written for TS2. I will precede any changes with the word EDIT. Please feel free to make suggestions for adapting this to TS4.

--------------------------------------------------

Do your Sims have a longing for days gone by? Do they want to shout "Huzzah! Long Live the King and Queen!"? Do they have a hankering for good old-fashioned servitude? Then it is your duty to transport them back in time, several hundred years, to live in Good Old Simland! Simland has a King and/or Queen that presides over all of their loyal subjects. It’s up to you to make the strongest Royal family that you can. The fate of the Kingdom depends on you!

The Goal: The point of this challenge is to make a themed neighborhood with a royal family, nobility, merchants and peasants/farmers, and reach 5 generations with at least one family from each category.

To begin:
- Make a new game/universe.
- Make 1 King and Queen for your royal family in CAS.
- Make 3 or less families that will become the Noble class.
- Make 2 or less families that will be the Merchant class.
- Make 3 or less families that will be the Peasant class.

Rules for the Royal Family:
- All money cheats are acceptable.
- You may use building cheats for building their castle.
- The first-born son of the current King and Queen will become the heir to the throne and must never move out of the house.
- The heir to the throne may only marry a Sim descendant from the Royal family or the Noble class, but they may have lovers of any class. (They can marry as close a relation as the game allows).
- The heir to the throne must be the legitimate son of both the king and the queen.
- Any illegitimate children of the Queen would not be a prince/princess but could marry a non-heir Royal or Noble.
- Women of the royal family are not permitted to have a job or live alone.
- Non-heir Peasants may move in as servants to cook and clean.
- (EDIT): There has been some discussion about the Potion of Youth. In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed twice, which added six days to a Sim's life. I think it is fair to say that you could use the Potion of Youth when each Royal Sim is six days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by six days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.

Rules for the Noble Class:
- You may use the motherlode cheat only two times.
- You may use building cheats.
- The first-born son will be the family heir and must never move out of the house.
- Only legitimate children can become heirs.
- The heirs may not marry below their status (they must marry non-heir Nobles or Royals).
- Women are not permitted to have a job. (EDIT): This would also mean they cannot live alone seeing as they would have an expensive lifestyle.
- Non-heir Peasants may move in as servants to cook and clean.
- (EDIT): In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed twice, which added six days to a Sim's life. You could use the Potion of Youth when each Noble Sim is six days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by six days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.

Rules for the Merchant Class:
- You may use the motherlode cheat only one time.
- You may use building cheats.
- Although the eldest son traditionally becomes the heir, if the eldest becomes enemies with his father then any of the children may inherit their father’s house and fortune.
- The heir must never move out of the house.
- The heirs may not marry below their status (they must not marry Peasants).
- Only single women may have jobs. (EDIT: There is no rule against them living alone).
- (EDIT/addition): The Merchant class is able to use the Whipped Cream Cupcake Factory appliance, the Woodworking Table, the easel and the children's Activity Table to make goods to sell.
- (EDIT): In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed once, which added three days to a Sim's life. You could use the Potion of Youth when each Merchant Sim is three days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by three days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.

Rules for the Peasant Class:
- You may use building cheats, but you may not use any other cheats.
- Although the eldest son traditionally becomes the heir, any of the children may inherit their father’s house and fortune.
- The heir must never move out of the house.
- Since they are the lowest rank, Peasants may marry anyone except Royalty. EDIT: To clarify, any eligible person except Royalty. That is, any non-heir Merchant or Noble, or any Peasant.
- You may not use the Potion of Youth on a Peasant since they generally would not live as long anyway.
- Peasants are not allowed to hire any services.
- Anyone may have a job. (EDIT): Although you may choose to keep them poor.
- (EDIT): If a Peasant family has $100,000 cash in their account they may upgrade to Merchant status.
- (EDIT/addition): The Peasant class are also considered farmers, so they can grow crops and fish to earn money.
- (EDIT/addition): There is no rule against single Peasant women living alone.

