Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mannequin trailer.. hmm

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I don't get this talk of older simmers being left out. I'm older and I really like the trailers they are putting out.

This. I suppose there might be people who "outgrow" love stories and singing, but I don't know any of them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I think that was their cutest trailer so far. Age has nothing to do with loving musicals
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    I don't see the problem with it... :/
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm over 60 -- guess I'm one of those younger simmers that this appeals to.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I'm an old mature simmer. :) I thought it was sweet. <3
  • Options
    wildseagullchasewildseagullchase Posts: 22 New Member
    I though it was ok. Not the best, not the worst. I've been playing since TS1. It was interesting for what it was, but doesn't really have anything to do with the actual game. But I much prefer the old trailers that showed the Sims in real gameplay, with all their silly, ridiculous, and awkward interactions and situations.Of course there will always be edited camera angles and such for movie magic, but make it about the game at least. And somebody in their office must have a gyrating fetish going on, because they can't keep it out of the trailers.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited March 2015
    The weird guy made me lol.

Overall, I thought it was a cute Disney-esque parody. :)

Edited: And I'm in my 30's, age wise.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    "37, didn´t like it and I´m very sure I wouldn´t have liked it at age 27, 17 and 7 either. It was okay made, but just not my style."
    That´s what I planned to post here while watching the video... until the final scene where the child manequins appeared. That saved the whole thing for me :)
    In general I prefer gameplay trailers and lifestreams. Guess I´m just not the kind of person who buys a product because the guy/gal holding said product in an ad is good looking or shouts a catching slogan.
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Not going to buy the game but I adored the trailers they've been given us. This one and the malpractice one were both great in my opinion.
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    I absolutely loved it! I'm 30, which I know isn't "Old" but is older than a lot of other simmers. I thought the trailer was sweet and different. :)
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    SimsFur wrote: »
    The trailer about mannequins is out and im sorry.. its just weird. I feel like they tried to be funny and it has nothing to do with the sims or the game.. seriously? some glee singers sing a frozen-like disney themed song? Im sorry, i dont feel it.. what age are we all again? i feel like the long player and older fans are not so much part of this new way the game turns into anymore..

tell me your thoughts;)

First things first, just because some people are old it doesn't mean they don't like disney themed songs, those are not just for children, if you don't like it, sorry. Also Frozen isn't the only movie with a song, almost every princess movie has a top song like Little Mermaid so stop putting Frozen everywhere... like srsly... it was good in my opinion but it's not the only movie to ever have a great song.

And about the promotional trailer, I love it, it's really cool and the song has some funny parts :)

If you don't like it watch the doctors trailer I guess it's more indicated for adults....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    The trailer was very "meh." It didn't do anything for me. I didn't hate it or dislike it, but I didn't like or love it either. It sparked a reaction of nothing. An empty void. Nice try though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    okee people.. it is isnt a big problem. this is what i though of it and i do feel that they think that these kind of glee/frozen musical things will attract younger people. i do not mean that older people will not like this. Its is totally misunderstood.

Anyway.. as i already said, im obviously the minority here for not liking this video, cause of that reasons and thats fine. I asked your thoughts and saw what other thought about this trailer.. that was the purpose of the thread. If people felt like this was just a thread to nag about something, it wasn't... i guess thats clear.

I do wanna see more sim-related trailers with yes.. maybe simlish songs in it and something that have something to do with the game and what we can do and expect. mannequins that fall in love are just weird to me, since this isnt something in the game and has no link to anything whatsoever. But then again.. it doesnt matter, i just wanted to share mine and see what other thought about it ;)
  • Options
    shawnjohntshawnjohnt Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in my 20's and have been a fan of The Sims since the original game and I liked it a lot, it didn't make me laugh or anything I just thought it was enjoyable and creative. I hope they continue making creative and fun trailers like this.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm in my early 30's, and I found it absolutely endearing and hilarious.
    Sorry OP, I couldn't disagree with you more.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Gabby18Gabby18 Posts: 89 Member
    It doesn't matter what age you are, it's the way you are thinking/feel about it. You always going to have people that like it or not like it. To me trailer was fun and creative.
    Origin ID: FallenAng3L91

sims4_zpsjvn3eqfy.png
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    50 and fiancé's is going on 40... we both raised our eyebrows (smirking more than smiling).. I did laugh though, but it was at my fiancé's comment which was Look honey they have emotions like the Sims in Sims 4 and yes he was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    I loved the trailer.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I think the trailer was very cute. Not really in the way of "this EP will be great", but it was a cute story :) Seems like several of the trailers are more short stories, than showing gameplay. Maybe they want to show your creativity will form the game experience? That's fine with me.

I've been around since TS1.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg