Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAME OF THRONES 10 GENERATION LEGACY CHALLENGE

alexxxopalalexxxopal Posts: 78 Member
‘Game of Thrones’ 10 Generation Legacy Challenge for Sims 4

Hey Everyone! Games of Thrones is soon to be airing it's fifth season soon! I'm getting really excited so I thought I'd make up a legacy challenge to play in honor of that!
Hopefully, there's a few people out there who like GOT and Sims as much as I do so they'll get the references and share their stories.
I didn't write much of a base story to go with each generation because
I didn't want to give ANY spoilers!
PLUS
Each house, tribe or group has many characters you could model your heir after so this leaves a lot more open to interpretation s far as characters.

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, I'd LOVE to hear them, as this is my first challenge I've made!

****EDIT:****
I have added a point system to the challenge for those who don't want to automatically fail the challenge if a hard house requirement is not met.
The "perfect" score will be the total of all points per house and overall challenge.
The purpose would be to work out difficulties and compare success with other players.

Optional Rules:
You may add a throne room and decorate it with the current house's colors and sigils.
You may use any mod to kill off Sims (this is Game of Thrones after all.
Ghosts and anything else creepy is ENCOURAGED.

Downloads:
GOT Style Clothing
GOT Themed Sims and Looks

130px-0%2C512%2C7%2C460-House-Arryn-heraldry.jpg
Generation 1: House Arryn
“As High as Honor”

-Must have Ambitious trait
+1 point
-Must live in at least 2 story house
+2 points
-Must have Lineage Aspiration
+1 point
-Avoid any negative relationships
+3 points
-Must have at least 2 baby girls
+2 points

House Aaryn Point Total:9 points

130px-0%2C512%2C7%2C460-House-Targaryen-heraldry.jpg
Generation 2: House Targaryen
“Fire and Blood”

-Generation may not begin until all heir’s family members are dead except them
+2 points
-Must have insane trait
+1 point
-Must marry someone who looks the opposite of them (black and white, blonde and brunette, ect.)
+3 points
-Have 3 children
+2 points
-Extinguish at least 3 fires before adulthood
+5 points

House Targeryen Point Total:13 points
Point Total so far:22 points

0.jpg
Generation 3: Dothraki Tribe
“Value Strength Above All Else”

-Must have Body Builder Aspiration
+1 point
-Must have longest hair available in your CAS (or custom)
+2 points
-Must have Self Assured trait
+1 point
-Must have a full house of children
+3 points
-Own no electronics (other than cells)
+3 points
-Must die from drowning, anger or fire.
+3 points

House Dothraki Point Total:13 points
Point Total so far:35 points

130px-0%2C800%2C10%2C718-Baratheon_sig.png
Generation 4: House Baratheon
“Ours is the Fury”

-Must have Hot Headed and Loves Outdoors trait
+2 points
-Must have and complete either Collector or Angler aspiration
+3 points
-Have at least one Insane child
+1 point

You may then choose between either Stannis' or Robert's journey:
-Must have an affair with someone with red (everyday clothes, makeup, hair, eyes, ect.)-Stannis
+5 points
-Once the couple reaches Elder, they must have a negative relationship and break up.-Robert
+5 points

House Baratheon Point Total:16 points
Point Total so far:51 points

130px-0%2C512%2C7%2C460-House-Stark-heraldry.jpg
Generation 5: House Stark
“Winter is Coming”

-Have Good trait
+1 point
-Own 2 fireplaces
+2 points
-Wear all winter type clothing
+2 points
-Have a nemesis with blonde hair
+3 points
-Must maintain Best Friend status with everyone in family.
+4 points
-Choose either Sansa or Aria’s story and pick between completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration OR Athlete Career Track
+4 points

House Stark Point Total:16 points
Point Total so far:67 points

130px-0%2C512%2C7%2C460-House-Lannister-heraldry.jpg
Generation 6: House Lannister
“Hear Me Roar”

-Must have Materialistic trait
+1 point
-Choose and complete either Fortune Aspirations
+3 points
-Move into a mansion after marriage
+2 points
-Get a gold medal on Black and White Affair AND Dinner Party
+3 points
-Keep having children until you have twins (doesn’t have to be heir)
+4 points

House Lannister Point Total:13 points
Point Total so far:80 points

250px-House-Tyrell-heraldry.jpg
Generation 7: House Tyrell
“Growing Strong”

-Have floral themed décor in every room
+2 points
-Have private garden at home
+2 points
-Master charisma trait
+1 point
-Have all children become A students
+2 points
-Marry someone younger than you
+3 points

House Tyrell Point Total:10 points
Point Total so far:90 points

250px-House-Martell-heraldry.jpg
Generation 8: House Martell
“Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”