General Rules:
- You may download houses if you don’t want to build them. (EDIT): If you want to share or find a building in The Sims Gallery, please use the hashtag #RKC .
- Unless otherwise specified you may not use any cheats. No mood or aspiration cheats and no hacks that alter a Sims mood, personality, aspiration etc. You may use 'bb.moveobjects on' only to decorate and move Sims if they get stuck, or if there is a glitch.
- To keep all the families and classes in the same generation, try to play each family for a specified number of days (one Sim-week works well) and then move on to the next family. Play one family from each class before you move on to the next class.
- Roll a dice (or pick from a hat) to determine the aspiration for teens.
- If you feel you may get confused, try to stop your Sims from having an affair until after the heir is born.
- Since reliable birth control was not used in the old days, you must choose 'Try for Baby' each time your Sims woohoo. (EDIT: Since TS4 couples appear to be much more fertile than TS2 couples, there is an option to flip a coin or roll dice to determine whether you choose 'Try for Baby' or 'Woohoo'. See the Options section.)
- Women always take the status of their husbands.
- Illegitimate children below Royalty will take on their mother’s class.
- (EDITED): All Townies are considered Merchants or Peasants. You decide how to identify which is which. You could determine that Townies with certain hair colours represent one or the other. (Example: All townies with black, brown and dark-grey hair could be considered Merchants). Alternatively, go into Household Management and dress half as Merchants and half as Peasants. Townies do not have a significant family tree, so they are less respectable and should not belong to the Royal or Noble classes.
- NPCs are like servants so they may only marry Sims from the Merchant class or lower.
- (EDITED): Try to use only objects that fit within the theme. This means no TVs, etc. if you are doing an historic theme for your neighbourhood. You may use the stereo that looks like a gramophone in the Royal and Noble houses since they would have had paid musicians to play for them at dinners and parties. There is an exception for computers if a Sim requires one for a career (see the "Career Limitations" section below).
- You may not delete gravestones.
- You may use all reward objects unless stated differently. If doing an historic theme, try to hide any modern-looking rewards in an attic or basement.
- Hacks and mods are allowed for the purpose of making the neighborhood more historically accurate. Hacks and mods that make the game easier are not permitted.

Career Limitations:
- (EDITED): Here Enblith listed careers that she felt would be suitable for each class. Since the careers in TS4 are different, I think it should be decided by the player before they begin according to the theme they have chosen. Jobs don't affect the score, nor the gameplay if it makes sense in your imagination. If you would like some suggestions, there are some in the posts below. You may chose to make the lower classes work from home.
- You may not exit without saving if you don’t like the results of work/school chance cards.
- (EDIT/addition): The cheapest computer can be placed in an attic, basement, or a somewhat hidden place (perhaps behind a locked door) only if a Sim requires it for a career. It can only be used to fulfil career requirements that cannot be fulfilled in any other way, and not for fun.

Options:
- If Medieval isn't your style, you could play this challenge with another theme such as Renaissance, Regency, Victorian, Fantasy, Egyptian or Roman. (EDIT): Or modern, futuristic or Sim Nation of 100 years ago.
- If you can’t decide which theme to choose, try advancing the time period every one or two generations. Then you could start at Medieval, then Renaissance, Colonial, Regency, Victorian, etc.
- (EDITED): If you want a harder challenge you could create two kingdoms by having one kingdom in Willow Creek and the other in Oasis Springs (or Newcrest, etc). However, this means two sets of everything: two Royal families, two sets of Nobility, etc.
- If you want to make a society run by women then heirs are first-born daughters.
- To keep track of who belongs to what class you can have each class have a specific hair color (EDIT): and/or clothing. The surname should also indicate a Sim's class.
- You can add a church, monastery or abbey to your neighborhood that you can send Sims to that you don't want to marry. You still must play these Sims. Sims of the Church are considered a separate class and must be added to your play list. You must play Sims of the Church as often as Sims of the other classes. (EDIT): No additional rules were written for the optional Church class. They all live together in the abbey/monastery and they don't marry. I think any further rules would be up to the player's discretion.
- You can add one household for the town witch or wizard. The heir to that family would have no cheat restrictions and would be able to enter any career that you deem to be supernatural, but otherwise would have to live by the rest of the Peasant rules. (EDIT/addition): The Witch/Wizard class is able to use any potion, may have a small TV and is able to use the Future Cube. They should be able to use any small item that might be deemed magical by the player.
- (EDITED): You may use custom content that fits the neighbourhood theme. Pick a theme and try to make your neighbourhood fit that theme as much as possible. However, whether to use custom content or not is your choice. You can still have a wonderful kingdom using the more old-fashioned in-game choices.
-(EDIT/addition 18th Jan 2016): "Trying for Baby" seems to result in pregnancy almost always in TS4. To keep things a bit more random, you may choose to flip a coin or roll dice when a couple has relations. Heads or evens = Try for Baby; tails or odds = Woohoo. No second flip or roll if you don't like the result (if you choose this option for the entire challenge).

