Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doctor Career & Pregnancy/NPC Sims

So they've announced that the doctor career, you can deliver babies, and NPC sims in the town will get pregnant, does that mean my sims I'm not playing (my other families) can get pregnant too?) like adding more to story progression? or am I just getting way ahead of myself? lol
I just wish they would add more to story progression :/

-Stilw8tin
-Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore

Comments

• jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    Sorry, I believe it doesn't work like that. The game will generate NPC's that are pregnant - I THINK you'll be able to see some of your played sims come in for an appointment due to sicknesses ( I hope so!) but no pregnant sims from the ones you created.
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    Oh okay! Thanks jegoode! I wasn't sure how it would work :P hehe That's still neat though, :) At least it'll populate the town eh?
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think if you have many households and one or more are pregnant.....I believe u will see them when u are not playing them come in to have a baby at the hospital and the reason I say this is because my legacy family have me playing back and fourth with five different households and sometimes I focus on one household and play for a long time then after 4 sim days I check in with my other household and I see cribs in the oddest places...my preggo sim had the baby or babies...

so that leave me to believe if I play a doctor with one household and stay focused on that doctor career and family for more then 3 sim days I believe I will see one of my own come in and have a baby...now, will I be able to assist in that birth?? I have no clue but I'm sure they would come in the hospital...(Cross fingers, eyes and toes) <3

but far as leaving a household for a few sim days when the sim NOT pregnant... will i see them come in to have a baby?....NO...you will need story progression for that :'( .

( edit) <3
  • bainm1015bainm1015 Posts: 51 Member
    That would be cool if your sims you where not playing got preg ...But then again it would confuse you when you go to play it again
        • :D
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    so wait, if the sim that i am playing is about to have a baby, we cant go to the hospital with her to see the doctor deliver the baby?
    magooo63 wrote: »
    so wait, if the sim that i am playing is about to have a baby, we cant go to the hospital with her to see the doctor deliver the baby?
    if you are playing a sim and she is ready to deliver her baby she can go have it at the hospital like they did on the trailer and she can invite one member of her household to go with her (like hubby, best friend,child ect..) if they live in her household.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member

Actually one of you OWN playable sims is pregnant you can go to the hospital with her and watch an NPC doctor deliver the bab(ies). I think in one blog an alien woman (in disgused as human) was pregant and they (she and her alien husband) went to the hospital and she was delivered by yet another alien-in disguise
    6adMCGP.gif
    oh ok, good that works for me. I thought we were only able to see the doctor deliver babies if you were a doctor.
    bainm1015 wrote: »
    That would be cool if your sims you where not playing got preg ...But then again it would confuse you when you go to play it again
    only an npc can come in the hospital pregnant ...any other sim that YOU created (SIMS IN HOUSEHOLDS YOU PLAY) can only get pregnant if you made her that way...well, now it will be him or her...if they wasn't already pregnant ..they will not get pregnant without you doing it...unless we have story progression.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong <3

brsy wrote: »
    bainm1015 wrote: »
    only an npc can come in the hospital pregnant ...any other sim that YOU created (SIMS IN HOUSEHOLDS YOU PLAY) can only get pregnant if you made her that way...well, now it will be him or her...if they wasn't already pregnant ..they will not get pregnant without you doing it...unless we have story progression.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong <3

Everything you said is spot on :-)
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
    Stilw8tin wrote: »
    Oh okay! Thanks jegoode! I wasn't sure how it would work :P hehe That's still neat though, :) At least it'll populate the town eh?

You're welcome! Unfortunately with no story progression, pregnant NPC's would not populate the world :-/
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Stilw8tin wrote: »
    So they've announced that the doctor career, you can deliver babies, and NPC sims in the town will get pregnant, does that mean my sims I'm not playing (my other families) can get pregnant too?) like adding more to story progression? or am I just getting way ahead of myself? lol
    I just wish they would add more to story progression :/

-Stilw8tin

Hmm that's a good question.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would think that any NPC sims giving birth are game sims, not our sims, because we control our sims, even the ones we aren't playing at the time.
    brsy wrote: »
    if you are playing a sim and she is ready to deliver her baby she can go have it at the hospital like they did on the trailer and she can invite one member of her household to go with her (like hubby, best friend,child ect..) if they live in her household.

MadameLee wrote: »

Actually one of you OWN playable sims is pregnant you can go to the hospital with her and watch an NPC doctor deliver the bab(ies). I think in one blog an alien woman (in disgused as human) was pregant and they (she and her alien husband) went to the hospital and she was delivered by yet another alien-in disguise

Both of these post are saying, if my playable sim is pregnant, i and a family member can go with her and see the delivery but, then, this post from jegoode says something different. only NPC's can deliver
    jegoode wrote: »
    Sorry, I believe it doesn't work like that. The game will generate NPC's that are pregnant - I THINK you'll be able to see some of your played sims come in for an appointment due to sicknesses ( I hope so!) but no pregnant sims from the ones you created.

• niiyykniiyyk Posts: 53 Member
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/the-sims-4-get-to-work-review

some interesting things about doctor and detective careers, maybe some of you didn't read this yet...
  • siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    Thank you for sharing. I hadn't seen that one. It sounds like the doctor career is pretty good. That's the one I'm most interested in. I hope there are lots of different cases in the detective one So it doesn't get boring. Bloated head! I wonder if it is like Theme Hospital.
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    edited March 2015
    If it makes you feel any better, I believe somewhere the Guru's said they have been working on story progression. I don't remember where I read that so don't quote me on that quite yet.

Edit:http://www.simsguysteve.com/could-story-progression-become-a-reality/"]http:/simsguysteve.com/could-story-progression-become-a-reality Here is a link it says that the guru's are thinking about it, but they are being very vague about it, so its a possibility.
    large.jpg
    edited March 2015

Both of these post are saying, if my playable sim is pregnant, i and a family member can go with her and see the delivery but, then, this post from jegoode says something different. only NPC's can deliver
    jegoode wrote: »

The OP specifically suggested that the pregnant NPC's would populate the town. I said it wouldn't - sorry I wasn't clear - I meant to say that any sims you created and played would not get pregnant on their own without your interference because there is no story progression. If you personally get your played sims pregnant, you can take them to the hospital and give birth there only when you're playing them. You would not however, see or deliver your own pregnant sim at the hospital as a doctor.

My apologies for not being clear! :-)

Edit: after rereading the posts, I was actually referring to the first post the OP made. xD Anyhow, the bottom line is the game would not make any of your played sims pregnant without your knowledge. NPC's will deliver your played sims' baby, your played Sim doctor will deliver the NPC's pregnant sims. Make sense? :-)
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"