Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apple World in CAW

Comments

• caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    I am quite kern on peaches and cherries. Just in case you run short on tree ideas :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    I love that idea Bluebellflora and Caspin's suggestion of peaches and cherries sounds great too. I think that this orchard will be my favorite place to be
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    All the lots are pretty much placed now:

apple.png

I'm not going to be able to upload it with lots because I've been having a problem with exporting worlds recently. So I'll build some of the lots, especially the community ones, and upload them separately.
    apple-signature.png
    Started work on the apple orchard :D

screenshot-29.jpg

screenshot-28.jpg

screenshot-30.jpg

apple-signature.png
    Our little community orchard and pond is finished :D

orchard.jpg
    apple-signature.png
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    That orchard looks amazing! :o
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    Now this is 'multi layered' fun: I'm going to play Sims in Apple World, running Windows boot camped on a Mac...
    Ashpeef wrote: »
    Now this is 'multi layered' fun: I'm going to play Sims in Apple World, running Windows boot camped on a Mac...

Love it! ;)
    apple-signature.png
    School/Stadium & Hospital lots. I'm keeping them really simple but functional. I've had problems in the past with exporting worlds from CAW because of objects on lots (Store items I think) so only some lots will be able to be included. I will upload all the lots separately too though so you can just download them and plonk them into the world.

school.jpg
    apple-signature.png
    Beach

screenshot-37.jpg
    apple-signature.png
    Ah, the beach! That's where I'm living - right there, I tell ya! B)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Oooo! Can't wait. :D
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Should be called 'Bite Beach' I think, as that is exactly where and what it is on the map ;)
    Should be called 'Bite Beach' I think, as that is exactly where and what it is on the map ;)

Great idea - I will! I haven't placed a lot on it though so I shall so I can name it :D
    apple-signature.png
    edited March 2015
    caspinwall wrote: »
    I am quite kern on peaches and cherries. Just in case you run short on tree ideas :)

Ahhh! Apples, Peaches and Cherries. That sounds like quite a nostalgic trip back in time in Computer Land.

Also, you do realise the Town Hall is right at the Core, don't you? Next to the Kernel, I'd say. :D

ETA: And than my Sim might need to find work, so she will go to the Jobs Centre to apply for one ;) . Afterwards she should celebrate with some friends at The Kernel. B)
    caspinwall wrote: »

Ahhh! Apples, Peaches and Cherries. That sounds like quite a nostalgic trip back in time in Computer Land.

Also, you do realise the Town Hall is right at the Core, don't you? Next to the Kernel, I'd say. :D

ETA: And than my Sim might need to find work, so she will go to the Jobs Centre to apply for one ;) . Afterwards she should celebrate with some friends at The Kernel. B)

Ha ha! I've already used The Kernel for the Town Hall ;)

So far I have the Front Row Theatre, Panther Bookstore, Mountain Lion Grocery store, Lion Hospital and Facility, Mavericks School & Stadium, Newton Park (Orchard), Yosemite Park and Beta Way for one of the streets. There will of course be Macintosh Street, Finder Avenue and maybe the Lisa Laundromat?
    apple-signature.png
    I was sure you'd find a way to incorporate all, or at least most, of the OS'es in the world, so I didn't suggest any of those even though I was thinking along exactly the same lines. Now the Lisa Laundromat I didn't envision myself, but that is really a brilliant find! You definitely should add that one.
    Just thought of another - NeXT Drive and of course, Jobs something or other and Wozniak something has to be in there somewhere. Actually, I may change the school name to "The Jobs and Wozniak Academy" maybe :D
    apple-signature.png
    Then that NeXT Drive should prove to be a dead end, don't you think?

And how about Boot Camp, either as a (very) small secondary park or as the name for the Military rabbit hole?

BTW, I played the pun on a Jobs Centre as I guessed the Town Hall would pack a lot of job opportunities in such a small world. And, yes, additionally it 'freed' The Kernel for a Bar or Lounge type venue name.
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    iWorld?
    Then that NeXT Drive should prove to be a dead end, don't you think?

And how about Boot Camp, either as a (very) small secondary park or as the name for the Military rabbit hole?

BTW, I played the pun on a Jobs Centre as I guessed the Town Hall would pack a lot of job opportunities in such a small world. And, yes, additionally it 'freed' The Kernel for a Bar or Lounge type venue name.

He he, I got it ;) the town hall is a 3 in 1 including police and military too. NeXT Drive leads to the OS X community lots and I think the gym will be Boot Camp. Any ideas for the Library and Art Studio? :)
    apple-signature.png
    edited March 2015
    Good thinking on NeXT leading to the OS X Community. And yes, the gym should be a good one for Boot Camp. (A nice alternative might have been Quick Time.)

Considering the Library and Art Studio, Clarus the Dogcow should obviously find a place in one of those two, probably the latter. And maybe she can lend (part of) her name to where she is to be stabled? Something like Claris Hall.
    Or you might prefer Cut & Paste for the Art Studio? After all, Windows may use Ctrl in stead of Cmd but otherwise they copied the whole set z, x, c, v, a, o, s, f, p, b and i from Apple. The only two they skipped were Cmd-w and Cmd-q; somehow they choose that annoying alt-F4.

ETA: For the Lib you may be able to get away with (a play on) Safari.
    ETA2: Now all that's needed is a nice destination for the Mouse. Writing that, I can see The Mouse(trap) as a Late Night Bar thingy.
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
    tamalinn wrote: »
    iWorld?

Now that is BRILLIANT! Especially as the i stands for internet so it's perfect - iWorld it is :D

I will of course be crediting you all with these wonderful names when I upload it <3
    apple-signature.png
    Good thinking on NeXT leading to the OS X Community. And yes, the gym should be a good one for Boot Camp. (A nice alternative might have been Quick Time.)

Considering the Library and Art Studio, Clarus the Dogcow should obviously find a place in one of those two, probably the latter. And maybe she can lend (part of) her name to where she is to be stabled? Something like Claris Hall.
    Or you might prefer Cut & Paste for the Art Studio? After all, Windows may use Ctrl in stead of Cmd but otherwise they copied the whole set z, x, c, v, a, o, s, f, p, b and i from Apple. The only two they skipped were Cmd-w and Cmd-q; somehow they choose that annoying alt-F4.

ETA: For the Lib you may be able to get away with (a play on) Safari.
    ETA2: Now all that's needed is a nice destination for the Mouse. Writing that, I can see The Mouse(trap) as a Late Night Bar thingy.

How about a pet park lot called Clarus Park?
    The CMD + V Art Studio?
    And I'll zone a bar lot too - The Mouse(trap)

I'm trying to add our names in somewhere too......
    apple-signature.png
    I might make a sim especially to live in this world and call her Siri :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png