Additional rules if these TS2 features are reintroduced:

UNIVERSITY:
- The Royal, Noble and Merchant heirs may move out of the house only to attend university.
- All Royals must attend, but they can drop out after at least completing Freshman year (except for the heir to the throne, he must complete college).
- The Noble Class is encouraged to attend university but it is not required.
- Peasants are not permitted to go to university since Peasants did not receive much of an education.
- The optional witch/wizard would be able to attend university.

PRIVATE SCHOOL:
- Royal and Noble children must get accepted to private school (keep trying until you get accepted).
- Merchant children can only attend private school if their family has at least $5000 cash in their account.
- Peasant children are not permitted to attend private school.

INFLUENCE: Don’t forget to use any influence points that a Royal or Noble Sim gets. Royals and Nobles should be able to influence their subjects/lessers.

NPCs FOR HIRE: If Nannies or Matchmakers are introduced, Peasants are allowed to hire these.

CARS: Only the Royal and Noble classes are allowed to have carriages (cars), but they should have a garage to make them discreet.

Scoring (not compulsory):
Count up all the points when at least one family from each category reaches 5 generations.
1 point for each generation reached.
10 points if every heir for every class is the first-born son. (If you want to make a society run by women then heirs are first-born daughters).
1/4 point for each family friend the Royal family has.
2 points for each heir to the throne who marries another Royal. EDIT: That is, any distant relative that is still a member of a Royal class household, or a Royal in an adjoining kingdom.
1 point for each (EDIT:) Sim who completed an Aspiration before death.
1 point every time a Sim (EDIT:) completes two aspirations before death (this point is in addition to the point above).
1 point for each lot that has all (EDIT:) unlockable objects.
1 point for each different-colored ghost.
1/2 point for each set of natural twin births. EDIT: This means without the Fertility reward or anything that would influence a multiple birth.
1 point (EDIT/addition) for each set of natural triplet births. This means without the Fertility reward or anything that would influence a multiple birth.
2 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts in a family.
-2 points for each Sim that was purposely killed.
-1/4 point for each Sim that marries below his or her status. (EDIT): I think this means for ANY Sim (not just heirs) except Royals, who have no choice. So non-heirs may marry below their status but you lose a point as a discouragement. I have changed this to 1/4 of a point as it is unclear.
-1 point for each infant that gets taken by the Social Worker.
-1 point every time a household member (EDIT:) reaches the extreme of a negative emotion.
-1 point each time you change a Sim's aspiration (EDIT:) before it is completed.

This challenge is very flexible so it can fit your personal tastes. With this challenge you can unite all the families in a neighborhood and give it some sort of structure and goal. If you are not playing for points feel free to bend the rules a bit to fit your playing style. Don’t be afraid to try something different than you normally do!
Post edited by GymeaLillie on

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    I was a moderator there too! o: High-five. *offers high-five*

May I suggest moving the 'If Such and Such is Introduced' to their own sections, under the rules? That way, it looks less cluttered? :)

I believe we can safely disregard the rules about Influence---that hasn't been a part of the series since TS2. (I don't remember private school being in TS3 either, but I could be wrong. . .)

Shouldn't Royals be able to use a Youth Potion as well as Nobility? And if Merchants can use one, shouldn't Royalty and Nobility be able to use two?

Perhaps the rules should specify that Peasants can marry Peasants, townies, and non-heirs except for Royalty. Not "anyone except for Royalty".

Maybe add a rule that says Peasants can buy their way into Merchant status for [X Amount of Simoleons], and Merchants can buy their way into Nobility?

Are Merchants permitted to have non-heir Peasants move in as servants?

Can Noble and Merchant women live alone?

The 'You should assign a hair color or skin tone to each class for the townies so you know which class they belong to' bit shouldn't be in General Rules, it should be in Options. Same with, 'You are encouraged to use custom content that fits the neighborhood theme.'

Why aren't fire alarms necessary in TS4? Because there are no firemen/women yet, you mean? (Come to think of it, what good do they do. . . .)

What are the rules for the (optional) Church class?

Shouldn't the Witch/Wizard class be able to use any potion? Maybe they can have a small TV, as well? Should they be able to use the Future Cube?

Which classes should be able to use the card table? I'm thinking maybe Merchant-Royal, although maybe all classes.

Should the Merchant class be able to use the Whipped Cream Cupcake Factory appliance? Should Merchant kids be able to use the Activity Table, to make pictures to sell?

Should any class be able to use the tea brewer?

