Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Get to Work actually worth it?

Hello, so, I'm sure all of you know about the new ep coming out, and I just wanted to hear all of your opinions. I've already seen some of the trailers of the new jobs and all, I'm liking it, a lot really. But I'm not rich, and I spent a lot of money on the sims before, and I really wanna be sure if I should buy it. Besides, I don't know if my pc can take it, I have some other games like League of Legends, The Sims 4 (uninstalled all of the sims 3 on this pc), minecraft wich shouldn't be a problem obviously.. and that's basically around it. What do you guys think?

Comments

• SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I think it looks super fun. I'm excited especially for the doctor career, aliens (complete with male getting pregnant by an alien), and owning a business. I want to build a bakery. I'm excited for the new baking skill as well. I will definitely get it in 10 days when it comes out.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    From all of what I have seen and read about the first Sims 4 expansion pack. There seems to be a lot of new stuff coming with it, things like new skills, new CAS items, a new type of alien, new build & buy mode stuff. Plus the new active career system, and new OFB. And the new Magnolia Promenade. With all this new stuff, I would say that it's worth it. And we are getting basements back in the new game patch that is to be released the day that GTW is released. :)
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    There are a lot of things in this EP that I really want :) so for me it's worth it and it really seems that it will add a lot to gameplay for me. If money is short and your not sure why not wait and see the feedback from people when the EP comes out, then you might also be able to get a better idea if your PC can take it.
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Active Careers (In depth awesome ones)
    Open for Business
    Photography
    Aliens
    Amazing! So much gameplay! :)
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Hello, so, I'm sure all of you know about the new ep coming out, and I just wanted to hear all of your opinions. I've already seen some of the trailers of the new jobs and all, I'm liking it, a lot really. But I'm not rich, and I spent a lot of money on the sims before, and I really wanna be sure if I should buy it. Besides, I don't know if my pc can take it, I have some other games like League of Legends, The Sims 4 (uninstalled all of the sims 3 on this pc), minecraft wich shouldn't be a problem obviously.. and that's basically around it. What do you guys think?

I think it's too early to make an informed decision. Come back on March 31st/first week of April and read the forums...also look for Let's Plays on YouTube. I especially like LGR's Let's Plays. He's usually very unbiased about what he thinks.

After that, you should be in a better position to make your own informed decision.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :mrgreen:

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • LoveKybabyLoveKybaby Posts: 90 Member
    I think its totally worth it! It include tons of things we've never really had before and some cool stuff that we did have but now its been refined.I am going to get it because,personally, I'm really bored with the base game and Outdoor Retreat.
    Gif_zpsabk3us37.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I feel like the Retail part of the game will have really long-term gameplay potential even if the rest doesn't, and for those of us who like Aliens, being able to make them in CAS is also really long-term gameplay potential. I'm not so sure I'd put up the money for just the active careers personally, but I think I'll get my many-hours'-worth of gameplay out of my $40 for the rest. (Honestly, in cost per hour of entertainment value? The only better bargain I've got is my Netflix subscription.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Everyone has a different opinion on the pack, I personally think it has some really appealing aspects. The retail system is a great addition to the game, but the active careers offer more of a scripted, goal based experience which I think will become repetitive very quickly and doesn't offer long term game play.

You really won't really get any good reviews until the game comes out, and people play it for real.
  • RainePowers1RainePowers1 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2015
    I have been watching the first EP announcement very closely, because I have taken a liking to Sims 4, since it is so much faster than Sims 3 (a half hour to load...really?) But since I have watched the trailers and producers videos, and a few trusted Youtubers thoughts on it, I have gotten behind it. I actually think it may be one of the best Sims EP to come out so far (Supernatural/Apartment Life are still my favorites though). It has quite a few things to add and is worth the $40 or so they want for it.

My favorite things:
    - Cashier tablet checkout
    - Ability to sell ANYTHING made, found/collected, or bought on Build/buy. (not rugs or Fishbowl though...)
    - New type of Aliens, Alien Homeworld Sixam, Aliens in Disguise, make your own in CAS
    - Baking Skill; 70ish new Recipes, Decorate Certain things
    - Photography Skill; Filters for cameras, different size pictures, kids can take pictures.
    - Painting Skill added too; Self Portraits, Portraits of Other Sims, Still Life
    - Many New Items: 4 Doors, 3 Windows, (mostly in buy mode and are related to Careers)
    - House Calls for the Doctor Career (in higher part of career)
    - Arresting Sims!
    - Scientist Career gives you the ability to be a total troll: Potions, and a ray thing to control other Sims moods, make them change their clothes, etc.
    - Ability to pass on a shop to next family member when owning Sim dies.
    - Money from Business is separate from 'Family Funds'
    - Editable Mannequins!
    - Editable Work Outfits

Careers:
    - Story-like Detective Career
    - A Doctors career that sort of tells a story
    - More Open Scientist Career
    - Open-Ended Retail Career
    - You don't have to follow them to work, but it helps to follow all Active Careers

Free:
    - 2 levels of Basements that automatically adjust to Foundations.
    - New level above ground (total of 4 above ground floors)

