Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just ewww...

2...Next

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    You are over-acting a bit. The cuddling between sim parents and their children is an interaction option that tells their child that they are loved by their parents. It's not the same romantic cuddling interaction that sims couples share in the game. I know this because I have clicked on both cuddling option in the game before. :)
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Don't tell my mom this, but my dad's cuddles were the best.

Just saying.

Not creepy at all in my opinion. /:
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I cuddled with my parents all the time as a kid...
    original.gif
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Uh... that's one interaction I really love and think is adorable between parents and children in this game. Too much of the game seems cold and impersonal and the sims don't seem to care about each other or really have too many special relationship specific interactions. I really appreciate the cuddle, kiss cheek, and express love interactions between parents and kids and wish they could continue to use those interactions once the kids become teens.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No, as long as they don't start smooching each other other on the couch or woohoo, its cute and nice to cuddle on the couch with your parents.
    giphy.gif

• MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2015
    I see where your mind is, but it's not like that. :D It's just like snuggling.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited March 2015
    Oh I get it now. It's because this is one of the few things that the Sims here were able to express real emotions. That's why you were so taken back by it. ;)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Oh I get it now. It's because this is one of the few things that the Sims here were able to express real emotions. That's why you were so taken back by it. ;)

That...was funny!

thnom_nom.gif

• KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    You obviously aren't around young children in real life very often.
  • ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    Is that a crime?
    thnom_nom.gif

• AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    > @paramourn said:
    > Your mind is in the gutter. I cuddle with my kids all the time. My husband cuddles with our kids as well. Cuddling is basically hugging while sitting, or even laying a head on a shoulder while sitting next to each other.

hehe, well, to be fair, there are multiple definitions.

From the online dictionary:
    verb (used with object), cuddled, cuddling.
    1. to hold close in an affectionate manner; hug tenderly; fondle.

;) I would never use the word cuddle to describe an activity with a child. When my husband and I cuddle, well, yea, it's different. I can understand where the OP is coming from. However, my guess is that TS4 didn't intend for it to be taken in a "gutter" way..... I hope. lol
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Ashlynne wrote: »
    > @paramourn said:
    > Your mind is in the gutter. I cuddle with my kids all the time. My husband cuddles with our kids as well. Cuddling is basically hugging while sitting, or even laying a head on a shoulder while sitting next to each other.

hehe, well, to be fair, there are multiple definitions.

From the online dictionary:
    verb (used with object), cuddled, cuddling.
    1. to hold close in an affectionate manner; hug tenderly; fondle.

;) I would never use the word cuddle to describe an activity with a child. When my husband and I cuddle, well, yea, it's different. I can understand where the OP is coming from. However, my guess is that TS4 didn't intend for it to be taken in a "gutter" way..... I hope. lol

Here's another version:

: to hold (someone or something) in your arms in order to show affection
    : to lie or sit close together
    : to hold close for warmth or comfort or in affection
    : to lie close or snuggle

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cuddle

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I haven't had the option yet. But hey my Sims do whatever they want to do anyway. I think it's cute to cuddle the Sim kids
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
    > @S100Headache said:
    > Were it not for that vile incest glitch, this wouldn't have been a problem...

Wait.... what? There's a glitch involving incest? lol
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    @ShimmyShimmyYa

I didn't see your question as "overly sensitive" nor did I read you as a "nut job".

There are glitches in the game and the forums are intended to be a place to ask about them.

No one should be ashamed or apprehensive about asking a question, or putting something before a wider audience of fellow Sims players for input.

Anyway, as written above, if the dad isn't "Flirty" you're fine. If he is, then there is a glitch.

Also, given what we see and hear on the news so often these days, it's no wonder that there are those who do a double-take, so to speak, at that which was a number of years ago a given as an ordinary, familial expression of love.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2015
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I knew the interaction was in Sims 2 and I really liked it. (Except for when I didn't realize it would be romantic when used between adults. I had Brandi Broke cuddle with her new daughter-in-law on the couch once, and suddenly they were romantic interests. Oops. But I learned my lesson.) I really missed the interaction in Sims 3. So I'll have to try it now that it's back in Sims 4. I didn't know it was back. :)

And you know what I think we need? A group hug!
    I had the same issue where I didn't realise an interaction was romantic. One of my main couples invited the wife's brother over for dinner. As they were sitting at the table I had the husband throw food or steal a bite or something that I thought would show the brother-in-laws goofing off, next thing I know they're 3 level attraction (soul mates) in love...

