Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I will always think that Sims 2 had the best family interactions period and would love to see that with more added. I would like to see less hand holding from the game (I can create my own story and cause emotions and drama all on my own thanks). I would love to see emotions that were balanced and not so dependent on objects.

I would love to see more choices in land paint (what if I want to create a pretend stream?) and terrain that forms better than any previous game.
    Give split level choices in houses and give me round walls..this is 2015!

Where are my choice of creating ponds on my lots? Where are my details? Why can't I match clothes and furniture perfectly? I thought with today's tech I could at least do that.

2n69ijl.png

Image rounded walls, on the side of the smaller room, a gazebo towards the front, a small pond where the fountain is, grass your sim could walk through, the sounds of the day (birds singing, traffic noise for cars going by)or night in the air( crickets, owl, once more traffic sounds for cars returning home or going out), a trellis arch way over the fenced in garden spots, an abundance of different trees, bushes, flowers, ...can you? I expected this for today's tech.

For me it goes beyond just the Sims, but the world they live in..

Where are my cars? I loved Sims 2 cars, they didn't go far but added quality to the game.

Where is the friendly cop that may patrol your neighborhood? Where is the 'life' in this life stimulator?

These are just a few things I see and think why is my game so screaming for mods to help me play a game I have loved for many years?

The house is modded to look the way it does..and still it needs more but even some of the modders have left for better games now.

I put only some of visions of what I thought Sims 4 should of had, I could write a short story if not novel of everything I wish was..
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    @83bienchen, I wish there was a love button on this forum and the ability to push it without limits. I love the pictures and the memories were just running through my mind as I looked them. Especially when I came across the one with the turtle, I thought how much I have been taking the past Sims games for granted. That is how a minor pet suppose to look. I am so afraid if Pets is introduced in Sims 4, the minor pets will look something like the chipmunk in Outdoor Retreat. Scary and hard to look at. *sigh*

I am almost wishing they don't do a Pets EP. That makes me sad.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    @83bienchen, I wish there was a love button on this forum and the ability to push it without limits. I love the pictures and the memories were just running through my mind as I looked them. Especially when I came across the one with the turtle, I thought how much I have been taking the past Sims games for granted. That is how a minor pet suppose to look. I am so afraid if Pets is introduced in Sims 4, the minor pets will look something like the chipmunk in Outdoor Retreat. Scary and hard to look at. *sigh*

I am almost wishing they don't do a Pets EP. That makes me sad.

Thank you, @blewis823. :)
    You´re right, the pets were so well done in S3. I also loved how the animations of the caged pets were done in S2, they were even better than in S3, but there were fewer small animals and you couldn´t find them outdoors, which was sad.
    I was disappointed to see how those frogs look like now and that you cannot actually see them in the neighbourhood like you could with the small pets in S4. I read about the chipmunks before I bought Outdoor Retreat and I was disappointed to see that the mesh of those is so poorly done. They still add to the atmosphere of Granite Falls but you´d better not zoom in.
    Still I wish they will do a proper pets addon. I do see the current animals more as neighboorhood decoration. And I like how the insects were done, they look much nicer than the chipmunks and frogs.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2015
    I want a town that is alive - full of sims with differing personalities, sims that go about their own daily lives without intervention from the player. I want story progression back. If we cannnot have an open world, can we at least not have load screens when visiting neighbours?

I want the sims to actually react to their environment, other sim's behaviour, and remember. Our sims need more interactions with each other. Our sims need more spontaneous, yet appropriate behaviour. At the moment the sims' A.I. in 4, is nowhere near as good as it was in previous games. I want my sims emotions to mean something, not just be a manic mood that quickly passes to be replaced with another arbitrary mood, as it is at the moment.

The most important part of a sims game is the sims! The devs seem to have missed this. If the sims don't work properly; if they have poor A.I. then the game is broke. At the moment 4 is broken. Get the sims right, and everything else will fall into place.

And for The Sims 5 I want you to actually use MODERN TECHNOLOGY to make the sims more advanced than they have ever been. The sims basic gameplay has not changed in 10 years! We still have the exact same interactions yet you have reduced the number, reducing the gameplay! We need advanced A.I. We need sims to actually get better with each iteration, not regress like the sims in 4 have. We need a proper open world. We need more advanced interactions, not less!
  • SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sorry this is going to be long... I want to try to convey to the best of my ability what I loved about each game.

Let me start off by saying that I'm a long time fan of Sims, ever since the first game, which I played when I was a child. I fell in love with it straight off. I was enchanted with how you could create people, build their home and see how their lives unfold. I haven't played with anything like it before. As a little girl, I loved playing video games but also loved my doll houses. This was such a great idea.

So Sims 2 is my favourite in the series. To be fair to 3, I haven't played it with all EPs because this toaster (PC), for some reason, struggles with the game. There's another PC in the house that could play it though so I'll give it another go sometime but here's what I liked about each games and suggestions on improvements.

What I love about 1:

-The humour. I honestly don't know how to describe it, other than funny but not in-your-face. It had some wit, slapstick and a bit of silly things. It didn't feel annoying.
    -A lot of things you could interact with. Someone else mentioned it, all of the spa items that came with Superstar were brilliant, you could have a judging competition with Pets, snowboarding and snowball fights in Vacation, etc (can't list them all). All of the Expansion packs were amazing in adding items you could interact with. Even if Sims 2 is my favourite in the series, I miss those items a lot!
    -I actually quite like the aesthetics of the game. It's not super realistic, but had a nice colour palette, which used some muted tones. It made the environment and objects work really well together, looked somewhat realistic but not to the extreme. Sometimes the later games are too bright and crazy coloured for my tastes.

