Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is next for The Sims 4 after Get To Work?

Comments

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I just want them to add the stuff they took out, before they add new stuff in.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    Haha thanks @GaiaPuma!!! I made it myself with photoshop ;)
    Very cool, mad props on photoshop :)
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited March 2015
    Amiutza wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Also, am i the only one that wants a pool party type of event? It's too complicated to get everyone by the pool in a normal house party.

I think a pool/beach themed GP would be great.

Oh I'd like that too. But until it comes, I'd wish that we could at least host a poolside party at home
    zerbu's mod does that, but dunno if is still working after the patches of march. He modded a pool party.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2015
    I would like a dance EP

not unlike this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_CO86Ld1M

or

some Survivor theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwmhcGbvt0

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm hoping for a carnival/amusement park GP. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Roaring Heights Boardwalk Set + World of Wonder Set from the TS3 Store combined would be amazing. :D

I really want modular roller coasters, Ferris wheels, bumper cars, rollerskating, and all of those fun games you would find in a carnival or amusement park like water tank dunking, dart throwing, and claw machines. Some fun snacks like popcorn, cotton candy, and shaved ice would be cool too. :)

For an EP, I want something family based.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    What the? "Your comment will appear after it is approved" When I have 500 plus posts? Alright... who's the dirty rat?
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
    Try this one more time....

Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets and Seasons and Pets

geico-pig-boots-and-pants-commercial.jpg

What? happy-dancing.gif
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Hopefully the end is coming so we can finally move past this and get Sims 5.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited March 2015
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    They'll probably be like,

"Here is your first EP. Oh and the game is over... Bye!"

and then they walk off with your $60s (or should I say, $30? the game went on sale for the longest time lol - I don't think they earned much)
    Still getting that *bleep* your post will appear after approval" message.... bleh.

I'm gonna go eat dinner.

@Zolt65 awwww im-blushing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    Jimil wrote: »

and then they walk off with your $60s (or should I say, $30? the game went on sale for the longest time lol - I don't think they earned much)
    Sims 4's future is grim and bleak. In the short term they may have profited but in the long term they probably won't. It would be wise if they cut their losses and our pain short. I'll forgive them if they make things right with Sims 5. B)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    > @Kamio said:
    > I bet we get a generations type EP, seasons, a revamp or interesting nod towards Island Paradise - that EP was huge!!!! - and a city slicker/life type EP
    >
    > Oh and a pets one that hopefully brings in even more farming abilities
    >
    > As to new content and or stuff that we have never really seen i don't know. Maybe a hobby centered pack??? Kind of like the sims 2 free time

Tbh freetime was my FAVORITE expansion for TS2, if they brought that back i would be so excited! Maybe they'll put farming abilities in with seasons? Like in ts2.
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    MoonSimmer wrote: »
    Tbh freetime was my FAVORITE expansion for TS2, if they brought that back i would be so excited! Maybe they'll put farming abilities in with seasons? Like in ts2.

I know!!! I loved that expansion pack so much. It is probably my favourite EP ever after Island Paradise. I loved the sewing and pottery skills, fitness and jogging in groups, the nature hobby and the hikes. It really was pure awesomeness :)

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2015
    Looking at this EP survey again http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/99622253626/the-sims-4-expansion-pack-survey-theres-a-new

The first EP is based on the first two options : active career and business owner

So the second EP might be city living + celebrity ? Which is not something I will enjoy
    I'd rather have town living with the possibility to edit the neighbourhood !
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    I'll pick up the expansions after I feel like I've thoroughly explored the base game. I love finding all of the little features down to the very last collectible. lol

Personally I hope we have a generations-type expansion with toddlers since we don't have them yet.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully nothing.

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

The Sims 5 is coming in 5 years whether they stop developing Sims 4 or not. It takes them 5 years to build the new engine.

It was $30 for 9 days after Christmas. Hardly, the longest time.

Sims 4's future is grim and bleak. In the short term they may have profited but in the long term they probably won't. It would be wise if they cut their losses and our pain short. I'll forgive them if they make things right with Sims 5. B)

You make some the largest nonsense up. The CFO (Chief Financial Officer) said the game is doing really well and just green lighted, in his words "a looong stretch of Sims expansion packs". So the idea that the future is "grim and bleak" is only in your mind.

