Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do we do with this SP?????????????

What is the big deal about it? I feel like we were mislead into thinking we could make movies and all it seems to be is clothing items.

Where is the Movie part??????

Comments

• LS_BariLS_Bari Posts: 90 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I didn't buy this SP and I'm not gonna buy it... is the worst one ever made!! I mean they could do something better such as a sp with build and buy objects for the city, new shell buildings and so on... but I dunno what they were thinking about when they chose to make such a bad sp! THE WORST EVER!! (maybe it can be compared to KPST)
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    SPs are not EPs, it is stuff like a glorified store set with no PC. It isn't much more or less than any other stuff pack, if you like the theme you like it; if you don't you don't.

Just as many people love it/like it to hate it/don't care. I don't get what the big deal on hating it, I hate diesel but I don't go to the diesel forum to tell everyone how much I hate it :roll: and I actually wasted money on it (diesel SP) cause I have the collector mentality. Sorry but I love this SP (Movie stuff) as a all time favorite I love it more and more everyday.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    Also, I think the reason they pushed the 'you can make movies' is cause you can with the V key with base game (record mode), it isn't what we would have like it to mean but you can make movies with the game even without this SP.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    What is the big deal about it? I feel like we were mislead into thinking we could make movies and all it seems to be is clothing items.

This is a stuff pack not expansion pack.

You will not get new gameplay with stuff packs. :wink:
  • patspantryplayerpatspantryplayer Posts: 498 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Well at least I can dress my Sim as a super hero
  • edited October 2013
    Well at least I can dress my Sim as a super hero

Not to mention outfits the lair of my supervillian perfectly :lol:
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2013
    So what do we do with this SP?????????????

You do the same as any other SP. You dress your Sims in the clothing, you use the buy/build items for their surroundings.

SPs don't include additional game play.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DJAnnamarieDJAnnamarie Posts: 150 New Member
    edited January 2014
    This set is actually amazing if you enjoy making sims 3 stories for your blogs and such, it opens up a whole new genre of stories without having to go out and ruin your game with third party CC tot get the desired hero look for your sims. I'm not saying all third party CC is bad, but I have had bad experiences with it n the past so I stick to official content.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm disappointed. I thought this stuff pack would include at least one new building, an actual movie set where sims can shoot and star in movies. Not the rabbit hole, like in another EP. I was hoping for some new motives as well. Also, I was hoping when you had a costume party that people would come dressed in one of the costumes. This was not worth the HYPE. Also, unlike other EPs and SPs there is not folder in build/buy that displays all of the items in the SP. SLOPPY!! I want my money back!
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like to use it for my kids/teens bedrooms. :) Same with the dreaded KST sp. I like the furniture for a little girls room.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Sim-mobile is awesome. That zooms anywhere in no time flat.

Granted I like goofy looking Sims and if you do you'll love this.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well I just bought it but have not installed yet... I am waiting for some clever World Builders to build a small town (no roads) to get my cowboy gear on and play an old western type of story (Clint Eastwood type of story!)

I am just to shy to ask anyone in particular to build it for me (or all of us), I think it would be so great with the horses and all that...EA...? (ok, I guess no...they would put roads on it and that would just not work).

There is someone out here that does really nice Fort and Western Worlds, I know his name but I don't want to drop him in this, he might not be interested, but if he were.. how about a little one wit no roads please, just dirt tracks, cowboys and hats and horses!!! and someone could make a Clint Eastwood lookalike... well one can only dream...
  • Rolosim85Rolosim85 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Is anyone experiencing a problem with the games explorer icon that is not there?
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member

Stuff packs don't provide gameplay.
    You're thinking of Expansion packs.
    It's for machinima.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    I bought it, but never used any of the items from this SP. So until I come up with the idea where I can use it, and actually have the time to work for it, then it will always be a waste of money for me.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love superhero stuff, and my sister loves horror and Gothic/Tim Burton stuff, so I definitely am going to use it for a science fantasy world. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I use some of it in Midnight Hollow and Moonlight Falls. I bought it for $5, so I don't mind that I only use a little.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I like it,aside from the Super hero hairs I love the western and horror hairs.Aside from the Super hero stuff I love the horror and western clothing and build/buy objects.And it has 3 new radio stations and umm an outhouse :o
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I'm sorry, but there is only clothing, for me that is the most useless, and "cheap" stuff pack after the Katy Perry Sweet Treats LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    I never understood the point of this SP, myself. To each their own!
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    well, at least this pack does not include any pink candies inspired stuff
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Freezer Bunny Man, yes he can, yes he can....He's Freezer Bunny man.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I use the western stuff alot because I like to play historical themes.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    There is some really nice furniture for the themes as well. I think the point is that the clothing and furniture are movie themed, not that your sim can make movies. The game already has a feature where you can make a movie, if you are so inclined to get really creative like that, but as for playing, if you get bored with the standard game play you could play a western themed game (and there are some nice custom worlds for that) or you could play with superhero's and villains or you could play horror themed game, which would work great with the supernatural EP, zombies, science career. I think it's great cause sometimes the game gets a little same ol' same ol'...ya know?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I really like the STUFF in this STUFF pack- LOL! It's not really supposed to do anything. Now you want to see a useless stuff pack try Diesel! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! Really, like I need my sims in clothes stamped Diesel. Yeah...