What I love about 2:

-Open community lots, which I can build from scratch, see my Sims inside, interacting with other Sims, buying things and having fun.
    -Great freedom in play style and customization. Love playing one family? Can do that. Love playing rotation style? Can do that. Prefer families over only playing young adults (or vice-versa)? Can do that. Want to mod your game to be medieval? Can do that.
    -Children inherit their parent's genetics.
    -Lots of details and animations. You hardly get pop-up text to REPLACE animations or things you should be able to see. The only instance I can think of is in Bon Voyage tour guides, you don't see what your Sims do, but there's pop-ups (which I really dislike, if you can't already tell). There's lots of different animations too, opening car doors and getting in, playing a game on the PC isn't the same as writing which isn't the same as browsing the web, lots of cute interactions with toddlers and so on. You get the point, more animations, more details.
    -The Sims have charm and it isn't forced. It's mostly random stuff that happen, that is unexpected, which takes you by surprise instead of in-your-face bro humour and so on. Not to say I don't want traits or personality, but take into account random chance events (for example a fire starting is unpredictable), more subtle witty humour and so on. It's not hard to revisit the previous games, so do so, play it for a good week or something and try to see what we see.
    -Keep the Basegame basic, with over the top items being reward objects and/or reserved for expansions. A Basegame needs to be a solid foundation to build on, not have crazy things in right off the bat. Give us basic stuff. Make the Expansion packs work with each other, Sims 2 was very good at this. Everything worked together.
    -Questing and linear gameplay kept to the minimum. I hate those in Sims. As a gamer, if I want to do those things, I play a game on my console. Sims is a life simulator.
    -While CAS was limited compared to other later games, there was things such as animated hair, the outfits had proper textures (no weird shiny glow, jeans looked like jeans, not rubber) and the Sims had nice faces, no pudding going on.
    -Speaking of textures, Sims 2 had quite good crisp textures and if you zoomed in on an item, it wasn't a blurry mess. More details!!!

What I love about 3:

-Traits, but I have a caveat. I still like personality points. Maybe a mixture of both? Traits could be unique quirks while personality points are more for how your Sim behaves day-to-day? Honestly, I'm not sure. It's like, I'd want my Sim self to have 3 points in neat, 2 points in outgoing, 3 points in active and the rest distributed in playful and nice. But on top of that, have cat lover, vegetarian and creative? I don't know if anyone else finds this interesting but just a thought. Otherwise I like the idea of traits.
    -The general scenery. I loved seeing hills, beaches, sunsets, etc. And they weren't fake backgrounds. They are all real places.
    -The open world concept has merit. The only thing that irked me was that some community lots were rabbit holes, like groceries, I'd prefer this to be open. I don't mind rabbit holes for jobs, though some people want to have playable work. Honestly I don't mind either way, as long as there are options for the player to play like they want to. If I don't want to play inside the work, then have an option to automate it, or something along those lines.
    -CASt, ok, while it was super laggy on my PC, sometimes didn't look great (shiny clothing), it's a good idea. It saves a lot of trouble to not have to hunt down lots of custom content just to have a recolour. But even if this wasn't in-game, at LEAST have a tool outside of the game to apply custom textures and colours to things, be it items or clothing. Though I'm sure most people would prefer to have it in-game, it would need to be smooth. Or maybe just limit it to a colour wheel? I don't know. But I loved the idea of having things match and easily customisable, I don't mind if they're in or out of the game, providing there's a software for doing it.
    -The game has some really nice looking objects, that have good meshes. A complaint of 4 is that a lot of things have low polygon amounts. It looks very blocky. I have lots of converted items from 3 in my Sims 2 game because they made some pretty stuff.

What I love about 4:

-CAS, it is an improvement over 3, for sure. Maybe I'm just terrible with 3's CAS, but even with tons of mods and CC, I never managed to make them look like I wanted, while I never had this problem with 2. 4 has non-pudding Sims, they have pretty good proportions (not looking like either long faced horses or eggheads). The only gripe is that it's not precise enough. It could be better. Maybe have sliders as well, or a numerical value. I want to know how much more I can pull on that cheekbone and I want to be able to know how much it is.
    -Whilst there was some things I didn't like about build, how dumbed-down it is, I appreciated the ability to pick up rooms, to resize the foundation, the idea of wall heights, the extra bits of decoration you can put and so on. I hated how there's no terrain tools or that EA doesn't seem to realise how essential MOO and other cheats are. Make those cheats a standard and have a shortcut to use them. I'm not even all that great at building and used them a fair bit.

I'm not sure if that's all, but the gist of it at least. Put all of the good stuff together, refine it, and ask the community feedback. When there's a good feedback, test the game properly (for Will's sake!) and ship it. Now watch the dough roll in.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    What I mean to say is: sims in 2 have flair and some really detailed animations, which is why I love playing it, but Sims 3 immitates life in general the best and that's equally important to say the least (more important for me personally). And that's exactly what Sims 4 should have contained. Sims with flair from 2 and real life and environment from 3.

That's what I have been saying from the beginning. I want the best game play from TS2 to be put in TS3 open world and graphics. Then I will be content.

With CASt from Sims 3.

Yes, you got it :) , with CASt please.

I am not a creative person, but I do enjoy all pretty buildings and creations from the talented builders in TS3. I spent $$$$ for TS3 contents alone (not including another $$$$ that I spent to upgrade my pc), but I don't regret it a bit. Because I enjoy it. As I said many times, if I enjoy something, I won't mind parting with my money. I could have spent double or even triple that amount if EA had given me my vision game. But no, they chose to save me my money and presented me with TS4 instead. Therefore, I spent not even one penny for TS4, at the moment.

