Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No new aspirations + traits, seriously?

Comments

• AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    We should have a business related aspiration!

As well as "Xenophile" and "Xenophobe" traits like the Supernatural Fan/Supernatural Skeptic traits from Supernatural.
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited March 2015
    Will the aliens have their own traits? Or none? I mean, ghosts have their own trait, each kind of death.
  • BlackGardenBlackGarden Posts: 48 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I found this odd at first but when I thought about it it kind of made sense. In The Sims 4, you have one set of goals relating to your aspiration, and a separate set of goals relating to your career. So, adding an aspiration for a particular career is actually redundant in most cases - you're already following the goals for the career, why follow them for the aspiration too?

The one thing I thought they might include would be an aspiration related to the retail feature, so it was a shame they didn't add that.

I see what you mean about the aspirations. But it seems we should at least see some new traits to go with the careers.

I know this isn't quite what you mean, but if you join the doctor career you get a special trait which makes you more resilient to illness. Probably from spending so much time around sick people.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited March 2015
    This is just stupid. TS4 had too few traits to begin with.
    And to all your "in all fairness" and "they can't make new aspirations/traits for every pack":

Of course they can! Why do you always try to defend them? Don't you want new stuff? I didn't get the GP and i shouldn't have to just to get more traits or aspirations. It is totally natural that an EP has the most of them! I always loved seeing the new traits and life time wishes for a new pack.

It gets so tedious to always have the same aspirations and with the new careers you won't really have time to fulfill the goals for them and that is why we need aspirations that fit them.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    cause we have soooooo many.. pff it was really a must that they would have added these.. i am so bored of the standard traits and aspirations.. too less too choose from
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    And im mad that i have to pay for this! why isnt it free? The basements are free! And im also mad that they dont pay ME to play this!
  • domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Unrealny wrote: »
    And no new woohoo ! ;c
    Where would the sims woohoo in this expansion pack? :)
    The shower had it been added.

The photo booth too. Like in The Sims 3
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Unrealny wrote: »
    And no new woohoo ! ;c
    Where would the sims woohoo in this expansion pack? :)

Jail cell, Cat scan machine, dressing room (assuming we get one.) I'm sure they could have thought of something.
    A Cat scan machine?! That's a good one. :)

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'm disappointed that there are no new aspirations. Not so bothered about traits. At the end of TS3 there were way too many traits and aspirations. How do you combat that?
    Arletta wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that there are no new aspirations. Not so bothered about traits. At the end of TS3 there were way too many traits and aspirations. How do you combat that?
    We are likely to get a new aspiration, and or new trait in the next Game Pack. :)

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Possible Aspirations:
    Alien Hunter
    Business Mogul

Possible Traits:
    Stylish (aids with clothing in retail, can buy clothing at discounted price, more likely to please customers when it comes to clothing)
    Business Savvy (helps with business management)
    Skeptic (do not believe in aliens, will not notice them, will go into shock if seeing them)
    Believer (easier to uncover aliens, more likely to be abducted, would love to meet and protect them)
    Photographer's Eye (better at photography, can notice clues more in detective career)
    Photogenic (appears better in pictures, can pose well)

Unlockable traits:
    Immune (prevents getting sick)

Possible Woohoo locations:
    Spaceship
    Shower
    Changing Room
    Medical Equipment

• haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Modders will surely come to the rescue :). There's a tool for creating custom traits already.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    haituva wrote: »
    Modders will surely come to the rescue :). There's a tool for creating custom traits already.

And somebody managed to make a custom aspiration (Class Clown aspiration for kids)
  • DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    The problem with this EP is that there's a lot of good content being added, but on the other hand the omission of things such as no new traits and aspirations ( amongst other huge omissions) is difficult to over look.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Lame! Ambitions came with six traits and eight Lifetime Wishes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2015
    I am not at all disappointed, I think that this is the best expansion ever! I don't really care for the aspirations and the traits, there is a new world and you can control your sims while they work! I really can't wait for this...
    Post edited by alexandra5 on
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    bosslaydee wrote: »
    And im mad that i have to pay for this! why isnt it free? The basements are free! And im also mad that they dont pay ME to play this!

Active careers were never in the base game. You can't say this can be free, because it is still a bunch of content and well worth 40$. Calm down.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    Was is confirmed there aren't any new ones? Something tells me there should be something in that area that will be added to the game. For us to have Aliens...we should have something like "Wish to see an Alien" "Fear or Aliens" and somethings like that. The gurus are not going to tell us everything though
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
    edited March 2015
    I just got done watching an interview with SimGuruAzura. And she said in the interview that there are no new aspirations, traits, and deaths in the expansion pack. She went on to explain that the reason why there are no new aspirations, and traits because they were focusing on the active careers, and the retail shops. And she also said in the interview that if your attached to your sim. In other words, she's saying that if you love your sim. She warns that do not have them push that red button that's coming in the expansion pack.
    This red button that they keep on talking about is starting to spark my curiosity. So far I have read that a sim will be electrocuted if they push that red button. :/
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    It genuinely doesn't make sense to me how there can be no new traits or aspirations, especially with aliens being introduced. So basically aliens will have the same traits as regular humans? The same aspirations?
    Granted, I don't know if the trait and aspiration system will be the same for aliens, but if it is, they'll just be different looking humans with powers who live in a different town.
    Its very very disappointing in my opinion.. I mean half the emotions are broken, traits don't really do anything different to a Sims personality, and Sims don't care if they achieve their aspiration, so why not just add some more traits that don't do anything and more aspirations? Since they really don't do much... It'd be easy..
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Just another nail in the coffin for this expansion pack. I just watched an interview on SimsVIP - yeah you can have your baby at the hospital but it is then magically beamed to your home lot. No new traits, aspirations, a new 'world' which looks exactly like one that already exists and has only four lots. No story progression, sick and pregnant people just appear and disappear, you still get all the clothes in your dresser and if your sim gets sick they can't go to the hospital. Honestly, Outdoor Retreat surprised me by having more content than I expected in a game pack. This EP so far has done the absolute opposite.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    It genuinely doesn't make sense to me how there can be no new traits or aspirations, especially with aliens being introduced. So basically aliens will have the same traits as regular humans? The same aspirations?
    Granted, I don't know if the trait and aspiration system will be the same for aliens, but if it is, they'll just be different looking humans with powers who live in a different town.
    Its very very disappointing in my opinion.. I mean half the emotions are broken, traits don't really do anything different to a Sims personality, and Sims don't care if they achieve their aspiration, so why not just add some more traits that don't do anything and more aspirations? Since they really don't do much... It'd be easy..

Except aliens have always had the same traits as normal sims in all the sims games. This is nothing new.

• ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Its very very disappointing in my opinion.. I mean half the emotions are broken, traits don't really do anything different to a Sims personality, and Sims don't care if they achieve their aspiration...
    I know this wasn't your intention, but this is the only argument I've seen for why it isn't completely plum that no traits/aspirations were added (since it'd really make no difference).

I still don't like that a) there are no new traits/aspirations (yes, they should be added in every expansion), b) traits/aspirations don't actually matter.

I find this less disturbing than the babies though (not being able to interact with them at hospital, they just appear on home lot, etc - You should be able to pick them up, cuddle them and TAKE them home!!!). I just want actual fre.aking babies.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • SimBuscus7SimBuscus7 Posts: 82 Member
    I still hope that developers will give us new traits anyway.
    My Simblr with CC and mods: SimBuscus Simblr
  • lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    It's a pity there won't be new traits. A Sim who's a hypochondriac freaking out at the doctor or a kleptomaniac caught shoplifting by the detective would have been fun.