I get it. You hate the Sims 4 and wish it was failing. But it's not. I could casually go on Amazon and it's still one of the best selling PC games, almost 7 months after release, while other highly anticipated games have already fallen.

The Sims 5 ain't coming any faster if you pretend that TS4 is putting EA in debt or something.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    One part of me wants a new beach themed game pack with a live able beach town, but one of my bigger parts of my brain is begging for more family time. Or atleast more things to do with my sims like a Generations expansion will greatly help out a lot! :)
  • Kevsta26Kevsta26 Posts: 137 Member
    I really hope Seasons and Pets come out next! University would be great too!
    Meanwhile, hopefully a Game Pack that focuses on School and Kids/Teens since we got an Expansion based on going to work.
    I also hope a Create a World tool is on the brink of being released, or at least a new Residential World is coming. Hopefully both xD

For the next Expansion, I have a hunch it will be city themed since they have already started designing objects based on the City Living EP concept. I hope Toddlers are patched in before September, and then the second pack can be Generations themed in late September :)
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member

If S4 fail ( and yes i know for you is failure ) S5 shall be very far away. Its sad so many people dont understand that and are blind to see this simple truth. I shall laugh so much then when people who pray for the S4 end waiting for the S5 and wait... and wait... and wait. But you dont know what I meann right ;)
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    You make some the largest nonsense up. The CFO (Chief Financial Officer) said the game is doing really well and just green lighted, in his words "a looong stretch of Sims expansion packs". So the idea that the future is "grim and bleak" is only in your mind.
    I also said profitable short term. I like how you excluded that out. I'm not making up anything.... He's the CFO of the company. You think he would admit to folks out there that game is struggling. Oh please. When I say grim and bleak it's not purely based on finances. The backlash and the reception is one of them. The lacking game itself....etc etc. Don't try to twist things around in your mind. :unamused:
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

If S4 fail ( and yes i know for you is failure ) S5 shall be very far away. Its sad so many people dont understand that and are blind to see this simple truth. I shall laugh so much then when people who pray for the S4 end waiting for the S5 and wait... and wait... and wait. But you dont know what I meann right ;)
    I doubt the threat is true but if there threat of no Sims 5 if Sims 4 fail is true, I'm all for it. They lost their touch and it's time to let go. There will be a void left for life simulation games and I'm sure another developer will snatch it right up.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I also said profitable short term. I like how you excluded that out. I'm not making up anything.... He's the CFO of the company. You think he would admit to folks out there that game is struggling. Oh please. When I say grim and bleak it's not purely based on finances. The backlash and the reception is one of them. The lacking game itself....etc etc. Don't try to twist things around in your mind. :unamused:

Short term profit wouldn't be a green light to more content. If everyone hated The Sims 4, Outdoor Retreat sales and Get To Work pre-orders would be low.
    They aren't, so it's not short term and the future looks good. I excluded profitable short term because you made it up. You have no idea. All we know is pre-orders are high for GTW, Outdoor Retreat was selling strongly. Outdoor Retreat even managed to get to #2 on Amazon, and is still Top 30 on Amazon, even though Amazon just give you a code for Origin anyway. If a Simple Game Pack can hold up that well, it's going great.

And the "backlash" has been there, but not enough where the company has literally had to start the project again, aka Battlefield. Or the game has lost profit and they cancel content early, aka Sim City. It's just haters are louder than lovers. If the Sims 4 was literally a flop, they would have done what they did with Medieval and SC5 and stopped it after the first EP. It's still selling, so they are continuing on.

And just because he's the CFO doesn't mean he's gonna say every game is selling good. They do admit flops, and decide whether something gets the funding or not. If he felt it was a flop, he wouldn't have funded it. The game has had the highest backlash of any of the games, but doesn't mean the game is done like you feel it is.

And if the Sims 4 did get to that situation, EA would simply cut The Sims franchise as a profit tool (especial after SimCity 5) and treat the Sims as a less important game. If you want The Sims 5 to be incredible, you'd be hoping The Sims 4 does at least moderate.
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

I doubt the threat is true but if there threat of no Sims 5 if Sims 4 fail is true, I'm all for it. They lost their touch and it's time to let go. There will be a void left for life simulation games and I'm sure another developer will snatch it right up.

Not really. They may snatch the idea up, but probably wouldn't capture the same vision. There are countless clones of The Sims out there, each one not understanding what The Sims is.