I agree 100%.

As I said elsewhere, I feel as if EA gave my play-style the finger with TS4. I can't understand their hubris - all the talk about their 'vision' and how we should change the way we play to adapt to the game - it mystifies me. Okay, you worked hard to produce a game (I guess they worked hard on it, I don't see proof of that, but I guess they must have from the way they are acting), but the consumers do not *owe* EAxis anything. We aren't obligated to buy the game unless it will be fun for us, as individuals, to play. If TS4 doesn't sell it is because EAxis didn't hold up their end of the consumer bargain.

My vision for the next generation of The Sims would include almost everything from TS2 - Wants and Fears, Failure States with Social Bunnies and the Invisible Shrink, cut-scenes and mini-games (like the Headmaster challenge), all seven life-stages (they could throw in pre-teen and Middle Aged if they want to impress me), the ability to *easily* create (or at least customize) my neighborhoods, multiple neighborhoods with their own stories and style, the scrapbook/ memory system (I miss that desperately), and, most importantly, I want the humor back. I want that just-slightly-off-center, sly wit that was so prevalent in TS2 and TS1. I want my teens to drive milk straight out of the container and slide down stair-banisters when they think no one is looking. I even want the animated hair that TS2 had and TS3 didn't.

From TS3 I want the Open World and CASt and Traits that have actual impact on the way the Sims act. The one thing that holds me back from really enjoying my TS2 Ultimate Collection is that I can't decorate the way I want to and I can't change the colors of my Sims' outfits. I don't mind rabbithole career bases - they work fine and let me have some time when I have one or two less Sims to take care of - but no Rabbithole restaurants or shops, please. I don't care if I have to wait for an EP to get proper restaurants and shops, just so long as I can customize them, follow my Sim inside and even have my Sims run and own them. Sims can have fewer Traits if they are actually deeper - I don't want any 'evil showers' or 'extreme naps', but I'd love it if my evil Sims had special actions, like the ability to trip another Sim and then blame it on a third party. If my Sim has the 'extreme' Trait, I want to see them perform special animations to show just how extreme they are. If Sim A is talking to Sim B who has the Neurotic trait I want Sim A to roll their eyes or make the circle-to-the-temple gesture during the conversation. I want Loner Sims to make a talk-to-the-hand gesture and walk away when their social bar is filled. I want Nurturing Sims to fluff pillows when tucking in their kids at night.

I will grant that TS4 has a nicely improved CAS - but Spore actually gave the player greater freedom to mold their character, so I expect an even better CAS system for the next version of The Sims. The Build Mode improvements are nice, too - but we should have basements and at least 5 build levels plus stackable stages like we got in TS2 (it made creating L-shaped staircases so easy!). The MoveObjects and ConstrainFloorElevation cheats are a no brainer - how about giving us those abilities in a way that we don't have to use cheats?

All that is going to take time and planning, so EAxis will have to make sure that their team is dedicated to what they are doing. Ideally the programmers should be fans and players. I'm asking a lot, but only because The Sims had always been able to deliver - at least until now.

You managed to perfectly describe my vision of next sims game :)

After TS3 I could never go back to TS2 loading screens, even though I think TS2 had the best gameplay.

I want to see hobbies and interests back. I want my sims to have lots of activites and creative stuff to do in their freetime. I liked TS2 Freetime, except for the fact that my sim had to make like 30-50 teddybears, or 30 flower bouquets before he/she could move on to the next project.

sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_FreeTime
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Ari & Daenerys. Truly in love.

Screenshot-562_zpsjnitxebj.jpg
    Screenshot-563_zpswh5goxnc.jpg
    Screenshot-565_zpsvopiv0pe.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Screenshot-3-3_zpsxpaebv2d.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zps3zhvbhdm.jpg
    Screenshot-103_zpspghicjvo.jpg
    Screenshot-234_zpsfzxjqe7q.jpg.....
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2015
    Schweighsr wrote: »

From TS3 I want the Open World and CASt and Traits that have actual impact on the way the Sims act. The one thing that holds me back from really enjoying my TS2 Ultimate Collection is that I can't decorate the way I want to and I can't change the colors of my Sims' outfits. I don't mind rabbithole career bases - they work fine and let me have some time when I have one or two less Sims to take care of - but no Rabbithole restaurants or shops, please. I don't care if I have to wait for an EP to get proper restaurants and shops, just so long as I can customize them, follow my Sim inside and even have my Sims run and own them. Sims can have fewer Traits if they are actually dee per - I don't want any 'evil showers' or 'extreme naps', but I'd love it if my evil Sims had special actions, like the ability to trip another Sim and then blame it on a third party. If my Sim has the 'extreme' Trait, I want to see them perform special animations to show just how extreme they are. If Sim A is talking to Sim B who has the Neurotic trait I want Sim A to roll their eyes or make the circle-to-the-temple gesture during the conversation. I want Loner Sims to make a talk-to-the-hand gesture and walk away when their social bar is filled. I want Nurturing Sims to fluff pillows when tucking in their kids at night.

I will grant that TS4 has a nicely improved CAS - but Spore actually gave the player greater freedom to mold their character, so I expect an even better CAS system for the next version of The Sims. The Build Mode improvements are nice, too - but we should have basements and at least 5 build levels plus stackable stages like we got in TS2 (it made creating L-shaped staircases so easy!). The MoveObjects and ConstrainFloorElevation cheats are a no brainer - how about giving us those abilities in a way that we don't have to use cheats?

