Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last exception

I have a bunch of text documents in my sims 4 folder called last exception. They are dated to certain days. Is this bad? What are these documents and why are they showing up in my folder?
Origin Username: crayzeehappee
funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Those are exception logs of errors that occurred in your game (mostly just small stuff that are not an issue).

If you don't have any major issues, you can delete them (but new ones will be created). If you do have major issue, you could contact a game advisor and forward those to Maxis.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    Ok, so it's not a big deal then? I don't have any major issues, so I guess everything is fine.
    I did have a lot of last exceptions though. Like maybe seven. Is it normal to have that many???
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    I only ever get them if I have a minor mod clash. Of course, it might be different for different games. I have pinpointed it to three different mods that were glitching out after the last patch. I removed the mods and no more of these files were generated. To double check, I put the mods back in and they files generated again. It was definitely those mods.

Not game breakers but I have noticed some very minor stuttering/lagging with these mods as well. The files are always generated when my game first launches.

Anyways....do you have any mods or CC?

This is what my last one looked like:
    <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>378584860614330294</sessionid><type>desync</type>
    <sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2014-11-17 13:29:16</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.2.16.10-1.300.000.21.Release</buildsignature>
    <categoryid>time_service.py:123</categoryid><desyncid>378584860614330294</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 
    218, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 382, in 
    _resume&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 288, in 
    do_transition_animation&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 562, 
    in append_exit_to_arb&#13;&#10;KeyError: SLOT&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>

</root>

No, I don't have any mods or cc. Now I'm worried...I haven't run into any problems playing except the loading screens are getting pretty long.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    No, I don't have any mods or cc. Now I'm worried...I haven't run into any problems playing except the loading screens are getting pretty long.

I wouldn't worry. Mine was definitely a mod issue, these are just game errors and can be caused by anything. Long as the game is running fine? Don't worry but maybe see what happens when they are being generated?

Did you just start the game? End it? Alt+tab out of it?

My loading screens get longer the bigger the save file gets (meaning the longer I play the game). I believe Luthienrising has a thread around here about save file bloat. Maybe read that?

Again.....no need to start worrying if there isn't any game problem.
    Thanx. I'll pay attention to when they're generated.
    It keeps the last few (that was introduced with the last patch, before you just had one and that got overwritten each time). So now it becomes more visible

Don't worry.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Thank for asking about this. I just saw them in my EA folder today.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've just noticed this too. Before it just had lastException and now it's got numbers after it. I have had no issues while playing so I'm assuming something must be going on in the background. So deleting it is fine?
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Yes, deleting is fine.
    AHQ Tutorial

• February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Yes, deleting is fine.

Thanks crinrict - deleted!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    Is there any way for me to tell from these files what Mod's are causing the Last Exception files? I'd like to remove those Mods if they are causing these files to be created. I to have noticed my game loading slower, but I've been playing a lot.
  • DarkNekoJinsDarkNekoJins Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a lot myself, but wasn't sure if it was safe to get rid of or not. Glad I looked into this, because I had over nine or so in my folders.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I'm so glad to see this question! They've bugged me for ages, those LastException and LastUIException files.

I *had* been repeatedly seeing the LUIE ones any time I would be in Manage Households, and combine sims so that I was left with an empty window. The households would combine, but the merge window stayed open, and when I closed it, the empty box would also still be showing.

Mods or no, it still happened. It wasn't the *first* thing I checked (LOL... I'm a modder's fangirl for sure!), but I did force myself to play unmodded for a few days just to see what I was dealing with.

This last round of patches seems to have fixed that for me. So that's a good thing.

Mod count back at 30.

I'm fascinated by those files. The only for sure way to know which one comes from which mod, would be to test each mod separately, but that could take more time than it's worth.

People (like @luthienrising ... not singling her out, just tagging her to this thread) say they don't seem to do anything, and people also say they should be deleted because they could slow down the game... I don't see how, personally, but I'm no programmer. (Extra stuff in the folder, maybe? ... I'd think it'd just ignore whatever it doesn't need, but that's just me.)

I'd recommend using something like Notepad++ to look at those files, it preserves the spacing Python is so picky about.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.4.html

I will *never* go back to boring old Notepad!!!

Some of mine I could tell just by what they said... fire errors pointed to the Faster Fire Sprinklers mod... anything about incest pointed toward pregnancy mods and/or relationship mods... etc.