But:
    - No Home Business (but your Sim can stay at your store pretty much as long as you want.)
    - Cheat needed to edit Hospital and Police Satation. (bb.enablefreebuild) Be careful using the cheat when you delete stuff, as certain aspects/objects are needed for the career.
    - The sickness system seems too mellow.
    - Very small (4 Lots) neighborhood (New World) that is the Retail District
    - No Vehicles
    - No Toddlers
    - No Spiral Staircase
    - No Lockable Doors (but they are working on this)
    - No Assignable Beds
    - Can only manage one Sim at Work a day
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    3 awesome in-depth active careers, retail businesses with a ton of possible options and potential, ALIENS, Sixam, Photography, baking, cool gadgets, Aliens in CAS, Aliens in human disguises, simray and other inventions. I think it's worth it as it has a ton of stuff for an EP. Everyone plays differently though and once it comes out and people start playing for real there will be reviews, and discussions and pics and let's plays...so you can make a more informed decision then. :)
    Did I mention aliens? :P Lol i'd get the EP for them alone! I may be obsessed lol. I can't wait to try everything out though!
    I'd love a live broadcast though.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    No one knows till it is released
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think the EP is packed with tons of great content & we're getting a lot, so it seems worth it to me. I'm looking forward to running a business again & the active careers look so fun. We've had a doctor career in previous installments of the game, but not like the type of gameplay they're giving us w/GTW. Same with detectives. I like having new stuff that's never been introduced in the Sims before.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2015
    That would be better answered after the 31st OR after the 2nd or 3rd of April .....it's hard to formulate a SOLID opinion about a simulation game EP before any simulation is done....are you asking ~~>from what we have heard so far about the game do we feel it may be worth buying or playing?? if so, that could be SLIGHTLY answered depending on what we are looking for to add to our game play (individually) <3

As far as I'm concerned from what I have read and visually seen on the trailers I feel that the game will be worth giving a try to form an overall SOLID opinion later on AFTER the dates listed above...but that's all I can say for right now however, I feel it's still positive feedback because I am willing to look further into it ...when in some cases after reading one blog and seeing one trailer I can be completely turned off by it and shelve it from the gate without looking back. >:)

So, I'm sure in the upcoming weeks after release you will have MANY answers to your question some may be way more OPINIONATED then you were aiming to read about or hear. :o

(edit) <3
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I predict it will bring me more of many things. Mainly frustration and disappointment. But I've still preordered in hopes I am wrong.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I predict it will bring me more of many things. Mainly frustration and disappointment. But I've still preordered in hopes I am wrong.

*lol* really?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think it looks very interesting so far. Depends on what features you would enjoy, I guess.
    -Active Careers: Detective, Doctor, Scientist
    -Open For Business aspects
    -Aliens
    For me, these features for me interest me very much. It sounds very fun!

The only reason I'm waiting is to see if the emotions/reactions will ever be fixed, since they've been wonky for me since the base-game before the recent patches.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yes it s worth it. It s not just about careers.

Your also getting
    The option to create aliens in cas with new skin colors,alien clothing and new makeup and lipsticks.

Lots of new hairstyles and clothing for sims.

A new Easy Listening Radio Station

New rock tunes scattered in the stations we have now.

New interactions for sims.

An alien world

New neighbourhood

New shops that npcs can run so your Sims can shop or eat at the bakery.

Your prego sims can now have a baby delivered at the hospital with an pc doctor.

Photography.

Male pregnancy.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes it s worth it. It s not just about careers.

Your also getting
    The option to create aliens in cas with new skin colors,alien clothing and new makeup and lipsticks.

Lots of new hairstyles and clothing for sims.

A new Easy Listening Radio Station

New rock tunes scattered in the stations we have now.

New interactions for sims.

An alien world

New neighbourhood

New shops that npcs can run so your Sims can shop or eat at the bakery.

Your prego sims can now have a baby delivered at the hospital with an pc doctor.

Photography.

Wait, if we're playing as the doctor, then can our other sims visit this doctor? I'm confused.

Also, random question about aliens: Do they have to be in disguise? Can they just be alien-form? Or would all of the human sims freak out over that?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    One of the gurus said you might see your Sims you made in cas visit the hospital but I'm talking about sims your playing if they go into labor and they don't work at the hospital.
  • FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    I think it's worth it personally. Though if you're a bit on the fence there's no harm in waiting for a lets play or two :) the EP will still be there if you take a little longer to decide. Also if you're concerned if your computer can run the game there are a few websites out there that will look at your computers specs compared to games and see if you meet minimum/reccomended requirements. A few simple clicks on your part.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    i hope it is worth it, and gives more alot more to do!
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
    I think it's worth it personally. Though if you're a bit on the fence there's no harm in waiting for a lets play or two :) the EP will still be there if you take a little longer to decide. Also if you're concerned if your computer can run the game there are a few websites out there that will look at your computers specs compared to games and see if you meet minimum/reccomended requirements. A few simple clicks on your part.

Some YouTube's will be doing lets plays as early as the 30th when they download it.

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I think Magnolia Promenade looks ugly as hell, but other than that, it seems like a decent expansion.

The cheat to edit hidden lots (bb.enablefreebuild) is going to be a godsend, as I've got some plans for the Sylvan Glade (gonna make it a bit more fantastical, maybe with the ruins of an old castle or something, with some necessary amenities like a toilet and bed).

I wouldn't mind playing around with the hospital and police station, too, and I might as well turn the lab into some kind of underground missile silo (thank you, basements!)
    wJbomAo.png
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    One of the gurus said you might see your Sims you made in cas visit the hospital but I'm talking about sims your playing if they go into labor and they don't work at the hospital.

Wait, when was this said because if that is true I am really unhappy about this. I don't want the game using the sims from my bin for anything :(
    Oh yes speaking of the hospital I plan on placing some easy listening speakers in the waiting room.

There is a heart hospital that plays beautiful music in their waiting room so I'm going to do the same with the hospital in game.