Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In one sentence~ Sing for Gurus' hard works in Sims 4

Comments

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    EatChees wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.
    Argh. These forums are polluted with haters. If you hate the game so much why do you post in its discussion forum? A lot of these comments are not even constructive criticism or feedback they're just plain rude.

My dear, You could not be more wrong. I love the game franchise, I have offered tons of feedback on what I think needs to be done for this franchise to once again be successful. But I am getting VERY sick of EA constantly ignoring their long-time fans and making some dumb watered down game for teeni-boppers. I wan't realism, I want a LIFE simulator with fun elements of fantasy that still have a degree of realism, not a game I would play on Facebook for 3 seconds then get bored. Sims fans want family play, and they once again have failed to deliver that promise. Fans also wanted the charm from sims 1 & 2, and instead we got bro-fist central and woohoo is funny-vile. I am through being Mr. happy polite when it comes to EA thank you very much.

I understand you want more things from this game. I do too. Doesn't mean these developers haven't worked hard on this game.

As for the teeni-bopper thing- the game is rated T so if you're looking for some sort of fantasy game that has strong elements of life to dwell in perhaps you should try Second Life or something.
    Honestly, they didn't work hard enough. They tried to retro-fit an online engine for offline use and now they are paying the price for it.

Sig.png
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    We can give negative feedback all we want, but do we really need to do it in such a passive aggressive way? The sarcastic posts don't really do anything other than mock and it honest to god makes me uncomfortable reading some stuff.

I feel so bad for the gurus, no matter what they did and how they've dissapointed.

Can we all just try not to be rude? Not to eachother and not to the devs.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.
    Argh. These forums are polluted with haters. If you hate the game so much why do you post in its discussion forum? A lot of these comments are not even constructive criticism or feedback they're just plain rude.

My dear, You could not be more wrong. I love the game franchise, I have offered tons of feedback on what I think needs to be done for this franchise to once again be successful. But I am getting VERY sick of EA constantly ignoring their long-time fans and making some dumb watered down game for teeni-boppers. I wan't realism, I want a LIFE simulator with fun elements of fantasy that still have a degree of realism, not a game I would play on Facebook for 3 seconds then get bored. Sims fans want family play, and they once again have failed to deliver that promise. Fans also wanted the charm from sims 1 & 2, and instead we got bro-fist central and woohoo is funny-vile. I am through being Mr. happy polite when it comes to EA thank you very much.

I understand you want more things from this game. I do too. Doesn't mean these developers haven't worked hard on this game.
    They may have worked hard for this game but it isn't showing.... I'm sticking to that.
    Don't forget about the creative team! They made the backdrops wonderfully well. Though, they were such a waste of time. The game wouldn't be the same without them though.

You do realize that maybe if some of these developers see some of these degrading comments they may get discouraged and really start not giving a fudge about future content. Feedback is great but to down right say they haven't worked hard is messed up.
  • Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Oooh this thread started off nicely...

*Heats up water for truth tea*
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

They may have worked hard for this game but it isn't showing.... I'm sticking to that.
    Don't forget about the creative team! They made the backdrops wonderfully well. Though, they were such a waste of time. The game wouldn't be the same without them though.

The Gurus only do what they are told to do, if the higher ones wanted then to do a super realistic game they would do, if they want a game with no plumbobs they will do...
    You can't blame then all, only the ones who have the most influence.

tenor.gif
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

As for the teeni-bopper thing- the game is rated T so if you're looking for some sort of fantasy game that has strong elements of life to dwell in perhaps you should try Second Life or something.
    Honestly, they didn't work hard enough. They tried to retro-fit an online engine for offline use and now they are paying the price for it.
    Yup. They should have just gone through with Sims Olympus and instead of forcing it into the rushed piece of mess we have. Then we might have possibly would have gotten Sims 4 made from scratch sooner rather than later. Now we have to wait 5 years or however long this series last.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    On a positive note, SimGuruBChick rocks.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    @EasyToRead

Yep and if it lasts that long (5 Years). I know Im not buying any more of this game. If this game does not do well we may not get a TS5
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

My favorite is @Simgurudaniel :*
    edited March 2015
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

Yup. They should have just gone through with Sims Olympus and instead of forcing it into the rushed piece of mess we have. Then we might have possibly would have gotten Sims 4 made from scratch sooner rather than later. Now we have to wait 5 years or however long this series last.

If they did made Sims Olympus the hate would be much worse, there would not be a single fan happy, it would be such a miserable idea that it would kill the series, consequently there would be no Sims 5/Real TS4.
    On other hand Sims 4 can still change it's current situation.

tenor.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

My favorite is @Simgurudaniel :*
    He seems nice too. He was very helpful at the first Ask the Sim Guru session I attended.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2015
    You do realize that maybe if some of these developers see some of these degrading comments they may get discouraged and really start not giving a fudge about future content. Feedback is great but to down right say they haven't worked hard is messed up.

@meeoun, I understand your point. But please bear in mind a lot of basic game play features were omitted and instead of fixing issues in the past games that fans complained about, the gurus simply removed the features or simply cheated the fix.
    • Walking through objects is NOT fixing past game routing issues.
    • Slot popping is NOT a solution to add cups to a game!
    • Removing toddlers is NOT fixing the animation issues (which I wager is due to the lazy coded slot popping).