All that is going to take time and planning, so EAxis will have to make sure that their team is dedicated to what they are doing. Ideally the programmers should be fans and players. I'm asking a lot, but only because The Sims had always been able to deliver - at least until now.

I always thought that I was the only one who didn't care about the rabbit hole :), considering there were many simmers who loved to trade RH with close world when the first time we knew that TS4 was going to be a close world. :).

I always fine with RH career . Ambition EP gives me an option to choose whether I want to play RH or non-RH career. I like that option. Normally when I start with one or two sims, I play ambition career, because it's fine to control two sims at work at the same time. When my sims family grows, I send them to rabithole career, so that I can focus more on the younger ones. I love seeing how the townies grow together with mysims. I don't want to control them, I like the suprises that SP bring to my town. It ads drama to my story. Unfortunately, as much as I love TS3, I have to admit, EA SP suck :p, that's why I used Nraas SP. With Nraas SP, my town will be alive. There are dramas, sims divorce, get married, breakup, find love, etc. So please add to #thisismysimsvision, a better story progression, even better, EA can hire Nraas :)
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Sorry this is going to be long... I want to try to convey to the best of my ability what I loved about each game.

Let me start off by saying that I'm a long time fan of Sims, ever since the first game, which I played when I was a child. I fell in love with it straight off. I was enchanted with how you could create people, build their home and see how their lives unfold. I haven't played with anything like it before. As a little girl, I loved playing video games but also loved my doll houses. This was such a great idea.

So Sims 2 is my favourite in the series. To be fair to 3, I haven't played it with all EPs because this toaster (PC), for some reason, struggles with the game. There's another PC in the house that could play it though so I'll give it another go sometime but here's what I liked about each games and suggestions on improvements.

What I love about 1:

-The humour. I honestly don't know how to describe it, other than funny but not in-your-face. It had some wit, slapstick and a bit of silly things. It didn't feel annoying.
    -A lot of things you could interact with. Someone else mentioned it, all of the spa items that came with Superstar were brilliant, you could have a judging competition with Pets, snowboarding and snowball fights in Vacation, etc (can't list them all). All of the Expansion packs were amazing in adding items you could interact with. Even if Sims 2 is my favourite in the series, I miss those items a lot!
    -I actually quite like the aesthetics of the game. It's not super realistic, but had a nice colour palette, which used some muted tones. It made the environment and objects work really well together, looked somewhat realistic but not to the extreme. Sometimes the later games are too bright and crazy coloured for my tastes.

What I love about 2:

-Open community lots, which I can build from scratch, see my Sims inside, interacting with other Sims, buying things and having fun.
    -Great freedom in play style and customization. Love playing one family? Can do that. Love playing rotation style? Can do that. Prefer families over only playing young adults (or vice-versa)? Can do that. Want to mod your game to be medieval? Can do that.
    -Children inherit their parent's genetics.
    -Lots of details and animations. You hardly get pop-up text to REPLACE animations or things you should be able to see. The only instance I can think of is in Bon Voyage tour guides, you don't see what your Sims do, but there's pop-ups (which I really dislike, if you can't already tell). There's lots of different animations too, opening car doors and getting in, playing a game on the PC isn't the same as writing which isn't the same as browsing the web, lots of cute interactions with toddlers and so on. You get the point, more animations, more details.
    -The Sims have charm and it isn't forced. It's mostly random stuff that happen, that is unexpected, which takes you by surprise instead of in-your-face bro humour and so on. Not to say I don't want traits or personality, but take into account random chance events (for example a fire starting is unpredictable), more subtle witty humour and so on. It's not hard to revisit the previous games, so do so, play it for a good week or something and try to see what we see.
    -Keep the Basegame basic, with over the top items being reward objects and/or reserved for expansions. A Basegame needs to be a solid foundation to build on, not have crazy things in right off the bat. Give us basic stuff. Make the Expansion packs work with each other, Sims 2 was very good at this. Everything worked together.
    -Questing and linear gameplay kept to the minimum. I hate those in Sims. As a gamer, if I want to do those things, I play a game on my console. Sims is a life simulator.
    -While CAS was limited compared to other later games, there was things such as animated hair, the outfits had proper textures (no weird shiny glow, jeans looked like jeans, not rubber) and the Sims had nice faces, no pudding going on.
    -Speaking of textures, Sims 2 had quite good crisp textures and if you zoomed in on an item, it wasn't a blurry mess. More details!!!

What I love about 3:

-Traits, but I have a caveat. I still like personality points. Maybe a mixture of both? Traits could be unique quirks while personality points are more for how your Sim behaves day-to-day? Honestly, I'm not sure. It's like, I'd want my Sim self to have 3 points in neat, 2 points in outgoing, 3 points in active and the rest distributed in playful and nice. But on top of that, have cat lover, vegetarian and creative? I don't know if anyone else finds this interesting but just a thought. Otherwise I like the idea of traits.
    -The general scenery. I loved seeing hills, beaches, sunsets, etc. And they weren't fake backgrounds. They are all real places.
    -The open world concept has merit. The only thing that irked me was that some community lots were rabbit holes, like groceries, I'd prefer this to be open. I don't mind rabbit holes for jobs, though some people want to have playable work. Honestly I don't mind either way, as long as there are options for the player to play like they want to. If I don't want to play inside the work, then have an option to automate it, or something along those lines.
    -CASt, ok, while it was super laggy on my PC, sometimes didn't look great (shiny clothing), it's a good idea. It saves a lot of trouble to not have to hunt down lots of custom content just to have a recolour. But even if this wasn't in-game, at LEAST have a tool outside of the game to apply custom textures and colours to things, be it items or clothing. Though I'm sure most people would prefer to have it in-game, it would need to be smooth. Or maybe just limit it to a colour wheel? I don't know. But I loved the idea of having things match and easily customisable, I don't mind if they're in or out of the game, providing there's a software for doing it.
    -The game has some really nice looking objects, that have good meshes. A complaint of 4 is that a lot of things have low polygon amounts. It looks very blocky. I have lots of converted items from 3 in my Sims 2 game because they made some pretty stuff.