If I recall correctly, there was a Black Sheep rule. One person from each class per generation could take any job; a Royal could be a Criminal, etc.

The jobs are, of course, subject to time period, but for the medieval time period, I'd go with:
    ---ROYAL: Athlete (Professional Athlete) career track[?]
    ---NOBLE: Athlete (Professional Athlete) career track[?] Business (Investor) career track[?] Painter (Patron of the Arts) career track[?] Writer (Author) career track[?]
    ---MERCHANT: Fishing. Collecting. Crafting. Painter (Master of the Real Branch) career track. Business (Management) career track[?] Criminal (Boss) career track[?] Culinary (Chef? Mixology? Maybe they own a tavern) career track[?] Entertainer (Comedian? Musician?) career track[?] Writer (Author) career track[?]
    ---PEASANT: Criminal (Boss) career track. Gardening. Collecting[?] Crafting[?] Entertainer (Comedian? Musician?) career track[?] Fishing[?]

2 points for each heir to the throne who marries another Royal.

Does this mean 'another Sim with royal blood' (a.k.a. a cousin), or does this only apply if you're doing the two-kingdoms thing?

1/2 point for each set of natural multiple births (WITHOUT POTIONS).

And without the Fertility reward? Maybe +1/2 point for each set of natural twins, and +1 point for natural triplets?

-1 point for each Sim that marries below his or her status.

Each heir that marries below his or her status? Because non-heirs really can't avoid it, especially down the line.

-1 point each time you change a Sims aspiration (BEFORE IT IS COMPLETED).

*Sim's aspiration

1 point every time a Sim fulfils an impossible want (I WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS ONE, OTHERWISE GIVE 5 POINTS FOR THE LINE ABOVE INSTEAD OF 1).

Maybe 1 point every time a Sim completes two Aspirations?

-1 point for each infant that gets taken by the Social Worker.

That still happens in TS4?

-To avoid confusion, try to stop your Sims from having an affair until after the heir is born.

I'm not sure what confusion there could be about who's illegitimate or not. All you have to do is look at the family tree, right?

-The only service NPCs [Peasants] are allowed to hire are the Nanny and the Matchmaker (OR TS4 EQUIVALENT).

At the moment, there are only three options in the 'Hire a Service' menu. (In the base game, at least.) 'One-Time Maid', 'Scheduled Maid', and 'Pizza Delivery'. Do the expansions have more?
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
  • GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    @SimQueenie9 *Returns your high-five!* I will try to answer all of your questions.

Regarding the questions about what was listed where - I didn't want to change too much. This is how EnblithTheFair set it out. I pretty much copy and pasted it, corrected the spelling, grammar and punctuation (I couldn't help myself), and made some TS4 suggestions in capitals.

Sure, I can move the "IF INTRODUCED" parts to a new section.

Regarding influence, I agree it is pretty unlikely, but I didn't want to change too much or make any assumptions about what will be introduced to TS4.

Regarding the Youth Potion, I agree that Royalty should be able to have it if the Nobles can have it. I had never noticed before that it was missing. I will add it.

Regarding Peasant marriages, well ... yes. I think she assumed we would know it meant they can marry anyone from any class except Royalty - as long it doesn't break any of the other marriage rules for those classes.

Merchants could never buy their way into Nobility so I am reluctant to change that. However, if I get more feedback that people would like that changed, I will add it. Peasant families could become Merchants in an 'Open for Business' amendment that read: "If a Peasant family reaches a level 10 business and keeps that status, the next generation of that family may be promoted to Merchant status." So perhaps I could change it so that if a Peasant family has $X cash in their account they could be upgraded. How much ... $100,000? It would need to be hard to do.

No, Merchants are not permitted to have non-heir Peasants move in as servants (but remember, it is your game).

I doubt Noble single women could live alone because they are not permitted to have jobs and they have a certain lifestyle to maintain. As for Merchant and Peasant single women - there is no rule against it.

Regarding hair colour and custom content - this is how EnblithTheFair set it out, but I can change it.

Why are fire alarms necessary in TS4?

Enblith didn't write any rules for the optional Church class, but rules aren't particularly necessary. They all live together in the abbey/monastery and they don't marry. I think any rules would be up to the player's discretion.

Regarding the optional Witch/Wizard class being able to use any potions, owning a small TV and being able to use the Future Cube - all good suggestions. They should also be able to use any small item that might be deemed magical by the player. I can add this.

I think cards could be used by any class. All non-electrical forms of entertainment are useful in this challenge!

