Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• katakata Posts: 25 Member
    I just started this challenge and have really enjoyed it so far, even though I only have the fifth baby on the way. Would be easier if we still had the twin bug... Anyway, I was wondering if young adults who live in the household and are not the matriarch can have jobs? There's no mention of it in the rules and the rules don't state that young adults have to be moved out right away, either. I can age my first teen up soon and don't need to move her out to make room yet because it's going slow with single births only.
  • pettookpettook Posts: 44 Member
    @kata As long as they are not going to be the matriarch I don't see any problem with YAs having a job. They just take up a spot in the house.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    Luella gave birth to her 9th child, a boy name Allen.

Funny thing is, Luella went woohooeing with a guy with blue skin, and the baby has blue skin.
    Oddball alert!

Allen - Alien
    edited March 2015
    Luella gave birth to her 10th child a girl. /slowly cries. I was hoping for multiplies.
    So far these are Luellas children

Mitch
    David
    Keith
    Felix
    Hugo
    Lenny
    Lili
    Roxanne
    Allen
    Gloria

The children through Mitch - Lili are all YA
    Roxanne, Allen and Gloria are just not even teenagers yet lol.
    > @Juliee101 said:
    > Luella gave birth to her 10th child a girl. /slowly cries. I was hoping for multiplies.

There is always the next time, or the next, or the next, and so on. So many pregnancies.... Does Luella have the fertile trait?
    pettook wrote: »
    > @Juliee101 said:
    > Luella gave birth to her 10th child a girl. /slowly cries. I was hoping for multiplies.

There is always the next time, or the next, or the next, and so on. So many pregnancies.... Does Luella have the fertile trait?

Yea, she does have the fertile trait.
    It's been 4 pregnancies since the last time she had her twins, oh noes.
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    @Juliee101 I think I went 10 kids between multiples. The 2 sets of twins and triplets I had without the fertile trait and then when I added right before Kami got pregnant with Samantha, I only had 2 sets of twins. Hang in there, you can do it. I basically had Kami go find a man almost immediately after having a baby and that's how she had so many. It was exhausting but worth it to make so much progress in the first generation. I almost want to log in and have her get pregnant one more time to make 26 babies and I can do the whole alphabet in one generation lol. I don't know if I should though.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Since my matriarch is done child bearing can she get married? I was just wondering what the rules on that would be.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
    @Rhyanie I feel like since she is still technically the matriarch but not having kids it is a very grey area. For sure once the new matriarch takes over the baby making it would be no problem, but I'm not sure how old Kami will be when that happens.
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    Can the teens get jobs? I just aged my children up because they had an A in school, so now can they get jobs?
    we way too young to get old <3
    edited March 2015
    > @olyanaesme said:
    > Can the teens get jobs? I just aged my children up because they had an A in school, so now can they get jobs?

Yes, teens can get part time jobs. :)
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    @Rhyanie Wow, you're like having a perfect 50/50 boys and girls in your first gen. I have 20 babies now 25/75 boys/girls is what I have. Yes I only got 5 boys. I hope 21 is a boy but I think it's a girl
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I'm doing so many LP's right now (ok I'm including my GTW one I'm planning for Tuesday) but I so want to try this one... idk, maybe soon.
    It may drive me crazy though with all the screaming babies LOL!! My current legacy family keeps having twins and triplets (no fertility reward) so idk if I could deal with having back to back babies all the time and/or multiple birth ones at that! But it looks so fun still...
    @Spacey72659 Yes, join the madness!
  • RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    03-19-15_1-21nbspPM_zpsjwiyabzl.png
    Some of the kids from my challenge. :)
    Post edited by RealBitsyBambi on
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @Spacey72659 Yes, join the madness!

I created a sim for it - I kinda want to mash up this and the Black Widow challenge - maybe let her bring in men to murder for their money HAHAHAHA. IDK.
    I realized my current mash up LP could kinda end up as 100 baby challenge if I keep each generation having 4 kids - I'm kinda mixing a little Alphabet legacy (just really keeping the name thing) and runaway teen (it started as that). So by the Z generation they'd have had 100 kids! LOL. Go figure.

But I still kinda want to add this one too. Maybe play it a little loose, we will see. I'm going to start a GTW LP next week so... with those three going I don't know if I'll have time for 4 (but I like to switch it up so I technically have no reason not too HAHAHAAA)
  • GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    @Ashleigh825 I am enjoying this challenge. I have a question. When the offspring become Young Adults and are still living in the house, can they have jobs?
  • jacquelineojacquelineo Posts: 38 Member
    No. That is against the rules.
    No. That is against the rules.

Are you referring to my question? If so, can you tell me where it says that in the rules? I can see where it says the matriarch and heiresses cannot have jobs, but not the other offspring. I apologise in advance if I have missed it.

edited March 2015
    There is no rule against the "extra" children who become YAs and stay in the household having jobs. If they are ever going to be the matriarch it would be a no no, but otherwise it's fine. Especially since you can have teens (who are not going to be the matriarch) have part time jobs not letting YAs have jobs would seem silly. The downside is they take up space, but if you feel that is a fair trade for a steady income go for it.

That's at least my understanding of the rules :)
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    And it's weekend and my household is full, meaning my matriach will be 11 days at most when pregnant again. She got twin boys out and my current household is:
    Joanne(matriach, adult)
    Amalia(teenage, twins)
    Alexia(teenage, twins)
    Arianne(teenage)
    Sharon(child)
    Jessica(child, first blonde girl!)
    Joël(baby boy)
    David(baby boy)

So now I got 15 girls and 7 boys out. I knew it was time for some boys in the house again and I knew it was twins, bcos her belly was huge!
    edited March 2015
    Fennadev wrote: »
    And it's weekend and my household is full, meaning my matriach will be 11 days at most when pregnant again. She got twin boys out and my current household is:
    Joanne(matriach, adult)
    Amalia(teenage, twins)
    Alexia(teenage, twins)
    Arianne(teenage)
    Sharon(child)
    Jessica(child, first blonde girl!)
    Joël(baby boy)
    David(baby boy)

So now I got 15 girls and 7 boys out. I knew it was time for some boys in the house again and I knew it was twins, bcos her belly was huge!

i dont think because the belly is huge means it is mulptiples.
    like luella just gave birth to 1 child
    and this was how big she was

j5dzk3.jpg

2l9il8y.jpg
    > @Juliee101 said:
    > i dont think because the belly is huge means it is mulptiples.
    > like luella just gave birth to 1 child
    > and this was how big she was

Oh my! Her belly was that huge for only one kid?!? I'd hate to see how big she'd get for triplets. 0.0
    edited March 2015
    > @Juliee101 said:
    > i dont think because the belly is huge means it is mulptiples.
    > like luella just gave birth to 1 child
    > and this was how big she was

Oh my! Her belly was that huge for only one kid?!? I'd hate to see how big she'd get for triplets. 0.0

it would be a dream to get triplets haha. :)

not going to lie I thought it would be twins or triplets but no, a baby girl. dreams crushed right there.
    There is no rule against the "extra" children who become YAs and stay in the household having jobs. If they are ever going to be the matriarch it would be a no no, but otherwise it's fine. Especially since you can have teens (who are not going to be the matriarch) have part time jobs not letting YAs have jobs would seem silly. The downside is they take up space, but if you feel that is a fair trade for a steady income go for it.

That's at least my understanding of the rules :)

@pettook - Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top