Being told as a customer, "well, we did what was easiest for us." or "I would have had to spend more time working on the game to implement X feature" as though this effort isn't part of their job and we should be grateful that we got this little. Sorry, not at this price. When EA charges fans for a quality game, fans will expect a quality game. No, "too hard" or "too expensive" excuse is going to be accepted if they don't get one. So when some of the fans here are saying that the gurus didn't work hard enough on this project, it is because the gurus themselves have already admitted this.

If you'll notice the passion that SimGuruGraham had for the retail part of GTW. That is the passion that some of us have come to expect from the developers... and not by hearing it from them, but by seeing it in the game. You can tell that TS1 and TS2 were made with passion. You could even see that TS3's base game was made with passion--even if the game was hosed, the gurus took the game in a radical new direction. GTW looks like a lot more effort was poured into it than the base game.

Now they need to put the same amount of passion into fixing the base game, otherwise the EPs won't be able to help make TS4 a lasting iteration.

If you already love the game, then you're lucky and you should be appreciative of the work the devs have done to make the game enjoyable for you. For a lot of players, in regards to the base game, the gurus didn't deliver.

I agree. I wish @SimGuruBChick was promoted to CEO of EA.

tenor.gif
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

If they did made Sims Olympus the hate would be much worse, there would not be a single fan happy, it would be such a miserable idea that it would kill the series, consequently there would be no Sims 5/Real TS4.

Exactly. Olympus was going to be an online game. This game is already made for dinosaur computers. But if you have hamster-wheel internet you could forget about playing the online Sims 4 version.

The Sims 4 will change it's situation and has already taken steps to do so. They are trying. I was shocked they gave us pools and ghosts in a patch... now basements? Yeah it should've been in the base game but they could've been complete d0ches and charged us for it. At least they're trying.
  • Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    'Cause if you want to keep me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, got to love me harder
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

The folks who didn't want to buy an online game would avoid like the plague like me. We know we would hate it and we wouldn't buy it. With Sims 4, you couldn't really tell if you were going to like or hate it. We were ripped off so I disagree. It wouldn't kill the series but it's leading there now. Sims 4 might be able to change it's current situation.... but the question is how long.... How long am I going to wait? It's already been 8 months? How much more? 2 years? 5 years? Enough is enough.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

The folks who didn't want to buy an online game would avoid like the plague like me. We know we would hate it and we wouldn't buy it. With Sims 4, you couldn't really tell if you were going to like or hate it. We were ripped off so I disagree. It wouldn't kill the series but it's leading there now. Sims 4 might be able to change it's current situation.... but the question is how long.... How long am I going to wait? It's already been 8 months? How much more? 2 years? 5 years? Enough is enough.

If no one bought the game, it would be this that would kill the series. I also doubt anyone would be happy without anything new for TS in 5 years

tenor.gif
    What hard work?

are you blind?

No, Just smart.

If no one bought the game, it would be this that would kill the series. I also doubt anyone would be happy without anything new for TS in 5 years
    People would have bought the game. Surprisingly there are some that want an online game. We are getting sidetracked here. It's all speculation about killing the series or not. The point is... I would have preferred Sims 4 that wasn't rushed out with the scraps of Sims Olympus.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2015

To be honest, if they upgrade TS2 and make it playable for computers in 5-10 years, I would be satisfied. They wouldn't have to add content or change the game play... just get it so that it runs on the latest computers with the latest video cards.

Since this is impossible, I want them to make TS4 decent or kill it and make a decent TS5 base game (which would hopefully be a hybrid of a TS3 world with TS2 sims and gameplay).

To be honest, if they upgrade TS2 and make it playable for computers in 5-10 years, I would be satisfied. They wouldn't have to add content or change the game play... just get it so that it runs on the latest computers with the latest video cards.

Since this is impossible, I want them to make TS4 decent or kill it and make a decent TS5 base game (which would hopefully be a hybrid of a TS3 world with TS2 sims and gameplay).

My dream is to have TS2 with TS3's graphics, i'd buy every single DLC for it.

tenor.gif
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    *I got one less problem without you*

tumblr_n9fxagdivu1tfyb5io1_250.gif
    edited March 2015

There is something we can agree on. The Sims 4 graphics was such a blobby mistake.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member

agreed!
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member

There is something we can agree on. The Sims 4 graphics was such a blobby mistake.

THIS X1000000
    Sig.png
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Honestly I'm tired of this mentality were some TS4 fans have suddenly decided that they are the ones who solely get to determine who is allowed to have a say on the forums. You guys say you want 'constructive criticism' yet I never seen any of you all go into the threads that are like 'Toddlers SUCK!!!!!' or 'Stop complaing!!!' and say those threads aren't constructive - which they aren't. You all don't want 'constructive criticism - you just want anyone that's not on TS4 bandwagon to leave. Just know that no matter how much you throw the word 'hater' around it isn't going to happen. We aren't going anywhere.

Also I like SimGuruDaniel and Graham. SimGuruBChick is cool as well. o:)
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top