March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    The Shire Party Tree
    tumblr_nlko49pMTA1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_nlko49pMTA1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nlko49pMTA1tep20co2_1280.png
    A small Rivendell update with some new roof tops and a lighter wallpaper color :blush:
    tumblr_nll2o3RXiy1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nll2o3RXiy1tep20co1_1280.png
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    This is so beautiful, I've bookmarked this thread because I really enjoy just looking at the pictures. I love how you've blended and painted the mountains in the background, it gives it a truly authentic feel. I can just imagine what this world will look like in a blanket of snow...
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Looking Amazing!!! :D
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    will it be played without cc?
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Oh lovely pics! I see you found the round doors! I was going to tell you about them but you are way ahead of me. I am so looking forward to playing in this when it is done!
  • TheMockingBirdTheMockingBird Posts: 2 New Member
    Those mountains are so sexy ! :')
  • SimonDarkensSimonDarkens Posts: 43 Member
    It looks amazing :D Goodluck on the project
    B)

I will be back.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Gorgeous! I'm looking forward to it.
    Thank you so much @Diancarock that means a lot to me :blush: Oh you're right! I think it will be very beautiful in a snowy landscape. I will try and see if I can make a picture of that :smile: Thank you again for such a nice comment!

@phoebebebe13 Thank you :wink: I'm glad!

@Daethaqt Unfortunately the world will be missing a lot of buildings, as many of them use "The elven buildset" and without them it would look unfinished. I am sorry :( The limited CC I use have been tested in game with patch 1.67 (Latest patch) and have not caused any issues to the game. It doesn't take up a whole lot of space either :blush:

@KarilynMonroe2
    Aw thank you! Yes the round doors was very much needed, so luckily someone on TSR had them up for download :wink: Thank you so much! It's getting closer every day now to be finished.

@TheMockingBird Thank you! :wink:

@SimonDarkens
    Thank you so much Simon! :blush:

@Clayworld
    Thank you! I hope it won't take too long now :wink:
    If I have any time at all, I'll make sims. Right now, I only have Smeagol, Samwise and Rosie Cotton in my studio. I love LOTR and the opportunity to make another massive set of sims may be too much to resist.
    @Gaxili1 cant wait for you to post more pics. It really looks amazing. Did Thranduil work out ok for you? Do you need me to tweak him with skins?

@Clayworld You have Hobbits?! Oh my, can you please send me a link to your studio? :smiley: And thank you for the nice words.

@phoebebebe13 Unfortunately I haven't tested him yet, but I will let you know! Important to make him look right :smile: Simmers often needs a bit of tweaking once out of CAS. I will update once I get him in my game :wink:
    @Gaxili1 thats ok I just know we discussed possibly adding skins to him since you use them but I don't so with skins he might need some tweaking. How is the world coming along ? Hope you have new pics to post. I would love to use your world when it is finished. Dragon Valley is too small for me but I love that type of world :D
    I tried to post pictures, but couldn't.

Here is my studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Clayworld/mystudio

Here is Smeagol: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6867334

Here are Sam and Rosie: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6867386

None of my creations use CC, but they do have a lot of store content. I do use extended sliders, that's why they are short. I understand that the sims will still work in a game that doesn't have extended sliders but if you put them in CAS they will snap back to normal.
    @phoebebebe13 Aah right :wink: I use a default skin for most of my games, so I might need to get him tweaked a bit :) The world is coming along quite all right these days! I will update with a Rivendell picture this evening.
    I am so happy to hear you are going to use it! ^_^ That's exactly one of the reasons why I enjoy building it. Thank you for the nice words as always :blush:

@Clayworld - Your hobbits are wonderful! I have to move Rosie and Sam into The Shire in my middle earth save :-)
    Smeagol is amazing too. I had no idea he would be possible to recreate in the sims :open_mouth:
    Rivendell Update
    Rivendell was made by Crowkeeper at ModTheSims for my middle earth world :blush: I merely just did the waterfalls and trees surrounding it.
    tumblr_nmfte24PfT1tep20co1_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nmfte24PfT1tep20co2_540.png

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @gaxili1 I am just in utter awe looking at the pics of this world. I've bookmarked and look forward to release. I understand you are using cc in it so will there be info on how to dl what is needed for the world as well as sims that are used in it. I've learned to love great cc over the last year. :)
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    That's beautiful, I've always been a huge fan of Crowkeeper's builds, they look so authentic and more importantly are very playable lots. It's fantastic you two hooked up to make this world a realization. Stunning!!!
    Here's Arwen and Aragorn if anyone is interested. No CC, but some store content and extended sliders used. I'm not 100% happy with them, I may redo them later: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8625461
    Arwen%20and%20Aragorn_zpsbw3pvprd.jpg
    Thank you so much @bekkasan :blush:
    There is some essentiel CC (The elven lots that is) but I am not quite sure what dl means. I would really love to elaborate if that's what it meant :smile: Also I am glad you learned to embrace CC, it's almost impossible to build a LOTR world without it in my opinion. I am really happy you like it :wink:

@Diancarock Thank you so much! Indeed, they're not only beautiful but really useful too. We're trying to make it authentic but still functional :smiley:

@Clayworld Oh they are nice :smile: I am certain they will be of use to anyone playing the world once it's released :wink:

I am currently testing some light mods below:
    tumblr_nmjje7Fz7y1tep20co6_1280.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @gaxili1 Love the mountains scene. Reminds me of the valley where my Mom and Dad live up in NC mountains. DL is download. Sorry, my son tells me when I text him I abbreviate too much and he can't figure out what I want. :) Will the cc come with the world or be in a separate download file is what I meant. I've seen a few worlds that have separate files for the cc.
    edited April 2015
    So beautiful! I'm looking forward to this world so much.

I just made Tom Bombadil and Goldberry: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8626387
    Screenshot-268_zpsfaj3mb1e.jpg

Post edited by Clayworld on
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Fantastic looking world! Love midevil type things and this world looks like it will be a gem to play. Looking forward to release.
  • ScreensimmerScreensimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    It looks so wonderful. I'm kinda new at the sims, can I ask you a question? How do you download cc and worlds at the sims? <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top