Regarding your questions: "Should the Merchant class be able to use the Whipped Cream Cupcake Factory appliance? Should Merchant kids be able to use the Activity Table, to make pictures to sell?" Sounds good to me!

I think anyone could use the tea. What do others think?

Yes, there was a black sheep rule in regard to jobs. Jobs don't affect the score, nor the gameplay if it makes sense in your imagination, which is why I didn't want to get bogged down with allocating TS4 jobs. I think jobs should be up to the player's imagination. All your suggestions are good though, for anyone wanting some suggestions.

Regarding "2 points for each heir to the throne who marries another Royal". I took that to mean any distant relative that is still a member of a Royal class household, or in an adjoining kingdom.

Regarding multiple births - I think I meant the fertility reward (I don't think there is a fertility potion). I will correct that. I agree with your suggestion regarding scoring.

Regarding "-1 point for each Sim that marries below his or her status." I took that to mean ANY Sim except Royals, who have no choice. Non-heirs may marry below their status but you lose a point as a discouragement. Thoughts?

Yes, she left an apostrophe out and I missed it....

I agree with your suggestion regarding replacing impossible wants with two aspirations.

Yes, infants can still be removed by a social worker in TS4.

Regarding confusion over illegitimate/legitimate children - I don't understand the confusion either. I also don't understand how you could forget what someone's class was, considering their surnames and clothing.

Regarding NPCs - I will reword this.

I hope I didn't miss any of your questions. :-)
    @Gymea:

$100,000 sounds sufficiently difficult. It could just be that I'm incompetent, but whenever I start a Legacy, they spend forever in poverty. (They've yet to save up $10,000, let alone that much.)

Why are fire alarms necessary in TS4?

o: I don't know!

I pretty much copy and pasted it, corrected the spelling, grammar and punctuation (I couldn't help myself)

I totally know how that is! But you missed 'simolians' in the Merchant section.

Regarding the Youth Potion, I agree that Royalty should be able to have it if the Nobles can have it. I had never noticed before that it was missing. I will add it.

And as for whether Royalty and Nobility can use more of them than Merchantry?

I doubt Noble single women could live alone because they are not permitted to have jobs and they have a certain lifestyle to maintain. As for Merchant and Peasant single women - there is no rule against it.

I was asking because there's nothing that specifically says whether or not they can.
    I have updated the original post.

Regarding the Youth Potion, I agree that Royals should be allowed to use it twice each.
    Why not Nobility too?
    Why not Nobility too?

Well, Enblith stated that Merchants and Nobles should receive the same. If enough people want to change any of her rules, I am happy to change them. :-)

But. . .Royalty are practically Nobility, just with a crown on their heads, and Nobility are far more privileged than Merchantry. I just don't see why they should be treated as equals.
    But. . .Royalty are practically Nobility, just with a crown on their heads, and Nobility are far more privileged than Merchantry. I just don't see why they should be treated as equals.

Ok.
  • nikki324nikki324 Posts: 72 Member
    @GymeaLillie Thanks for putting this together. I really loved playing it in the Sims 2 which is why I tried to recreate it for the Sims 4 but I guess it just wasn't the same. I'll definitely try this version.
  • NicolaCupcakeNicolaCupcake Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm definetely going to try this! I think I'm going to turn my church into a sort of orphanage for illegitimate children as well (because if an unmarried servant had a child, she'd definetely lose her position)
    Thanks so much for posting this!
  • SztormciaSimSztormciaSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I Started this challenge few days ago and I've just finished first round around the Kingdom.

Looks like I have some kind of bad luck because till now 10 girls and only 2 boys were born in my Kingdom. Good thing is the Witch got a girl, so yay for witch lineage :)

I also did few changes in the rules to make the game more suitable for my likes.
    - No potions of Youth
    - Royals can take jobs athletic, or painter (also entertainer if I allow them to keep a computer in some dungeon)
    - Nobles can work as: culinary, secret agent, or business (again some of them need computer :/)
    - Merchants can only have part time jobs and sell things they create (they can't paint). I have hard time with this class because I own only base game ans it makes my choices limited. Maybe in future I'll figure something out.
    - Peasants live off the land, they fish, grow and gather stuff

The biggest struggle for me is to keep them entertained without computer. Royals and Nobles have musical instrument and radios. Merchants have books. But still both Merchants and Peasant take most of their fun from good old Woo Hoo :D

More news about my Kingdom as it develops ^^
  • BallintleaBallintlea Posts: 4 New Member
    Amazing, my very first challenge and is going well.
    edited August 2015
    I Started this challenge few days ago and I've just finished first round around the Kingdom.