What I love about 4:

-CAS, it is an improvement over 3, for sure. Maybe I'm just terrible with 3's CAS, but even with tons of mods and CC, I never managed to make them look like I wanted, while I never had this problem with 2. 4 has non-pudding Sims, they have pretty good proportions (not looking like either long faced horses or eggheads). The only gripe is that it's not precise enough. It could be better. Maybe have sliders as well, or a numerical value. I want to know how much more I can pull on that cheekbone and I want to be able to know how much it is.
    -Whilst there was some things I didn't like about build, how dumbed-down it is, I appreciated the ability to pick up rooms, to resize the foundation, the idea of wall heights, the extra bits of decoration you can put and so on. I hated how there's no terrain tools or that EA doesn't seem to realise how essential MOO and other cheats are. Make those cheats a standard and have a shortcut to use them. I'm not even all that great at building and used them a fair bit.

I'm not sure if that's all, but the gist of it at least. Put all of the good stuff together, refine it, and ask the community feedback. When there's a good feedback, test the game properly (for Will's sake!) and ship it. Now watch the dough roll in.

I so liked what you had to say about traits AND personality points I think you could be on to something there about combining them. Like if the personality points would somehow influence which traits were more dominant and give your Sim unique interactions. Like if you had an Evil traited sim who also had the good sense of humor trait you could give him personality points in nice and he would pull more mischievous pranks rather than be viciously mean whereas if you gave your sim no nice personality points well then he'd just be vilely evil or if you gave him a lot of nice personality points then he might only be evil in some situations or be more sly about being evil like other sims would actually think he is nice when he is not. I think they need to give us tools to better craft our sims personality just as we have many tools to craft their looks and tools to build their homes.

I do not however understand how people could not get the sims they wanted out of 3's CAS I never had a problem with it I played with the options until I got what I wanted and my sims never had pudding faces or faces that were distorted they actually always had very chiseled looking features (high cheek bones and sloping jawlines like models usually have) but I guess I like that. Now I did get randomized sims with that pudding look but I always changed the jawline and cheekbone settings until I had the effect I wanted (I think it was nasopharyngeal line you had to twiddle with).

Push and pull features sound interesting but I truly could not live without CASt. I know it had its flaws but they could have fixed those instead of scrapping the feature. Like only having a menu pop up with what you wanted to do, change a pattern, change a color or just switch a color within an already preset pattern. It was annoying that it had to automatically load up EVERY pattern EVERY time you just wanted to quickly tweak something the wait times are very frustrating for everything to load. I would also like to alter patterns like you can crop pictures I would like to crop patterns so I could have different effects in my patterns I could have been even more creative than I was able to be with CASt. I also would have liked to alter clothes like you could do in a Sims 2 console game and by alter clothes I mean add sleeves take sleeves away add collars take them away make shorts out of jeans or even capri take away bows or add them. I can't tell you how many times I've said if I just had the option to tweak this outfit I could totally make it look like something entirely different (well you can do this with pattern changes and re-colors but it would be awesome to tweak the clothes as well as do the other stuff).
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I have been thinking about this since the thread started and I still feel that my "vision" is nebulous at best. Much of my Sims Vision builds on things that we have seen in previous games, but with more advanced graphics and more options. Sims 2 had some incredibly endearing animations and interactions. I have always loved TS2 so much for that. For example: I had one of my sims families give up their dog because it was too much work. The sim ran to the police car crying when the dog was taken away. It made me so sad that I adopted the dog back again, lol.

I would love the option to play with the look of TS4 more readily. One of my current TS3 games is a family inspired by the Now and Then Century Manor, set in Moonlit Falls. It's a deliciously dark and brooding game with none of the OTT cheerfulness of TS4 sims.
    3CAEB77C34DACAE00F2FEDC41E2C19386F87F0B5

Another familiy is working the 1950's vibe. Family life can be wonderful...
    A2481DBEA4E274B9391A7F9220C64E0F86AAB330

...even when it's exhausting :heart:
    014E94C2DD1FD8BCD35733E7A6B2C2EF099E4B10

There are plenty of things I love about TS4, but I would love to have the option of stoic sims. They might get happy, playful, angry, but they would never/rarely do the over the top animations (unless they were juiced, maybe and got "uninhibited") and they would be less likely to get to the second or third stages of emotional intensity. It's a lot of fun having a goofy, childish sim hamming it up all day long, but I long to play a more serious sim now. I want to play a surly cop or a thoughtful doctor or a focussed scientist. Maybe an ambitious sim that buttons down all day at work and lets their hair down at the bar in the evening. I did download a trait that disables most emotional states. They can be fine or focussed and that's pretty much it, but it's not really the solution. I want my sim to be able to be happy without grinning like a loon when it's inappropriate. When they're playful they would make dry jokes where people can't be sure if they're serious. When they get sad or lonely they would bury themselves in work or study, maybe as a "work from home" computer option.

Personalities need to be more nuanced. I played a loner sim and their social need dropped so fast, I couldn't believe it. I happen to have a loner living in my house. Social interaction is something they want eventually, but it can take days and their need is rapidly satiated. 5 minute chat and maybe a hug and that's enough.

