Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home for the Holidays :: Issue #30, pg 16! - Update 03/13

1789101113...Next

Comments

• KaleekoKaleeko Posts: 586 Member
    Home for the Holidays - Issue #29

tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o1_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o2_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o3_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o4_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o5_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o6_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o7_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o8_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o9_540.png
    tumblr_nl45ie8uy01qk5ux8o10_540.png

One more post this chapter--it'll be up tomorrow! ^^
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Ohmigosh So exciting. I do believe Walt has a crush. And Natalie already seems like such an interesting character. It's pretty amazing how much depth there even when much wasn't even said. Plus she's adorable just like all your characters :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    *snicker* I've been looking forward to this moment for a while, @Carewren123! Though Alex's introduction may not be quite what Wally hopes for, lol...

Awwww--man, that honestly is really great to hear. T__T It was pretty important to me to make sure Natalie felt fleshed out as quickly as possible because she appears so late in the chapter, but next post will drop even more hints on her backstory which should help even more. She's probably the most heartbreaking character that'll appear in the series, which is saying a lot. :( So I gotta make sure I show her a lot of love.

Also, pre-congrats on 1k posts! (It's 999 as I'm looking at the page right now, hehe.)
  • DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    OMG, Alex! Don't tell me that they are going to be together!
    Also Natalie, I couldn't wait to see her! She is beautiful, but she looks so innocent and fragile. Is she related to the Kanes in any way? She resembles some of their facial features.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I liked seeing Geoffrey Landgraab sitting there at the table! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @DavidMcSessy *browwaggle* I will say nothing! ;) You'll just have to wait and see.

You've explained Natalie in a nutshell, pretty much! She's fragile, but for good reason. She's not related to the Kanes, though--I think I may've been inspired to make her nose more 'roman' shaped because I missed the quirky nose passed through the Kane family (didn't make it onto Owen, obviously), but she's not related. I can see where you get that though, especially with her blonde hair she looks like she could pass as Jebidiah or Bradley's daughter!

Speaking of which, someone reminded me about uploading the TS4 version of Margo, so I'll probably be uploading my assortment of TS4 Kanes sometime today or tomorrow, in case you're interested. (Not sure why you would be but hey you never know!)
    @CathyTea Yup, that's him. I like trying to keep as many EA townies as I can, it's nice to have recognizable sims hanging about.
    Issue #29 inspired me to work on a new issue of The Willow's Way today after such a long time. Thank you, Kal! <3
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
    @DavidMcSessy I'm glad to hear that, bud! ♥ I know you haven't been feeling too great, and lordy knows I take breaks all the time when I need to from being frazzled. Sometimes getting back to work on something we enjoy can help too, though, and I hope it does for you. :)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Oh I just can't believe I was missing out on so many chapters! Today I'm stuck at home with flu so I thought of checking back some posts that I used to read...and...the story only gets better! Thanks for sharing! I will try to check back more often :smiley:
    @anaitapeva Thank you, lovely! ♥ Even if you aren't able to, the thought that you would like to means a lot to me. I hope you get to feeling better soon, though!
    edited March 2015
    Home for the Holidays - Issue #30

[ Soundtrack Song ♫ ]

tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o1_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o2_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o3_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o4_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o5_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o6_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o7_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o8_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o9_540.png
    tumblr_nl4k4uKC0H1qk5ux8o10_540.png

And, that's it for Chapter 1! (Way to end on a high note, huh? :P ) It's a little bit of a cliche twist, but what happens next may not be what you're expecting, so stay tuned!

Chapter 2 will probably start in a couple of weeks--I'm absolutely determined to get one of my TS3 stories finished before I resume any other projects, so I'm hoping I can have that out of the way ASAP. I might share a bit of it here, too, if you guys are interested. :)

And seriously, thank you SO much to everyone who gives feedback, especially to those of you who are so thoughtful and so kind. I'm not always the greatest and keeping tabs on the forums--I'm a bit of a homebody on tumblr, unfortunately--but you're the reason I keep coming back. Please know how much you're appreciated. ♥

Cheers!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, no! You know what? It did not feel like a cliche at all! I'm still here with my jaw hanging down saying, "Oh, no!" Holy crum!

I've already spun out my little fantasy happy ending... it's sort of seven-dwarfish, but in a nice Grimms Brothers way, not a Disney way! Hahaha!

And also, I LOVE the look on Walter's face after he gets juiced-on and she storms away! True crush! Gotta love it!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Hmm... what can I say that Cathy didn't...

I agree that it didn't feel cliche either. Perhaps because the rest of their situation is anything but typical. But yeah, what I high note to end on ;) That poor girl. I'm just going to have faith that there will be a happy ending... eventually. After a bunch more twists and turns, of course.

And Walt... lol Shy, never wants to leave his computer, slightly awkward Walter sure jumped the gun in asking for a girl's number, huh? LOL Not that he deserved a drink in the face, but I'm not surprised he got turned down.

I'll eagerly await Chapter 2. One of the things I'm most curious about is what'll happen when Amy and Alex see each other again.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @CathyTea *snicker* Oh, if only such a happy ending wasn't fantasy... Unfortunately, I have the earn the 'drama' in the title somehow. XD I'm glad you don't think it's a cliche development, though--I know pregnancy gets spun off a lot (even teen pregnancy) in Sims stories because especially in a base game it's one of the few major things that can "happen", but I'm certainly hoping the dynamic between Amy, Natalie, and the Holiday boys makes it unique, as well as the developments that result from said pregnancy. I was tempted to start the story with her already pregnant so it wasn't a "bombshell" moment, but it worked better for the flow of things, I think.

... Bleh, I sure can ramble.

You are so right, though--true crush! That boy fell hard and fast. I imagine Walter doesn't half-🐸🐸🐸🐸 anything. ;)
    @Carewren123 I'm glad you think so, too! And I hope you're right. They're definitely unique characters (particularly Amy, I imagine) so it should have it's own unique spin, but I felt nervous about it for some reason. I'm trying hard to focus on the 'family' aspects of the story rather than 'romance', but the pregnancy is veeerry important to the story later on so I can't really avoid it. So hopefully I do it justice!

And yeah... I think Walter was a bit too starry eyed to even think about what he was doing, lol! He's a pretty brave dude and I wouldn't particularly call him shy, just... disinterested and reclusive because--as we'll explore later--his mother kind of trained him to be that way. But no, he definitely didn't deserve a drink to the face! I may have to have Alexandra explain that one, even if it's in the comic and not this story, lol. XD

Thanks for the comment, hon! ♥ As for Amy and Alex... well. Time will tell. >: ] Ba ha ha ha ha...
    I loved it, totally unexpected! I really really like Natalie, like she became one of my favorite characters, and when I read that last line my heart started pumping heavier and my morning got ruined (just kidding).

I can't wait to see some of your old characters back. Lilo, maybe? Gosh, I love this dramatic life of hers!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    What a way to end the chapter! I can't wait for the next one.