Looks like I have some kind of bad luck because till now 10 girls and only 2 boys were born in my Kingdom. Good thing is the Witch got a girl, so yay for witch lineage :)

I also did few changes in the rules to make the game more suitable for my likes.
    - No potions of Youth
    - Royals can take jobs athletic, or painter (also entertainer if I allow them to keep a computer in some dungeon)
    - Nobles can work as: culinary, secret agent, or business (again some of them need computer :/)
    - Merchants can only have part time jobs and sell things they create (they can't paint). I have hard time with this class because I own only base game ans it makes my choices limited. Maybe in future I'll figure something out.
    - Peasants live off the land, they fish, grow and gather stuff

The biggest struggle for me is to keep them entertained without computer. Royals and Nobles have musical instrument and radios. Merchants have books. But still both Merchants and Peasant take most of their fun from good old Woo Hoo :D

More news about my Kingdom as it develops ^^

@SztormciaSim That is fantastic! I am so glad you're having fun. This was an extremely popular challenge back in the day and I still love it. I'm not keen on the Potion of Youth either but someone was quite insistent. TS2 Elixir of Life only took a few days off but the TS4 Potion of Youth can take off an entire life stage. I have now reworded it. Merchants are allowed to paint, so get them painting if you wish! That is a good point about computers as every career requires one. I have now added something about this. I think that the cheapest computer can be placed in an attic, basement, or a somewhat hidden place (perhaps behind a locked door) only if a family member requires it for a career. It can only be used to fulfil career requirements that cannot be fulfilled in any other way, and not for fun. For fun may I also suggest chess, guitar and violin.
  • chelseabeltonchelseabelton Posts: 3 New Member
    This challenge looks super exciting!! I will definitely start it soon!!
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    this seems so cool! i have already created my kingdom and right now im building the church for 1 monk and iligitmate children from servant-pheasants. im planning on having my king have quite a few affairs
  • SztormciaSimSztormciaSim Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2015
    It took me a long time but I've finally finished second round around my Kingdom. Yay!

Royal family luckily have a male heir now. It's little Cane von Habsburg. They also hired a maid - Katarzyna Cegła, she was one of NPCs roaming around town and she left two daughters with her aunt to move into royal palace. Two royal princesses have grown up out of their cribs and became little angels with hard personalities. Older twin spends whole days with books and avoids any social events, which worries her parents a lot. In the end she is a princess and soon she'll have a lot of parties to attend. Younger princess is very artistic spirit and plays beautifully on violin, but she never smiles. I don't know what the palace done to this girls, but they are complicated beings.

First noble family had triplets! The oldest daughter has been joined by two sisters and a brother. It seem to bee hard for the oldest child as she is left alone and roams around neighborhood climbing trees and talking to her imaginary friends. But they parent are really too busy with triplets to pay any attention to her. Currently the family is looking for a maid.

Second noble family still wasn't blessed with son. They have two daughters instead. Older of which has already covered all available empty walls with her paintings and can't really understand why it upsets her parents.

Third and last noble family had another set of identical twins. This time it was two boys instead of girls and father of family is already plotting to meet them with royal princesses when they grow older. Speaking of girls they prove to be even more challenging than their royal peers. Older is amazingly eloquent and remembers everything she hears, reads or see, but she uses it to play mean games on anyone who comes near. But her younger sister is even worse. Mother found her once playing with dead cat, she claimed she was creating a piece of art.

Merchant family living in noble area decided they don't have time for children and after their first and only son was born father went on few long and dangerous trips to buy and sell goods in distant lands. Mother left alone with son have shown him how to paint and play a violin. Although she isn't very skilled in this area her son appears to have natural talent in this field and the same as he father know how to do business. Without his mother knowing he already begun to sell his paintings to his noble peers living nearby.

Second Merchant family living in huge mansion away from town and creating wooden furniture for living had till now daughter and son. Older girl grew out as very intelligent young lady that can outwit anyone in discussion and in not afraid to talk to strangers. She already talked with most peasants living nearby and secured herself sort of superior being status among her peers.

First peasant family also had only two children till now, older girl, and younger boy. Their daughter rarely can be seen indoors as she spends most time running around with her peasant friends. She is known to be very caring and helpful little girl and often does little tasks not only for her parents but for her neighbors as well. She was first child born in the whole village and villagers says she is like sign of better future for them.