Most of what I long TS4 to be has already been mentioned by people far more articulate than I. Dragon Age Inquisition's world was more the level of animation I was hoping for by now. I quite like that the sims themselves are a bit less uncanny valley than TS3 sims could be, but sometimes I feel like the world could give me diabetes. Would there be the possibility of adding saturation sliders at the very least?

More flexibility for managing multiple sims in different locations is vital and I hope that it will be addressed before GTW is released. More flexibility for managing just about everything is my dream :lol: family play, sandbox, more appropriate and intelligent responses all of these are very important to me.

MOST important to me is to fix the plum random romances from rotational play. It is a brutal game-killer for me. Also, making that baby-thing more refined, but I'll take that to the "Let's Talk Babies" thread :smile:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have been thinking about this since the thread started and I still feel that my "vision" is nebulous at best. Much of my Sims Vision builds on things that we have seen in previous games, but with more advanced graphics and more options. Sims 2 had some incredibly endearing animations and interactions. I have always loved TS2 so much for that. For example: I had one of my sims families give up their dog because it was too much work. The sim ran to the police car crying when the dog was taken away. It made me so sad that I adopted the dog back again, lol.

I would love the option to play with the look of TS4 more readily. One of my current TS3 games is a family inspired by the Now and Then Century Manor, set in Moonlit Falls. It's a deliciously dark and brooding game with none of the OTT cheerfulness of TS4 sims.
    3CAEB77C34DACAE00F2FEDC41E2C19386F87F0B5

Another familiy is working the 1950's vibe. Family life can be wonderful...
    A2481DBEA4E274B9391A7F9220C64E0F86AAB330

...even when it's exhausting :heart:
    014E94C2DD1FD8BCD35733E7A6B2C2EF099E4B10

There are plenty of things I love about TS4, but I would love to have the option of stoic sims. They might get happy, playful, angry, but they would never/rarely do the over the top animations (unless they were juiced, maybe and got "uninhibited") and they would be less likely to get to the second or third stages of emotional intensity. It's a lot of fun having a goofy, childish sim hamming it up all day long, but I long to play a more serious sim now. I want to play a surly cop or a thoughtful doctor or a focussed scientist. Maybe an ambitious sim that buttons down all day at work and lets their hair down at the bar in the evening. I did download a trait that disables most emotional states. They can be fine or focussed and that's pretty much it, but it's not really the solution. I want my sim to be able to be happy without grinning like a loon when it's inappropriate. When they're playful they would make dry jokes where people can't be sure if they're serious. When they get sad or lonely they would bury themselves in work or study, maybe as a "work from home" computer option.

Personalities need to be more nuanced. I played a loner sim and their social need dropped so fast, I couldn't believe it. I happen to have a loner living in my house. Social interaction is something they want eventually, but it can take days and their need is rapidly satiated. 5 minute chat and maybe a hug and that's enough.

Most of what I long TS4 to be has already been mentioned by people far more articulate than I. Dragon Age Inquisition's world was more the level of animation I was hoping for by now. I quite like that the sims themselves are a bit less uncanny valley than TS3 sims could be, but sometimes I feel like the world could give me diabetes. Would there be the possibility of adding saturation sliders at the very least?

More flexibility for managing multiple sims in different locations is vital and I hope that it will be addressed before GTW is released. More flexibility for managing just about everything is my dream :lol: family play, sandbox, more appropriate and intelligent responses all of these are very important to me.

MOST important to me is to fix the plum random romances from rotational play. It is a brutal game-killer for me. Also, making that baby-thing more refined, but I'll take that to the "Let's Talk Babies" thread :smile:
    If only they'd introduce that... I'd fill my town with stoic sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    petalbot wrote: »
    I made this picture for the 100 themes thread over at Simatography.

Flowers_No1.png

The butterflies in the pic are generated from the fog emitter included in The Sims 3. The fog emitter does emit fog, but it also emits other effects from the game and it's EPs, such as these glowy butterflies (from world adventures, I think). This fog emitter is definitely something I'd like to include in my vision of The Sims. There is many creative uses for it. Builders use it to create waterfalls, some unique fireplaces, really great spooky houses, and more. It's also very useful for making cool Sim pics and machinima. I'll try to make a creepy looking looking graveyardish type scene to further illustrate.

Kinda weird quoting myself, but oh well. Anyway, maybe a little better picture to illustrate the fog emitter:

grave.jpg

The fire and the fog are effects from the fog emitter. It literally contains hundreds more effects.

In build mode you see it as a blue dome, but it disappears in live mode only showing the effect that you told it to play.

grave2.jpg

Now to catch up on what I missed!

sigg.gif

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    #Thisismysimsvision a nice church in the sims4 non rabbit hole of course for sims weddings and funeral with graveyard
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

Flowers_No1.png

The butterflies in the pic are generated from the fog emitter included in The Sims 3. The fog emitter does emit fog, but it also emits other effects from the game and it's EPs, such as these glowy butterflies (from world adventures, I think). This fog emitter is definitely something I'd like to include in my vision of The Sims. There is many creative uses for it. Builders use it to create waterfalls, some unique fireplaces, really great spooky houses, and more. It's also very useful for making cool Sim pics and machinima. I'll try to make a creepy looking looking graveyardish type scene to further illustrate.

Kinda weird quoting myself, but oh well. Anyway, maybe a little better picture to illustrate the fog emitter:

grave.jpg

The fire and the fog are effects from the fog emitter. It literally contains hundreds more effects.

