Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing usernames?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I hope so, I'd like to change mine. Never meant it for forum reasons, just to register the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RirikaRirika Posts: 12 New Member
    I actually did ask support if it was possible to change my username a while ago, and at that time the very helpful CSR told me there is no way to change it currently BUT I'll be able to change it for TS4. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be available soon. B)
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I like my user name, I've used it for over 10 years in many places. I sympathize with people who don't though.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    jessicarsmssnjessicarsmssn Posts: 28 New Member
    Yeah, I was a hopeless romantic and used my exes last name, I am in desperate need of a change. Haha
  • Options
    ThatIrishPanda43ThatIrishPanda43 Posts: 1 New Member
    I picked this one out a longgg time ago, I wish it would just be the same as your origin ID
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    meh I just made a new acct and ditched my old one XD at this rate? I don't foresee changing usernames anytime soon
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    yes, username change is a must have
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    So still no word on the ability to change your username? :( .. i missed a letter in mine. It's supposed to be Ushaka. Surfer. But anyway I want to change it to be Cookie Monster. Cos ya know... i live cookies Like.. A LOT! xD
    Cookie anyone? :cookie::blush: ... NO! .. It's MINE! :angry::rage:
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'd like to change my username, too. It reveals private information.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    On deviant art when you do change your username you can't change it again for six months.
    But you have to pay for that so I'd like it to be free if they could add something like that here.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I was given a chose to change mine when the Sims 4 came out and thought everybody could do so :open_mouth:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am attached to mine as well. It same as my orginid. I have plenty of houses for people to choose from. LOL.
  • Options
    greenteagreentea Posts: 235 Member
    That's great! Normally I would love the option to change mine but I made sure I picked one I liked in 2009, haha.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I was given a chose to change mine when the Sims 4 came out and thought everybody could do so :open_mouth:
    Not me :( I still very much would like to change it because it was never meant to be a forum name.
    Would it help if I'd approach a moderator about this? And if yes: how?
    I'd like to be JoAnne, that has become my Sims forum alter ego. Astridentanja is my daughter and me fused, she doesn't even play Sims anymore kt_snooty.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    I don't think I would change mine, but I can see why some people might want that option.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    I want to change mine! It's just so 2013
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    Anyone knows if it's possible now?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited April 2018
    Anyone knows if it's possible now?

Just go to either SimGuruDrake's page or SimStaffBethelle's page and tell them that you want a name change... :)

Editing to add that anyone interested in changing their user name can either go to EA_Mage or EA_Lanna page as SimGuruDrake and SimStaffBethelle are no longer on this site or work for EA anymore
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    Dellen_03Dellen_03 Posts: 10 New Member
    Will that work? They would have to deal with a lot of people wanting name changes (myself included)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Will that work? They would have to deal with a lot of people wanting name changes (myself included)

Hello @EquestrainLolita
    It would be best to post on the activity wall of EA_Mage. The SimGuru and SimStaff people in the above post no longer work here.
  • Options
    nrichard680nrichard680 Posts: 17 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > EquestrainLolita wrote: »
    >
    > Will that work? They would have to deal with a lot of people wanting name changes (myself included)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @EquestrainLolita
    > It would be best to post on the activity wall of EA_Mage. The SimGuru and SimStaff people in the above post no longer work here.

Thanks @rosemow! This is an original that my mother made for me back when I still needed to be "parental controlled". She was a huge bonjovi fan and I can't stand him. Hoping I'll be able to make a change asap.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Jovimom wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > EquestrainLolita wrote: »
    >
    > Will that work? They would have to deal with a lot of people wanting name changes (myself included)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @EquestrainLolita
    > It would be best to post on the activity wall of EA_Mage. The SimGuru and SimStaff people in the above post no longer work here.

Thanks @rosemow! This is an original that my mother made for me back when I still needed to be "parental controlled". She was a huge bonjovi fan and I can't stand him. Hoping I'll be able to make a change asap.

You’re welcome @Jovimom :) It is great to hear the background details of your username! Ea_Mage is very helpful and will change your username for you :)
  • Options
    SaturnSublimeSaturnSublime Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2019
    I understand EA_Mage has retired now too, anyone know who to approach now?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Meresti wrote: »

@Meresti, @EA_Rtas or @EA_Mai would be the ones to ask for name changes... :)
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Meresti wrote: »

@Meresti, @EA_Rtas or @EA_Mai would be the ones to ask for name changes... :)

Thank youuuuu so much ^~^
    2vc864m.jpg