Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Get to Work actually worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Wait, when was this said because if that is true I am really unhappy about this. I don't want the game using the sims from my bin for anything :(

Those patients have to come from somewhere.
    wJbomAo.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    One of the gurus said you might see your Sims you made in cas visit the hospital but I'm talking about sims your playing if they go into labor and they don't work at the hospital.

Wait, when was this said because if that is true I am really unhappy about this. I don't want the game using the sims from my bin for anything :(

Your more likely to see homeless n pc s coming to the hospital but there is the chance you 'll see your own that you have placed in the neighborhood.

• CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Those patients have to come from somewhere.

Yes the game already manages to generate sims so there's no reason they could do so here without having to raid my bin.

Your more likely to see homeless n pc s coming to the hospital but there is the chance you 'll see your own that you have placed in the neighborhood.

Ok, that's better. I thought they were going to use my bin, but using sims from the neighborhood is fine.

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    $20 max for the expansion it just doesn't have much content to it for the $40 tag. Just a few careers and lackluster downgraded Open For Business with highly limited possibilities.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Yes the game already manages to generate sims so there's no reason they could do so here without having to raid my bin.

Fair enough, but the Sims they generate are usually hideous and have to be deleted right away. Personally, I'm glad my bin's getting raided: I make them as fodder for my played Sims to marry and befriend anyway, so using them as patients and suspects and what have you is exactly what they're there for.
    wJbomAo.png
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I haven't pre-ordered and won't. But I hope it brings meat to the table per say. I have loved Sims for so long, I am willing to give it one more try.

But as of now, I can't say if it is worth or not. They give information on what is added, but they don't give what those added things actually do but staged trailers and one live stream. I noticed right off some of the things I am disappointed about in the base. Saying that it could still bring meat to the table..

Won't know until it is released.
  • Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    I would say this if you have to ask "is it worth it" you do not want to buy it. No one knows if it's worth it but I would say wait and see how others like it. I am buying it because of everything they have in it and because I want more for my game. Also i tend not to worry about what others think, its not saying anything bad about anyone... just like i do not listen to movie critics, if i did i would never see a movie...... :)
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    $20 max for the expansion it just doesn't have much content to it for the $40 tag. Just a few careers and lackluster downgraded Open For Business with highly limited possibilities.
    Your forgetting about Npc shops and bakeries our sins can shop and eat at,the alien world and photography and not to mention this ep has new hairs,makeups and a brand new easy listening station.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I think it depends. If you weren't really interested in a lot of aspects from TS2's open for business and enjoyed the gameplay that was brought in with Ambitions then I'd say the expansion pack is going to be worth it to you because it does seem to offer a lot of the same kind of gameplay. If however the business aspect was what you were most interested then I'd say no, it isn't worth it at all because the latter seems to be lacking.
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    I wish it wasn't $40 but I'm excited to play:)
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited March 2015
    To be honest I'm amazed that the EP's are still the same price on aus. We still pay $50 for EP's. If there was another $10 slapped on top of it then I would debate how much I wanted it.

Anyway...@OP

Yeah I think that it is. Obviously it depends on your style of gaming but for me...someone keen on the active doctor career and business/retail abilities it's well worth it. PLUS I get I muck around with aliens hiding in human bodies.

I won't muck around with the aliens much but I'm sure I'll get a good couple of hours worth of amusement from exploring what they add :)
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 43 Member
    I quite like the look of it, I'm probably going to buy it when it is released. I just worry that it'll be very similar to TS3 Ambitions, where it's frustrating to do in a way.

I really hope that the jobs you get can actually be played as a story, I can't think how to word it but I guess for example, think Bones or Hawaii 5-0 etc. and how they 'find a case' do the whole, look for prints/clues etc and work with it like that. The trailer seems to suggest it but I guess we won't know until it is released.

If I do get it, I probably will have one of my sims own a shop or something haha.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Its hard to say yet as nobody owns it yet!

I can't be fully confident that it is worth it until I play it ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Nobody really knows until the pack is released if I were you I'd wait till then to get information and reviews on the game.