Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you completely Reset a SIM?

ZarathustraZarathustra Posts: 4 New Member
Is it possible to take an EXISTING SIM saved to the gallery, that has skills/job/geneology(parents/kids/etc) ...and create a NEW sim in CAS importing JUST THE APPEEARANCE to basically start off from scratch with a brand new sim?

Or even taking an existing sim and completely wiping out and RESET them, their connections and history and starting fresh? job/job branch/skills/family/traits/etc

I've been playing the same game for a very long time and want to start off a new game save with some of those sims but starting from nothing.

Comments

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I don't know for sure. I wonder if you took sim from gallery and aged them down a level then aged them back up if it would wipe their slate clean so you could start over with them. Good luck!
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Posts: 4 New Member
    I figured out how to remove the Genealogy(family tree) links, tho it was a bit brutal. I had to delete my old save file. With no old save with existing relationship links to reference it changed it so my 2 brother sims have 2 blank parent sims and no other relations.

The skills and traits I was able to remove manually with some console commands

Still stuck with lvl 10 careers tho. Quitting won't reset that and the demotion command can cause bugs after you branch off into certain careers
    So I figured out how to reset the career.

I did a lot of searching and noticed that someone mentioned that when you import a household to a new game the current job history is retained but not previous inactive jobs. So...

-I gave my sims a job I knew they wouldn't keep (entertainment).
    -Saved a copy of the household
    -Deleted the Game Save again (no saves present now)
    -Created a New Game
    -Imported my Household
    -Changed careers to the ones they wanted and BAM! they all started off at level 4 (I had the connections traits on them)
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited March 2015
    If you want to reset everything, including skills and earned aspirations points, just create a twin of the sim in CAS. Clothes will be randomized, but the sim's body, face, traits (IIRC), walk style and voice will be retained.
    edited March 2015
    thats what I was looking for! how do I create a Twin??

EDIT: Nvm Found it Thanks :)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited March 2015
    bludhound wrote: »
    If you want to reset everything, including skills and earned aspirations points, just create a twin of the sim in CAS. Clothes will be randomized, but the sim's body, face, traits (IIRC), walk style and voice will be retained.

I do this all the time. I create a twin under the genealogy tab when adding a Sim to the family. The + expands. I think that is what is called. It's symbol is a DNA chain thing. It's what I call cloning.

This is a speed build of Identical twins. It sort of shows you at 1:40 but it goes fast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYeTrumBzp0

It's the only thing I could find that demos creating a twin.
  • LRod_1027LRod_1027 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is a very old thread but my wife just recently ran into this problem and I wanted to share our experience in case someone else stumbles upon it.

So my wife works very hard of making her sim look JUST right, she probably spends more time in CAS than actually playing. The other day she felt like starting over so she decided to import her character from the gallery onto a new game. We quickly found out that her pretty looks weren't the only thing that came through. She still had her old relationships, job, stats, skills, everything. Kinda defeats the purpose of starting over.

After doing a bit of research, we found that other people shared similar problems and they all had their own workarounds to deal with them. Some used the "clone" method as described above, where you simply create a twin of your sim in CAS. Sounded great in theory but when we tried it, we found out that while the twin does look almost identical, they're not. The face looks basically the same except for make up and eyebrows which is no problem, but the body does slightly change, it's not an exact copy.

Another method is through the MC Command Center mod. There is some sort of copy face and body appearance option? I read that it was a little tedious and in all honestly, I'm not very familiar with using the mod in that way so I tried to find other options.

After spending a couple of hours of visiting forums and reading through old threads it occurred to me that the idea may be more simple than that. Well... maybe not simple, but I remembered something that may get us the results we were looking for: The scientist can create a cloning machine, which he can then upgrade to clone other sims.

First we went back to her character and used cheats to get her sim to the top of the scientist career, then we used the buy debug cheat to allow her to buy the cloning machine. That's when we ran into problems... the cloning machine needs to be upgraded to be able to clone other sims. Also, just cheating your way to the top of the career path does't allow you to accomplish this, you actually have to unlock the upgrades by playing. Unfortunately we couldn't find a cheat that unlocked them for you. However, on my last play-through I made a scientist and had everything unlocked.

I booted up my game and uploaded my character to the gallery. Then we went back to her game, clicked on edit household, then I downloaded and added my character to her family. I was then able to use my scientist sim to upgrade the cloning machine she bought before and use it to clone her sim. That gave us the results we were looking for. An exact copy of her sim's physical appearance but with a clean slate. Relationships, skills, stats, careers, everything was gone. Then she was free to edit her household again and remove everyone but her new sim and do minor changes like her name, traits, etc.

So that's how we did it. May prove to be more difficult for someone who does not have a spare scientist just laying around but if you do, and you want to start over, this is an easy solution.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I also saw the option to "Reset Sim" when clicking on the Sim while holding shift with testingcheats enabled. I've never tried that, though, so I have no idea what exactly it will do. :#
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I also saw the option to "Reset Sim" when clicking on the Sim while holding shift with testingcheats enabled. I've never tried that, though, so I have no idea what exactly it will do. :#

It just cancels any activities they're in, basically. It doesn't remove any info about them. To do that takes mods and/or cheats.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

It just cancels any activities they're in, basically. It doesn't remove any info about them. To do that takes mods and/or cheats.

Oh that's actually very useful information for me, thanks! I keep using the debug option whenever they're stuck on an activity for too long and don't respond to canceling, but that sometimes leads to other bugs occurring with them. :#
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    I also have my own way to do it that works well.

#1 testingcheats on
    #2 cas.fulleditmode
    #3 go into edit mode with sim u want to start over
    #4 upload sim to your library
    #5 start new game download the sim to play
    #6 in new game, go to gallery and add duplicate sim into your game (merge household)
    #7 you now have two both with skills...
    #8 go back into cas editmode
    #9 make one a child
    #10 go into game.... all skills and jobs ect will be erased
    #11 go into cas mode..... u will have "clones" one a child one teen/adult/ederly whatever they were when u started
    #12 using the grown up one as model..... age up child and fix/replace hair etc as needed..... usually most will be the same
    #13 when done copying the clone.... upload the one without skills/job etc to library use as desired.