Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

30 min Gamespot GTW Gameplay DEMO

Comments

• makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Can I just say that I was shocked at how ridiculous that alien lot was? The world looked stunning, but the decor? Really?! It doesn't scream alien to me, it just looks like they used the weirdest items they could find and put them in a row. Suits of armour? What?
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    brsy wrote: »
    I love the photography skill and how you can clone pictures so if you take a nice family picture every family member can hang the same photo on their homes.
    I was very sceptical about this EP but they sure did a great job, it feels massive, full of new content very much needed for this base game.

Agreed!!! also, i wonder how many people can be in a group shot because I would love for my legacy sims to be a large family portrait before the elders die off...also I was thinking if we can't do a very large group... i can take a few pics of all the sims and do a whole photo shop thingie and merge them together...but wait :o how would that help in game? ah man, I wish we could upload pictures from our computer like we could do before in sims 2 <3 (maybe that have returned)

Unfortunately I think it's only two for the group shot. I'm still excited for GTW but don't understand a group shot being limited to two.

two? sounds more like a pair and not a group ...when I think of a a group I think at the very least four or more in my mind :'(
    <3 still excited for the whole photography skill and the poses and whatever else come with it...I'm sure it will be awesome <3

but still I call "2" a pair not a group :p

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    HattyLou wrote: »
    SimsFur wrote: »
    ok amazing.. just one thing. I dont want aliens walking around in town. thats just weird and if this is happening to stories that have no connections with aliens or whatsoever, it totally blows. Its the same mistake they made in ts3 supernatural where every one in town turned out to be a vampire or werewolf.. It was horrible. My crush suddenly became a zombie and my whole storyline was ruined.

Also, i dont like it that we cant play more than 1 sim in our household in the same career at the same time. why not??!! I had a perfect story in my mind and now its not possible..

Totally agree with you but I think there were lots in this video because he went and met a load shortly before showing off the shopping part! I think (and hope) if you avoid meeting them/interacting with them then hopefully they won't 'invade' the game too much.

yeah i dont even wanna see them unless i intend to and 'search' for them. i am not feeling it if aliens starting to walk up in bars and get involved in my group convo :open_mouth:

• mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    the photography skill was the only working part of World Adventures. I'm happy they brought that back :)
    I like the idea of the artistic syles and that you can have failed photos, like the one with the gnome. Every time my sim took a pic with a gnome jumping in front, I will place that picture very close of my fireplace >:)
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    Oh wow is all I can say. Looks great, can't wait to play. Thanks so much to the OP for finding this and sharing.
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    The sims team is really impressing me with this EP. At first, I was a bit iffy when it was announced but hot dog...This expansion is looking tight! I am especially liking how we can visit the alien planet...Was not expecting that at all. I can't wait for this to come out.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    just watched this this morning and am super excited now!
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    A few things in this demo have me worried. Like how aliens were everywhere and not disguised, and how unresponsive the coworker was to the sim ray. I also wish group photos were able to take photos of a group of Sims instead of just a pair max. It also took a while to take payment in retail, maybe that will speed up but it looks like a slow start. I wish we could build homes in the alien world. That'd been cool. Does anyone know whether if we have 2 scientists they'll be coworkers at least? And has it been confirmed that we can't play both be actively played? It looked like we could play our clone so i don't see why we can't play two Sims working together.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Love the camera options! <3
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Cassee wrote: »
    I am just excited about all the new decor items. Retail looks cool, but I am a builder so I really need more stuff. Yippee!!! Was starting to get worried. Now, please tell me the photos and paintings WILL transfer with upload to Gallery??!! Anyone know??

Yes, they will transfer. :)
    Thank you, sweetie!! That makes it worth the $40 I have already spent on it!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    really liking everything about this!
  • MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    Overall it looks like GTW will be a great first expansion. However, I have some gripes:

1) Why is Magnolia Promenade a new "world"? Four lots is hardly a world. From what I've seen MP looks like a small retail neighborhood, not a completely new world. So why would they make it a separate world?? I just don't understand it. Its simply just not logical at all! If they are going to expand MP with future game/expansion packs then I can understand it, but is expanding the worlds is even technically possible? Because if it was why wouldn't they just add it as another neighborhood in Willow Creek, like it should be.