Some of them might be caused by game vs computer conflicts, rather than game vs mods conflicts, although I'm not positive about that. Registry-level stuff, mine gets pretty trashed after I've played for a while. Not sure what's going on with all that, but I'm running a drive optimizer every day or so now. It always finds a ton of registry errors, and all I'm usually doing is playing sims and visiting here, MTS, and Tinypic mostly.

My videocard is orange on the list of supported cards, btw. So my days of playing on this computer are numbered anyway. Since these last 2 patches, I've started (in windowed mode, it's better in fullscreen, so I have an "out" still, but I much prefer windowed for playing, for as long as I can use it) consistently having very brief hangs when I save.

Click save, it starts, hangs, there's a white flash, and the spinner goes fast for a few seconds then settles down to finish saving. I usually save again after a clunky one like that, just to see if it's any smoother, and sometimes it does work better. Could be time to delete my localthumbcache again. That fixes a lot of issues.

I haven't seen any LE files for a couple of days now, but I've got most of my older ones saved in a different folder. I'm a nerd like that, they do interest me. So I'd love to hear other input on them!

• Eidolon23Eidolon23 Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2015
    I took all mods out and still getting them. My game is continuously crashing now. One of us will want to play and then you hear, " See this is why I didn't want to play." lol
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Eidolon23 wrote: »
    I took all mods out and still getting them. My game is continuously crashing now. One of us will want to play and then you hear, " See this is why I didn't want to play." lol

Have you tried posting your Dxdiag to the Tech forum? Maybe it's out of date drivers or something?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Eidolon23 wrote: »

This might cover you, as it does a lot of players since the Dec. 4 update:
    If you're on a 64-bit laptop that isn't a Mac, see http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest. If you are on a 64-bit computer with only 4 GB RAM, switch back to the 32-bit version of the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimSlayzSimSlayz Posts: 7 New Member
    I normally get these files from minor mod clashes. They are fine to keep in your game, but if you want to...it's okay to delete them. Just don't mix them up with any other files! Happy simming! <3
  • MrMisseKatMrMisseKat Posts: 3 New Member
    Can anyone help? I have a problem here with the "Last Exception" error. Here yesterday i was playing sims and whenever i would click on the bed the message would come up again and again. I was altough going to start a family, and i of course got the sim pregnant. Here today i wanted to start a family again and try to get a sim pregnant. But now whenever i click the "Try For Baby" option they go over to eachother and just cancel the animation. Nothing happens. They just kinda take there hand up in the air like beside their shoulders and do nothing and continue with their day.. What can i do?
    > @MrMisseKat said:
    > And where do i find them? c:
    Please help!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    MrMisseKat wrote: »
    Can anyone help? I have a problem here with the "Last Exception" error. Here yesterday i was playing sims and whenever i would click on the bed the message would come up again and again. I was altough going to start a family, and i of course got the sim pregnant. Here today i wanted to start a family again and try to get a sim pregnant. But now whenever i click the "Try For Baby" option they go over to eachother and just cancel the animation. Nothing happens. They just kinda take there hand up in the air like beside their shoulders and do nothing and continue with their day.. What can i do?

Hello
    Try selling the bed and buying a new different type of bed and see if that helps.

If the issues remain, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem
    > @rosemow said:
    > MrMisseKat wrote: »
    >
    > Can anyone help? I have a problem here with the "Last Exception" error. Here yesterday i was playing sims and whenever i would click on the bed the message would come up again and again. I was altough going to start a family, and i of course got the sim pregnant. Here today i wanted to start a family again and try to get a sim pregnant. But now whenever i click the "Try For Baby" option they go over to eachother and just cancel the animation. Nothing happens. They just kinda take there hand up in the air like beside their shoulders and do nothing and continue with their day.. What can i do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try selling the bed and buying a new different type of bed and see if that helps.
    >
    > If the issues remain, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem

It worked!! Thanks so much c:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    MrMisseKat wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > MrMisseKat wrote: »
    >
    > Can anyone help? I have a problem here with the "Last Exception" error. Here yesterday i was playing sims and whenever i would click on the bed the message would come up again and again. I was altough going to start a family, and i of course got the sim pregnant. Here today i wanted to start a family again and try to get a sim pregnant. But now whenever i click the "Try For Baby" option they go over to eachother and just cancel the animation. Nothing happens. They just kinda take there hand up in the air like beside their shoulders and do nothing and continue with their day.. What can i do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try selling the bed and buying a new different type of bed and see if that helps.
    >
    > If the issues remain, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem

It worked!! Thanks so much c:

That is great! :) You're welcome !