...I closed the game without saving :neutral:

I heard the birthday cakes are like this in TS4, where if you lick the icing, you are automatically aged before you even celebrate or blow out the candles!
    > @Miki said:
    > ShimmyShimmyYa
    >
    > I didn't see your question as "overly sensitive" nor did I read you as a "nut job".
    >
    > There are glitches in the game and the forums are intended to be a place to ask about them.
    >
    > No one should be ashamed or apprehensive about asking a question, or putting something before a wider audience of fellow Sims players for input.
    >
    > Anyway, as written above, if the dad isn't "Flirty" you're fine. If he is, then there is a glitch.
    >
    > Also, given what we see and hear on the news so often these days, it's no wonder that there are those who do a double-take, so to speak, at that which was a number of years ago a given as an ordinary, familial expression of love.

I agree with Miki. :) The forums should be a "safe" place to ask questions like that. With their being a glitch in game, it would make me a bit squeamish too. We work so hard on our Sims and spend so much time with them. I would be mortified if one of mine were suddenly glitched into behavior I find less than Sim-ly. Always keep a backup (save as) of your Sims just in case!
    qLr9gBj.png
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I knew the interaction was in Sims 2 and I really liked it.
    The snuggle interaction is adorable. My single father sim, just snuggled his daughter after her mother passed. It was so cute and way more emotional that whatever TS4 has.

5d780c63-debc-4406-aba0-15448c1df2bb_zpsk6ct1tzm.jpg
    d630e768-cb7a-4884-9307-78c11f9f7bc0_zpszvha50ey.jpg

I can't get over the way she looks up at her father. You actually feel like they're related, and sharing a loving parent/child embrace. This is real emotion.

And here's a cute family portrait on her birthday. His little girl is growing up. :)
    88f6a951-9773-4bc8-8e11-a23aebd22843_zps0358kykb.jpg

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I knew the interaction was in Sims 2 and I really liked it. (Except for when I didn't realize it would be romantic when used between adults. I had Brandi Broke cuddle with her new daughter-in-law on the couch once, and suddenly they were romantic interests. Oops. But I learned my lesson.) I really missed the interaction in Sims 3. So I'll have to try it now that it's back in Sims 4. I didn't know it was back. :)

And you know what I think we need? A group hug!
    I had the same issue where I didn't realise an interaction was romantic. One of my main couples invited the wife's brother over for dinner. As they were sitting at the table I had the husband throw food or steal a bite or something that I thought would show the brother-in-laws goofing off, next thing I know they're 3 level attraction (soul mates) in love...

...I closed the game without saving :neutral:

I heard the birthday cakes are like this in TS4, where if you lick the icing, you are automatically aged before you even celebrate or blow out the candles!

One of my Sims got in a bit of hot water -- she was chatting with a couple of her male neighbors, and she bragged to one about her video game prowess...and that made the other one upset. I didn't realize that was under the Romantic category (it was in the selections you get ahead of choosing the different categories)! I've never considered bragging about my Tetris scores or how I beat my opponent at Hearthstone when I had 1 Health left to be particularly romantic...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    hugging.jpg

This depicts it perfectly lol
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2015
    Okay, to all you judgmental people out there....I think it's time for a reality check.

If you've had good experiences being cuddled by your dad as a child, then you're lucky. But for some of us, we weren't that lucky. Let's just say I've had experience with the "other" kind of cuddling...as did more than one of my female cousins. We didn't talk about those things back in The Day, but it sure messed a lot of us up.

So don't go around condemning the OP for their initial reaction. Some fathers automatically start withholding physical affection for their daughters when the daughter reaches a certain age, so as not to be accused of inappropriate behavior. (I wish I had been so lucky).

Be a little sensitive. Granted, the OP comes from a home where displays of affection weren't the norm, but that's no reason to get on her case about her first impression. Now that I know this interaction is in the game, I doubt I will use it.
    Post edited by Jarsie9 on
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    I knew the interaction was in Sims 2 and I really liked it.
    The snuggle interaction is adorable. My single father sim, just snuggled his daughter after her mother passed. It was so cute and way more emotional that whatever TS4 has.

5d780c63-debc-4406-aba0-15448c1df2bb_zpsk6ct1tzm.jpg
    d630e768-cb7a-4884-9307-78c11f9f7bc0_zpszvha50ey.jpg

I can't get over the way she looks up at her father. You actually feel like they're related, and sharing a loving parent/child embrace. This is real emotion.

And here's a cute family portrait on her birthday. His little girl is growing up. :)
    88f6a951-9773-4bc8-8e11-a23aebd22843_zps0358kykb.jpg

So adorable I can't take it the feeels. <3 I really need to start playing Sims 2 :)