Second peasant family till now had two boys older of which is his parent's walking trouble. He doesn't help around home at all and instead run into forest and watches clouds passing by. His mother can swear she never saw him smiling, even around his helpful and energetic friend - child of first peasant family.

Last peasant family has house full of girls. Till now three daughters were born under their roof. All of them seem to be very fond of any kind of artistic activity. Their mother at least hopes their will be helpful in kitchen with this mindset of theirs. Oldest girl is confident over measure and can hold her ground in every kind of conversation, although she isn't very intelligent she naturally makes other peers follow her. Middle girl have fiery temperament and little things can make her angry in an instant. Together with their younger sister, still crying day and night in her crib. This household is surely the loudest in the village.

And finally Witch peacefully rises her only daughter Yenefer in friendly and creative environment. Little Yenefer spends whole days on molding, painting and playing a violin. Her mother spends long hours with her telling her stories that enrich her childhood and teach her basics on witchcraft. Witch is the oldest sim in the village and she knows there is limited amount of time she can spend with her daughter so she uses it as she can to pass her knowledge on.

_______

About mechanics:
    1. I decided to reserve ability to sell goods gathered in the wild for Merchants only. Because to whom could peasants sell them? That way Merchants life is focused on travels around world and gathering various rare materials to provide themselves a steady income.

2. About life potions. I guess playing one round on merchants and 2 rounds on nobles/royalty with aging turned off should work similar to potions of youth from TS2.

3. About painting. It simply feels wrong to let peasants paint. They are not the kind of people who could admire it. I may let them have guitars, but Violin and piano are reserved for nobles/royalty.

4. I use random trait generator to pick traits and aspirations for mt growing up sims.

OK it's getting to long, it's time to finish this post.

PS. also tell me which family you like the best and want to hear more about during next round :)
    @SztormciaSim : That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

I have finally finished transferring my royal kingdom from TS2 to TS4 and I am about to start uploading all my buildings to the gallery. I will use the hashtag #RKC.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I am currently playing this and loving it! Well done @GymeaLillie awesome challenge!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • EnblithTheFairEnblithTheFair Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm so glad to see The Royal Kingdom challenge still going! I just got The Sims 4 during the origin sale this weekend! I'm looking forward to trying to recreate my beloved Sims 2 Royal Kingdom neighborhood. Thanks so much for posting and updating Gymea!
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    I'm so glad to see The Royal Kingdom challenge still going! I just got The Sims 4 during the origin sale this weekend! I'm looking forward to trying to recreate my beloved Sims 2 Royal Kingdom neighborhood. Thanks so much for posting and updating Gymea!

*waves* I remember you! Glad to see you still around!
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.

Enblith! So glad to "see" you here! I hope I did your challenge justice in this version. If there is anything that you would like changed, please let me know. After all, this is your challenge! *HUG*
    edited January 2016
    After transferring my kingdom from TS2 to TS4, I have now completed two rounds (edit: I meant two rounds in TS4, there were many previous rounds in TS2). I thought I might write something about how it is all going.

The kingdom's third king, King William III, has just come of age and is engaged to a young noblewoman, Lady Marina Hanover. His two sisters have just moved out of the castle, so a new royal generation should be imminent. Princess Ann has married the brother of the king's fiancée, Lord David Hanover. Princess Victoria is now Mother Victoria as she has just joined the Abbey.

Although the kingdom started with one Royal household, the family's fourth child (second son) started a household of his own. Prince Henry and his wife, Princess Beatrice, still head that household and they have two girls and a boy. The eldest two, Prince Stephen and Princess Alexandra, have just come of age and are ready to be engaged. Members of this Royal household may receive the title of Prince or Princess so long as their grandfather (or grandfather-in-law) was king. Beyond that they will receive the titles of Count and Countess.

Royal and Noble men work in such careers as athletics, business, music, painting, secret agent work, law enforcement or medicine.

The kingdom has three Noble households: Windsor, Hanover and Caesar. Their titles are Lord and Lady. The current generation of Windsors are cousins of the king, as their mother was a princess. The elderly Lord Antony Hanover and Lady Camilla Caesar have an "active" trait and have therefore outlived their spouses and all others in their generation. Most of the next generation are coming of age and are preparing for marriage.

The two Merchant households have undergone the most changes in the transition. In TS2 the Rouge family had a personal grooming home-business, giving makeovers to all the kingdom's subjects, and the Ikebana family were florists. In TS4 there are not yet any home-businesses, nor shops that would suit my theme, so both families work diligently painting, crafting and selling cupcakes. They pay taxes by placing five clay balls in the Royal gardens each week.

