Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lord of The Rings retold. Bear drinks wine, complains a lot

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The new version looks very nice! :) It is very creatively done to resemble parts of the Lord of the Ring. The build is great!
  • JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Alrighty, so I looked at this up close and it's is AWESOME!!! :o (bit of a Tolkien nerd, read the books many times when I was a wee sprout)

Lots of imaginative and fun things to find in this build, best part is recognizing all of it! I'm not going to be too spoilery, I love the layout! Bag End looks fantastic and has a fun interior, the Prancing Pony looks great with the hobbit houses beneath (great idea with the 'doors'), love how you've used the knights to represent Argonath, the Rivendell structure is awesome! Nice touch with the boat, if only it came in a Swan model...

*pause for breath* I see what you meant about building on the round platforms now. Helm's Deep looks sturdy and imposing, love the workbenches placed there and the stone fencing, interesting visual effect you've done with the landscaping and the yellow plumbob lamp to represent Frodo, the Tower of Sauron looks creepy with the tree branches poking out. I thought the Eye was an apple for a moment, so beware the Apple of Sauron! And lastly, if you put a fun feature in there...I saw it, lol! I didn't point out quite a few other things I found browsing around.

Excellent job JBEAR, very inspired and imaginative! :D

Really pleased someone has been in and had a look around :smile: And thanks for the time you gave to your feedback. Good stuff.

rosemow wrote: »
    The new version looks very nice! :) It is very creatively done to resemble parts of the Lord of the Ring. The build is great!
    Thank you, glad I got there in the end.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Wow, JBear, how creative! As a LoTR lover, I can really appreciate the thought and effort you put behind this. I can't believe all of the nifty things you managed to do and include!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    Excellent job. Only thing I had to change was move some of the huge rocks back down , some wall coverings and had to add a stove in the hobbits place. Absolutely love it. They managed to get around even the smallest of places. I do have it backwards on my lot but would rather have it in game then trying to rotate the house. That would be a nightmare. Wished they had a way to rotate the whole lot! Thank you for the build love it! :)
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Wow, JBear, how creative! As a LoTR lover, I can really appreciate the thought and effort you put behind this. I can't believe all of the nifty things you managed to do and include!

Thanks for checking it out and leaving feedback on the gallery, was good to read.
    carla70 wrote: »
    Excellent job. Only thing I had to change was move some of the huge rocks back down , some wall coverings and had to add a stove in the hobbits place. Absolutely love it. They managed to get around even the smallest of places. I do have it backwards on my lot but would rather have it in game then trying to rotate the house. That would be a nightmare. Wished they had a way to rotate the whole lot! Thank you for the build love it! :)

Really thrilled you like it. I realised after there may be a few things not right. I did test it a lot sending sims to walk here, then there etc, but I do miss a trick now and then, and I was so done with it after building it twice lol. It isn't getting any downloads, had an issue where it wasn't showing as uploaded for some, and I don't want to delete any more favorites or comments re-uploading so I apreciate that 3 or 4 of you here have expressed how much you like it in game. Its all good :)

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Artistry at its finest, @JBEAR1 - Love your creativity and the skill you possess to bring it out in the engine.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • BrainampBrainamp Posts: 174 Member
    Wow. Just wow. This is probably one of the better things I have seen built in the Sims 4. So much creativity. I would never think that this was possible. I'm definitely going to download and favourite :)
    Thanks Ash, you are very kind with your words.
    Brainamp wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow. This is probably one of the better things I have seen built in the Sims 4. So much creativity. I would never think that this was possible. I'm definitely going to download and favourite :)
    Hard for me to not enjoy reading this :) I noticed it had another download and favorite so guess it was you , welcome to the fellowship lol. We're a small bunch of sims.

Just want to give an update on this. I spent many hours on this build as some know, then rebuilt most of it like I do. I tried a few times to upload it but it wasn't appearing in my catalog for some so, to date it has 9 downloads. I found it very hard to be motivated about creating again (which I normally love to do) and I won't lie, seeing the new Highlighted front page with 50,000 people getting to see 1 build, well, I have struggled to put that into context.
    But, I've decided to just march on, building what comes, and getting followers 1 at a time to hopefully make a decent catalog of work.
    Interestingly I now see this build as a little treat for people who stumble upon my uploads and check out my page, a little gem for them if you will. It has 9 downloads, but 13 favorites, that's a good ratio;) And I'm happy with that. Thats like 130 % or something.

So, thanks to everyone on this forum that welcomed my threads and builds because if I was just out there in the wilds of the gallery I probably would have given up already and be waiting for Call Of Duty to come out, lol.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Please keep building! :) . You are so very creative in your builds, and here in the forums we all enjoy looking at your builds. The simmers who download your builds are enjoying having them in their games. Keep creating the builds that you enjoy creating and I will look forward to seeing all your builds :)
    :) I'm sure I will. Pretty addicted at the moment. I just might get tired and end up trying to cut a niche on the eventual ps4 version or something. I wish these online user created searches had a solution. Had the same thing in Little Big planet 2 and far Cry 3. Nobody got their stuff played except a few.
    I'm not bitter (much) but I'm seeing other peoples work like aqufier's (?) dragon, Lion's Star wars ship, Dippy's new cottage etc just hitting this glass ceiling from some algorithm or something. Yet people who don't need promoting at all get promoted. not once, a second time.

I would like to see someone like ruthless be acknowledged by being offered a position by maxis to look for new talent and encourage lesser known people, or just builds. It doesn't need to be about the people. but, ranting. I'm new to this social stuff and don't have twitter, facebook etc so probably gonna be a rough ride for someone like myself trying to get their stuff to players.
    Pretty sure this is still the best build in the game and I'm not even that drunk. Whatever.
    Joking, btw :)
    I'm very very drunk. 0-0
    LOL! JBEAR! Welcome back. :D Couldn't resist the lure of GTW perhaps? ;) We've really missed you around here! Hope this means that when the alcohol haze has cleared, you might be working on a build or two... :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    It is good to see you return, even if just briefly. You will forgive me, however, if I exhibit a preference for my own Rivendell. ;)
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    I love this! :smiley:
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    LOL! JBEAR! Welcome back. :D Couldn't resist the lure of GTW perhaps? ;) We've really missed you around here! Hope this means that when the alcohol haze has cleared, you might be working on a build or two... :)

You're awesome.

aquilifer wrote: »
    It is good to see you return, even if just briefly. You will forgive me, however, if I exhibit a preference for my own Rivendell. ;)

You did your own version ? cool. I can't look at it as the game refuses to let me online so.. ?
    Yeah, you picked a bad day to try to access the Gallery. It's been down most of the day. :p Welcome back. Again. :D
    edited July 2015
    YO ! Thanks for the reply ;) good to know, managed to get on and read some comments and stuff. Forgot how much it fills the ego. I should try and make something new for an ego top up lol.. Maybe. After I catch up on what you all have made. All the best

edited July 2015
    aquilifer wrote: »

Ok, I managed to find it and have a look. Pretty pretty good. It is a little formal and square ish, whereas mine is very seat of your pants free flowing creation with no real forethought or planning. And it has elements that follow the whole journey of middle earth, so. Without seeming rude (lol) I prefer mine.

But, you will always be the master of roofs, no doubting that. (until I finish my sydney opera house which I asked you to collaborate on, then, who knows ;) ) :D Nice try though