-Have and complete Rambunctious Scamp childhood aspiration
+2 points
-Have workout room in home (can delete garden if you wish)
+1 point
-Must have Family Oriented trait
+1 point
-Fight 2 people before adulthood
+2 points
-Master Fitness skill
+3 points

House Martell Point Total:9 points
Point Total so far:99 points

130px-0%2C512%2C7%2C460-House-Greyjoy-heraldry.jpg
Generation 9: House Greyjoy
“We Do Not Sow”

-Before aging into YA, insult all family members and ‘kick’ them out
+2 points
-Must choose and suceed in the Criminal career field
+3 points
-Sleep with 2 people before marriage
+3 points
-Steal at least one thing when going to a neighbor’s lot (food, books, ect.)
+2 point

House Greyjoy Point Total:10 points
Point Total so far:109 points

250px-Night%27s-Watch-sigil.jpg
Generation 10:The Night’s Watch
“I Shall Live and Die at My Post”

-Never get married, have kids or sleep with anyone
+2 point
-Wear ALL black
+2 points
-Have Loner trait
+1 point
-Get to the top of any Career field
+3 points
-Fulfill aspiration
+3 points

Night's Watch Point Total:11 points

THE TOTAL POINTS FOR A 'PERFECT' SCORE=120

Once a PERFECT SCORE is obtained, one may exceed the challenge with points based off the Optional Goals

+1 point for any ghost
+1 for throne room in a current house's colors/sigils (photo provided)

Post edited by alexxxopal on

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I ADORE Game of Thrones and will put this on my list of challenges to do--it will go to the top! But...not sure when I'll have time. I'll be watching for any updates or story lines of this, though.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I'm also a huge Game of Thrones fan. But some of the aspects of this challenge don't make sense to me.

1. Why does the Arryn Founder need to avoid negative relationships, and why do they need to have two girls? I'm confused as to how any of this ties into the show/universe. And why are they the starting point?

2. How can you ensure that the Targaryen heir extinguishes three fires before adulthood? I don't know of any way to purposefully start one.

3. Maybe the Dothraki should be Generation 1, because of the whole no-technology thing? Then again, technology doesn't fit with any of the houses, except maybe the Targaryens (because the Valyrians were so advanced and all), sooo. . .And why does the Dothraki heir need to die from drowning? I understand fire, because they need to be burned to reach the Night Lands. . .And how does a Sim die from anger?

4. Why the Collector or Angler Aspirations for the Baratheon heir? I'd think Angler would be something for House Tully, or maybe the Greyjoys. Why does the marriage need to be broken up? And why an Insane child?

5. Why do we have to pick between Sansa and Arya's story, specifically, for the Starks? What about Robb, Bran, or Rickon?

6. Why does the Greyjoy heir need to insult all their family members and kick them out? How do you steal something from a neighbor's lot---put it into your Sim's personal inventory? (I didn't know that was possible.)

7. The Night's Watch do sleep around. They just don't have wives, or children (that they know about).
  • alexxxopalalexxxopal Posts: 78 Member
    I'm also a huge Game of Thrones fan. But some of the aspects of this challenge don't make sense to me.

1. Why does the Arryn Founder need to avoid negative relationships, and why do they need to have two girls? I'm confused as to how any of this ties into the show/universe. And why are they the starting point?

2. How can you ensure that the Targaryen heir extinguishes three fires before adulthood? I don't know of any way to purposefully start one.

3. Maybe the Dothraki should be Generation 1, because of the whole no-technology thing? Then again, technology doesn't fit with any of the houses, except maybe the Targaryens (because the Valyrians were so advanced and all), sooo. . .And why does the Dothraki heir need to die from drowning? I understand fire, because they need to be burned to reach the Night Lands. . .And how does a Sim die from anger?

4. Why the Collector or Angler Aspirations for the Baratheon heir? I'd think Angler would be something for House Tully, or maybe the Greyjoys. Why does the marriage need to be broken up? And why an Insane child?

5. Why do we have to pick between Sansa and Arya's story, specifically, for the Starks? What about Robb, Bran, or Rickon?

6. Why does the Greyjoy heir need to insult all their family members and kick them out? How do you steal something from a neighbor's lot---put it into your Sim's personal inventory? (I didn't know that was possible.)

7. The Night's Watch do sleep around. They just don't have wives, or children (that they know about).

I started with the Aaryn's because in the show the catalyst seemed to be John Aaryn's suspicious death that started a long string of drama.
    Fires can be started by people cooking with no cooking skill.
    I thought the Dothraki could die from water because of their fear of crossing the sea and had already used the fire theme in another house. And in Sims 4,you can die from many different extreme emotions.
    I think of the Baratheons as outdoor, woody types (probably because they are stags) and some like to hunt. I was modeling that after mostly the story of Robert Baratheon and Jeoffery and Cersi.