Eins, Zwei, Drei - the three Peasant families. Like in TS2, the Eins family grow fruit and vegetables, and the Zwei family catch fish. They used to sell their produce from the front room of their houses but now they supposedly sell straight to the market. The Drei family have turned from gardening to collecting, and they are doing quite well. It is kind of like scavenging I suppose, and it brings in a decent income for a Peasant. They pay taxes by placing ten clay balls in the Royal gardens each week. Extra Peasant children become servants of the Royals and Nobles.

The kingdom has an Abbey where most of the extra Royals, Nobles and Merchants go. Royals change their title to Father or Mother, and the others use the title of Brother or Sister. They are exempt from tax. Every member of the church class wants to live a useful life. One ex-merchant volunteers to be the caretaker. The others take a job, including the women in the interest of making the world a better place. They all have a "good" trait and often leave food for the poor in the church refrigerator.

The kingdom also has a Witch and Wizard. They pay tax like the Peasants. They are foreigners, but the community are starting to suspect that they are more than that. Where are they from? Where did they get their magical devices? Why have blue and purple people been sighted around their home? Why are the women in charge? Why do the daughters inherit instead of the sons? Quite a mystery.

Finally, I have added an additional class, a little lower than Peasants. I love playing homeless Sims for some reason, so there are three vagrants in the kingdom. The first is a travelling minstrel named Lyndsay, who plays the violin very well. She travels from house to house, each morning playing music for a family, then sneaking inside their house to sleep and use the bathroom. She dresses as a man for her safety, and some women find her strangely attractive. The second homeless person, Banjo, spends all of his time in Granite Falls. He carries a small tent with him and makes use of the community facilities. He has recently developed a relationship with the hermit and spends a lot of time at her house. The third person, Marilyn, is a woman who has a small hut that contains only a bed and some candles (the others technically have vacant land that is rarely visited). She is well dressed and pretends to be higher than her station. She refuses to cook, preferring to hang around parks waiting for the gentry to barbeque some food, then joins them. She chats with noblemen at the gym, where she can shower. None of the homeless pay their bills as they have no use for utilities, and they don't pay tax as they don't officially own land.

Well, thanks for reading, sorry it was so long!
  • IslingrShurtugalIslingrShurtugal Posts: 3 New Member
    I just started this challenge and I'm loving it so far.
    I just have a question about marrying Royals...are they supposed to marry nobles? Or do I have to create additional Kingdoms in the other cities?
    And about the marrying part, did I understand it correctly that women always take on the status of their husbands? Which means only women can rise socially, while men always remain in their class?
    In other words, a female peasant could marry a nobleman and become nobility while a male peasant marrying a noblewoman would remain a peasant? :smiley:

And has anyone uploaded their stories on YouTube? I would love to watch whether TS2 or TS4 :smile:
  • IslingrShurtugalIslingrShurtugal Posts: 3 New Member
    @GymeaLillie love your storyline! :)

Do you have your lots and families in your library? I would love to see them, sounds like a huge kingdom already! :)
    I just started this challenge and I'm loving it so far.
    I just have a question about marrying Royals...are they supposed to marry nobles? Or do I have to create additional Kingdoms in the other cities?
    And about the marrying part, did I understand it correctly that women always take on the status of their husbands? Which means only women can rise socially, while men always remain in their class?
    In other words, a female peasant could marry a nobleman and become nobility while a male peasant marrying a noblewoman would remain a peasant? :smiley:

And has anyone uploaded their stories on YouTube? I would love to watch whether TS2 or TS4 :smile:

Hello @IslingrShurtugal

Remember that all the marriage rules only apply to the heir of each household. Basically all heirs can only marry women from the same class or higher, except Royals who can marry Royals or Nobles. You don't have to create additional Kingdoms unless you choose to. Everyone who is not an heir is allowed to marry whomever they like. Before I started I wanted to see if it could be done, so I drew up the entire kingdom's family tree to five generations in advance. I am wondering if I could post it on here somehow.

Yes, women do take on their husband's class and men never change classes. Women "classing up" would only occur in the households of non-heirs. I don't have this situation occurring because my extra Sims don't start their own households. My extras join the Abbey or become servants. However, if you are trying to increase the size of your kingdom, this might occur. My women frequently "class down", however.

I don't have stories on YouTube, but others might.

I hope this all makes sense. Let me know if you are still confused or have any other questions. :smile: