Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking everything in me not to kill my sim babies!

I don't care if they're babies they're driving me nuts. They wake up in the middle of the night babbling and banging their crib. I just want to add a grill next to their cribs and cook some hotdogs.

I made a cute little beach house with a great couple and twins that look like both of them and it's being ruined by their spoiled brats.

They crap their diapers all day, they make noise all day, they never shut up, they never stop needing things. FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE BURN YOU WHINY BABIES! :twisted:

Seriously how do so many of you put up with them? This is the first time since the Sims 1 I've actually paid any attention to my babies and they're on my last nerve. My sims are writers and have no time to actually get any writing done with $2k in bills.

Comments

• sweetkelseysweetkelsey Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try putting a teddy bear in their crib. It works!

~Kelsey
  • kaitlxokaitlxo Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wait till their toddlers. Not only do they take up all your time- they look like little mutants/exorcist creatures.
  • BattiBoopBattiBoop Posts: 580 New Member
    edited June 2009
    LOL, this is what babies are like in real life! Only ten times worse. :twisted:

I heard about this one simmer who had triplets the first time....Gah! :shock:
  • AmfcatAmfcat Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't care if they're babies they're driving me nuts. They wake up in the middle of the night babbling and banging their crib. I just want to add a grill next to their cribs and cook some hotdogs.

Though I haven't actually had any babies in game yet, I know you can't kill them in the crib with fire. I was reading the guide and they said the crib will never burn with someone in it...
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2009

I made a cute little beach house with a great couple and twins that look like both of them and it's being ruined by their spoiled brats.

They crap their diapers all day, they make noise all day, they never shut up, they never stop needing things. FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE BURN YOU WHINY BABIES! :twisted:

Seriously how do so many of you put up with them? This is the first time since the Sims 1 I've actually paid any attention to my babies and they're on my last nerve. My sims are writers and have no time to actually get any writing done with $2k in bills.

OMG! that is so funny! they annoy me too so I switch families and let storyprogression do its course..... :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • PhoenixStarPhoenixStar Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    kaitlxo wrote:
    Wait till their toddlers. Not only do they take up all your time- they look like little mutants/exorcist creatures.

They are toddlers, I just call them babies. They're grating my last nerve. I'd probably prefer they were babies but since I made them in the creator they started out as toddlers.

I might just stuff cake down their throats till they're old enough to go to school.
  • SchweetassdahlSchweetassdahl Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Age them up to children or even teens. Either way they don't have to be annoying to you as you have quite a few options.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited June 2009
    You can't kill babies, toddlers or children, period.

I don't think they're any worse than Sims 2 babies. I just train em quick and then stick em on the educational toys (sims 3 toddlers can even read books, which help them with skills later).

Two options you have now that you DIDN'T have in Sims 2:

a) Switch to another house for a few days, and come back when they're children. Of course, you can't choose their next trait if you do that.

b) Age them up right away. You don't actually have to wait for the birthday anymore. You can buy a cake any time and age anybody (even non-family members, if you invite them over). With toddlers, if you want to choose their traits, you have to teach em to walk and talk and potty train em first though. Or you can age em without all that and use a cheat to set their traits ;)
  • grinsgrins Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When I call a babysitter, it seems she stays for ages. Just keep re-calling her and she'll help out (though I must admit some babysitters are terribly lazy). Or, invite a buddy to live with you just to take care of the baby, then have him/her find his own place. Also, I noticed you can age them pretty early using the birthday cake ;)
  • ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2009
    My first babies were twins they really weren't that much trouble but I strugled financialy so I evently put in the money cheat only once so I could add on to the house. if your really having trouble with them you could always put in the testing cheat and just fill their bars and leave them on the floor all night atleast that way your sims could sleep lol.
    edited June 2009
    Trying to let my sims enjoy their own lives and watch them without forcing them to do as much, but good lord those toddlers. A social worker would be an angel in disguise.

They're banging on their cribs again while my sims are trying to write.
  • nickloveslamasnickloveslamas Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't agree more ha ha. I hate them so much! And, toddlers are even worse. It takes them so long to potty train without my handy cheats from The Sims 2.

And am I the only one who really hates the little blankets that they are in? They are so weird looking!!! They are like in cocoons ha ha.

I'm still a little disappointed in the fact it seems that they took a lot of toddler and baby interactions out of the game. Such as giving them baths in the sink or bathtub or them playing in the toilet.
  • SimLogic51SimLogic51 Posts: 359 Member
    edited June 2009
    well in the game you can kill the kids. :( But who'd want to do that?

• SayYellow11SayYellow11 Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2009
    If your toddlers aren't tired, don't leave then in the crib. Let them out. They won't scream. They'll find the nearest toy and play.
    edited June 2009
    Whew! I sped up aging and their birthdays are coming! No more whiny toddlers!! :mrgreen:

I made it through without killing them. :)
  • DelishkaDelishka Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Your problem is leaving them in their cribs...take your sims out of baby jail. Let them crawl around and put down toys for them...they'll happily occupy themselves playing on the floor until their need for food of potty gets the best of them. My sim-toddler had his main sleep time during the day. His mum the writer would give him food, change the diaper, pop him in the crib and write while he slept. Then he was up all night playing with toys and occupying himself while she was sleeping. Potty train them and then your adult sims only have to feed them and move them from the bed to the floor to the bed.

My other advice to you is to lock yourself into a small space with bars. See how long it takes before YOU start whining for someone to let you out. Your toddlers are sims too, not just extensions of their parent sims.

edit:Ok, that came off as pretty preachy...sorry, I have a toddler in RL. Your bbq the baby comment pushed my buttons.
  • grinsgrins Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Trying to let my sims enjoy their own lives and watch them without forcing them to do as much, but good lord those toddlers

Lol, it's like real life (kinda). You have kids, and never get true peace again. Even after they grow up and move away you worry. This is why hubby and I never had kids. Bless the moms and dads out there, but it isn't for us ;)