Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These backdrops are killing me.

I wish the worlds in the sims 4 were this big, it's really sad that they are so small I know the backdrops are supposed to make the world feel bigger but they actually make me feel more limited.

0-Les_Sims_4_Au_Travail-1426246798.png

MagnoliaPromenade.jpg
Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg

Comments

• WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    I hate the backdrops. It feels like I'm playing inside a card board box with one side cut away

Don't know about you but when I was a child we had a blast playing in cardboard boxes. Of course home computers didn't exist back then nor did cell phones. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Pathetic.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    I hate the backdrops. It feels like I'm playing inside a card board box with one side cut away

Don't know about you but when I was a child we had a blast playing in cardboard boxes. Of course home computers didn't exist back then nor did cell phones. ;)
    Cardboard boxes were life back then.
    large.jpg
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Pathetic.

If that was aimed at me, I'm sorry you didn't get the joke. If it wasn't, please disregard this post.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Pathetic.

If that was aimed at me, I'm sorry you didn't get the joke. If it wasn't, please disregard this post.
    It wasn't. :|
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    She was referring to the backdrops; shes commented on how bad they are in other threads. :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I had to give you a LOL because I was right there with you in wishing that first pic was the real game. I sat for a minute and just imagined what the game would be like in that Open World. And then I scrolled down and saw the reality of those tiny little lots. And I actually had to laugh. Well done. :)
    giphy.gif

• 8952589525 Posts: 109 Member
    Where did you get that world?!
    Origin: SimmerSmile

Pathetic.

It wasn't. :|

No problem. :) Thanks for the reply.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I guess I look at it different. I know there is a whole world outside of the small periphery of what I see on a daily basis IRL. I think the planet as a whole is a beautiful thing. But I can't live on the whole planet and never will. I will live and die in my small place on it.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    @89525 it is Magnolia Promenade...Sims 4 Get to work neighbourhood + backdrop
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    That is actually a lot of work they put into making those backdrops... They have to create a few for each zone and will be doing this for all future neighborhoods included in a few EPs.

I honestly can't see any player-made neighborhoods ever happening unless they rewrite the whole game which is probably might happening soon anyway.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I guess I look at it different. I know there is a whole world outside of the small periphery of what I see on a daily basis IRL. I think the planet as a whole is a beautiful thing. But I can't live on the whole planet and never will. I will live and die in my small place on it.
    Some people like to travel the world and have new experiences, while this isn't an issue for you it is is an issue for some, if the worlds were bigger, then you could stay in a small area, while others could explore the world.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Some people like to travel the world and have new experiences, while this isn't an issue for you it is is an issue for some, if the worlds were bigger, then you could stay in a small area, while others could explore the world.

My point was though, that it's what is going on in your life that is more important than where you are. :)

I don't live by the grass is always greener mentality.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015

The first pic is not from Magnolia Promenade, it's the Police Station plus the Hospital.

This is Magnolia Promenade:

03-12-15_2-55_pm-2_550400ea9606ee59461b1aa4.png1-sims_4_au_travail-1426247593.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The first pic is not from Magnolia Promenade, it's the Polica Station plus the Hospital.

03-12-15_2-55_pm-2_550400ea9606ee59461b1aa4.png1-sims_4_au_travail-1426247593.png

Does that mean that it is smaller than Magnolia Promenade? :o
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The first pic is not from Magnolia Promenade, it's the Polica Station plus the Hospital.

Does that mean that it is smaller than Magnolia Promenade? :o

Yes.

But in Magnolia Promenade there is still a backdrop :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 8952589525 Posts: 109 Member

Oh, thanks
    Origin: SimmerSmile

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    True. But at least when I look at the horizon everything's the way it should be. I know where I am because the city in the distance is the city I end up in when I go there. In Sims 4 it doesn't make any sense, it's all disconnected islands.
    To compare, Sims 2 (a one lot game):

018_zps0932e3e7.jpg

He's visiting a ruin and in the distance you can see his hotel. And when I go to the hotel and turn around, I can see this ruin in the distance. And this is why I - an open world fan - am fine playing on one lot in Sims 2, and totally lost and isolated and claustrofobic when I play in a Sims 4 neighborhood. That background in Sims 2 doesn't feel like a backdrop.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I find the S4 sky is TOO DARK; the lighter blue allows for your eye to imagine distance. Also, I find that S4 backdrop to be so cluttered with phony backdrop of trees and imaginary buildings that it makes for a sense of claustrophobia. Everything seems to smother you; with S2 there was a sense of departing horizon...S4 is just "in your face".

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    Lol, sims 1 much?

• TamrynnTamrynn Posts: 55 Member
    > @thatdoggonegirl7 said:
    > I couldn't agree more. And it should be Open World.

I may be an aberration but I actually like the ability to travel to different worlds versus being stuck in the one you start in and having to kind of start over in order to move to a new one. Of course I haven't played Sims 3 in a year or more and I have heard they made some tweaks to that process.