In build mode you see it as a blue dome, but it disappears in live mode only showing the effect that you told it to play.

grave2.jpg

Gosh, I want to like this 100 times
  • WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    I just wanted to congratulate each and everyone of you for being a part of this whole vision! :) The thread managed to become noticed by all of you sharing what you love/miss/wish for The Sims. Fantastic to see the community come together in such a positive, fun and creative way :)

Keep up the brilliant work.

*Massive HUGS To you all*
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2015

Flowers_No1.png

grave.jpg

grave2.jpg

Love, love love your lots. You have mad building skills. :)

I always wanted a version of the fog emitter that could turn any created building into one of the rabbit hole career lots so that we could make our towns look exactly like we wanted.

On the topic of rabbit holes, I have always agreed that restaurants, groceries, stores, even spas should be open and contain gameplay, but I'm perfectly ok with rabbit hole career buildings. In fact, the game still has rabbit hole career lots, even in TS4. They are just invisible now and your sims apparently teleport to them. Needless to say, this is not my vision. :lol:

That said, I do love having the self-employed careers like we had in TS3, where I could have my sims work as gardeners, fishermen/women, or artists. I had my sims in those careers most of the time, or for large families I would often have either the mother or father in one of them and the other spouse in a RH career.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited March 2015

I always wanted a version of the fog emitter that could turn any created building into one of the rabbit hole career lots so that we could make our towns look exactly like we wanted.

What a brilliant idea!!

This would have been so handy instead of making custom rabbit holes with rugs. I would have loved this together with the option to turn off cars and mobile phones. What an easy way to make an medieval or an 19th and early 20th centuries world.

I have no visions for TS4 because they would have to rebuild the game from start. But I hope they see all loyal customers great visions and decide to make a truly amazing TS5, I think it would be worthwhile for it would probably sell well. A true life simulator/sandbox game, freedom to play our way, filled with more options and creativity than ever before in the sims franchise. :)

edit: changed a word
  • HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    This whole thread has just made me want to play TS2 again...so many sweet quirks and factors about that game!
  • linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2015
    What I love with the game, it's the freedom I have with Sims 3 to go were I want, to customize almost everything with Cast, and the Family Play, I always have families in my Sims Games :smiley:

And another really important part of the game for me is the Surnatural side of the game.
    Yes, I love the fairies, witches, vampires, werewolves, mermaids, genies, aliens, ghosts and the others creatures I may have missed to list ^^

I also really love pets, I always have animals in my games, cats, dogs, horses, birds... It's so great to play with them ^^

I don't want a game too serious, Sims 2 and 3 have the perfect balance for me, and if the game was too realistic, I would drop it immediately :)

#ThisIsMySimsVision
    Post edited by linesa on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Petting zoo!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    I realize this is a visual thread, but there were a number of things that are important in a Sims game to me that weren’t easy to depict. I would really like a game that centered on life simulation. I want the Sims’ states of being to be evident through the animations even without the UI. I want EA to fulfill the promise of bigger personalities by really making distinctive traits that have their own animation rich sets of behaviors. I want some unique personalities perhaps with unique abilities like Mrs. Crumplebottom. I want some Sims to have a harder time getting along with each other than others. I want persnickety Sims who are aware of their environs and have unique preferences. I want believable boundaries that don’t make it seem like the programming just ran out (such as with Sims teleporting to work or fire alarms with no firemen). I want a game so rich with this kind of detail that it begs to have its every facet discovered. I want a game that doesn’t crash or get bogged down in a plethora of smaller bugs.

More ideas with accompanying photochopped (photobutchered?) images:

1. World Creation. I want to be able to build my ‘infinitely customizable’ world from the ground up. Yes, this includes building my Sims and my Sims’ houses, but also the town around them -- the lots, the public spaces, and the infrastructure. I want my Sims’ lives to be interconnected. I want to view my neighbors’ lots from my Sims’ home when I play and see the water tower and the bank I put in the background there, too. I would even want it to go as far as something like SimsVille where the town was ‘alive’ and what I put in my town had an effect on how the town grew and operated.

2nulkk6.jpg

2. Intergenerational Activities. I would like kids to be able to play board and card games with their parents (go fish?); build go-karts, birdhouses, or treehouses with their parents; participate in parent-guided activities like cooking and gardening; improve skills with parental guidance like reading, writing, and bike riding.
    2u6yz44.jpg
    2res64p.jpg

3. Group activities for children. I would like to see more child-to-child interaction. Does the line-of-sight programming make hide-and-seek or paintball possible? I would like more group activities that 3 or 4 children could participate in at a time and build their social skills as well as have fun like groups of patty cake, merry-go-rounds, puppet shows, and painting murals. It could even be in the form of individual activities that other kids could join (parallel play) like ball hoppers, legos/erector sets, playing in the sandbox, hula hoop, etc.

1xyo9d.jpg

4. Caring Caretakers. I would like Sims to show more affection for their kids. I would like more toddlers and kids sitting in parents or older siblings laps; parents being able to tuck kids in bed; bending down to kiss their kids’ cheeks; and stooping down to point out butterflies, plants, or planes (since you put those in the game already).
    2lj14wo.jpg
    fut0qt.jpg

5. Open Restaurants. I expect we’ll see the return of restaurants in some form. Hopefully, they will be open restaurants where our Sims can have meals, dates, and socialize, maybe even run them.

15wjotc.jpg
    j0v40l.jpg

6. Salon/Spa. I would love to have an open Salon/Spa type of venue where Sims could go to get their nails done, get massages, get their hair done, tan, steam in saunas, get body wraps, soak in hot tubs, take mud baths (mischievous ones could fight or wrestle), meditate, and so on.