2) Having a max of 2 sims in a "group" photo is just pitiful. I would've liked to take some photos of my entire immediate sim family! Its disingenuous to tell us we can take group/family photos when the limit is 2 sims. Stuff like this is why many people dislike EA!!

3) ONLY ONE OPTION FOR PHOTO FRAMES! This really annoys me. The same is currently true for paintings as well. The only frame option is a simple and boring black frame. Its also kind of modern looking and doesn't fit with many of the decors of my houses. Why oh why couldn't they offer another couple of options! Maybe like a more ornate frame and rustic frame both with different color choices!! It really wouldn't be that hard to add.

4) There are WAY to many aliens walking around. I really hope this is not how it will actually be. Aliens in the sims, should be special and hard to find, not a dime a dozen!
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    So exciting, I love what I'm seeing!! The 31st seems so far away! :D
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • dadnboydadnboy Posts: 323 Member
    To everyone worried about the aliens: //twitter.com/SimGuruJill/status/578301471575314432
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    A few things in this demo have me worried. Like how aliens were everywhere and not disguised, and how unresponsive the coworker was to the sim ray. I also wish group photos were able to take photos of a group of Sims instead of just a pair max. It also took a while to take payment in retail, maybe that will speed up but it looks like a slow start. I wish we could build homes in the alien world. That'd been cool. Does anyone know whether if we have 2 scientists they'll be coworkers at least? And has it been confirmed that we can't play both be actively played? It looked like we could play our clone so i don't see why we can't play two Sims working together.
    the aliens were not disguised because the family already knew about aliens.. the scientist in the family went to sixam and met the aliens so they can all see thru the disguises. Once you learn about aliens they are no longer disguised to you which is why all the aliens were not disguised in the shop.
  • IM2_HANDZIM2_HANDZ Posts: 24 New Member
    I was wondering with get to work can you add anything to sell when setting up an art gallery? Like if I had installed custom content photos could I put them on the wall for sale in my art gallery or is it restricted to only the packs that you have?
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    the aliens were not disguised because the family already knew about aliens.. the scientist in the family went to sixam and met the aliens so they can all see thru the disguises. Once you learn about aliens they are no longer disguised to you which is why all the aliens were not disguised in the shop.

This was the one thing I didn't like about it. I'm glad aliens are back as I know a lot of people like them, but I'd prefer if we had the option to turn off aliens altogether. I might not mind having them (and therefore the chance of discovering them) in one save game but not all.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    dadnboy wrote: »
    To everyone worried about the aliens: //twitter.com/SimGuruJill/status/578301471575314432

Thanks for posting this confirmation. I like that the aliens visiting the Sim worlds will be disguised (as a default setting).
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I thought it was good it cleared up a few questions i had! Cant wait :D
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2015

This doesn't ease my worries. Disguised or not, an alien is an alien. I don't want my sims befriending other sims and then all of a sudden it turns out that sim is in fact an alien. I would love the option to turn off aliens in my game if I wish.

• ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    But it sounds like there are multiple ways of finding out about aliens. If I'm a doctor I can discover my patient is an alien by examining them. Its not my fault an alien got sick but suddenly that box is opened and my worlds flooded with aliens. Can nobody confirm whether they can or can't be switched off?
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think I read somewhere that we can't turn them off but maybe they'll change that for a patch, hopefully.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    But it sounds like there are multiple ways of finding out about aliens. If I'm a doctor I can discover my patient is an alien by examining them. Its not my fault an alien got sick but suddenly that box is opened and my worlds flooded with aliens. Can nobody confirm whether they can or can't be switched off?

I was just thinking along very similar lines. Do we have to avoid accusing them of being an alien to avoid them swarming the world.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Can I just say that I was shocked at how ridiculous that alien lot was? The world looked stunning, but the decor? Really?! It doesn't scream alien to me, it just looks like they used the weirdest items they could find and put them in a row. Suits of armour? What?

I think they like to hoard human things :p
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »

This doesn't ease my worries. Disguised or not, an alien is an alien. I don't want my sims befriending other sims and then all of a sudden it turns out that sim is in fact an alien. I would love the option to turn off aliens in my game if I wish.

Pretty much.

I dont mind them being alien in disguise sometimes though but, I wouldn't want actual visibly aliens walking around just because I discovered them. I hate having a bunch of supernatural/alien stuff just wandering around like its normal, I dont want it in this game :-(
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.