I mean if you have that many problems with my challenge then make your own?
    I stated it was my first challenge and some things I did for the sake of not complicating it more ex. Sansa and Arya.
    Jeeze.
    edited March 2015
    "Fires can be started by people cooking with no cooking skill." Rarely. Most often, they're successful.

"I started with the Aaryns because in the show the catalyst seemed to be John Aaryn's suspicious death"; "I thought the Dothraki could die from water because of their fear of crossing the sea" Hm. Good point, I didn't think of that.

"And in Sims 4, you can die from many different extreme emotions." How, though? How does it work?

"I was modeling that after mostly the story of Robert Baratheon and Jeoffery and Cersi." Well, technically Joffrey isn't a Baratheon, so. . .

You said if we had any questions or comments, you'd love to hear them. You didn't specify how many.
    "Fires can be started by people cooking with no cooking skill." Rarely. Most often, they're successful.

"I started with the Aaryns because in the show the catalyst seemed to be John Aaryn's suspicious death"; "I thought the Dothraki could die from water because of their fear of crossing the sea" Hm. Good point, I didn't think of that.

"And in Sims 4, you can die from many different extreme emotions." How, though? How does it work?

"I was modeling that after mostly the story of Robert Baratheon and Jeoffery and Cersi." Well, technically Joffrey isn't a Baratheon, so. . .

You said if we had any questions or comments, you'd love to hear them. You didn't specify how many.

I apologize if I mistakenly took your comment as rude, this comment makes it more clear to me that that was not what you intended.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/
    The above link explains all Sim deaths and how to make them happen if desired.

Lol, good point about Joffery, but he is still treated like a Baretheon.\
    Would you like it better if the Bartheon had an option of the faux story (Joffery) and also between Stannis and Renly?
    Thank you for the link, it's very helpful and informative. c:

And yeah, options are always great!
    I'll reedit them soon, hopefully I can get some more feedback and ideas through the show as well.
    I am also doing the Disney Princess Challenge and toying with an Intern Challenge I came up with.

Just to give you a taste of my direction with the storyline, here is the
    Throne Room, Lady and John Aaryn and their beautiful home.

03-23-15_6-38nbspPM.png

aaryns.jpg

03-23-15_6-40nbspPM.png

Maybe I should do a point system instead of rigid guidelines?
    How would that work?
  • SelychanSelychan Posts: 279 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun!!! *.*
    How would that work?

Just getting points for each completed task for each house and comparing the final score/houses score to the perfect score or other user's scores.
    I'll edit to encompass that now.
    That sounds like it'd probably be better. :)
    That sounds like it'd probably be better. :)

What do ya think?
    edited March 2015
    Maybe have the +1 point objectives first, then the +2, then the +3, etc.?

And maybe you could have a spoiler-free version here, and then a version with spoilers (where you explain how the objectives tie into the show, etc.), maybe posted on a blog or something?
    Well, I somewhat tried to order it in the order you would have to do it
    ex. you pick an aspiration before marriage and kids.

At some point, I might do that, maybe after I finish this version.
    Ohh, that makes sense.

So are cheats required for this challenge, to build the starter house and whatnot?
    Ohh, that makes sense.

So are cheats required for this challenge, to build the starter house and whatnot?

You can either build a small 2 story home or just use the freerealestate on cheat code.
    Selychan wrote: »
    This looks like a lot of fun!!! *.*

Thanks!
  • MaureenloveMaureenlove Posts: 38 Member
    I love this idea! I am totally going to put it on my list of challenges to do!
    xyIcMqt.png
    My Origin ID: maureenlove8
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    This looks so good! I am almost sorry I can't start right playing it right now. (I am doing Disney challenge, too, and I am quite busy with that.)
    Thanks everyone! I am in the process of starting a blog for this challenge, but first I need to catch up with posting for the Princesses.

How is the point system working with everyone?
    Does it seem fair?
  • ChepanChepan Posts: 64 Member
    I've started this challenge!!! Right now I'm on the first generation with one boy & two girls.
    My current total is:
    4pts but they don't know anyone else so they don't have any negative relationships... So if you take that into account, 3 + 4 = 7pts
    Sounds awesome! John and Lady Aaryn should be having their child any minute on mine!
  • williambeii8williambeii8 Posts: 1 New Member
    are we aloud to use a money cheat for the strating house and how can we go from one legacy house to the next, im new to all this legacy stuff but really wanna do this as im a big got and sims fan xx
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @alexxxopal ill be honest.. I tried watching game of thrones and I didn't really like it but this seems like fun