1ghtgm.jpg

7. Theme Parks. I would like to see various types of theme parks added, or maybe one theme park type with the ability to add which ever amusements we want. It would be interesting if EA could create them in a GTW/OFB type of setting where we could opt to run the theme parks Roller Coaster Tycoon or Water Park Tycoon style.

a. Water Park. I think it might be nice if they could make it so the water slide pieces were like legos and you could build your own water slide towers for your Sims. Parks could be equipped with a variety of water slides, diving boards, hot tubs, pools, concession stands, bathrooms, etc.

24356kp.jpg

b. Fairs or Fun Parks. These could include various Ferris wheels, roller coasters, carousels, teacup rides that make Sims dizzy/dazed, concession stands, bathrooms, games of chance, bumper cars, moon bounces, mascots, and so on. Alternatively fairs could be added to a farm park, as in a State Fair.

4idded.jpg
    e66ps9.jpg

c. Circus. This option might combine two popular requests of zoos and theme parks. Circuses could combine the above elements with animals – lions, elephants, monkeys, etc. Animals in this arrangement might be easier because they could be objects like babies. They could be tied to cages, pens, tents, and tethers. Sims could still pet them, feed them, train them, put on shows, etc. It would be an opportunity to add some ‘weird’ characters as carnies.

e995oy.jpg

8. Hotels. I would like to see grand hotels or spa hotels return to the game. I would like to Sims to be able to rent bedrooms as well as conference rooms and banquet halls for weddings, reunions, birthday parties, and the like. I would also like for Sims to be given two days for a honeymoon and possibly a paid trip.

fwpqtg.jpg

9. Dance. I really enjoyed watching the Sims dance and watching their moves get better as they improved. I miss that with this game. I hope EA will incorporate a variety of dances where Sims learn new steps as they improve – belly dance, ballet, slow-dancing, square dancing, etc.

2duefeo.jpg

10. Group Workouts. I’ve long wanted the ability for Sims to instruct groups of Sims in athletic activities like yoga, pilates, dance, aerobics, or martial arts. This type of mentoring could improve skill proportional to the number of Sims being instructed. It would be nice if Sims could just organize themselves in a natural way, but if not I suppose it could be tied to a large mat object that would ‘call’ and arrange them.

1z20toh.jpg

11. Science Museum. I know some people have requested in-game physics, which has been indicated as too much of a stretch for Sims. I wonder if adding it in on a small scale, limited to specific objects like a vertical wind tunnel, race track, anti-gravity room, Velcro Sim catapult, etc. would make it easier to implement because the space is now defined and confined and there would be less exceptions and cases to account for. If not, I’m thinking some fun-with-physics-like animations could be created with these types of objects to simulate this.

xo01ts.jpg1iir7p.jpg

12. Retirement Home/Senior Center. This might be a nice place to visit grandparents, play some bingo and shuffleboard, learn to knit, and get some sage advice. Senior Centers might be a great place to hold family reunions. They could serve double duty as daycare centers. There are a lot of players who don’t like playing seniors and are reluctant to kill them off, so this would also be a place to let them live out their days in comfort. Or, it could just be a good place to work on the arsenic and old lace achievement.

9isetf.jpg

13. The Great Beyond. Since we have a reaper skill, I thought that Sims might get a chance to play as the reaper. Perhaps they could visit/vacation in the Underworld (spooky town) where ghosts, vampires, and Bonehilda dwell. EA could add in funerals and a ‘fear’ emotion.

2vts26c.jpg
    ob0eib.jpg

14. Farmers’ Markets. With all the emphasis on gardening, it would be nice to have a place to buy and sell our Sims’ produce and flowers as well as a place to purchase seeds, trowels, sprinklers, farm almanacs, and other goodies to aid in our gardening.

xeinfb.jpg

15. Open Air Markets. Likewise, it would be nice to have open-air markets and vendors. This would tie in really nicely with a Vacation style EP, where open-air markets would sell souvenirs, spices, and other exotica. This could also be part of an import/export game.

1zbtawk.jpg

16. Pre-schoolers/Toddlers. It would be nice if pre-schoolers/toddlers could also help with the gardening, crawled into mischief, and generally made messes. . .I mean art.
    2ufdcnn.jpg

17. Farming. They could help with farming, both crops and livestock, too.

206kgb9.jpg

18. Petting Zoo. Zoo animals could be tied down objects like babies (cages, pens, aquariums, or tethers), so this might make them easier to do than pets or farm animals. Sims could feed them, pet them, befriend them, ride them, clean their cages. Monkeys could steal inventory items. You could have a butterfly cage where kids could try to catch butterflies. It’s also a potential venue for another hands-on job like zookeeper or veterinarian. Animals would not all have to be real. Why not some freezer bunnies or llamacorns or dinosaurs if you add time travel again? If some vacation spots were added, Sims might also import some pets from the vacation spots.

217si0.jpg

I love you and I love all your ideas they should hire you for Sims 5
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @greenXen I thought it was funny that you put the supernatural stuff under #13. :D

I loved every single thing you listed, really brilliant stuff...with the exception of the supernatural stuff under #13. :p I know a lot of people love the supernaturals/creatures so I would never wish for them to be removed, but I rarely, if ever, play them.

#ThisIsMyVision - Please, please, please, make it a part of the game that these creatures can be prevented from spawning in our neighborhoods.

In addition to giving those of us who don't want to play them a way to keep them out, I would also like to point out that having control over them per saved game would allow more customization options for everyone. If someone wanted a 'hood with nothing but fairies, having control would allow that.

I was very grateful they added this to TS3 and was very disappointed that there is no way to prevent aliens from our saved games in TS4; I really hope this functionality is added some day soon.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!